Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Games are worth playing if you are interested in them. Asking people to tell you that is utterly pointless because every game has haters and fanboys, who will give contradicting opinions. Even if one of the groups is right, it doesn't necessarily mean your interests will align with either of the groups.

Read about the game, watch some gameplay maybe, and if you're interested in the setting, that's when you should jump in. There's nothing more pointless than asking questions like that on forums
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

Everything wrong with gamers in one sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Meh.....makes a one line thread three months ago, asking a question. Then buggers off and never even comes back to thank the ones who in part have answered extensively or tell them what decision he made.
    Thank you oh great one for your input on my question and your thoughtful opinion. Not sure why you are so interested in my personal life. That's a bit creepy.

For me personally it's worth it, been away for a few years, got tons of story to catch up on, and some classes i never finished the main story on. So tons of stuff to keep me busy. I always remember PVP in SWTOR not being very good though because it used to be so damned laggy and choppy. Not tried it in years though so it may of improved, but i doubt it.

I really enjoyed the story lines from Swtor, sad that the endgame content were not that great at launch... Was an avid player of Kotor2 <3

3+ Year Old Account
    I enjoy it, especially since you aren't forced into be a Force User like KotOR 1 and 2.

Quote Originally Posted by WFD1992 View Post
    I enjoy it, especially since you aren't forced into be a Force User like KotOR 1 and 2.
    While true, the story line of the KotFE and KotET, just feels incredibly forced (no pun intended) as a non force user.

Honestly, only two classes make sense as the object of Valkorian's affection's/ attention like the main character is during these stories, the Sith Warrior or the Jedi Knight. However, as far as being able to battle the force using characters in the Zakuul story, the Jedi Consular and Sith Inquisitor make sense there too.

The non force users have no business even being noticed by Valkorian from a narrative stand point, and it makes absolutely zero sense for them to be able to go toe to toe with the likes of Arcann and Vaylin and have any chance of winning, let alone ACTUALLY winning.

That said, their game play is still fun as hell and the game is still entertaining....you just have to completely suspend your disbelief in those stories otherwise it just comes across as ridiculously cheesy and the most robust plot armor ever to be plot armored in any video game ever....

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    While true, the story line of the KotFE and KotET, just feels incredibly forced (no pun intended) as a non force user.

Honestly, only two classes make sense as the object of Valkorian's affection's/ attention like the main character is during these stories, the Sith Warrior or the Jedi Knight. However, as far as being able to battle the force using characters in the Zakuul story, the Jedi Consular and Sith Inquisitor make sense there too.

The non force users have no business even being noticed by Valkorian from a narrative stand point, and it makes absolutely zero sense for them to be able to go toe to toe with the likes of Arcann and Vaylin and have any chance of winning, let alone ACTUALLY winning.

That said, their game play is still fun as hell and the game is still entertaining....you just have to completely suspend your disbelief in those stories otherwise it just comes across as ridiculously cheesy and the most robust plot armor ever to be plot armored in any video game ever....
    I have a theory that the "non Force using" classes are unaware Force Sensitives.

Also, one of the reasons I love SWTOR is that you don't have to be actively subscribed to get most content. Unlike stuff like WoW (which only allows you to play characters that are level 20 or below) or FF14 (which, while starting on August 11th will allow you to level up to 60 as a free trial, once you go paid, you can never play for free again).

I have a theory that the "non Force using" classes are unaware Force Sensitives.

Also, one of the reasons I love SWTOR is that you don't have to be actively subscribed to get most content. Unlike stuff like WoW (which only allows you to play characters that are level 20 or below) or FF14 (which, while starting on August 11th will allow you to level up to 60 as a free trial, once you go paid, you can never play for free again).
    As stated in the movies, the force flows through EVERY living thing. So even if you aren't prone to using the force, it's still there.

Quote Originally Posted by Valeria View Post
    As stated in the movies, the force flows through EVERY living thing. So even if you aren't prone to using the force, it's still there.
    I agree with this, however, it still makes no narrative sense for the Smuggler, Trooper, Agent or Bounty Hunter to be "the only person truly worthy of Valkorian's full attention" when they don't even know how to use the force and have done nothing noteworthy in his eyes. Especially, when compared to the actual Force using classes that exist.

Thanks to the new Star Wars trilogy, being able to take on powerful, trained, and seemingly unstoppable Force users can just be hand waved away by saying it's the "Will of the Force" but it still seems weird that it's even a remote possibility for one of those classes to take on Arcann, who devastated entire planets with his power, with relative ease, or Vaylin whose power makes Arcann look like a toddler in comparison without even knowing how to use the Force and seemingly making no effort to actually use it.

What about online digits in swtor for today? Approximately

I agree with this, however, it still makes no narrative sense for the Smuggler, Trooper, Agent or Bounty Hunter to be "the only person truly worthy of Valkorian's full attention" when they don't even know how to use the force and have done nothing noteworthy in his eyes. Especially, when compared to the actual Force using classes that exist.
    Lord I hated that on my sniper playthrough. "The fuck? I'm super special force sensitive now too? But I played a non-force user so I didn't have to deal with space magic bullshit."

The narrative plays out pretty well on a force user IMO (well, that part. The family drama...less so IMO), but the move to a singular narrative with only occasional class shoutouts really hamstrings what they can do.

Thanks to the new Star Wars trilogy, being able to take on powerful, trained, and seemingly unstoppable Force users can just be hand waved away by saying it's the "Will of the Force" but it still seems weird that it's even a remote possibility for one of those classes to take on Arcann, who devastated entire planets with his power, with relative ease, or Vaylin whose power makes Arcann look like a toddler in comparison without even knowing how to use the Force and seemingly making no effort to actually use it.
    Even within the game itself the power of the force is wildly inconsistent. Like, I think it was Shadow of Revan, but at one point I, on my Jedi Sage who is supposed to be one of the more powerful jedi in the galaxy right now, needs to use a fucking rocket launcher to blow open a door. A ROCKET LAUNCHER?! Nevermind that I've shown far more power in my own force use, nevermind that I think at this point Lana had already ripped apart a far heavier door, I NEED A ROCKET LAUNCHER TO OPEN THIS DOOR!

Space magic within the franchise is so incredibly poorly defined in terms of what it can/can't do and largely seems to revolve around, "whatever is convenient to the plot at any given moment" Like, casually stopping lasers? PRETTY BIG POWER, GLAD WE SEE IT PRECISELY ONCE AND THEN NEVER AGAIN IN THE MOVIES.

My kingdom for storylines that don't revolve around space magic bullshit.

For me I came back to play through the class story quests I had not finished during the last exp bonus event, and after finishing them I'm still playing and subbed due to the amount of content the game has, from running all the old ops to soloing the fps I never got around to. I'd say for the class quests storylines its worth playing those atleast. Just my two cents.

It has always been worth playing.

But do you really need other people's opinions about it? Try it out yourself.

You should give it a try to decide if it is worth playing or not

I wouldn't really recommend it. Waiting for SL is the best move honestly. But that's just my opinion.

Came back a bit in SWTOR to relaunch my old account. Always enjoyable to navigate in this universe. Only thing I find a bit crappy is the general feeling of the graphical engine (combats notably are very clunky compared to fast paced games such as WoW) and the number of spells you have to play with is absolutely gigantic, it is really not fun to play with 10+ different action buttons during a combat :-(

So yes nice to quest but combats are really ruining my experience so far
    Chic Not Geek

Its a Game I resub to and play for a month or 2 then unsub and let it sit for a few years, I do enjoy it a lot. But the game is pretty shallow now.

Quote Originally Posted by Spaceboytg View Post
    As far as the button bloat goes I just figure out a "rotation" of abilities that works pretty well and ignore many of the others. I think that leaves me with about 6 necessary buttons on my Merc right now The graphics of combat just is the way it is, nothing that can really be done to improve that
    I play Arsenal, what abilities do you use ?
    Cause right now, the "mandatory ones" are:

Tracer Missile
    Supercharged Celerity
    Electro Net
    supercharged gas
    Barrage
    Priming Shot
    Heatseeker missiles
    Rail shot
    Chaff Flare (for threat drop)
    Blazing bolts
    Chic Not Geek

Quote Originally Posted by lovingbenji View Post
    I play Arsenal, what abilities do you use ?
    Cause right now, the "mandatory ones" are:

Tracer Missile
    Supercharged Celerity
    Electro Net
    supercharged gas
    Barrage
    Priming Shot
    Heatseeker missiles
    Rail shot
    Chaff Flare (for threat drop)
    Blazing bolts
    Depending on what you're doing (translated, unless it's Operations or maybe Hard Mode dungeons where you still have Tank, Healer and DPS roles and not just hodge podge groups like in Veteran) I wouldn't even call Electro Net and Chaff Flare mandatory because CC and threat drops don't really help all that much, if at all. Definitely useful, but not mandatory, I'd replace Electro Net with Disabling Shot and call that mandatory though, as that's our normal intterupt.

Regardless, that's not that many abilities, especially when many of them only get used a couple times a minute.

3+ Year Old Account
    SWTOR is still one of the best solo games for me. Amazing questlines for the different classes.