10+ Year Old Account
    HURRRRRLLLLL

Fuck everything about season passes. Greedy corporate FOMO bullshit

This gets a big fat NO from me

Quote Originally Posted by Ladey Gags View Post
    HURRRRRLLLLL

Fuck everything about season passes. Greedy corporate FOMO bullshit

This gets a big fat NO from me
    As for me, I dislike season passes in all it's forms.

I've got to admit, If I was on the border line and needing to make a decision to continue playing SWTOR or not. This would push me to not play. I'm just not a fan of that design.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    so after many years of wow only, I've taken the leap, bought the 29.99 SWTOR subscription. any advice for new player? guilds important if primarily a solo style player? f'd up schedule, rarely on at same time, often for an hour or less.
    Your mother was a hamster, and your father smelled of elderberries.

Yeah, i popped in for a while and it is good for the game to give you objectives with galactic seasons. You also complete your conquest on your characters while doing it, so it feels rewarding.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't think this is possible but in case it is.

Is it possible to transfer one character to another account? I opened up another account a while ago as i figured i lost access to my original account all the way back as it was tied to an older no longer in use email address.

Since i manage to get access to that again i wonder if i can move characters around?
    “My philosophy is: It’s none of my business what people say of me and think of me. I am what I am and I do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. And it makes life so much easier.
    ― Anthony Hopkins

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spaceboytg View Post
    I'm fairly certain that's not something you can do. Particularly because it would make it too easy for sites that sell characters to transfer those characters to a buyer's account. Though I'm hesitant to believe anyone is buying SWTOR characters
    That's a shame but i kind of expected that to be the case yes, i am more attached to the old account as it has more characters on it and while my original is only level 50 and just starting the Hutt story line where as the other is a 56 trooper, guess i will abandon the old.

But i had to ask i know some games allow it from a distant memory. To be honest it will take a long time before i finish everything up on the sith inquisitor.
    “My philosophy is: It’s none of my business what people say of me and think of me. I am what I am and I do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. And it makes life so much easier.
    ― Anthony Hopkins

Don't bother to even try it, game pretty much dead, content released yearly you can wait new raid for 2 years and still not get it, management is trash, it is not f2p, you must pay to do the high end stuff, game engine is the worst engine ever made in any game, if you have wow lags this game will bring fps below 10-15 in PVP, like latest patch bring new flashpoint aka dungeon, and you know what it took them a year to do that. from tons of servers with multiple instances (layers) only like 2 for each language left on EU, and with about 200-300 players only on fleet at prime time.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amaterasus View Post
    Don't bother to even try it, game pretty much dead, content released yearly you can wait new raid for 2 years and still not get it, management is trash, it is not f2p, you must pay to do the high end stuff, game engine is the worst engine ever made in any game, if you have wow lags this game will bring fps below 10-15 in PVP, like latest patch bring new flashpoint aka dungeon, and you know what it took them a year to do that. from tons of servers with multiple instances (layers) only like 2 for each language left on EU, and with about 200-300 players only on fleet at prime time.
    A real shame. Game had so much potential. But yeah this is what I noticed last time I was playing. I mean how many raids are there in the game? Two? Three?

like true new ones are 2 and it took them 4 years to do that, 1 raid was even releasing 1 boss each 2-3 months

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amaterasus View Post
    I am not new to this game, i am well aware of it's limitations as i used to run in a bigger PvP guild and the lagfest was rather real but my modern then old system now held up pretty well back in the day so with a GPU upgrade i am sure i will be fine playing in a casual matter.

Not looking to really raid either as i don't have time for that to be honest, any raid i participate in would be very laid back on the weekends. So their release window on that doesn't bother or effect me one bit.

Mainly looking to do the newer content considering i only played the base game, i am also subbing because i see no reason to play it F2P with all its limitations. I only have one active MMO running at the time.

In short i am treating SWTOR more as an single player online game with social features, i am not expecting the same level of team content as other mmo's offer.
    ― Anthony Hopkins

10+ Year Old Account
    Learned that there are single player (story) flashpoints now and sadly also learned that the combat support droid is rather buggy.

Mine died and i couldn't resummon it through the item as my instance wasn't seen as a story mode instance.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Spaceboytg View Post
    SWTOR is not a raid-centric game. Really, no MMO is other than WoW. And if you come into SWTOR expecting "WoW in space" you're going to be sorely disappointed. If raiding is your thing, then this is definitely not your game. There are Ops, of course, but they're not a huge focus. Most of the gameplay is in Flashpoints, PvP, and World content. Oh, and story. SWTOR is heavy on story and does it excellently most of the time. And it uses its huge game world full of planets to the most advantage, nothing is ever truly irrelevant or out-of-date thanks to sensible scaling and Conquest, which drives you towards lots of content.

I've been having a blast in SWTOR lately and would likely keep playing except I kind of want to get away from MMOs for a while and play some single-player RPGs I've been neglecting. Based on what you've said, Acidbaron, I imagine you'll have a good time in SWTOR. Oh, and I highly recommend while subscribed acquiring unlocks for the inevitable time you go Preferred so that it's still very playable without a sub. I'm at a point where not subbing only means I can only access 1 million credits at a time and would not get Galactic Season rewards on the subscriber track.
    I am really taking it easy and playing it casually, games like these their F2P model really is for the largest part an extended trial so why not pay the small monthly fee.
    ― Anthony Hopkins

10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't mind if SWTOR got reduced effectively to KOTOR III with multiplayer elements. Bioware could always write great single player RPG stories.
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    The main function of Mythic mode for most players is to act as a reminder that, compared to that 1%, they suck.

Quote Originally Posted by Fayenoor View Post
    I wouldn't mind if SWTOR got reduced effectively to KOTOR III with multiplayer elements. Bioware could always write great single player RPG stories.
    That's basically what the vanilla content is. Jedi Knight story is as close to KOTOR 3 as we're ever going to get.

10+ Year Old Account
    Also wouldn't be surprised if SWTOR saw a surge in popularity with the success of Mandalorian. The BH story in vanilla was pretty decent.
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    The main function of Mythic mode for most players is to act as a reminder that, compared to that 1%, they suck.

I recently re-subbed and have been having a great time with the new content that they've finally added, which should have been there when 7.0 launched. But, I'm reconsidering having a subscription simply because I've unlocked all the account perks such that subbing basically just lets me have access to my credits. And, with the state of the economy, we are precariously close to the point at which credits will cease to be a unit of purchase. The smart play now is to sink all your credits into cartel packs and trade them for items you want because the packs never lose value over time as credits do.

So, game good right now. Economy is teetering on the precipice.

Are credits even less valuable now?
    A better way to think about Casual v Hardcore: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...asual-Hardcore

Quote Originally Posted by Tyris Flare View Post
    Are credits even less valuable now?
    When I stopped playing shortly after 7.0 launch you could buy a cartel pack for about 80mil. As of tonight on Satele Shan they have been listed at 330mil.

So, yeah, credits continue to devalue. If cartel packs surpass 1bil credits each then the GTN will be functionally dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    Or should I just punt and play something else?
    The class stories are great fun.

After that when it gets into expansions, It becomes less and less so.

Last i played story was like 2016, So dono how good the newer story is.

I recently came back to try and finish the class stories i need for legendary account status.

Awsome signature and avatar made by Kuragalolz

Quote Originally Posted by Nalam the Venom View Post

I recently came back to try and finish the class stories i need for legendary account status.
    Maybe I will check it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Nalam the Venom View Post

I agree, the class stories are a great memory that I have so much nostalgia for and I wish I had the time to go through all of them. Unfortunately the other hassles of the game like inventory management (so much stuff to learn the value of), generic tedious quest leveling, and all the side stuff to figure out like companions, gearing, and professions, can be fun at times and tedious time wasters at other times, these really keep me from wanting to dive into it. EA running it is another reason to stay away; EA is like the prostitute that acts like she loves you until you fall asleep and then proceeds to sell your kidney and max out your credit cards.