Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    RuneScape Classic only ended about a year ago when its population was roughly 50 legitimate players and 200 bots across all servers.

WoW will last a while.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daevelian View Post
    So this is how far the Lore forum has fallen? Eesh.
    I take it back, BfA is not the lowest the games lore could have gone, this thread proves that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    And just like the thread before it, let's back away from sexualizing Azshara and return to the original topic at hand.

nope its like star wars, star trek or pokemon, marvel etc.

No, you don't understand how this works.

They will just keep adding new lore and expansions while there is intetest and makes them a ton of money. Lore is not something with a finite amount. You can always keep adding. You can also make time jumps, retcons or reboots.

The customers leave first, the game dies second. IP can continue though.
    But, in short, it will die when not many people care about it anymore.

Ummm... what the hell?! FFXIV is not a rebooted FFXI. It's a completely different world.
    If i had to compare it to WoW, it would be the equivalent of starting out in a new planet with completely new lore characters with no direct connection to WoW except the names of the spells and classes.
    Last edited by Swnem; 2020-04-07 at 11:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntaer View Post
    And that is why i said at least. It could go for another decade or more.
    Well it's known that Blizzard has potentially at least 3 expansions coming up and running after the Shadowlands is over. So, no, not 2 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Bwonsamdi the Dead View Post
    Think about it. A lot of 'mysteries' and things we haven't seen yet until now have been covered, and eventually, all of Azeroth will have been 'explored' story-wise, so to speak. There might not be anything left to make an entire expansion for, and maybe Blizzard will just release patches for the game?

But then I think of games like Runescape and Everquest which have had like 20 or so (might not be 100% correct) expacs, and as far as I know they're still going strong. I guess the WoW universe could be 'rebooted' the way that FF11 was remade as FF14? Could a WoW 2 be eventually made? Will the expansion after Shadowlands be the last before WoW is finally done?
    WoW will exist as long as the business aspect of it makes sense. If it is ever non-profitable or Blizzard feels they would get better returns on another project such as WoW2 they will end it.