Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ArenaDk View Post
    1. Assa is not fine because sub isn’t played
    I mean, what do you want to do about it? There will always be top specs, but as of now there are no outlier specs, which means that the system is working as intended. A problem would be if there was a single spec alone at the top, but that's not the case here.

2. Naturally I mean destruction warlock and loot district as it at 10% and most played specc. I don’t care what the other speccs do.
    To be fair: Loot district's (and I assume every other PvP statistic site's) pool of data is VERY limited and by no means representative. But assuming it is, then destruction warlocks are still not uncontested in their number 1 position. Which would be a problem.

Iam still not playing a meele. I play healer >.>
    Then maybe you just feel more helpless against warlocks as opposed to other classes. This subjective point of view does not warrant the notion that "warlocks ruin PvP in all forms".

And no warlock isn’t getting destroyed by meele on the same skill level. For example survival hunter / feral Druid / enhancement shamen do nothing against warlock and just lose by being so much weaker.
    Okay, I was talking about real classes in PvP.

Also yeah fire mages were a problem. But mostly because they combo good with rogue.

But the biggest differnece is. Fire mages die really quick. Warlocks don’t
    But a fire mage pumps out damage way more reliably than a warlock. And has movement and immunities. And does not rely on having a certain pet to be able to interrupt.

I'm not denying that destruction is top tier right now. But this is not a problem, because they are not really any better than other classes in that tier.
    Last edited by LordVargK; 2020-04-06 at 01:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Orwell7 View Post
    Your problem is VISIBILITY.
    If a melee is on your face and you can't do anything: "yeah melee are like that no problem"

But if a skilled warlock wrecks you, you make threads like this.
    If you are a melee and play perfectly, you will dominate locks and nothing can be done about it.
    If you are a warlock and play perfectly, you NEED your opponent to make mistakes to win.

Right now we have +100% experience gained, go and level a freakin Warlock then play with it!
    It's always greener on the other side, but believe me: fel is not that green and you need top-notch partners to even have a CHANCE to do something. And even if you have the chance, it's usually a mistake on the other side that let YOU free cast, it's not YOUR skill that you did it.
    Amen!
    /10char

Field Marshal
    3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    Fear and Polymorph need a 10-15sec cd tbh.
    So healer must have a dispell for every fear or sheep...Seems like a good idea

I know it's a whine post but I can relate. I don't think warlocks are OP personally. They're good, but not insanely OP. What they are though, is absolutely the most frustrating class to play against BY FAR. There's no class even close to them in terms of making the game unenjoyable.

Not sure what can really be done about that though...

They probably don't need to have every possible type of CC in the game tbh. Stuns, roots, fears, horror, and CS. Give the root or coil to affliction only and make it stronger for that spec.

I play resto/ balance Druid. So I also dislike meele. But they are not as broken as lock
    useless, thread, melees are not as broken as locks until they got BIS Gear.

BIS Gear means something in 8.3. my dude, it means gates open and someone dies almost immediatly.

You do not watch any streams of pikaboo? do you?how can you miss that one? The burst trinkets off the gcd?

You don't do alts? at low cr DH,DK,WW MONk are running around in fucking BIS gear, BIS not some usless high itemlvl. They got 1-2 burst trinkets, best corruption like multiple gushing wounds, ra-den weapon, or similar OP, weapon and so on.
    At high rated everyone has he best gear in each slot, too, but at this time entering the arena with zero CR requires BIS gear, which is totally RNG and hardly reflects the reward you get doing arena at entrance levels.

Today i met an unholy dk, and he used a weapon that did more dot dmg than his actual class dot, it was from mythic +15 kings rest.

with that kinda gear that makes same or more dmg than the class whilding it, and no reslience in the game and not enough versa stacking, there are more urgent issues than locks chaos bolts.

The positive side on such a huge crit, is it came from an actual class ability! I'd rather suggest to bring back powerful class abilities and dmg/burst and remove non class dmg/burst going out of control.

That way threads like this, will have some meaning, but in the current state they are ridiculous and beyond reality.

If destro lock design is a blue print for all classes and their specs, the game would be finally balanced. Every class would be powerful, diversity provided by unique class gameplay and RNG of gear eliminated.

Think about MoP the expansion that NAILED class design and pvp balance. you got pvp resilence to reduce stupid burst of gear(trinkets), you got powerful abilties all around not just for locks who were powerful there, too. Their counter warrior was equally as powerful, their burst 1 shot and second wind abuse is talked to this day - and btw, as druid have you ever heard about symbiosis? that ability was more powerful than all classes stacked together. heck, i played a rdruid in MoP cheesing that one out in rbgs and arenas and i did not care about melees or locks.

UNPRUNE classes NERF gear.

Thats whats happening in SL Alpha right now.

Lets face it, BFA 8.3. is just a waste for pvp. There simply is none. Its not even funny when the top 3 dmg sources in any dmg meter are non-class abilities due to overgearing in pvp by pve gear, with the probably sole exception of chaos bolt/greater pyro.

This is what happens, if you remove resilence from pvp gear. Brainless idea.
    Last edited by Tyrannica; 2020-04-15 at 02:06 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    There is litteraly no reason why a class needs to be designed to be anti fun to play against while taking away any out play potential which doesnt hurt you self as much.

The damage is consistent with the probably highest burst spike ( 200k CB are fun )

You cant stop double coil

longest interrupt with highest range

infernal doesnt even gives you a chance to fight back, as it alone does tons of dmg + buffs the locks burst, forcing you to hide losing any adventage

fear and cs dont share a school

fear is spamable

passive undispelleable roots

self heal + armor

and more

The only reason i see why they exists, the devs dont care about pvp or are destro lock mains
    1. 200k? lol to have that happen you need to let them free cast for awhile, and no, there is many other classes like fire mage and DH who can spike you MUCH harder.
    2. no, you cant, thats the point, but it has a long cd and only lasts a few second
    3. uhhhhhh what? the range is their pet, kill or cc the pet and they cant interupt
    4. WHAT!? "tons of damage" the infernal does so little damage, and if you cc the lock while its up, then wait till its gone then the warlock is uselss for 3 minutes.
    5. ok?
    6. yeah... so is like... most cc
    7. what? its not passive, and they only last a second or 2, and they have DR so they use it too often and it wont work
    8. self heal... yeah... most classes have self meal...
    9. armor? yeah.. all classes have armor...
    10. lol what?

you literally say destro locks can "easily hit for 200k" nah, they cant, you have to let them get all their cds, and their infernal out, and then get a fair few chaos bolts out, before it hits for 200k.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Orwell7 View Post
    If a melee is on your face and you can't do anything: "yeah melee are like that no problem"

If you are a melee and play perfectly, you will dominate locks and nothing can be done about it.
    If you are a warlock and play perfectly, you NEED your opponent to make mistakes to win.

Right now we have +100% experience gained, go and level a freakin Warlock then play with it!
    It's always greener on the other side, but believe me: fel is not that green and you need top-notch partners to even have a CHANCE to do something. And even if you have the chance, it's usually a mistake on the other side that let YOU free cast, it's not YOUR skill that you did it.
    This 100%, focuses chaos used to do a TON of damage in legion back when it first came out, which put them at average in the ratings. and because of that they curb stomped idiots, which meant if your neemy made a mistake it was over, and in low ranking where warlocks were not getting interupted they were able to do pretty well. while in high tanking where people intterupted all the time, it did average. but it got nerfed because of how good it was against people who make mistakes. so they nerfed it.

pop all your cds and hit them with 2 chaos bolts, they were dead, no matter the class, but if you saw a lock pop their cds and then went to cast, cc them, interupt em, etc, and most of the time the warock would forfiet there and then.
    but if you let them do all their cds, and then fire off 2 chaos bolts, match was over, you were dead, they were great in 2v2 at low rating.
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2020-04-15 at 01:54 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

There is litteraly no reason why a class needs to be designed to be anti fun to play against while taking away any out play potential which doesnt hurt you self as much.

The damage is consistent with the probably highest burst spike ( 200k CB are fun )

You cant stop double coil

longest interrupt with highest range

infernal doesnt even gives you a chance to fight back, as it alone does tons of dmg + buffs the locks burst, forcing you to hide losing any adventage

fear and cs dont share a school

fear is spamable

passive undispelleable roots

self heal + armor

and more

The only reason i see why they exists, the devs dont care about pvp or are destro lock mains
    It is the job of every Warlock that exists to ruin the lives of everyone else as much as they can. It's in the "How to be evil" tome.

Warlocks are the bad guys and they love it. The tears of the afflicted fuel their demonic souls. Every time someone cries about Warlocks they gain more power. Join them or suffer.

Felplague, no offense. But you are 1,75 k xp. I know on lower rating the games look different and meeles seem a lot stronger. However once you hit 2,1+ you will see a insane increase of caster and caster domination.

you can litteraly open the wow forum and have higer rated warlocks then you even tell you how wrong you are. I know you love your casual pvp and all. I still remember how you said chaos bolt dmg isnt as high while rocking 100k more hp then the average player at the time. However there is a reason destro warlocks surpassed healer as most played specc by far. And its not because they are weak.

If you would use the right gear you could cast 3 chaosbolts into one coil. Which like you said, cant be stopped.

I understand you. When dk was broken and I one shoted streamer and blizz con champs at 2,8 mmr in legion. I also lied to my self, saying its all skill. But its time to realize ........Destro is busted

Felplague, no offense. But you are 1,75 k xp. I know on lower rating the games look different and meeles seem a lot stronger. However once you hit 2,1+ you will see a insane increase of caster and caster domination.

you can litteraly open the wow forum and have higer rated warlocks then you even tell you how wrong you are. I know you love your casual pvp and all. I still remember how you said chaos bolt dmg isnt as high while rocking 100k more hp then the average player at the time. However there is a reason destro warlocks surpassed healer as most played specc by far. And its not because they are weak.

If you would use the right gear you could cast 3 chaosbolts into one coil. Which like you said, cant be stopped.

I understand you. When dk was broken and I one shoted streamer and blizz con champs at 2,8 mmr in legion. I also lied to my self, saying its all skill. But its time to realize ........Destro is busted
    Arguing with you is a pointless exercise. You can't understand what people are telling you because you simply don't want to. There is nothing anyone can say or do to prove it to you, you are just here because you are mad. Instead of reflecting on your mistakes, taking the time to study how warlock are played and try to come up with a solution on how to beat them... You come here and complain on mmo-champion forums. What do you think you will accomplish here? Do you think Blizzard will read what you are saying and be like "Oh god, this guy is right......... Let's nerf warlocks again". What this shows is lack of maturity and intellect. "When something doesn't please me, I complain".

Warlock are not busted. They are strong, but not busted.

I'm going to copy-paste the post of the person who makes the most sense in here. Read it carefully, as it is the answer to your problem :

Thanks to Orwell7 for this.

I have been maining warlock for a very long time and I have played Destro in BFA. Like he said, if a melee plays perfectly? There isn't much you can do. Specially if he is a rogue or a warrior. Hell, even DH are very hard to deal with if they know what to do.

Do us all a favor, level a warlock. Gear him. Go play and you will see. Other than that? No body can explain it to you because you simply can't understand. The only way you can get what everyone has been saying is for you to literally play a Warlock in arena. Nothing else can be done until you do that.

Quote Originally Posted by NoXaL99 View Post
    I double dare you to play Outlaw rogue and rethink this statement.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    I double dare you to play Outlaw rogue and rethink this statement.
    Your post make as much sense as a fish without a bike.

Your post make as much sense as a fish without a bike.
    But a fish without a bike makes sense...

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Warlocks are fine and should always be this way. Always been so, it is the core.

Arguing with you is a pointless exercise. You can't understand what people are telling you because you simply don't want to. There is nothing anyone can say or do to prove it to you, you are just here because you are mad. Instead of reflecting on your mistakes, taking the time to study how warlock are played and try to come up with a solution on how to beat them... You come here and complain on mmo-champion forums. What do you think you will accomplish here? Do you think Blizzard will read what you are saying and be like "Oh god, this guy is right......... Let's nerf warlocks again". What this shows is lack of maturity and intellect. "When something doesn't please me, I complain".

I'm going to copy-paste the post of the person who makes the most sense in here. Read it carefully, as it is the answer to your problem :

Thanks to Orwell7 for this.

I have been maining warlock for a very long time and I have played Destro in BFA. Like he said, if a melee plays perfectly? There isn't much you can do. Specially if he is a rogue or a warrior. Hell, even DH are very hard to deal with if they know what to do.

Do us all a favor, level a warlock. Gear him. Go play and you will see. Other than that? No body can explain it to you because you simply can't understand. The only way you can get what everyone has been saying is for you to literally play a Warlock in arena. Nothing else can be done until you do that.
    Yes , please explain to me how destro warlocks are the most played specc such a far difference towards the second most played damage dealer , when they are so balanced.

Same thing again, you are a warlock main who has the illusion that you win games because of your skill. But I will suprise you I didnt deserve the rating I got during Legion as Dk and you dont deserve any rating you got played destro lock.

But you will probably claim warlock being at 11,6+% played is because people just like the playstyle, right? even so past arena seasons weirdly dont show such warlock love

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by shise View Post
    Warlocks are fine and should always be this way. Always been so, it is the core.

11% + play rate

more then any healer

warlocks are fine

the amount of misinformation from the rat tier community is hilarious. Desto warlock is by far the best class along with fmage in the game now. Their only real check is shaman and thats very limited. Warriors dont counter them (stop that) and DH is very easily controlled by comparison. They have more CC than any class and most of it is unstopable (Yes you can stop double coil) but single will generally land. Just go browse the top 200 and you will see mage and locks hogging the ladder. Further more their are sooooooo, and I mean SOOOOOO many horrible lock players now and the past 2 seasons that are 2.2-2.4 that are barely 1700 players. Spamming fear on someone who is full DR, barely hitting 200k Chaos Bolts. lol Most r1 are getting 200k average btw with a few nearing over 300k.

And for the just go make one and see how melee fuck you comment, my lock is capped and pretty low ilvl and alrdy almost 2k in 2s with 0 corruption and playing with randoms. Chaos bolt just does stupid amounts of dmg with a very low cast time, and the root just make melee teams a breeze.

@ArenaDk

Wtf, warlock has almost a 12% played...on a game with 36 specs? Are you serious?

Quote Originally Posted by lolskillzz View Post
    the amount of misinformation from the rat tier community is hilarious. Desto warlock is by far the best class along with fmage in the game now. Their only real check is shaman and thats very limited. Warriors dont counter them (stop that) and DH is very easily controlled by comparison. They have more CC than any class and most of it is unstopable (Yes you can stop double coil) but single will generally land. Just go browse the top 200 and you will see mage and locks hogging the ladder. Further more their are sooooooo, and I mean SOOOOOO many horrible lock players now and the past 2 seasons that are 2.2-2.4 that are barely 1700 players. Spamming fear on someone who is full DR, barely hitting 200k Chaos Bolts. lol Most r1 are getting 200k average btw with a few nearing over 300k.

And for the just go make one and see how melee fuck you comment, my lock is capped and pretty low ilvl and alrdy almost 2k in 2s with 0 corruption and playing with randoms. Chaos bolt just does stupid amounts of dmg with a very low cast time, and the root just make melee teams a breeze.
    There is actually a funny thread up were warlocks compare chaos bolts. Highest I saw was 384k in a arena game.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    @ArenaDk

Wtf, warlock has almost a 12% played...on a game with 36 specs? Are you serious?

Yes and people are claiming that warrior with 1% play rate keep them in check xD

And the only meele which compare with warlocks are classes which actually play with warlocks together or which play with mage haha

( compare means around 6-8% playrate. not like locks almost 12%)

its an actual joke, caster players will do anything to defend their class, specially lock players. bolt dmg is absurd. id rather que into double dh than a single desto or fmage.

Venruki just made a video complaining about fmage mobility in Shadowlands saying how fmage struggles rn with being able to get away and NEEDS double shimmer. actual meme how hard wizards try to uphold the caster dominance that has existed in WoW pvp since almost forever.

GOOD NEWS. Warlock is down to 10,6% as There are now as many fire mages as destro warlocks............WAIT, ALMOSTas if they play together O.o

Quote Originally Posted by docterfreeze View Post
    They did lose blood horror (niche talent vs melee), voidwalker disarm, conflag snare, succ knockback, double felhunter kick. Gained unbreakable conflag root, baseline shadowfury, infernal stun went from 10 min CD to 3 min. So they did lose more CC overall, but most of it was niche whereas the CC they gained is useful in many more situations. Having said that I still want warlocks and every other class to get their niche abilities back. The more ways classes can defend themselves, the more opportunities there are for outplays.

But with warlocks being the only class nearing MoP levels of capabilities it's imbalanced.

Chaos bolts still hit hard as they should but because of the insane amount of haste boosters in the game they can get the cast time to around 1 second & soul shard generation is higher than it has ever been.
    they also lost howl