Subtlety Rogue Movement in PvP

If I wanted to play a dumb generic melee that just runs up to my enemy and starts smashing buttons in their face, I would not have picked Subtlety Rogue.

It is absolutely essential that the positional requirement on Backstab gets restored in Shadowlands, and that Gouge gets unpruned.

I would always have in my mind the possibility of running through someone and spinning around to Gouge them in the face to get them off of my friend.

Moving my character in PvP will never feel correct again until these changes are made to restore the unique positioning/facing requirements for Subtlety Rogue.
    Subtlety Rogue was an amazing, incredible, unique, and fun spec prior to Legion and BfA

You can make Sub more engaging and skillful without bringing back the old backstab. It’s archaic design and honestly not all that interesting.

I swear, while sometimes I get where you are coming from, other times it just seems like you want these things which are essentially handicaps just to so you can say you play a “harder” spec. Just chop one of your hands off and that will make WoW hard too.

Gouge yes, backstab lulznope.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

Quote Originally Posted by Varolyn View Post
    You can make Sub more engaging and skillful without bringing back the old backstab. It’s archaic design and honestly not all that interesting.

I swear, while sometimes I get where you are coming from, other times it just seems like you want these things which are essentially handicaps just to so you can say you play a “harder” spec. Just chop one of your hands off and that will make WoW hard too.
    I haven't argued that backstab positional requirement needs to return because it is more skillful, I said it needs to return to restore the unique feeling of movement in Subtlety Rogue PvP, as it affects the way two characters move around another while engaged in combat.

I don't care about handicapping* or anything like that. I want to feel like I am playing a Subtlety Rogue, not some generic WoW spec.

* If I have argued in the past against dumbing down, it's not because so much complexity is a priori good, but rather that dumbing down the most unique spec in a game that has 36 different specs many of which are very accessible, is not worth the loss of uniqueness and coolness to that spec.
    Last edited by shoegazing; 2020-04-06 at 10:14 PM.
    Subtlety Rogue was an amazing, incredible, unique, and fun spec prior to Legion and BfA

I’d like backstab to require being behind the target again, it feels really odd to use it in front of a player or enemy. But it did make some boss encounters a little weird, I remember having a very small spot to stand on gorefiend in HFC. Granted it made the spec feel very very different from all the other melee

I agree and it needs high crit % chance too and do good dmg like it used to.
    LOL

♫Toss a coin to your witcher♫

I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Lathais View Post
    I think we may be waiting a long time for that to happen. Maybe even forever.