Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Where do you shop for clothes?

I’d be a hipster and say I shop secondhand, but the hipster thrift stores are more expensive than retail and not at all like real thrift stores. The result is, I shop at Kohl’s. My favorite brand there is Vans, but I usually go for whatever looks good more than what brand it is.

seconhand team.
    also look rather on whether the thing fits me than on the brand.
    this isolation thing opened a door to the online shopping to me - turned out to be simpler - spend much less time choosing.
    also, surprisingly, aliexpress.

Been buying everything 2nd hand for years apart from underwear. My friend has a really good 2nd hand shop that sells only high end designer brands and vintage band shirts and I get stuff with really good discount. Got Rick Owens geobaskets for 100€ for example. Of course I buy stuff from other places too.

Buying new clothing is really stupid and bad for enviroment and I don't really give a shit if that makes me sound like a "hipster" (who the fuck even uses that word in 2020 anymore?) and high quality clothing ages beatifully and is durable. For example old Levis jeans are so much higher quality than today and you can't really wear em out.

10+ Year Old Account
    No income so flea markets. And I also make some clothes by myself or custom existing ones. I am actually making costume for next game/anime con. It's a steampunk plague doctor set and it's made mostly from pig skin and natural tan leather (2mm). Wanted to mention that since in current world situation I prolly could go outside to do everyday things in that costume <_<

Anyway answer is Flea markets/second hand and sometime H&M since they sell quite cheap stuff. Our big markets also sell some tops, bras, leggins etc around 5-10 €

- - - Updated - - -

How reliable aliexpress is? I've bought something from there like 10 years ago, it arrived but it was a cheap item. Never had courage to buy anything more expensive from there after hearing so much bad things from ebay/wish customers etc.

I really wanna buy tons of stuff related to leatherworking from amazon but it costs more to get those in Finland than actual products.

Also I bought real kimono and all accessories from Japan. Kimono cost around 200€ and delivery + taxes etc cost 220€....
    Last edited by Ihazpaws; 2020-05-23 at 07:46 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    I don't wear clothes....ever.

Cheap but good quality finds - Zaful, Shein and Uniqlo online.

Beretta and Aspetto for shooting sports clothing and shooting prevention clothing respectively.
    Converse, Vans, Salomon and some obscure German brand whose name I don't remember for "regular" sportswear.
    Redbubble and similar websites for otherwise impossible to find t-shirts.
    Tommy Hilfiger for jeans and polos (pretty much the only brand that has stuff that fits my tiny size).
    A personal tailor for the very formal occasions where there's no risk of getting shot.
    My mom for unwanted and mostly useless sweaters I only wear when I see her to please her. I hate sweaters.

Quote Originally Posted by Ihazpaws View Post
    How reliable aliexpress is?
    If you don't mind waiting weeks to months, you might get lucky and get a usable and even decent item. I bought some gun cleaning rods that costed literally 1/20th of anything available online or in local gun shops, and a flag that was on-par with one I got off of Amazon (for about 1/5th of the prize). Came with the pole, too. which was actually durable, been using it for 2 years now and neither the pole nor the flag broke. Had to wait 3 months for them though, not very "express" - also I have no idea about clothing, but I wouldn't trust them. One thing is a flag, another thing is something that gets in direct contact with your skin, if you get my drift.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adolecent View Post
    I'm getting infracted by an American moderator on an American topic promoting/advocating weapons on a childrens forum, what else to expect on an American forum. I'm done here and i'm going to leave you one thing to remember:
    [extremely graphic picture of dead children]
    Hope you sleep well. With the lack of empathy the majority of you show i guess that won't be a problem. BB

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coolthulhu View Post
    If you don't mind waiting weeks to months, you might get lucky and get a usable and even decent item. I bought some gun cleaning rods that costed literally 1/20th of anything available online or in local gun shops, and a flag that was on-par with one I got off of Amazon (for about 1/5th of the prize). Came with the pole, too. which was actually durable, been using it for 2 years now and neither the pole nor the flag broke. Had to wait 3 months for them though, not very "express" - also I have no idea about clothing, but I wouldn't trust them. One thing is a flag, another thing is something that gets in direct contact with your skin, if you get my drift.
    Hmm I see... I am trying to find few different leathercrafting tools but I think I'll pass trying to find em from aliexpress. Gotta try amazon even tho taxes and delivery costs 2x more than actual product :/

10+ Year Old Account
    Before covid19 grabbed the world by the bawls I shopped at Foreman Mills, Macy's, Jimmy Jazz, Finishline and footlocker. I like converse and addidas brands....I'll never buy Jordans....ever.

15+ Year Old Account
    Walmart, and I'm happy about it. That was my first weight loss goal was to be able to shop at walmart rather than the big & tall places. I like being able to spend $30 and get 4-5 shirts compared to spending $30 and only affording 1. The only complaint I have about walmart is that I wish they carried tall sizes. I'm still a little self-conscious about my stomach showing and my torso is long enough that a standard length shirt feels short.

3+ Year Old Account
    Online, but I have to be careful if it's women's sizing. That sh*t doesn't make any sense. I usually go for the 'Unisex' options as the material isn't paper thin, and there's no very close hip cut. That, and regular clothes stores like Walmart just don't interest me. I like stores with edgier clothes like Hot-Topic, which often have 'edgier' or 'Gothic' type
    clothes. Sadly I only have two Bwonsamdi shirts lol
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

Custom-tailored for anything formal or suit-related.

I have to usually find big and tall stores for my sizes. They have massive markups at those stores. And shoes are a bitch to buy too. I wear US mens size 13 (EU 46), so harder to find and more expensive than the same shoe in a manlet size.

walmart or goodwill

Just across the border in Germany.... for some reason I always find somewhere I like there ^^

im lazy so for everyday clothes i stick to cheap chain-shops like Zara etc . accesories,etc i get from work as i work in fashion industry . i do have some Prada/Gucci for good occasions but overall dont see a point spending to much money on clothes - rather invest them then keep ton of clothers in closet.

I shop mostly from Bonprix and Cellbes. Shoes from Footway.

Never was one for special brands, and it's already annoying enough how my dad can go out and buy the same exact kind of Jeans that he's been wearing for 30 years, whilst my preferred types of clothes change their cuts, fabrics and lengths/sizes every season, and there are MANY seasons in fashion these days...

For casual clothes, mostly J. Crew. Fits my body size pretty well, quality is good and lasts a while, so it's worth the slightly higher costs, though they always have a sale going on, so I'm definitely not paying MSRP. For suits and dress shirts, I go for custom.

10+ Year Old Account
    It depends really, if I just want to quickly find a plain t-shirt and jeans that are cheap, Primark, for something nicer/smarter I'll typically try Next
    Shath'mag vwyq shu et'agthu, Shath'mag sshk ye! Krz'ek fhn'z agash zz maqdahl or'kaaxth'ma amqa!
    The Black Empire once ruled this pitiful world, and it will do so again! Your pitiful kind will know only despair and sorrow for a hundred thousand millennia to come!

15+ Year Old Account
    Tees I usually buy from https://www.qwertee.com/

Other clothing, like pants, hoodies, jackets etc. usually from https://www.rebelsmarket.com/ or http://en.byther.kr/index.html

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    Never was one for special brands, and it's already annoying enough how my dad can go out and buy the same exact kind of Jeans that he's been wearing for 30 years, whilst my preferred types of clothes change their cuts, fabrics and lengths/sizes every season, and there are MANY seasons in fashion these days...
    lol this annoys me too. Just helped my uncle get a bunch of new jeans on amazon and its the same size,cut,manufacturer etc he's worn for 25 years. Meanwhile I find something I like and its gone by summer. Like those pants from Express? too bad we discontinued them! That skirt from Limited? too bad!

OT: Amazon. In the US it's just too easy. Free 2 day delivery, free returns, the amazon closet thing they have where we can try before we buy for 7 days etc and the huge selection since it's a marketplace make it fairly trouble free shopping for me. I just try and buy multiples if I end up liking something. Plus I'd rather shop from the comfort of home.