Page 34 of 37 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    Inflation is pretty standard and fine, as long as it doesn't happen within a short timeframe.

It matters less because everyone accumulates more gold over a longer period of time.

Stop thinking simply because Inflation occurs it will always have the same consequences, it is fine if it occurs over a long period.
    It has bad consequences if it occurs within a short timeframe, which will happen because people will generate millions of gold out of nothing on a fresh server, which will then dumped into the economy, because everybody and their mother wants the craftable items.

Which then results in people that have no gold or primarily relied on fixed income (such as gold rewards from quests or selling greys) will struggle to afford anything because gold has barely any value to begin with.

It's like putting cold hands under water, totally fine if the water starts off cold and you then slowly turn up the heat, kinda bad if you put cold hands straight under hot water.

Then what do you think will happen once the people with Millions of gold start spending all their money, while the fresh 70 with 800g shows up on the AH?
    I wasn't talking about inflation. I was talking about gold strats. I'm pretty much 100% sure someone will find a ridiculous strat that will make people farm gold like mad, so it doesn't really matter whether you wipe people's progress or not, because you'll get to point B anyway. All while pissing off other players, mostly casuals or people with families, who don't give a rat's patootie about existing rich people, and just want to continue with their Classic chars in TBC.

I don't care about what the rich do with their money. They'd probably blow a lot of it on epic flying mounts, probably some blues or world epics, none of which is of any concern to me.

You don't seriously think people wouldn't be able to afford stuff like Netherweave Cloth, Arcane Dust, etc., do you. Continuing on your existing chars happens every expansion, and somehow nothing has exploded all this time. Strange, eh.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mosha View Post
    Not surprised I said that to you in the past, your opinions must have bought a permanent void in my memory where I don't even recognize your name anymore.
    Of course you do recognise my name. Come on, the notifications about you quoting my posts pop up within like 10 mins of me posting. Looks like this is literally the highlight of your day.

Quote Originally Posted by Sardoc View Post
    I'm pretty much 100% sure someone will find a ridiculous strat that will make people farm gold like mad, so it doesn't really matter whether you wipe people's progress or not, because you'll get to point B anyway.
    Doubt it, Blizzard already did fix a lot of goldfarming strats in TBC and the overall design makes it far more difficult.

You don't have some dungeon like DM:E in TBC, where you can gather 6+ herb nodes and 2-3 Rich Thorium veins within 15 minutes by yourself.
    Not to mention that the valueable reagents for equipable items (=Not Herbs / Ore) cannot be farmed properly in dungeons, unlike Arcane crystals.

The overall dungeon layout makes it very difficult to skip trash for non stealth classes (such as Mage).

Leaving aside that you'd still be removing most of the gold coming from Classic.
    So even if they can generate lots of gold, it's still a world of difference compared when people will be able to take Millions of gold with them.
    I don't care about what the rich do with their money. They'd probably blow a lot of it on epic flying mounts, probably some blues or world epics, none of which is of any concern to me.
    Sentences like these show your lack of understanding on the subject.

5k Gold are nothing in Classic right now, Mages farm that kind of gold within 10 hours with ZG boosting.
    Thinking that epic flying will drain the pockets of the actual rich people is laughable.

Any person who has done a modicum of research on TBC knows that you should be spending your gold on craftable items (because some are superior to T4 and at very least equal to T5), mats for those are limited based on the server because those mats are primarily farmed in the open world.

And that shit will be absolutely unaffordable for those people without gold, while still causing a massive inflation because you have now hundreds of people that suddenly dump a ridiculous amount of gold into the economy, thus dragging any price along with it.
    Continuing on your existing chars happens every expansion, and somehow nothing has exploded all this time. Strange, eh.
    I'm pretty much repeating myself here for the X time, because none of the arguments you presented are somehow new.

First off, a re release is always different than a new release, people know what's good and what's bad, what will be needed in the future and what won't.
    Classic is the prime example, people have been hoarding certain mats since release because they know it will be valueable in future, that knowledge did not exist back in 2005, because people had yet to find out what's actually good.
    (Mind you, some people posting in this thread said that they already have the mats at the ready to get JC from 1 to 300 right off the bat)

Same goes for TBC, people didn't know at release that certain items that you can get from Day one will last you into the penultimate Raid of the Expansion, now people know that.

Information is being handled differently in 2020 than in 2007, that is a fact.

Second, ever since Wotlk, the economy has lost relevance, i've said in another post:
    This issue is exclusive to TBC because of how powerful these craftable items are, Wotlk craftable items aren't as powerful, nor of any following expansion.
    These Items place a heavy pressure onto the economy, therefore it should be in a state where not just people who have made a fortune in Classic will be able to access it.

I couldn't care less whether they make a gold reset from TBC to Wotlk, because the economy isn't much a factor for progressing your character anymore, but in TBC, it absolutely is.

In those expansions, people simply have less reasons to dump that much gold into the economy.
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2020-05-29 at 04:39 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Two weeks was an abstract period; I don't know why you took it so literally. But even if it was literal two weeks. How do you know players won't find a ridiculous goldmine, or even just carry on aoe farming the old world? Yea, exactly. You don't. You're being very bitter for no reason.

I'm not gonna cry myself to sleep about someone having 50k or 100k gold, nor do I care enough to try to prevent or police it. It's their free time, it's nobody's business what they do with it.

About the economy. I bet the prices of Fel Lotus, Nightmare Vine, Eternium, Khorium, possibly motes and primals will be much higher than "back in the days". I can't for the life of me figure out why you think wiping people's progress will change that. It might take a bit longer to get to that point, but you're not preventing it. Welcome to any competitive multiplayer environment, ever.

You don't have to respond if you don't want to, that's fine. But don't forget you're not fixing any of the things you mentioned by wiping people's progress. You just end up pissing off existing players in the process. Why not skip being a micromanaging yenta and just let people carry on on their existing Classic chars. It's less drama that way.
    Exactly. People seem to think that wiping all progress will magically fix all the things people have been taking advantage of in Classic, which obviously isn't the case. If anything, it will alienate people further, as players that are good at that type of stuff will get another headstart compared to the average player. Most people are catching up with gold and currency issues nowadays on Classic 8-9 months on, can you imagine what would happen if they wiped everything they've took months to gather?

I think wiping everything is detrimental in too many ways to be considered an option, as average players will not want to start again from scratch, and players that have built up their account and have a lot of inventory/gold will think the same. The only players that are benefiting are completely new players, and really it's not much of a deal for them to start playing Classic ~2 months or so before TBC releases just to get a few hundred gold and a level 60 ready to play their preferred TBC content when it releases.

Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    Exactly. People seem to think that wiping all progress will magically fix all the things people have been taking advantage of in Classic, which obviously isn't the case. If anything, it will alienate people further, as players that are good at that type of stuff will get another headstart compared to the average player. Most people are catching up with gold and currency issues nowadays on Classic 8-9 months on, can you imagine what would happen if they wiped everything they've took months to gather?

I think wiping everything is detrimental in too many ways to be considered an option, as average players will not want to start again from scratch, and players that have built up their account and have a lot of inventory/gold will think the same. The only players that are benefiting are completely new players, and really it's not much of a deal for them to start playing Classic ~2 months or so before TBC releases just to get a few hundred gold and a level 60 ready to play their preferred TBC content when it releases.
    Just going to throw this out here now, there are people who play classic RIGHT NOW who have not stopped playing and they still have problems affording things like flasks because of how high the inflation is right now. The average player and the new player and the hardcore player all benefit from this. If the inflation is fucked from the start, then this problem is really going to be apparent when the average person can't afford anything on the AH because people know these things will be going for thousands of gold. If you do a wipe, it will make things WAY WAY WAY more affordable for everyone, and it will allow the average person to just go and do their dailies in order to go buy some stuff on the AH. If dailies only give you 10g each and the items you need and pushed into the thousands, then dailies instantly become obsolete.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just going to throw this out here now, there are people who play classic RIGHT NOW who have not stopped playing and they still have problems affording things like flasks because of how high the inflation is right now. The average player and the new player and the hardcore player all benefit from this. If the inflation is fucked from the start, then this problem is really going to be apparent when the average person can't afford anything on the AH because people know these things will be going for thousands of gold. If you do a wipe, it will make things WAY WAY WAY more affordable for everyone, and it will allow the average person to just go and do their dailies in order to go buy some stuff on the AH. If dailies only give you 10g each and the items you need and pushed into the thousands, then dailies instantly become obsolete.
    Inflation is not the only factor, people have hoarded since the start of Classic and will do the same for TBC, as they know what is going to go up as the content has already been played through. This is going to occur regardless of what happens and a reset is not going to fix it.

Sure, some people are struggling to make gold, but a lot of it is due to having a healer or non farm efficient class as a main and also playing on a competitive PvP server where all the main gold making techniques are near impossible (devilsaurs etc), severely limiting their actual ability to acquire said gold.

People are going to have their opinions either way, and there's always going to be people complaining about every option they take, but I honestly see a fresh start or wipe resulting in a bigger loss in players and subs than a continuation of the game. Player retention is obviously Blizzard's biggest priority after gaining such a large number of returning players and subs with Classic, and I personally think there's only one way to do it.

Inflation is not the only factor, people have hoarded since the start of Classic and will do the same for TBC, as they know what is going to go up as the content has already been played through. This is going to occur regardless of what happens and a reset is not going to fix it.
    No.. no it will not. Hording is a non issue in tbc. There is nothing you can really horde in tbc to make it worth your time. But even ignoring the horded items in classic, the inflation is still real and it is still a problem.

Sure, some people are struggling to make gold, but a lot of it is due to having a healer or non farm efficient class as a main and also playing on a competitive PvP server where all the main gold making techniques are near impossible (devilsaurs etc), severely limiting their actual ability to acquire said gold.
    So again, exactly how would a non wipe be beneficial to them? If they can't afford anything now, and if prices continue to be in the state of inflation they are now when tbc releases, then they are going to be SUPER fucked when it comes to level 70, when the feature built into tbc to help healers and these people farm gold becomes obsolete from day one because of how high the prices are. Wiping gold is beneficial for the majority of people, period.

People are going to have their opinions either way, and there's always going to be people complaining about every option they take, but I honestly see a fresh start or wipe resulting in a bigger loss in players and subs than a continuation of the game. Player retention is obviously Blizzard's biggest priority after gaining such a large number of returning players and subs with Classic, and I personally think there's only one way to do it.
    I'm telling you right now, if you think that the maximum amount of players will be retained in an expansion where you can't afford a damn thing and dailies are worthless for casuals, then you are out of your god damn mind.

If the goal is retention, then wiping is the best solution. People may be pissed, but I can assure you it's the minority, and those people who are that crazy about farming gold are going to be playing no matter what. Even if they will be crying a lot threatening to leave, they won't.

I think Blizzard understands that the motive for most people to play TBC would be the same as it was for Vanilla - to revisit the old content. I think sub numbers will be far greater if they don't force people to level to 60 first in Vanilla to start in equal grounds.

Which means that people should have the option to copy their vanilla character (without being able to bring any items/money) OR to boost one character instantly to 60. There is absolutely no reason to give head start for people who have played Vanilla, when the idea is to let people revisit old content.

And I can almost guarantee that people will NOT be able to bring their gold or comparable from Vanilla. Blizzard wants to draw in the majority - people still playing Vanilla actively when TBC is released will be a small minority compared to how many people wants to play TBC on launch. They won't piss on that majority, you can quote me on this one when they finally release something.
    Last edited by facefist; 2020-05-29 at 11:04 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    No.. no it will not. Hording is a non issue in tbc. There is nothing you can really horde in tbc to make it worth your time. But even ignoring the horded items in classic, the inflation is still real and it is still a problem.
    Nothing you can hoard? I sincerely doubt that. There is stuff you can keep in every aspect of the game that will fluctuate in value, and when people know what is coming next in terms of content, consumables, craftable gear, they will do it.

So again, exactly how would a non wipe be beneficial to them? If they can't afford anything now, and if prices continue to be in the state of inflation they are now when tbc releases, then they are going to be SUPER fucked when it comes to level 70, when the feature built into tbc to help healers and these people farm gold becomes obsolete from day one because of how high the prices are. Wiping gold is beneficial for the majority of people, period.
    My point is that the reason they have no gold is because of a fault of their own, you can't expect to do nothing on a MMO and have gold rain down on you. Wiping gold is only beneficial to people with no gold, period. You keep saying it's beneficial for nearly everyone, yet you're penalising so many players... The point still stands, wiping progress is not going to magically fix inflation and prices of things. If you want to play on a high cost server, then you better be ready to farm some gold for it. There will always be people that complain about this, and they will be left behind in the exact same way as now.

I'm telling you right now, if you think that the maximum amount of players will be retained in an expansion where you can't afford a damn thing and dailies are worthless for casuals, then you are out of your god damn mind.

If the goal is retention, then wiping is the best solution. People may be pissed, but I can assure you it's the minority, and those people who are that crazy about farming gold are going to be playing no matter what. Even if they will be crying a lot threatening to leave, they won't.
    And I'm telling you, if you think that wiping everyone's progress and forcing them to start over is going to retain players, then you are out of your god damn mind.

You can't assure anything, you're forcing your opinion like it is fact, I'm guessing it's because you have no gold yourself. You are not talking about retail players that will take any amount of crap from Blizzard and keep playing, you're mainly dealing with returning players that will leave in a heartbeat if they don't like certain changes, and wiping progress is one way to do that, imo.

Nothing you can hoard? I sincerely doubt that. There is stuff you can keep in every aspect of the game that will fluctuate in value, and when people know what is coming next in terms of content, consumables, craftable gear, they will do it.
    I’m sorry but this just displays your ignorance in how these expansions work. Do you even know what items get horded and why? This is an honest question. Tbc has NONE of these problems. If you truly don’t know what gets horded and why I can surely help you out.

My point is that the reason they have no gold is because of a fault of their own, you can't expect to do nothing on a MMO and have gold rain down on you. Wiping gold is only beneficial to people with no gold, period. You keep saying it's beneficial for nearly everyone, yet you're penalising so many players... The point still stands, wiping progress is not going to magically fix inflation and prices of things. If you want to play on a high cost server, then you better be ready to farm some gold for it. There will always be people that complain about this, and they will be left behind in the exact same way as now.
    I’m not arguing that people who do nothing in classic should get ‘gold rained down on them’. That’s a classic problem that needs to stay in classic vanilla. That’s what I’m saying.

Also you can’t be serious with “you don’t just magically fix the problem if...” yeah, yeah you do LOL. If the issue is people coming over from vanilla have too much gold and will cause crazy high prices from the start, wiping the gold DOES completely solve the issue of the economy being fucked from the start. How can you not understand this? Seriously, it’s such a simple concept I’m convinced all of you are playing stupid just to defend your thought of “DONT DELETE MY STUFF”.

Which is fine if that’s your opinion, but don’t try to bullshit your way into acting like it’s not a harmful thing to the game.

Another poster up here went into great detail explaining the difference between having a server slowly get inflated and having it inflated from the start and why it’s harmful. If you have any confusion about this I would suggest asking questions instead of making statements on an expansion you clearly don’t know too much about.

And I'm telling you, if you think that wiping everyone's progress and forcing them to start over is going to retain players, then you are out of your god damn mind.

You can't assure anything, you're forcing your opinion like it is fact, I'm guessing it's because you have no gold yourself. You are not talking about retail players that will take any amount of crap from Blizzard and keep playing, you're mainly dealing with returning players that will leave in a heartbeat if they don't like certain changes, and wiping progress is one way to do that, imo.
    I’m not making anything that isn’t fact seem like a fact. But when I say it best for the majority of players that’s just a cold hard fact. Casuals have been and will always be the majority of the player base. Full stop. Also just in case you really need to know, I already have both characters I want for tbc at 60 with epic riding and about 10k gold between both of them. This ‘opinion’ of mine isn’t benefiting me at ALL. I just have the foresight of knowing what inflation does to this game. The more gold the server has, the more things on the ah cost, this is simple.

On top of that throw in an expansion like tbc where dailies are suppose to be a MASSIVE part of the expansion when it comes to making money, if you have inflated prices, things with static gold like dailies become obsolete. This forces anyone who wants to buy anything to farm mats if they want gold. And here’s the thing, not everyone can farm mats, they are locked by time limits. And if someone doesn’t have something like epic flying from the very start, their chances of farming ANYTHING is next to null.

Honestly, your guys’ side of the argument is getting to be super boring. Literally the ONLY thing you have to stand on is the “but it will piss people off” argument. Which is hilarious. Anything blizzard has ever and will ever do will always and forever “piss people off”. This is a worthless argument when we are discussing what’s the best idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Cempa View Post
    Lets ask a question: What about players who have NOT played classic Vanilla and would like to play TBC? How would/should they do so? At level 1? Or a template level 58?

If they are forced to start a level 1 toon on TBC servers,how likely are they to actually sub/stay subed?

When we think of it in this way it becomes clearer of the advantages of simply having everyone start with a fresh 58 template.

I realize some are going to suggest any toon +58 can be allowed to be copied, but that would make it progression and be just like live servers. I don't think Blizzard is about to run a shadow version of retail that progresses like retail!
    I am firmly in the transfer camp,let people transfer their classic chars,it is literaly part of the classic experience,the sense of progression from vanila to tbc,fresh 1 or fresh 58 both ruin that

I do have a 60,but even if i didnt,still would be of the same opinion,if i started playing wow back when original tbc launched,i wouldnt be mad or demanding everyone to start fresh with me lol

Quote Originally Posted by Cempa View Post
    Lets ask a question: What about players who have NOT played classic Vanilla and would like to play TBC? How would/should they do so? At level 1? Or a template level 58?

If they are forced to start a level 1 toon on TBC servers,how likely are they to actually sub/stay subed?

When we think of it in this way it becomes clearer of the advantages of simply having everyone start with a fresh 58 template.

I realize some are going to suggest any toon +58 can be allowed to be copied, but that would make it progression and be just like live servers. I don't think Blizzard is about to run a shadow version of retail that progresses like retail!
    No chance at all that I' d level another toon from 1 to max lol. Sub would be cancelled.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    I am firmly in the transfer camp,let people transfer their classic chars,it is literaly part of the classic experience,the sense of progression from vanila to tbc,fresh 1 or fresh 58 both ruin that

I do have a 60,but even if i didnt,still would be of the same opinion,if i started playing wow back when original tbc launched,i wouldnt be mad or demanding everyone to start fresh with me lol
    I agree with you on the transferring our existing characters.

New players should start off as level 1, as has been WoW's tradition for going on 16 years now. Don't forget that when TBC launched, leveling from 1-58 was changed to be a lot faster.

Character copy is the best way to handle the transition from Classic to TBC. It would be a slap in the face to the majority of Classic players with interest in TBC if they lost their characters, and I guarantee most people would have no interest in starting over if it meant losing their hard earned gold, materials, gear, fast mount, etc. And starting off level 58 players with any of those things would not only make no sense, but it would once again be another slap in the face to Classic players who put in the time for those things. TBC will likely be handled very similarly to its original launch, or as close to it as possible. Draenei and Blood Elves will not be starting the game as level 58 and ready to go. They will start from scratch just as they did before. Campaigning for anything different is almost equivalent to asking for barber shops and race changes in Classic. We can all go back and forth about what solution is best, nitpicking each others arguments, and spouting out our opinions of what would be in the "spirit of WoW"... but ultimately it will come down to numbers; subscriptions. Blizzard will not risk losing Classic players interested in TBC because that will be their largest audience. TBC will likely launch with character copies from Classic and subscriptions will rise.
    Last edited by Bootynuzzler; 2020-05-30 at 12:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bootynuzzler View Post
    New players should start off as level 1, as has been WoW's tradition for going on 16 years now. Don't forget that when TBC launched, leveling from 1-58 was changed to be a lot faster.

Character copy is the best way to handle the transition from Classic to TBC. It would be a slap in the face to the majority of Classic players with interest in TBC if they lost their characters, and I guarantee most people would have no interest in starting over if it meant losing their hard earned gold, materials, gear, fast mount, etc. And starting off level 58 players with any of those things would not only make no sense, but it would once again be another slap in the face to Classic players who put in the time for those things. TBC will likely be handled very similarly to its original launch, or as close to it as possible. Draenei and Blood Elves will not be starting the game as level 58 and ready to go. They will start from scratch just as they did before. Campaigning for anything different is almost equivalent to asking for barber shops and race changes in Classic. We can all go back and forth about what solution is best, nitpicking each others arguments, and spouting out our opinions of what would be in the "spirit of WoW"... but ultimately it will come down to numbers; subscriptions. Blizzard will not risk losing Classic players interested in TBC because that will be their largest audience. TBC will likely launch with character copies from Classic and subscriptions will rise.
    Just a little FYI new players have started their first char at the previous expansions end level for almost 6 years now

Herald of the Titans Ron Burgundy's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    So blood elf and Draenei starting zones are completely discarded and ignored in BC?

Give me a break. This is a stupid idea.
    Milk was a bad choice.

2013 MMO-Champion User of the Year (2nd runner up)

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post

I wonder how many would play TBC if they had to level from 1?

10+ Year Old Account
    I’m sorry but this just displays your ignorance in how these expansions work. Do you even know what items get horded and why? This is an honest question. Tbc has NONE of these problems. If you truly don’t know what gets horded and why I can surely help you out.
    There is no ignorance shown at all, just no understanding from you. Stuff will be hoarded, guaranteed. You can pretend TBC will be perfect and nothing bad will happen, but it will be in the same position as Classic, so will Wrath, and so on. People know what's going to happen as it's played before, you can't change that...

I’m not arguing that people who do nothing in classic should get ‘gold rained down on them’. That’s a classic problem that needs to stay in classic vanilla. That’s what I’m saying.

Also you can’t be serious with “you don’t just magically fix the problem if...” yeah, yeah you do LOL. If the issue is people coming over from vanilla have too much gold and will cause crazy high prices from the start, wiping the gold DOES completely solve the issue of the economy being fucked from the start. How can you not understand this? Seriously, it’s such a simple concept I’m convinced all of you are playing stupid just to defend your thought of “DONT DELETE MY STUFF”.

Which is fine if that’s your opinion, but don’t try to bullshit your way into acting like it’s not a harmful thing to the game.
    Yes, yet you seem to think that people that have no gold in Classic will magically have thousands in TBC?? It will always be the same, that is my point. People have whined and complained about not having gold since WoW was released, it's nothing new. Some people cannot afford stuff and will never be able to, regardless of expansion. This is not some sudden issue that has appeared solely in Classic.

No, no it doens't LOL. There will ALWAYS be problems, especially on the big servers. Classic was basically a wipe (as it was a fresh start) and look at the problems it has now. I understand you're saying "it will be worse at the start", yet one of your points is that the majority of the playerbase is casual and has no gold, so how can this minority of people with gold ruin everything? The only one playing stupid is you mate, hypocritically and seemingly thinking TBC will be some flawless masterpiece with a wipe, when in reality, the problems of gold will always surface, as it has in every single expansion for certain players, as mentioned previously..

I’m not making anything that isn’t fact seem like a fact. But when I say it best for the majority of players that’s just a cold hard fact. Casuals have been and will always be the majority of the player base. Full stop. Also just in case you really need to know, I already have both characters I want for tbc at 60 with epic riding and about 10k gold between both of them. This ‘opinion’ of mine isn’t benefiting me at ALL. I just have the foresight of knowing what inflation does to this game. The more gold the server has, the more things on the ah cost, this is simple.

On top of that throw in an expansion like tbc where dailies are suppose to be a MASSIVE part of the expansion when it comes to making money, if you have inflated prices, things with static gold like dailies become obsolete. This forces anyone who wants to buy anything to farm mats if they want gold. And here’s the thing, not everyone can farm mats, they are locked by time limits. And if someone doesn’t have something like epic flying from the very start, their chances of farming ANYTHING is next to null.

Honestly, your guys’ side of the argument is getting to be super boring. Literally the ONLY thing you have to stand on is the “but it will piss people off” argument. Which is hilarious. Anything blizzard has ever and will ever do will always and forever “piss people off”. This is a worthless argument when we are discussing what’s the best idea.
    Yet you shoot yourself in the foot again.. If casuals are the majority of the playerbase, then how is the minority with gold going to ruin the game? Dailies obsolete? Ok.

It's hilarious to read your justification of this miracle fix, which will infact not solve the route of the problem. You seem to be stuck in a bigot bubble with fingers in your ears going "WIPE WIPE WIPE WIPE".

Whatever bro, have your opinion. Nothing is going to fix an inflation issue as it has happened in every expac since WoW has been released, as much as you want to believe it will. Whether a wipe delays it by a month or maybe a few, the issue will still be there.

My TBC experience was leveling from 60 to 70, I already revisited vanilla and so dont want to level through it again.

Also, I understand some people only want to revisit TBC and I'm ok with letting those people to completely skip Vanilla. Its an old game and imo would be selfish to force people to play old content for a month+ to reach the actual TBC part.

So I'm fine with character copy or instant 60 for one char, but definitely would be a no go for me if I had to lvl from 1.
    Last edited by facefist; 2020-05-30 at 10:17 AM.

It should be fresh, not even transferable from Vanilla, just let it be a new thing.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by facefist View Post
    My TBC experience was leveling from 60 to 70, I already revisited vanilla and so dont want to level through it again.

Also, I understand some people only want to revisit TBC and I'm ok with letting those people to completely skip Vanilla. Its an old game and imo would be selfish to force people to play old content for a month+ to reach the actual TBC part.

So I'm fine with character copy or instant 60 for one char, but definitely would be a no go for me if I had to lvl from 1.
    I totally agree with this, but let me add the following: draeneis and blood elves should start at lvl 1 at their starting zones, because those areas were TBC and let them boost all the way to 58 once they reach lvl 20 in the starting areas, as one recent TBC private server did with great results.

T
    There is no ignorance shown at all, just no understanding from you. Stuff will be hoarded, guaranteed. You can pretend TBC will be perfect and nothing bad will happen, but it will be in the same position as Classic, so will Wrath, and so on. People know what's going to happen as it's played before, you can't change that...

Yes, yet you seem to think that people that have no gold in Classic will magically have thousands in TBC?? It will always be the same, that is my point. People have whined and complained about not having gold since WoW was released, it's nothing new. Some people cannot afford stuff and will never be able to, regardless of expansion. This is not some sudden issue that has appeared solely in Classic.

No, no it doens't LOL. There will ALWAYS be problems, especially on the big servers. Classic was basically a wipe (as it was a fresh start) and look at the problems it has now. I understand you're saying "it will be worse at the start", yet one of your points is that the majority of the playerbase is casual and has no gold, so how can this minority of people with gold ruin everything? The only one playing stupid is you mate, hypocritically and seemingly thinking TBC will be some flawless masterpiece with a wipe, when in reality, the problems of gold will always surface, as it has in every single expansion for certain players, as mentioned previously..

Yet you shoot yourself in the foot again.. If casuals are the majority of the playerbase, then how is the minority with gold going to ruin the game? Dailies obsolete? Ok.

It's hilarious to read your justification of this miracle fix, which will infact not solve the route of the problem. You seem to be stuck in a bigot bubble with fingers in your ears going "WIPE WIPE WIPE WIPE".

Whatever bro, have your opinion. Nothing is going to fix an inflation issue as it has happened in every expac since WoW has been released, as much as you want to believe it will. Whether a wipe delays it by a month or maybe a few, the issue will still be there.
    I don’t need to respond to anything else in this post if you start it off with believing mats will get horded in tbc. You proven you are completely clueless as to why and what gets horded.

Your ignorance couldn’t be any higher