Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Swnem View Post
    Surely you can. The unholy and blood artifacts are also transmogrifiable now.
    I can confirm that you can t-mog a 2h to look like the DW artifacts but not sure about the other way around.

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    I can confirm that you can t-mog a 2h to look like the DW artifacts but not sure about the other way around.
    you can but it feels pretty terrible since it still swings at 2h speed and I think the offhand animation never gets used. and no the mogging over "wrong" weapons only works for that spec's artifact weapons. if you want to use a 2h artifact as a frost dk you have to have a 2h weapon and then it lets you mog it to either the blood or unholy ones.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Selaira View Post
    The change to Death's Due is certainly interesting for 2h frosty bois. Locked into a specific covenant but cleaving Obliterate looks hella sexy.

So we have Venthyr generating tons of resources for DW/Breath of Sindragosa and Night Fae being an AoE option for Obliteration focused 2h Frost.

edit: But looks like it basically locks out Kyrian and Necrolords as options unless they're numerically buffed to the moon.
    What was the change? RL has kept me out of the loop on the recent PTR and Beta goings-on and I haven't the energy to muster a Google search :/

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Swnem View Post
    Surely you can. The unholy and blood artifacts are also transmogrifiable now.
    The Unholy artifact skins def. look every bit as good for 2H Frost as they do for Unholy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulqiorra View Post
    If you equate playing WoW to having electricity, I feel very, very happy for the rest of the world, as that kind of thinking will, inevitably, lead to the eradication of your seed from the gene pool.
    WoW Toons: Duskwind (retired)/Duskrime (retired)
    Diablo 3 Profile

Quote Originally Posted by Ronnosh View Post
    What was the change? RL has kept me out of the loop on the recent PTR goings-on and I haven't the energy to muster a Google search :/
    Death's Due percentage amplifier nerfed, now stacks on use of Heart Strike/Obliterate/Scourge Strike to enemies within it, and causes Obliterate to cleave 1 additional target.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Selaira View Post
    Death's Due percentage amplifier nerfed, now stacks on use of Heart Strike/Obliterate/Scourge Strike to enemies within it, and causes Obliterate to cleave 1 additional target.
    Thanks. So it's no longer the "miles-ahead-of-everything-else" choice.
    If you equate playing WoW to having electricity, I feel very, very happy for the rest of the world, as that kind of thinking will, inevitably, lead to the eradication of your seed from the gene pool.
    Diablo 3 Profile

OOOOOOOOOH

Frost

Killing Machine Your auto attack critical strikes have a chance to make your next Obliterate deal Frost damage and critically strike. Death Knight - Frost Spec. Death Knight - Frost Spec.

This could be interesting.

OOOOOOOOOH

Frost

Killing Machine Your auto attack critical strikes have a chance to make your next Obliterate deal Frost damage and critically strike. Death Knight - Frost Spec. Death Knight - Frost Spec.

OOOOOOH!

Goodbye Obliterate scaling issues?
    Quote Originally Posted by choom View Post
    Which one of those ropes can I hang myself with

Quote Originally Posted by GR8GODZILLAGOD View Post
    OOOOOOH!

Goodbye Obliterate scaling issues?
    Yes and makes mastery super powerful for 2H.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yes and makes mastery super powerful for 2H.
    Sounds like OG Masterfrost is back.
    Diablo 3 Profile

Quote Originally Posted by Skendarn View Post
    To bad that the spec doesnt seem so nice. The biggest drawback though is that i cant find any good looking 2h-swords that fits my frost theme.
    Use an axe! Specifically Shadowmourne! ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Skendarn View Post
    To bad that the spec doesnt seem so nice. The biggest drawback though is that i cant find any good looking 2h-swords that fits my frost theme.
    I find the new swords we get from Bolvar are extremely nice. Combine them with the Antorus set (or the PvP equivalent) and it fits perfectly.

I have been using Shadowmourne for a while and I love the weapon, but the cloud you carry everywhere is not really up to modern standards and looks terrible. Sadly you can't remove that effect, else it would be my weapon of choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyriani View Post
    Use an axe! Specifically Shadowmourne! ^_^
    Nothing beats Greatsword of the Ebon Blade for me. A better discount Frostmourne than Shadowmourne in my opinion.

OOOOOOOOOH

Frost

WAIT
    A
    MINUTE !

damn, i was hesitating to go for a 2hand weapon, but obliterate doing full frost damage ? damn !

Quote Originally Posted by kaintk View Post
    WAIT
    A
    MINUTE !

damn, i was hesitating to go for a 2hand weapon, but obliterate doing full frost damage ? damn !
    Don't be in a rush, apparently they specifically nerfed 2H Frost on Beta yesterday (fewer KM procs for 2H, Obliterate dmg and POF reduced duration and increased CD).

Quote Originally Posted by Fkiolaris View Post
    Don't be in a rush, apparently they specifically nerfed 2H Frost on Beta yesterday (fewer KM procs for 2H, Obliterate dmg and POF reduced duration and increased CD).
    hehe, its like before legion, blizzard dont know how to balance dual and twohand, its the main reason why they removed two hand style before and frost was less crappy after this

i knew it was going to happen.
    now frost is back to being a mess.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Where the nerfs a pve thing? Was 2h obliterate build far above any DW builds for pve, both single target and aoe? If that is the case then I can see a reason for the nerfs. You can't or you shouldn't have 1 style of frost being better in all situations. Any beta dks able to shed some light, was 2h frost to far ahead of DW?

Quote Originally Posted by Bisque View Post
    Where the nerfs a pve thing? Was 2h obliterate build far above any DW builds for pve, both single target and aoe? If that is the case then I can see a reason for the nerfs. You can't or you shouldn't have 1 style of frost being better in all situations. Any beta dks able to shed some light, was 2h frost to far ahead of DW?
    2hand frost is mainly for arenas, as it allows to burst harder, but you have less rp to spam ds.

But, i also remember 2hand frost pve specs back in MoP in SoO. Yes, you bet its for patchwerk bosses.

The nerf is hilarious, because blizz always nerfs dks hard, before any other dds in each expansion.

These nerfs are also with conduits, convenants and higher ranks of obliterate in mind, but you won't have access to that during prepatch.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrannica View Post
    2hand frost is mainly for arenas, as it allows to burst harder, but you have less rp to spam ds.

But, i also remember 2hand frost pve specs back in MoP in SoO. Yes, you bet its for patchwerk bosses.

The nerf is hilarious, because blizz always nerfs dks hard, before any other dds in each expansion.

These nerfs are also with conduits, convenants and higher ranks of obliterate in mind, but you won't have access to that during prepatch.
    2h still feels fine even after the nerfs.

2h still feels fine even after the nerfs.
    Define fine please, because all I am reading is that 2H frost is once again go BOS for med-low dps or go home, both in terms of numbers and in terms of gameplay(apparently it's too slow now). I appreciate that ppl can be overly dramatic, but since you are going against the general sentiment, in what way is 2H still fine? Numbers or gameplay? Honest question btw.