Page 6 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Its not a returning playstyle. That would split the spec in two subspecs, which was removed for a reason. it was impossible to balance, one would always pull ahead and then the crowd of "but mah dps" playing the wrong option would come bitch crying and moaning asking for balance. Its all over again if they add something to make 2handers play differently. Be happy with your cosmetic option and get over it.
    Last edited by Kendros; 2020-04-15 at 07:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Hopefully we can bring the Blades of the Fallen Prince to the Forge of Domination to craft a Frostmourne transmog skin for our newly regained ability to use 2Hs.
    Yeah, no. Do the fuckin' questline and put the work in like everyone else who has it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jinpachi View Post
    Yeah, no. Do the fuckin' questline and put the work in like everyone else who has it.
    ??? wat??

What questline lmao.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kendros View Post
    Its not a returning playstile. That would split the spec in two subspecs, which was removed for a reason. it was impossible to balance, one would always pull ahead and then the crowd of "but mah dps" playing the wrong option would come bitch crying and moaning asking for balance. Its all over again if they add something to make 2handers play differently. Be happy with your cosmetic option and get over it.
    Fun before balance. ESPECIALLY in an rpg. We would've never had the most memorable and fun moments in WoW if blizzard took an ultra conservative balanced route. We'd never have shadowmourne PvP, obliterates halving clothies, MoP havoc shadowburns, MoP alter time plays, classic PoM pyro, sword spec, etc.
    Last edited by docterfreeze; 2020-04-13 at 05:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    They won't do anything with them, they'll still be there for when you DW

- - - Updated - - -

So what if DW is objectively better - wasn't that always the case in PVE anyway or am I remembering wrong

Uhhh... they should absolutely do something for them and make an option for you otherwise that would really suck. It shouldn't take much effort to scale them in size a bit and make them work like two handers would.

And yes... DW has always been objectively better in PVE than 2hand. That's the entire point. Plenty of people have been hating that fact since the beginning, and hated it further when they decided to scrap the ability to even use a 2 handed weapon in the first place. That's kinda the point im making. They shouldn't have brought back the option if they intend to just have DW be the better option.

He was talking about FROSTmourne, not SHADOWmourne. Reading is fundamental my friend.

10+ Year Old Account
    SMF for the warrior brothers lets make it real . help the melee comrades up

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    Why? They were made specifically for DW, and you still can DW - going by history it will be the better way to play. They've never changed an item like that and frankly I'd rather the art team spend time making new stuff - Shadowmourne is awesome but they didn't make a 1h version of that for frost did they? And that was harder to get than any artifact appearance
    Okay well if it isn't the better way to play, or if I just am casual now and would rather not play DW anyway but the artifact appearances are pretty special and it would be a shame to not have a 2 handed variation on them.

Also it would take the art team like one guy all of maybe 10 minutes to resize them to fit a 2 hand weapon.

if they figure a way to actually balance it i'm all for options...but if it's like it was before where 2h or dw is better at certain points of the expansion it will be a massive failure.

Quote Originally Posted by GrimReaper673 View Post
    He was talking about FROSTmourne, not SHADOWmourne. Reading is fundamental my friend.
    Funny thing is I did the Shadowmourne questline years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by GrimReaper673 View Post
    Honest mistake, my apologies.

- - - Updated - - -

Funny thing is I did the Shadowmourne questline years ago.
    Yeah I'm facepalming right now lol. Please forgive my rudeness

Honest mistake, my apologies.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah I'm facepalming right now lol. Please forgive my rudeness
    Don't worry, I was just confused for a moment before I realized it was probably about Shadowmourne.

Don't worry, I was just confused for a moment before I realized it was probably about Shadowmourne.
    I am desperately trying to get people to help me with the infusion quests for Shadowmourne.
    Retail sucks. Classic sucks. No positivity, only negative feedback. Why is everybody so damn miserable? Must be somebody else's fault, it couldn't possibly be my INSANELY TOXIC ATTITUDE.

Quote Originally Posted by RuneDK View Post
    if they figure a way to actually balance it i'm all for options...but if it's like it was before where 2h or dw is better at certain points of the expansion it will be a massive failure.
    I thought they already solved this problem in BFA. They changed how all abilities scale with attack power and weapon damage. This was actually first encountered on monks and monks scaled horribly up until BFA where they had less scaling issues that resulted from this scenario. I don't remember the exact algorithm that remained in BFA but here's the initial post discussing the changes as they appeared in BFA Alpha.

https://www.wowhead.com/news=281913/...ability-damage

Although the post doesn't talk about two handers versus dual wielding, for dual wielding you basically get that formula for your main hand plus whatever the difference is between the same ilvl damage per second for a two hander. I believe it was around 2/3 of your offhand followed the same formula and added together to your main formula. Anyway, the point is, they're standardized now across the board which is why it kind of feels disappointing to wield a 2hander and swing and do the same obliterate damage as two one handers, but it is what it is.
    Last edited by Lucavian; 2020-04-14 at 02:08 PM.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    Just transmog Shadowmourne. Who cares about Legion toothpicks?
    This, shadowmourne is far superior.
    Shame axes just suck and clip alot on characters backs.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lucavian View Post
    I thought they already solved this problem in BFA. They changed how all abilities scale with attack power and weapon damage. This was actually first encountered on monks and monks scaled horribly up until BFA where they had less scaling issues that resulted from this scenario. I don't remember the exact algorithm that remained in BFA but here's the initial post discussing the changes as they appeared in BFA Alpha.

https://www.wowhead.com/news=281913/...ability-damage

Although the post doesn't talk about two handers versus dual wielding, for dual wielding you basically get that formula for your main hand plus whatever the difference is between the same ilvl damage per second for a two hander. I believe it was around 2/3 of your offhand followed the same formula and added together to your main formula. Anyway, the point is, they're standardized now across the board which is why it kind of feels disappointing to wield a 2hander and swing and do the same obliterate damage as two one handers, but it is what it is.
    The biggest thing always was.. you get 2 runes with dw instead of 1 with 2hand.

I hope they find a solution for that, so we wont be stuck with: well razorice is soo good right now you would be stupid to use 2 hand.

Time will tell.

I care if I can mog the hidden appearance of the unholy artifact weapon:

Mother pus bucket!

Like many I share concerns with, can blizz balance 2h frost, dw frost and unholy against each other? If so then yes by all means all in for 2H frost is back. However if I recall one of the original reasons why frost went DW only is because blizz could not reasonably balance, 2h frost, dw frost and unholy. I want to believe that this time is different, that blizzard has learned from their mistakes in the past-prove it to me blizzard please, I want to believe. Otherwise we are going to get another expansion full of "well 2h frost is good for this patch, sorry DW with have to sit out" "Go DW for this raid,2h is to far behind" (and I am not even taking UH into account here.

Yes 2h is back, that is nice, but please be able to reasonably balance DW, 2h frost and 2h Unholy.

Quote Originally Posted by docterfreeze View Post
    Fun before balance. ESPECIALLY in an rpg. We would've never had the most memorable and fun moments in WoW if blizzard took an ultra conservative balanced route. We'd never have shadowmourne PvP, obliterates halving clothies, MoP havoc shadowburns, MoP alter time plays, classic PoM pyro, sword spec, etc.
    I disagree balance above everything else. If you dont care about balance you shouldnt care how the spec will perform as long you have your transmog option.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RuneDK View Post
    I mean would you expect ANYHING differently from blizz?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kendros View Post
    I disagree balance above everything else. If you dont care about balance you shouldnt care how the spec will perform as long you have your transmog option.
    I don't care about how it performs, but I do care about how it plays. If it doesn't play like 2h frost then that's not a balance issue it's a design issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Bisque View Post
    Like many I share concerns with, can blizz balance 2h frost, dw frost and unholy against each other?
    I'm not sure, but cant they balance these pretty simply by just balancing the Rune Forging? If 2h Frost does less damage than dual wielding, then they can just increase the impact of the 2h enchant. At least in theory.