Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Looking forward to the changes for Protection Paladins, I hated not having an actively used main attack.

For prot and ret is fine... we need to convince them to remove it for holy.

the worst thing they ever did to paladins was add holy power. now its coming back........... there arnt words to express the levels of upset i am right now.

i maind pala from vanilla to cata launch, i gave holy power a shot, but i hated it so much it was finally the thing that made my reroll ( and believe me i put up with some serious shit playing paladin over those years), i never really had a main after that, just bounced from class to class, when it was finaly removed it took me a while but i did finally come back and for the last 2 tiers i have mained my old paladin again, gotten 4 mythic raid kills this tier with him and was feeling excited to properly main him again in shadowlands, and with one single post thats all gone.... i dont even want to play right now im that upset.

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    Holy power healing... please no.

I was contemplating on maining paladin in SL, probably not after hearing this.

Healing is RNG enough without adding some kind of combo point system added on top of it. "Sorry can't heal, not enough holy power"

Or then it forces you to accumulate those combo points even when it isn't needed and just spamming around because "need HP!"
    Didn't we have holy power back in Cata? I raided as holy just fine with holy power.

Quote Originally Posted by Taeldorian View Post
    Holy power worked pretty well for Hpal but it seems like things are going to function differently with it this time.

Realistically we need to wait and see what other changes happen. We don’t even know if holy power will be capped at 5 or not, we need to see what else they’re changing. We already see DP, CM and HA changing to fit with holy power so it seems there will be a lot more changes. Need to see what acts as a spender/builder, how holy power interacts with all of our abilities, what we’re losing in exchange for talents being changed, etc. There’s going to be a lot to test and unpack.
    Whoa slow down there buddy! Don't be applying reason and logic on these forums!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tyrlaan View Post
    Didn't we have holy power back in Cata? I raided as holy just fine with holy power.
    It was already annoying back then.

Now it's going to be different kind of annoying because all the other core mechanics of the class have changed.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

7+ Year Old Account
    Really disliked Holy Power since it was introduced. Was almost jealous since Legion that holy and protection didn't need it anymore. Now it's back... woo...

Healing with paladin in MoP was absolute blast. I hope it can continue.

If it plays anything like it sounds I guess I am dumping my Holy Paladin in 9.0.

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    It was already annoying back then.

Now it's going to be different kind of annoying because all the other core mechanics of the class have changed.
    To each their own I suppose. I didn't find it annoying at all.

Quote Originally Posted by BananaHandsB View Post
    Looks like hpal will be gone from arena again. Having your healer need to be in melee to generate holy power effectively makes it hard to compete with classes that can pillar hump all day.
    If it worked like it did in the past, the heals will generate Holy Power as well as Crusader Strike. So that shouldn't be a problem as you could generate it effectively just from the heals and no need for CS.

10+ Year Old Account
    the other 2 specs gotta suffer with Ret again, when they could've just removed holy power all together, never in anytime in the fantasy of story has a paladin gone "Just give me a sec to smite you I gotta smack you a few more times."

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    If it worked like it did in the past, the heals will generate Holy Power as well as Crusader Strike. So that shouldn't be a problem as you could generate it effectively just from the heals and no need for CS.
    it was utter cancer, im sorry, they never managed to get it balanced right as a healing builder spender. either the builder heals were too good so it wasn't worth the gcd on the spender or you hang onto it for ages waiting for enough damage to be worth using it, or the builder heals where so rubbish it was litteraly like that night mare where your chasing after a door thats always moving further away to build enough points fast enough to heal enough, and in the end it was distinctly unfair that of all the healers paladins had a whole other layer of lockdown on there heals above just a cooldown.

they removed holy power from holy for alot of very good very solid reasons and not just because it was utterly reviled by most paladins.

Evidently Holinka has no earthly idea what ever made Paladins fun to play throughout WoW's history.

10+ Year Old Account
    I liked the use of Holy Power as a Tank before. We'll see - as Healer, it was a little clunky but could be handled.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Monster Hunter View Post
    it was utter cancer, im sorry, they never managed to get it balanced right as a healing builder spender. either the builder heals were too good so it wasn't worth the gcd on the spender or you hang onto it for ages waiting for enough damage to be worth using it, or the builder heals where so rubbish it was litteraly like that night mare where your chasing after a door thats always moving further away to build enough points fast enough to heal enough, and in the end it was distinctly unfair that of all the healers paladins had a whole other layer of lockdown on there heals above just a cooldown.

they removed holy power from holy for alot of very good very solid reasons and not just because it was utterly reviled by most paladins.
    Eh, it wasn't that bad at all. In fact it was one of the better times to heal imo. The spender was either Word of Glory or Light's Dawn. So it's not like you lost access to a lot, but they were pretty strong in themselves. Like Light's Dawn was a stronger Holy Radiance.

We don't know why they removed it as people can speculate a lot. That was around the time when they felt the dps could use the "Combo Points" more than healers and tanks of any spec which was the main reasoning. So it's not like they removed it for "good reasons".

Paladins don't need mana. Their connection to the light goes through a binary holy power build and spend mechanic. Smack them to get empowered.

Not really the change in class design I was looking forward to...

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    Eh, it wasn't that bad at all. In fact it was one of the better times to heal imo. The spender was either Word of Glory or Light's Dawn. So it's not like you lost access to a lot, but they were pretty strong in themselves. Like Light's Dawn was a stronger Holy Radiance.

We don't know why they removed it as people can speculate a lot. That was around the time when they felt the dps could use the "Combo Points" more than healers and tanks of any spec which was the main reasoning. So it's not like they removed it for "good reasons".
    and in the first pass the builders were so weak we needed quick access to light of dawn and word to do comparable healing to other healers, then they made the builders alot stronger and weakend the spenders to the point you only hit them cos they were mana free heals now and then.
    and they said why they removed it. 1. hpalas overwhelmingly hated it, 2. it was clunky 3. it was impossible to balance right and 4. it didnt fit with the style of healing paladins are.

paladins are and have always been reactive healers, we heal damdge after the fact, unlike druids and disc preists who are proactive and rely on pre-empting damage. the holy power system was directly at odds with how our heals and style of healing functions which is what made it feel for most very clunky. reactive healing relys 100% on timing, placing barriers between the damage happening and the pala hitting there heal is just unfathomably stupid design that directly hampers the react in reactive healing.

Quote Originally Posted by Good ol Stroggylos View Post
    Paladins don't need mana. Their connection to the light goes through a binary holy power build and spend mechanic. Smack them to get empowered.

Not really the change in class design I was looking forward to...
    Combo points are the first thing that comes to mind when I think of a holy warrior. Truly, the perfect resource.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Literally everyone asked to remove Holy Power for Retribution paladins.

Blizzard gave it to ALL paladin specializations.

I guess feedback was recieved.

and in the first pass the builders were so weak we needed quick access to light of dawn and word to do comparable healing to other healers, then they made the builders alot stronger and weakend the spenders to the point you only hit them cos they were mana free heals now and then.
    Which is to be expected in the first patch since it has to be used by the masses in a raid setting. Beta testing only gives so much information.

and they said why they removed it. 1. hpalas overwhelmingly hated it, 2. it was clunky 3. it was impossible to balance right and 4. it didnt fit with the style of healing paladins are.
    Source? Don't remember them saying any of that, but I could be wrong.

paladins are and have always been reactive healers, we heal damdge after the fact, unlike druids and disc preists who are proactive and rely on pre-empting damage. the holy power system was directly at odds with how our heals and style of healing functions which is what made it feel for most very clunky. reactive healing relys 100% on timing, placing barriers between the damage happening and the pala hitting there heal is just unfathomably stupid design that directly hampers the react in reactive healing.
    Um....the holy power spenders did exactly the same thing as the regular ones. It was all reactive. The only proactive ability was Sacred Shield. Not sure how you think the Holy Power system was at odds with their healing style when it did the exact same thing. Holy Power was never hard to build up and you could do it passively without thinking. It's not like you needed to spam WoG all the time so you could have some banked for LD when you need it. The problem with Holy Power mainly was how you only had 3 at first and then they eventually bumped it up to 5 so you could have two banked along with how you could receive free HP on cast from the two spenders.

Are you sure you are remembering the abilities for Holy Power, correctly?