Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Stood in the Fire The5thVegetable's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Razaron View Post
    Why even leave the option there if we can't actually really play with them.
    You may not get to play with a two-handed weapons, but the characters of roleplayers do. And boy oh boy, would roleplayers lose their shit if they lost the ability to equip certain weapons
    Why do I even bother to post on this damned site?

My Enhancement feedback.

Quote Originally Posted by Blizzard
    As with Elemental, the Maelstrom resource and Maelstrom bar have been removed from Enhancement Shaman. Maelstrom Weapon returns, giving each attack a chance to grant a stack of a buff that can be used to make your next healing or damage-dealing spell instant.
    So we're saying bye to the Maelstrom (Fury) resource and saying hello once again to the Maelstrom Weapon (Combo Point) resource. Straight away I'm happy with this, but the numbers have to be right, especially for the self-healing. Also for PVP, will we get our instant hex back? I doubt it.

Enhancement will return to a specialization based on managing a number of cooldown abilities with high points built around repeat casts of Stormstrike.
    Not going to lie, but that sounds like it could be marketed to BFA enhancement shaman as well.

What worries me about this is, I fear they're going to be throwing all our eggs in to one basket again with Stormstrike. Patiently we wait for a proc of Stormbringer and if it doesn't come, we're sitting about not doing anything. I'd also be a fan of not repeatedly casting Stormstrike, it hits like a wet fish in BFA.

In Shadowlands, Enhancement Shaman who chain certain abilities in combat will see their efforts rewarded when the time is right (and the elements will it) with the capacity to unleash a powerful cooldown dealing devastating damage.
    So basically we need to do our rotation right, like usual. It does hint at a powerful cooldown that deals devastating damage? So perhaps this is a new ability locked in to doing your rotation in a key way? Maybe maintaining all of the elements on a target like Nature's Harmony? Who knows!

It could also just be Blizzard hyping their statement up.

Flametongue Weapon and Windfury Weapon can once again be applied to Enhancement Shaman's weapons, imbuing them with the power of the elements to suit the situation at hand. The passive bonus provided by Hailstorm has been redesigned so that it resets the cooldown of Flame Shock and Frost Shock when a Shaman uses Stormstrike.
    So we're getting imbues back, but just two. Flametongue and Windfury and we will have to use them to suit the 'situation'. I don't feel this is the simple case of WF Main-hand and FT Off-hand in years before. Perhaps it's more likely, WF means single target and FT means AoE/Cleave? Switching when the time is right?

Again more baked in to Stormstrike with Hailstorm, which worries me more. But they also highlight Flame Shock, which is obviously going to be our DoT again. Then Frost Shock's return with no mention of Frostbrand, I fear Frostbrand may be RIP.

Searing Assault metamorphosizes into a powerful fire attack, striking the foe for significant Fire damage and causes their Searing Totem to cast incredibly fast. It also triggers Flame Shock to rapidly dish out its damage-over-time burn effects to melt enemies.
    Numbers will determined how this talent works, which is how I hate talents to be made. I'm also am a bit discouraged by the lack of imagination from Blizzard in trying to make up some new names for these obviously very new talents. Can't say I'm too hyped about the style of the talent either, it's not exactly screaming at me that it's fun. When you've got the wide range of abilities a shaman can perform, be it the elements, spirits, voodoo, etc then having a buffed Searing Totem and Flame Shock seems a bit boring.

Overcharge now generates five stacks of Maelstrom Weapon instantly and another stack every second for a short duration. Stormkeeper will make your next two Lightning Bolt or Chain Lightning spells instant cast and deal bonus damage. It also benefits from Maelstrom Weapon, lowering Stormkeeper's cast time so the Enhancement Shaman can chain powerful abilities together to pummel down foes quickly.
    Overcharge again will go down to numbers, logically this looks pretty strong as you can use it defensively as well as offensively, so I like this one better. Stormkeeper coming to Enhancement tells me Lightning Bolt and Chain Lightning will be our main finishers with the Maelstrom Weapon (Combo Point) resource. I'm glad to see Chain Lightning back, I'm guessing we'll still be Crash Lightning cleaving on top of this for our cleave/aoe.

Elemental Blast is now a Talent option for Enhancement Shaman, giving this melee-focused spec access to a powerful spell to destroy foes from a distance. It also benefits from Maelstrom Weapon's effect, which can reduce its cast time or even cause it to become instant cast.
    I swear we had Elemental Blast before, but again, it's a recycled ability from the past.

My conclusion is, this is Blizzard acknowledging the spec has gone miles away from what the players liked about it. They've now admitted it by reversing the clock and giving us some form of WoTLK/Mop styled spec back with a few Legion/BFA occurrences. Am I happy about this? Well I'm not unhappy. I can't really judge it yet as I'm going off a few lines of text. What I will say is I hope there is more because I was hoping for a rework with exciting new abilities to see, not just a blast from the past.

My main concern is Enhancement shamans need the communities respect again, we need to bring more to the table. The spec needs to be tougher, we're too easy to kill be it in PVP and squishy in PVE. We don't bring anything to the table other classes and specs can't do better. Some of this can be down to balancing, but a lot of it isn't as well.
    Last edited by Razaron; 2020-04-07 at 08:19 PM.

If they could fix Chain Lightning sound back to what it was back in WC3....that'd be great

Jesus, Searing Totem. They really did it.

I certainly won't be maining a shaman, that's for damn sure.

Unbelievable.

Turning back the clock to WoD Ele is a horrible idea. Never in my life have I felt so used and abused.

I like the Enh changes though.

Enh sounds like Wrath+ to me. Which is perfect because I absolutely love Wrath Enh.
    But Ele sounds... Kind of jacked up, we will see. I'm looking forward to switching to Shaman as a main in SL if these changes work as they sound.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Razaron View Post
    Overcharge again will go down to numbers, logically this looks pretty strong as you can use it defensively as well as offensively, so I like this one better. Stormkeeper coming to Enhancement tells me Lightning Bolt and Chain Lightning will be our main finishers with the Maelstrom Weapon (Combo Point) resource. I'm glad to see Chain Lightning back, I'm guessing we'll still be Crash Lightning cleaving on top of this for our cleave/aoe.
    With Maelstrom Weapon back you won't need Crash Lightning, it may get ripped out entirely. If it follows Wrath, Maelstrom 5stack with Chain, Magma totem, will be AOE. Adding in Overcharge and Stormkeeper pushes me further in the direction that Enh will just use ChainL, as you'll have 2 buttons to buff/insta cast it without any ramp up (maelstrom stack).

10+ Year Old Account
    Was/am really hoping for 2h enhance again.

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    The irony is however that this "niche" they are implying based on multi dotting Flame shock strongly synergizes with the Lava shock trait.
    Which is one of the reasons why Elemental was so strong in ST situations where you still could multi dot FS.

So this niche is partially based on a spell that they want to move away from.

They haven't said anything about buffing Chain Lightning, so there's that.
    That aside, they said CL will "enable" Earthquake, what that exactly means leaves a lot of room to interpretation.

And during Cata, you pretty much spammed CL, EQ was an extremely niche spell until WoD, where it basically became an utterly OP spell whenever you managed to hit three targets with CL.
    Funneling with FS existed well before BfA and Azerite. It was wildly important in Firelands, as it assisted in having a perma Fire Ele. Lava Shock has nothing to do with the existence of funneling, it just benefits greatly from it.

Also, I would interpret that Seismic Thunder is going to be the AoE twin of Fulmination. More stacks make EQ stronger, similar to Improved CL.

I'm interested, the changes have potential. We'll have to see what washes out though.

Quote Originally Posted by themaster24 View Post
    Funneling with FS existed well before BfA and Azerite. It was wildly important in Firelands, as it assisted in having a perma Fire Ele.
    Multi Dotting FS pre Legion was always a pain because of the shared CD with Earth shock.
    And the Set bonus originally proced from any damaging spell, not just FS ticks and you had a two minute window for a single proc, because FE lasted that long.

Multi dotting FS was just on paper beneficial because FS has relatively huge DPET compared to your direct damage spells, but was always tricky because of its situational use and the shared CD with Earth shock.

In BfA, because ES and FS are still decoupled, you could just multi dot anything with FS as long as your main target still had ~6 seconds left.

Lava Shock has nothing to do with the existence of funneling, it just benefits greatly from it.
    If it benefits greatly from it, it's most certainly a reason for its existence.

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    Multi Dotting FS pre Legion was always a pain because of the shared CD with Earth shock.
    And the Set bonus originally proced from any damaging spell, not just FS ticks and you had a two minute window for a single proc, because FE lasted that long.

Multi dotting FS was just on paper beneficial because FS has relatively huge DPET compared to your direct damage spells, but was always tricky because of its situational use and the shared CD with Earth shock.

In BfA, because ES and FS are still decoupled, you could just multi dot anything with FS as long as your main target still had ~6 seconds left.

If it benefits greatly from it, it's most certainly a reason for its existence.
    Multi Dotting FS has served not only the purpose of Lava Surge, but also for AoE, in the Fire Nova days. Plus, it wasn't too hard to keep out multiple FS's with the glyph. The benefit of doing so has waxed and waned, but it's been around for some time.

Also, you'll see most guides advocate for funneling even if you don't run Lava Shock, because funneling is one of Ele's fundamental strength's. Fights with 2-3 targets drastically accelerates the rate of Lava Surge procs. Not saying Lava Shock doesn't give you reason to funnel, but that you would funnel with or without it.

Multi Dotting FS has served not only the purpose of Lava Surge, but also for AoE, in the Fire Nova days. Plus, it wasn't too hard to keep out multiple FS's with the glyph. The benefit of doing so has waxed and waned, but it's been around for some time.
    It's just one of the massive niche scenarios considering how long it took until you had FS up on multiple targets to actually reap a serious benefit.
    There's a reason why Blizzard removed the CD for CL in 4.3 and essentially made that your sole AoE (let alone that Fire Nova was removed from Elemental in MoP).

I still remember how there was only a single encounter in all of T11 where it was remotely useable: Maloriak, on any other fight, stuff just died after your second FS.
    It wasn't really good nor defining, it's just that Elemental AoE pre 4.3 was a massive hodgepodge.

Also, you'll see most guides advocate for funneling even if you don't run Lava Shock, because funneling is one of Ele's fundamental strength's. Fights with 2-3 targets drastically accelerates the rate of Lava Surge procs. Not saying Lava Shock doesn't give you reason to funnel, but that you would funnel with or without it.
    The point is that this niche takes a massive hit without Lava Shock, because Earth gets significantly weaker and that's where Elemental could actually shine for once in the class Meta of BoD and EP because they could funnel that damage into a single mob.
    The idea of funneling really came to shine on encounters like U'unat, where you just had multiple FS running on those adds no one cared about and then basically spammed Lvb+Huge ES onto a single target.

In a 2-3 Target scenario you'll be using EQ anyway, so the "funneling" idea gets kinda diluted by that.
    You are doing a bit more damage to a single target, but that damage also slightly suffers because you're using EQ over ES (and possibly CL).

If you really want to retain that strength that Elemental had in BoD / EP, Lvb needs to compensate for the loss of Lava shock / nerfed ES.
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2020-04-07 at 11:21 PM.

Soooo, enhance is going back to WotLK (good)

Ele is going back to WoD (bad). I thought BFA ele was fine, minus a few dead talents. What does Blizzard think the difference is between dumping earth shock at 17 stacks of fulmination vs dumping at 60 maelstrom?

Resto is..... hopefully pending massive changes

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Noraver View Post
    under-perform every other healer in the game, as per usual.
    1. there will always be a bottom spec.
    literally you are this comic https://www.darklegacycomics.com/comics/558.jpg
    2. they arnt even that underpreforming, everyone is pretty even (other then the best of the best mistwalkers being super high up)

3. "as per usual" what...?
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    My ideas are objectively good

Quote Originally Posted by Dragore View Post
    Was/am really hoping for 2h enhance again.
    That is exactly why the general forums are garbage. People like you asking for 2h enhancer for about 14 fucking years now. It sucked and its never coming back.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    1. there will always be a bottom spec.
    literally you are this comic https://www.darklegacycomics.com/comics/558.jpg
    2. they arnt even that underpreforming, everyone is pretty even (other then the best of the best mistwalkers being super high up)

3. "as per usual" what...?
    Did you really just post healing meters to help your argument?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    Jesus, Searing Totem. They really did it.

I certainly won't be maining a shaman, that's for damn sure.

Unbelievable.
    Like... who asked for this back? I remember these forums were celebrating when they removed it lol

Yes, I was one of them. Searing totem is awful.

2H enhance was indeed terrible back when it was current, which was vanilla. That doesn't mean it couldn't work now. Lots of shamans want to lug giant totems like Baine and Cairne.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mightytasty View Post
    Did you really just post healing meters to help your argument?

- - - Updated - - -

Like... who asked for this back? I remember these forums were celebrating when they removed it lol
    Yes i did, and they are all pretty much on the same level. they are not "by far the worst spec" or anything of the sort, there will always be a lower spec, but its doing fine, hell the "all star" for nylotha mythic is a res shaman

of course the other 9 are holy pally and holy priest but yeah.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    My ideas are objectively good

Searing Totem would be much easier for me to digest if it were an attack spell in of itself. Literally "swing a Searing Totem at your target, dealing Fire damage and planting it in the ground for 20 seconds" or whatever. Give it an animation where you swing your racial totem and bonk them with it, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    Yes, I was one of them. Searing totem is awful.

2H enhance was indeed terrible back when it was current, which was vanilla. That doesn't mean it couldn't work now. Lots of shamans want to lug giant totems like Baine and Cairne.
    2h Enhance isn't bad, it just suffers from unpredictable dmg output. I think Blizz may or may not bring it back, the reason I could see for not bringing it back is the move to dualwield was done to make the spec more predictable damage wise. With the return of weapon imbues, Blizz has the choice of altering the imbues to work with 2h better, but by doing that they will be buffing dualwield. The other choice is leave it out as 2h was only a thing in Vanilla and limitedly in TBC.
    Although it all depends on how the game gets balanced, during the Vanilla-Wrath window white dmg was king. Not so much anymore. 2h Enhance could work again just because of the reduced roll of white damage.