Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sangris View Post
    Some rewording of the Fury of the Illidari tooltip could suggest it's coming back aswell.
    oh oh oh oh...at last i know what class ill be playin in SL
    Great news

Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    oh oh oh oh...at last i know what class ill be playin in SL
    Great news
    Well, I'm not saying it's definitely returning, but they changed the tooltip from spinning the Twinblades of the Deceiver to spinning some Demonic Glaives, which would be pointless since the ability isn't in the game anymore anyway, which would make the tooltip change obsolete.
    Last edited by Sangris; 2020-07-02 at 12:31 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Baine is like the most unlikeable character you are supposed to like.

Some rewording of the Fury of the Illidari tooltip could suggest it's coming back aswell.
    i hope i hope i hope

Well' Im not saying it's definitely returning, but they changed the tooltip from spinning the Twinblades of the Deceiver to spinning some Demonic Glaives, which would be pointless since the ability isn't in the game anymore anyway, which would make the tooltip change obsolete.
    maybe a legendary effect? Either way I want them back.
    For the Alliance, and for Azeroth!

Does anyone else feel like they got one thing right and then totally messed up something else? Its great that immo aura is generating fury again, but not really happy with the Eyebeam CD change from Soul Fragments.

RIP DH, the purge is just starting

What class will you reroll ?
    Last edited by Kleym; 2020-07-02 at 09:22 AM.

None! I like the changes. Hope they can read a little more, and put Felblade with chaos damage.

Sorry for going off topic but holy fuck how dead is this forum? Pretty big changes on DH and it’s days later the discussion starts in a thread not bumped since may.

Seems this way on most of the forum, MMO-Champ has never been so barren.

Quote Originally Posted by Castia View Post
    Sorry for going off topic but holy fuck how dead is this forum? Pretty big changes on DH and it’s days later the discussion starts in a thread not bumped since may.

Seems this way on most of the forum, MMO-Champ has never been so barren.
    I feel like that probably has a lot to do with how accessible and useful Discord is as an alternative.

It would be nice if they would communicate more and listen more to the DH community considering how barren the class was in legion with legendaries or the artifact and now they’re again trying to force clunky play styles that no one enjoys.

You want my hot take(as someone that's done some muck around m+ pushing on a DH)

I doubt the cycle of hatred buff will fix the first blood problem and even if it does it's just numbers and its all very boring.

Insatiable hunger is a nice buff so the talent isn't just a meme but it doesn't change that demon blades existing is bad for the spec and bad for the game, and again it's just so boring.

Burning hatred just lazy, they clearly can't even be bothered to code in a dot or a debuff or anything. It could gen 5 extra fury or 500 extra fury you're still always just going to press it on CD (basically).

Unbound Chaos is at least not boring but is seems really unintuitive and super restrictive? Why is it reliant on immo aura when the other two talents just stand on their own?

None of these changes on their own really address the problem that the spec has nothing that makes it special, it's just a basic builder spender. Why is demonic not baseline since meta is literally the marquee 'feature' of the spec? Why is felblade not baseline since the proc is the one option the spec has to wake you up out of just building and spending till the end of time?

Not impressed with these changes. Nerfing insatiable hunger to make cycle but just means that demonic is even more crippled than it already was when comparing SL to BFA. Stuff like unbound chaos may increase the skill-cap to some degree, but imo like Salty said above tying it to immo just seems really clunky and unintuitive. Plus this may lead to some degenerate gameplay like canceling fel-rush again just so your unbound chaos will hit reliably.

Other issues are still in the spec as well. Nemesis still exists, just replace it with chaos blades. Fel-blade and demon blades should just be merged into one ability and have two charges. Momentum looks like it's gonna be the best talent, which is problematic, and hurts Havoc's mobility.

10+ Year Old Account
    After looking at what they just did, its a step in the right direction... butttt they still havent fixed the major problems with our talents.

If we get back fury of the illidari, great, that will give us another button to press... but on a cd. The problem, tho, people forget that the artifact spell also had another artifact power to make it do big numbers (do all ur chaos aoe during that window to make a big boom) and that was never baked into the spell. It was an artifact trait.

cycle of hatred might be fine... but it would be garbage if it was best. What they need to do is simply make first blood baseline. Its been the best talent since legion, and will still be.

But like others haven pointed out, there are still quite a few things that they havent even baselined or fucked off with (nemesis is a dead talent to me)

immo aura generatiing some fury baseline is good. Insatiable hunger change is also nice , i might pick it for the start of the xpac where haste is low.

i would like the new cycle , if it wasn't in the same row as first blood. Now i have to choose between more meta uptime or more blade dance's beautiful animation in my rotation.

They didn't mention Fury of the illidari in their post , so i wouldn't count on it , unles it come from a legendary effect ?

This video sums it up quite nicely. And while I do not agree with all the initial worries I think it is one step forward and two backwards with these changes overall.

The question is how much time devs have to think it over and polish it out because not everything can be saved with legendaries when spec itself is just unfinished.

Got beta today copied my dh tested for 15 quit playing DH blizzard hates fun.

Quote Originally Posted by jediknight12 View Post
    I have to say, I too am not enjoying Shadowlands as a DH after just a few minutes of playing. Copied over my main this morning and found that Demon's Bite/Blade has become a passive so I'm left with no filler ability when everything else is on cooldown. Am I missing something here? I checked my spellbook and have everything available on my bars

Quote Originally Posted by jediknight12 View Post
    So, u tested 15 key w/o legs,soulbinds and conduits and didnt get fun?try with 10lvl dh then.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Arom View Post
    Demon's Bite/Blade has become a passive
    What do you mean?

I have to say, I too am not enjoying Shadowlands as a DH after just a few minutes of playing. Copied over my main this morning and found that Demon's Bite/Blade has become a passive so I'm left with no filler ability when everything else is on cooldown. Am I missing something here? I checked my spellbook and have everything available on my bars
    It just learned Demon Blades for some reason, happened to my DH aswell. Just switch the talent.

It just learned Demon Blades for some reason, happened to my DH aswell. Just switch the talent.
    Thank you! I submitted a bug report on this. When you spec into Demon Blades it causes you to lose the ability completely. For now, I chose Insatiable Hunger instead

Thank you! I submitted a bug report on this. When you spec into Demon Blades it causes you to lose the ability completely. For now, I chose Insatiable Hunger instead
    Yeah I think it happened because of the Burning Hatred change and them making Immolation Aura baseline. If you had it talented it switches it to Demon Blades upon copying your character.