Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Arom View Post
    I have to say, I too am not enjoying Shadowlands as a DH after just a few minutes of playing. Copied over my main this morning and found that Demon's Bite/Blade has become a passive so I'm left with no filler ability when everything else is on cooldown. Am I missing something here? I checked my spellbook and have everything available on my bars
    If you were specced into Immolation Aura on live it will become Demon Blades on beta. Just pick a different talent in the level 25 row to get your filler back. FYI this is no different than live other than that the talent moved to a different column.

Quote Originally Posted by Arom View Post
    Thank you! I submitted a bug report on this. When you spec into Demon Blades it causes you to lose the ability completely. For now, I chose Insatiable Hunger instead
    That is not a bug. When you spec Demon Blades, you lose Demons Bite. Thats how the talent always has worked.
    @Topic: DH is terrible on Beta right time, feels like quitting the class

So i've played Demon Hunter in SL beta, since first Beta wave, The class feels horrible, It will still have a spot or two in a raid setup, mainly for it's % magic dmg de-buff.

I've done all the raid testing (Normal/Heroic/Mythic), Yesterday we went in and did 4 bosses, cleared the Blood Council wing on normal, Couldn't progress any further as the npc was bugged too open the gate for the next wing. I've played most specs, but demonic seems to be the most reliable, as is too be expected, The class feels like a very slow version on what we have in retail, The playstyle itself, hasn't changed (The soulbind that makes TG buff your EB damage by 8% being the only notable playstyle change i felt when testing) , The talent tree, seems all over the place and the level 45 line just needs to be reworked completely and First blood be baseline.

Honestly, I really hope they'll do a complete overhaul to the core kit too the class, It's once again carried by borrewed power, If you don't go venthyr you're trolling, The other 3 are not even close, with Kyrian being second, the rest utter jokes.

Unbound Choas is fun, But as a talent, especially with it replacing fel mastery and the aoe cap added, it's actually a massive nerf, but it's a cool talent, non the less.

Legendarys are a mess, Some of plain dog shit, like Inner Demons and Essense break procs just have such a low proc rate, they feel useless.
    Throw Glaive one, Could be really fucking good, but it's so bugged, You'll be pulling packs and your group will hate you
    Fel Rush reduction sounds good on paper, with a 100% uptime on momentum, but you'll struggle to make get the fury to actually make use of it, this early in the expansion, maybe down the line, and the encounter let's you play a momentum build it may be good?
    The ones that honestly stand out as the best, is for sure the Fel Devo with Eyebeam one, Constant reliable damage, and no praying to the RNG gods for lucky procs.
    20% Eye Beam chance to reset is ok, Defenity a better proc rate than before mentioned other proc ledgedarys, and you can get some insane luck and get about 3-5 eye beams with a meta reset, but again relying on procs, not constant damage.

All in all, The spec in it's current state will perform about on par as it does on retail, The defensive, leech nerfs as a whole make sense, the class is still very simple, the un-pruning added very little to the complexity of the havoc spec, It will rely on borrowed power, will the play style change from Demonic to something different, I honestly don't know without simming, In the current state, It feels very much like Havoc's playstyle will not change a whole lot, aside from using TG to buff EB damage, but again, that could all change with proper sims, and gear.

Enjoy playing a slower Demonic Havoc DH, Then the changes won't really bother you, wanted more complexity and more hook, It's even simpler to play.
    Last edited by EthisquareSG; 2020-08-17 at 10:35 PM.

Furious Gaze is now baseline with 10% Haste and Nemesis has been removed. Fel Barrage is now taking Nemesis' place and where Fel Barrage was before we basically get Fury of the Illidari with a fury cost but no cooldown (as of this build).

Source: https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wo...ges/490707/100

I'm pretty happy about these changes, can't wait to try them out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Baine is like the most unlikeable character you are supposed to like.

Quote Originally Posted by Sangris View Post
    Furious Gaze is now baseline with 10% Haste and Nemesis has been removed. Fel Barrage is now taking Nemesis' place and where Fel Barrage was before we basically get Fury of the Illidari with a fury cost but no cooldown (as of this build).

im pretty happy too! we are finally getting something back!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sangris View Post

hm not bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    They had no prior build-up and instead tried to leech off of already established things people are familiar with. The Scourge? Maldraxxus did that. The Lich King? The Jailer did that. Frostmourne? The Runecarver made that. Sargeras corruption by demons and everything resulting from that? Also the Jailer's plan.

Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    That is not a bug. When you spec Demon Blades, you lose Demons Bite. Thats how the talent always has worked.
    @Topic: DH is terrible on Beta right time, feels like quitting the class
    we got some improvements now. Maybe not all is lost?

Indeed, its a very good step from what I have seen, looking forward to see all of the changes in detail.

I dont know what you are all so happy about. They added nerfed form of FG(we dont need 12s haste buff cos demonic window is 6s only now) and another "use and forget" talent, that doesnt add any complexity to rotation as bluepost stated. But core issues still dont be addressed - bland base rotation without synergy between abilities, aoe target cap, the "only choice" talents, broken animation abilities, dull Covenant spells and their bored conduits,like reduce cd on Ventyr mark or increase duration Fodder to the Flame pool wtf (btw how could a demon's soul be in SL?), useless and too rngsh leggos.

15+ Year Old Account

That's what Glaive Tempest looks like in PTR, unlike what it says on beta (20 Fury, no cooldown)
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Quote Originally Posted by Vpuh View Post
    I dont know what you are all so happy about. They added nerfed form of FG(we dont need 12s haste buff cos demonic window is 6s only now) and another "use and forget" talent, that doesnt add any complexity to rotation as bluepost stated.
    are you one of those people that complains about complexity then:

uses mods to basically tell them their rotation, such as weakauras?

uses demon blades and every passive talent possible?

is someone that just does really horrible dps then says the class is too easy?

because i swear every time someone complains about complexity they seem to fall under at least one of these categories. sometimes all three. you may not, but more often than not it does seem to be true in my experience.

on a side note, you dont need a 10+ button rotation to be fun. most demon hunters ive run into are first, bad dps, and second, stand in almost everything. maybe ive just had bad luck, it is quite anecdotal after all. but theres also just something more fun about simple play styles. being overly complicated and complex doesnt make a class automatically fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post

That's what Glaive Tempest looks like in PTR, unlike what it says on beta (20 Fury, no cooldown)
    Yeah it was hotfixed. It was 20 Fury no CD no cap and way to much Damage on PTR too. Was much fun. But know it feels like another Blade Dance. And is even better than Blade Dance without First Blood.

Would have liked to have a chaos strike replacement for heavy aoe. But it looks like they want another press and forget skill.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Merkader View Post
    Yeah it was hotfixed. It was 20 Fury no CD no cap and way to much Damage on PTR too. Was much fun. But know it feels like another Blade Dance. And is even better than Blade Dance without First Blood.

Would have liked to have a chaos strike replacement for heavy aoe. But it looks like they want another press and forget skill.
    Instead of balancing the damage/cost they just sticked a cooldown on it, keeping up with the brainless theme.
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    Instead of balancing the damage/cost they just sticked a cooldown on it, keeping up with the brainless theme.
    Idk, but it seems there is "no win" situation for this ability. First, zero synergy with base rotation(just use and forget). 2nd, if it stayed with no cd, then you will always prioritize Glaive Tempest over BD, cos it scales with mastery, and if they did a long cd(like 1m or more), it would just be a clone of Fel Barrage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vpuh View Post
    Idk, but it seems there is "no win" situation for this ability. First, zero synergy with base rotation(just use and forget). 2nd, if it stayed with no cd, then you will always prioritize Glaive Tempest over BD, cos it scales with mastery, and if they did a long cd(like 1m or more), it would just be a clone of Fel Barrage.
    I think with balanced damage a cost of around 20 fury and no cd it could be a good aoe replacement for chaos strike. Since it has no other synergy there is no way you want to use it in other cases. I mean now you could play Glaive Tempest over BD cause it does much more damage. You could even change first blood to something else then.

I'm not currently seeing the baked in furious gaze on PTR. Checked the buff values, still only getting the haste from my azerite gear.
    For the Alliance, and for Azeroth!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gcsmith View Post
    I'm not currently seeing the baked in furious gaze on PTR. Checked the buff values, still only getting the haste from my azerite gear.
    Its a Rank Upgrade which you get while leveling from 50 to 60.

Quote Originally Posted by gcsmith View Post
    Because you don’t get it at level 50

Quote Originally Posted by Merkader View Post
    Its a Rank Upgrade which you get while leveling from 50 to 60.
    makes sense, thanks.

- - - Updated - - -

So quick test, might not be ideal situations due to procs etc, but glaive tempest seems like the better talent for aoe, and it and trail of ruin are pretty close on ST
    For the Alliance, and for Azeroth!

Glaive Tempest is pretty cool! Looks way too good atm numbers wise, but it's a nice and cool addition to the Havoc rotation I must say.