Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    I cant be the only one excited about the Affliction changes surely.
    The talents seem to give you the option to play in all sorts of ways, AoE/Burst/Single target etc.

Its Alpha numbers and such will change, the gameplay seems fun to me.
    I guess if your already thinking it will be shit, its not the spec for you to play.

Quote Originally Posted by Atrieus View Post
    The talents seem to give you the option to play in all sorts of ways, AoE/Burst/Single target etc.
    The problem with this is that many other classes can do all of the above without sacrificing anything, whereas we have to talent into something to not be awful at it, but then by doing that we gimp the other areas.

Maybe that will change now with some of the things they're doing, but history shows that's a bit of wishful thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by Atrieus View Post
    Its Alpha numbers and such will change, the gameplay seems fun to me.
    That's what people said in the legion and bfa alpha. We all know what state warlocks launched in then.

But don't worry, it's only alpha/beta/prepatch/9/pre-9.1 ptr/9.1/ptr/9.2/pre-exapansion/next expansion will fix it.

Also, Felplague if you're going to post on the Alpha forums can you maybe get a bit of a clue about the warlock class? Asking for a combined version of tounges and weakness that is weaker just so you have less curses to think about, make drain soul baseline, mini infernals - please just stop.
    Last edited by JustaWarlock; 2020-04-11 at 07:11 AM.

What.. the.. F U * * ... Shadowbolt, Deathbolt and Darkglare are STILL there? This must be a fu***** joke. Seriously, what the fu**. I just cannot believe that. This MUST be a joke, right?

Quote Originally Posted by xblubbx View Post
    What.. the.. F U * * ... Shadowbolt, Deathbolt and Darkglare are STILL there? This must be a fu***** joke. Seriously, what the fu**. I just cannot believe that. This MUST be a joke, right?
    I think shadowbolt should remain for people who enjoy it over a drain filler. Let it be a talent selection - but this time actually put even a cursory effort into balancing drain vs shadowbolt so they're fairly even and not the joke it was most of BFA. Choice is good - bolt or drain let the warlock decide.

Quote Originally Posted by JustaWarlock View Post
    I think shadowbolt should remain for people who enjoy it over a drain filler. Let it be a talent selection - but this time actually put even a cursory effort into balancing drain vs shadowbolt so they're fairly even and not the joke it was most of BFA. Choice is good - bolt or drain let the warlock decide.
    It's good to have an option, between SB and DS, we didn't have that option in BfA (cause DS was too weak), and all these talents that enforced this crappy darkglare/deathbolt rotation are still there. All hope gone just there.

The problem with this is that many other classes can do all of the above without sacrificing anything, whereas we have to talent into something to not be awful at it, but then by doing that we gimp the other areas.

Maybe that will change now with some of the things they're doing, but history shows that's a bit of wishful thinking.

That's what people said in the legion and bfa alpha. We all know what state warlocks launched in then.

But don't worry, it's only alpha/beta/prepatch/9/pre-9.1 ptr/9.1/ptr/9.2/pre-exapansion/next expansion will fix it.
    I agree somewhat.
    But honestly i think we have more positives than negative currently.

And as long as the gameplay is there, a small change can alter the numbers, i would primarily focus on gameplay over anything else. We could be doing a billion damage but if the feel of the class is crap whats the point.

15+ Year Old Account
    I like almost everything shown so far.

Soul Wrack will probably be the reason I go back to maining warlock. I really enjoyed the malefic grasp playstyle in Legion. Not sure if Sow the Seeds will be competitive enough on its own to compete with other classes, but I guess wanting Soul Flame back is a big ask. As always, it really depends on the tuning which slightly worries me when you'll be hardlocked to the covenant abilities. (Sidenote, 15+ year sub without alpha access, gg)
    ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    The fun factor would go up 1000x if WQs existed in vanilla

Quote Originally Posted by Sting View Post
    (Sidenote, 15+ year sub without alpha access, gg)
    Do you have a statue? I and a guildie do and we always get invited.

15+ Year Old Account
    Do you have a statue? I and a guildie do and we always get invited.
    Ye, I have one. EU though, maybe that's still a factor. Very little EU got into classic beta afaik. I'm not too sad, I got into BFA alpha so I'll probably be in wave 2-3.
    ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    The fun factor would go up 1000x if WQs existed in vanilla

10+ Year Old Account
    Afaik one of the factors that decide if you're gonna get alpha access is your participation in previous alpha/beta tests. Specially during alpha, they don't like people who just log in once or twice to check stuff out then uninstall.

Being active during an alpha pretty much guarantees future alpha access.

Still no weaker but soulshards instant spender for when you can't cast in pvp. Still dead on arrival in arena. Now that new honor talents unveiled, this is probably what they have in mind for locks. Another expansion they can't even spend soulshards in.

An easy fix for darkglare is that in addition to what it currently does it needs to:

- Apply all dots to your target when cast.
    - Spam casts malefic rapture without consuming your soul shards for its duration (rather than direct damage)
    - 1.5 minute cooldown
    - All damage taken by warlock is split with darkglare.

what do you think about "new" amplify curse, pvp talent?

Quote Originally Posted by takracobedah View Post
    An easy fix for darkglare is that in addition to what it currently does it needs to:

- Apply all dots to your target when cast.
    - Spam casts malefic rapture without consuming your soul shards for its duration (rather than direct damage)
    - 1.5 minute cooldown
    - All damage taken by warlock is split with darkglare.
    how would that be a fix? The problem is, that too much of our damage is loaded intro darkglare right now. In SL Unstable Affliction will become a regular DoT again and thus Darkglare loses much of it's usefulness. So they already solved the currently existing problem.

You want Affliction to revolve around Darkglare again. Your solution creates the problem we have now.

Can anyone explain how Malefic Rapture is supposed to work?

Once it is used, does it mean all the DoTs are removed and some damage is dealt based on how many DoTs were present on the target?

It's the unholy Dk spell epidemic, except the damage is increased per dot (unholy only has one dot). It doesn't interact with the dots it just does more damage for more dots so it's usable st and aoe.

So Malefic Rapture is basically the soul shards dump... Instead of Unstable Affliction.

And the worse part is that kind of resembles Deathbolt in it's mechanic, probably slightly better with a hint of cleave/aoe.
    I admit that I was not a big fan of the old UA with it's stacking dot mechanic that was acting more as a filler than a spender, but the new spender isn't terribly interesting either.

I was expecting something that has some interaction with the mastery stat, at the very least .

And one more thing, shadow bolt is terrible as a filler. It must be THE worst filler spell in all wow classes at the moment. Absolutely zero synergy with everything the affliction class has to offer. When I push the SB button, my mind is like "Damn!! I messed up my rotation ".

What are the chances to get rid of SB altogether and instead receive a talent that buffs Drain Life, which is one of the iconic warlock spells?