Poll: Have you hoarded for isolation?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Have you hoarded for the quarantine?

Who here has hoarded items for the quarantine or isolation?

Maybe you have a reason to do so since you are counted as vulnerable and can't go out for 12 weeks.

Maybe your doing so because your afraid of running out of needed items?

Maybe you haven't hoarded at all and just living week by week.

Also if you have, what have you stocked up on?
    Last edited by Trassk; 2020-04-07 at 08:38 PM.
    #boycottchina

No...no..and no...
    Not sick at all...and the supermarkets are still well-supplied...

Nope. Had plenty of TP from before the pandemic, and while stores were kinda barebones for a short while, they're back to being up on stock. Also the store I go to has limited the amount of stuff you can buy so there is no need to hoard.

No, but since our home delivery service (that i have used all the time, but now many many more is using it) are bad at replacing items with simular items now since they are overburden I have to order more.

So hoping to get one bag of rice I have to order 3 different brands, same with TP, Beer and smokes... Got 0 rice, 0 TP but a heck alot of beer and smokes ;-)

Hoarded, not really. Prepared yes. I typically have a months worth of supplies in reserve and really only do the bulk of my grocery shopping on the first. So for example right now I am good for a little shy of 60 days.
    I am not pro Flight, I am pro a better more engaging game. I just took the pro flight stance cause I knew Blizzard couldn't deliver. Looks like I was right

10+ Year Old Account
    No because the world isn't ending.

5+ Year Old Account
    No, I shop to replace what I've recently run out of. I'm in semi-isolation because I've had bad allergies the last few weeks but I don't want to put others at risk just in case.
    Moderator of the General Off-Topic, Politics, Lore, and RP Forums
    "If you have any concerns, let me know via PM. I'll do my best to assist you."

I stocked up on stuff I would need over a month ago. Just bought a bunch of food, cleaning supplies, and other stuff you'd need to stay inside for several months.

yep, every time i go to shop food i hoard all the vegetarian instant soba i can find.
    not like its a big deal. probably im the only one that eat it where i live

10+ Year Old Account
    Still in isolation, still not hoarding. There are some "exotic" items that I normally bulk shop for, but right now I'm not even doing that because I don't want to deal with package delivery while we're still more or less on lockdown. I haven't been out for my weekly shopping run so I'll find out how much more or less today or tomorrow, but aside from the usual Spring Festival supply hiccups even the small supermarket near me has stayed well supplied.
    With COVID-19 making its impact on our lives, I have decided that I shall hang in there for my remaining days, skip some meals, try to get children to experiment with making henna patterns on their skin, and plant some trees. You know -- live, fast, dye young, and leave a pretty copse. I feel like I may not have that quite right.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not in isolation, but thanks for reminding me I need to go to the store for some conditioner.

My life is normal except that everyone else seems to have lost their shit.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

7+ Year Old Account
    No for food because there's such a vast amount being created constantly that I don't see the point of hoarding. I always have around 30 items of canned food laying around and if I got 100 more because of this virus I think they would never get eaten.

For TP I always grab multiple carts at Costco and get a couple of those gigantic packs. I don't consider this "hoarding" though, I just hate going to Costco more than I need to.

7+ Year Old Account
    Nope, not planning on hoarding anything.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    No for food because there's such a vast amount being created constantly that I don't see the point of hoarding. I always have around 30 items of canned food laying around and if I got 100 more because of this virus I think they would never get eaten.

For TP I always grab multiple carts at Costco and get a couple of those gigantic packs. I don't consider this "hoarding" though, I just hate going to Costco more than I need to.
    In the last 3 tescos delivery slots there has been no toilet paper at all. I've had to buy up a bulk pack of 60 for £20 off ebay, some of which I offered to share with my brother and his family if they need it.
    #boycottchina

15+ Year Old Account
    No, supermarkets in Norway get stocked up daily, was maybe 1-2days were it was visible lack of goods, but that got sorted after next delivery, i dont get the madness behind hoarding.
    Not in isolation either
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope. There's no reason too. I wish people would tell that to everyone else though. The need for the Chicago PD to guard toilet paper and paper towels from people so they don't tackle the essential employee trying to get at the palette is getting old.
    “You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it.”― Malcolm X

I watch them fight and die in the name of freedom. They speak of liberty and justice, but for whom? -Ratonhnhaké:ton (Connor Kenway)

No, but I might start stocking up on some alcohol seeing that my local grocery stores mentioned they might come in less frequently.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    In the last 3 tescos delivery slots there has been no toilet paper at all. I've had to buy up a bulk pack of 60 for £20 off ebay, some of which I offered to share with my brother and his family if they need it.
    I see, I stocked up before everybody started going crazy. If I went in right now I'm sure I couldn't get more than 1 pack, if they even have any at all.

I never thought about getting TP online before, it sounds weird but now that I think about it it's really not that weird.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I see, I stocked up before everybody started going crazy. If I went in right now I'm sure I couldn't get more than 1 pack, if they even have any at all.

I never thought about getting TP online before, it sounds weird but now that I think about it it's really not that weird.
    Ebays become both a blessing but also reality check for the greed and hubris of people who brought out things early just to hike up the prices on it. I need to get skin cream for my hands due to dry skin condition, a tub of 300ml normally costing like £4 from my local store, but since isolation I had to look online and pay just under £20 for three tubs, which hopefully will last me a while.

same deal with soap, I could go for any type of soap but because of my skin problems I've been using very soft handwash like dove, which wasn't expensive to find before this. Now i've had to pay out like £10 for 2 bottles of 250ml handwash.

I guess the only upside is not having to pay for things like travel costs, eating out, and picking random stuff I'd do when shopping normally.
    #boycottchina

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm in isolation.

I bought an entire cupboard full of Easter eggs, bunny's etc. Junk food is marked as non-essential so I wanted to make sure I'm prepared for Sunday.