Poll: Have you hoarded for isolation?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I didn't, and the supermarkets here are having issues with some stuff, so maybe the mistake was on me for not being a greedy idiot like everyone else.

10+ Year Old Account
    am not hoarding but here stores are still recovering from the massive buying of toilet paper.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

7+ Year Old Account
    I stocked up a bit extra on a couple items that I will use pandemic or no: frozen vegetables and froze a few steaks and chickens. Otherwise been shopping "in a regular way" through Amazon Prime Now.

Edit:
    Oh, a couple things I have done that I rarely ever do: made a bunch of chicken and vegetable stock and froze it. Made enough dough for 6-10 loafs of bread and froze it.

Yeah, I'm a little paranoid.
    Last edited by callipygoustp; 2020-04-08 at 07:05 AM.

No .

I'm not in isolation and have not hoarded items for it.

With my profession i cant go into isolation unless its the end of the world.
    And since my company has almost everything on shelfs (food,water, toilet paper and medicine) their is no need to hoard since i got my supplies at work when it really comes to it.

No, and the 1-2 item per customer thing should be enforced a lot harder. I have everything I need but it's a pain in the ass sometimes, people are going crazy on fresh meat, rice, pasta etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    No.

Hoarding in this situation is kinda stupid. You're still allowed to go out to grocery stores and buy shit. You can still get shit delivered.

The people who hoarded toilet paper should be put in a rocketship and sent to the sun.
    Putin khuliyo

No. I was in self-isolation for 4 weeks due to a possible Covid-19 infection. I asked a family member to shop and deliver to my door during this period, so I didn't need to hoard.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

I stocked some food cans and extra rice bags for emergency reserve, otherwise I make purchases for two weeks. If I have to tap into the reserves they should last me additional two weeks or a little more. I didn't hoard more than that, because it seems Finnish stores can keep up well enough.

I don't think I can be counted among the vulnerable, as I merely have a mild asthma, so mild that I haven't taken any medication for it in years. Be that as it may I have isolated myself to my home to minimize spreading the virus. And tbh, there's been reporting that perfectly healthy people have gotten sick pretty bad. I'd rather not push my luck past visiting the store every two weeks and maybe visiting the nature every now and then.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

10+ Year Old Account
    As soon as i heared Italy was infected i went to store and got as much stuff as possible. The less i go out, the smaller the chance to get infected and also the mask usage is reduced. I kinda wish i got more chocolate .

I also took a vacation from work, just before it hit the country to reduce the change of getting something.

No, there isnt a food shortage, there is an increase of visible things for idiots to worry about.

a friend works for tesco, perhaps the biggest supermarket in the UK, they have just opened up another warehouse in my area so they can get food out faster to cope with the extra demand.

i also like to eat fresh veg so queueing two to 3 times a week is really annoying.

Nope. Hoarding is extremely selfish and stupid. Anyone who did so, should just get banned from visiting or buying (delivery) from stores for the next two months. Not enough food for that long? Well, then they can taste the nada they left for others with their hoarding in the first place.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

I live like two blocks from Whole Foods and a couple of other food stores. No need to hoard.

Did I hoard? No. Did a buy extra so that I do not have to go to the store for a few weeks? Yes.

I am immune compromised and I do not like being out right now, even to the grocery store. People should be buying extra if possible and not going to the store every day or every few days.

Not at all. It is the presence of mind in untried emergencies that the native metal of man is tested.

No hoarding; moving across the country in a couple months and need to get the condo ready for sale. Sucks that sooooo many cleaning supplies are in short supply now. I just look at the empty shelves and think “how dirty was everybody before this started?!”
    "We must make our choice. We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both."
    -Louis Brandeis

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azadina View Post
    Nope. Hoarding is extremely selfish and stupid. Anyone who did so, should just get banned from visiting or buying (delivery) from stores for the next two months. Not enough food for that long? Well, then they can taste the nada they left for others with their hoarding in the first place.
    plus they should be charged a hoarder tax of several dollars per transaction for every transaction after that in perpetuity.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gestopft View Post
    No hoarding; moving across the country in a couple months and need to get the condo ready for sale. Sucks that sooooo many cleaning supplies are in short supply now. I just look at the empty shelves and think “how dirty was everybody before this started?!”
    you won't believe how filthy some people can live.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.