Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    Never been a huge fan of that as Elemental to be honest.

Enhancement gets all the fun stuff from Elemental and what does Elemental get?
    Primal Strike.

Yep.
    The spell blade idea would've been cool back in the day when you could have a pure auto-attack class. Put a talent deep in Ele that increases the damage of flametongue/frostbrand weapon so much that you can just dps with it lol. Then have searing totem be an actual thing. A lot of people thought they would go down that path because of the Shadowhunter from WC3. But instead they went down this path of summoning elementals and extra attacks on separate CDs and being obsessed with radial AOEs.

I think they found that no one alive actually likes totems, using them, having to destroy them, etc because they nerfed or removed PVP and high frequency totems faster than you could blink your eyeballs.

i feel that some things are just being changed for 'old times sake' rather than an actual reason

for example Searing Totem is just a silly uninspired ability that feels like a chore than something you want to do, essentially it reads: your attacks hit for 1% less and you have to waste a gcd every time you move in order to summon a totem that deals 1% of your total dmg

Rockbitter, Flametongue and Frostbrand are also cool skills, i'm not super excited to replace them with shocks

as for Maelstorm i don't care tbh, as long as the pacing is right without it, however in some cases like Overcharge Maelstorm as a resource feels much better than Maelstrom Weapon as a buff

the rest of the returning stuff are cool

Never been a huge fan of that as Elemental to be honest.

Enhancement gets all the fun stuff from Elemental and what does Elemental get?
    Primal Strike.

Yep.
    To be fair, there's not much specific to the melee aspect of Enhancement that would serve Elemental well. Elemental still operates on lava burst, which Enhance doesn't use, as well as chain lightning (which is clunky for Enhance).

When they decided to implement maelstrom weapons the first time, Lightning Bolt/CL became the big nuke for Enhance, whereas for Elemental it was filler.

Elemental cast Flame Shock, Lava Burst, then just LB for filler.

Enhance would build up 5 stacks to use a massive LB, with stormstrike, lava lash, and flame shock being filler.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kosajk View Post
    although having cast time or not from time to time on ability is not same to using it different way :P
    tbh for SL i would like to see
    - wolfs healing for % of dmg done, maybe having elemental wolfs baseline to have some more synergy
    - some decent defensive CD
    - ancestral guidance
    - scrap searing totem again or give ability to strike enemy and re position all active totems to your location with ~10 sec cd (maybe talent option)
    - baseline ascendance
    - instant hex for enh ffs
    - scraping SS spam mechanic and making it more impact-full, 15-20% chance to proc but actually hit like a truck to have that "fuck yeah!!!" moments when it proc 3-4 times in a row
    Elemental uses LB as filler, Enhance (when maelstrom weapons was first implemented) used it as a gigantic damage nuke after getting 5 stacks. They used it entirely different. One was for when everything else was on cd and did measly damage, the other was your nuke.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaelthon
    do i wanting my cat come the expansion due to signifying a reroll fresh scratch the night elf mage?

Quote Originally Posted by wushootaki View Post
    To be fair, there's not much specific to the melee aspect of Enhancement that would serve Elemental well.
    While i generally agree with your Assessment, i also feel like that Blizzard is not even trying.

Their only attempt at somehow solving that was Unleash Elements, the weapon enchants belonged thematically to Enhancement but the execution was completely botched at least for Elemental.
    Flametongue was essentially the only good one and still saw only limited use w/o optional talents (Unleashed Fury) and the remaining weapon enchants were just terrible / fringe.

Outside of that, there's Primal Strike, which is obviously a terrible ability.
    I mean, you could do something with the idea, maybe some additional effect on Primal Strike for Ele / Resto which knocks the opponent away, or something that at least has some form of use for Ele which involves the weapon enchants or melee weapon itself, without turning Ele into some caster that wants to stand in Melee range.

Or maybe just give Elemental a really amazing ability, Lava burst just gets used far too frequently to feel good / special.

Or maybe just give Elemental a really amazing ability, Lava burst just gets used far too frequently to feel good / special.
    They did it's called Elemental Blast. Sadly it's been ruined over the years.

Quote Originally Posted by Thestrawman View Post
    They did it's called Elemental Blast. Sadly it's been ruined over the years.
    Considering that it used to be an Enhancement talent as well (and is becoming one in SL again), i think that's not really true.
    While it absolutely did fit Elemental thematically, it was just a talent with an amazing animation, the actual effect wasn't that unique.

You could turn into a core Elemental ability, but that would mean you'd have to remove it from Enhancement and rework the spell into something else.
    Even as a "alternate Earth shock", i don't think it really carries the feeling of a signature ability.

If it had an effect like that of the Necrolord covenant ability, that'd be a different story.

i so dont miss flame shock. the enhancement reworks in legion was one of the better ones and its mind boggling why were going back to mana and stacks. its basically combo points via rng.