Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyomesh2 View Post
    This is utter bullshit. Just wrong. These are entire abilities that will make or break your performance in certain areas. Being hardlocked into having amazing AoE or amazing Single target is bullshit and needs to be changed sooner than later. End of the discussion.
    How though, seriously? Even a more serious situation right now in BfA with corruptions - As a shaman in m+ with no twilight devastation (I have oozing blood and some % to haste/mastery), I still can compete pretty well with other classes that do have twilight devastation. Sure, they'll spike on large AoE pulls and generally will do more damage on trash pulls, but for the overall dungeon...there's very minimal difference between having and not having it.

Covenant abilities all seem fairly strong so far with no extreme outliers. So yeah, unless you're someone that is literally pushing for maximum performance...most players won't see a crazy difference in their overall output when deciding between the covenant abilities we currently know about.

Then again, this is literally Day 2 of Alpha and we're already complaining about a system we hardly know about. Just typical of the community to overreact about something that is DEFINITELY not as bad as Azerite or Corruptions. Azerite and Corruptions are random, at least we have a damn choice with covenants.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    yeah nah mate, pretty decent into mythic, i will be doing just that, plus i run talents i like not the BEST

Two things:

If you feel that way then you probably aren't a serious raider.

If you haven't already killed N'zoth on Mythic then you probably aren't a serious raider.

My post probably doesn't apply to you.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hctaz View Post
    Two things:

If you haven't already killed N'zoth on Mythic then you probably aren't a serious raider.

"Only 245 guilds are serious raiders" lol yeaaaah sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    My ideas are objectively good

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    "Only 245 guilds are serious raiders" lol yeaaaah sure.
    I mean... basically yeah. There are literally guilds 11/12M who are labeled as semi-casual/semi-hardcore. If you're "SEMI" then you aren't serious lol

Actually, show me a guild who ISN'T 12/12M that is listed as "hardcore"

I mean... basically yeah. There are literally guilds 11/12M who are labeled as semi-casual/semi-hardcore. If you're "SEMI" then you aren't serious lol

Actually, show me a guild who ISN'T 12/12M that is listed as "hardcore"
    I imagine there are a few by now. This raid is one of the most disgusting stat checks raids ive seen in a while, If you manage to get ra-den down and have a guild decked out with good corruption you usually finish up pretty quickly. By now the two night a week raiding guilds will have started to finish.

You have to remember though that the wow community will label any mythic raiding as hard core even if those are the only six hours a week you play the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Laughingjack View Post
    I imagine there are a few by now. This raid is one of the most disgusting stat checks raids ive seen in a while, If you manage to get ra-den down and have a guild decked out with good corruption you usually finish up pretty quickly. By now the two night a week raiding guilds will have started to finish.

You have to remember though that the wow community will label any mythic raiding as hard core even if those are the only six hours a week you play the game.
    Yeah. Legit was in a guild in Legion that raided 2 nights a week. World 202 guild, US 64th Mythic Antorus. Not a serious raiding guild LOL

We were literally called No Bads Allowed. Dude had another guild called Girls Are Yucky (AKA GAY).

That is not what I'd call serious exactly, but even I got pushback for not playing the "proper spec" for every single fight.

Oh we also didn't do splits either.

Ion will read this thread soonish and for sure will alter their key xpac feature because your doom saying convinced him you know better whats good for the game than him / Blizzard.
    /kappa

Quote Originally Posted by Rainyhealz View Post
    Please please please keep the covenant spells and benefits for the outside world. Do not bring them into raids where we have to min/max and ignore the other 3. DO NOT bring them into pvp where DH can go full pepega and teleport onto of you as if you had any chance to escape before this.

Dont be stupid, make balancing easier by taking these spells out of pvp and raids and dungeons.
    Heard this a lot of times before. Wotlk, cata, mists yadda yadda yadda. Most likely be in pvp even though its a just a fucking joke with corruption and Ion is happy is happy about it. And for raids who cares.

I doubt it. They seem fun.

Maybe the population shouldn't have made a fucking esport out of an MMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Boddhi View Post
    Ion will read this thread soonish and for sure will alter their key xpac feature because your doom saying convinced him you know better whats good for the game than him / Blizzard.
    /kappa
    Ion doesn't even play the game. His shaman is still in greens. ... also who the hell /kappa in 2020

"where we have to min/max"

And thats where you lost your arguement.

Quote Originally Posted by Zillbert View Post
    Maybe the population shouldn't have made a fucking esport out of an MMO.
    Meanwhile at Blizzard HQ:
    Let's make another MDI / Arena Tournament.

How many times will "something" always ruin the game? I get that some things from certain expansions sucked, such as the Azerite system, etc. But, NO SYSTEM HAS EVER RUINED THE GAME! You guys say this every expansion, yet you still play it, or move on for a time and come back. Chill out, buddy.

Also, why are these bad? Blizzard's recognizing our Legion given titles once more.

How can more spells to use ruin the game?
    Expansion Storylines ranking:

Legion > Cataclysm > MoP > BfA up to 8.2.5 > Wrath > TBC > WoD > Dragonflight > BfA 8.3 > Shadowlands

Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    How many times will "something" always ruin the game? I get that some things from certain expansions sucked, such as the Azerite system, etc. But, NO SYSTEM HAS EVER RUINED THE GAME! You guys say this every expansion, yet you still play it, or move on for a time and come back. Chill out, buddy.

Also, why are these bad? Blizzard's recognizing our Legion given titles once more.
    Legion given titles, where every shaman was handed a doom hammer. Dumbest idea ever, making everybody special makes nobody special.. just caters to the casual jaja shit players from ragnaros. Lfr =biggest mistake in wow

Quote Originally Posted by Rainyhealz View Post
    Legion given titles, where every shaman was handed a doom hammer. Dumbest idea ever, making everybody special makes nobody special.. just caters to the casual jaja shit players from ragnaros. Lfr =biggest mistake in wow
    Yes, every single player was given a Doomhammer, and that does not matter at all, because the content you did, whether you were a casual or not, boosted your artifact in different kinds of ways. LFR was also a Cata addition, which was boosted from the LFD system in WoTLK, which came right after Outland gave the players flying so that they could go around Azeroth quicker, which came after Classic, which gave players maps and shit like that to make a more casual yet fun MMO experience. Ya know? The same classic where you can now beat raids in green gear? Such a special time, am I right?

"just caters to the casual jaja shit players from ragnaros" Casuals never beat the Mage Tower, never got past LFR/Normal, etc. So, no, the game didn't "cater" to just them. The game was more casual friendly, yes. But that in itself is not an issue. Being casual friendly does not mean you're catering towards them.

"Lfr =biggest mistake in wow" Why? Cause Casuals can experience raids you can just experience on Normal difficulty anyway? (Normal is fucking easy, btw) Why do you care? The gear given in LFR is just there to give Players a boost so that, when they enter Normal, they aren't totally out geared to shit. That's not catering to them. That's just them being more friendly towards the casual playerbase. Why does this piss you off?

And the title of Highlord and shit is also fine, cause you have to do a great class questline just to obtain it. Where as, with most other roles (Key word being most, not all), you can just obtain them VIA simple quests or legacy raiding.

perhaps it's blizzard forcing you to either be tryhard and have 4xclass OR to accept that you should not min-max to death and just enjoy the game

Cant wait for the posts in day 2 of Shadowlands: Whaah, groups decline me because I picked pepega covenant instead of what is actually good, whaah blizzard sucks.

Two things:

And blizzard shouldn't cater to such a small portion of the playerbase. Game design should be about the 90%, not the 1%.

Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Yes, every single player was given a Doomhammer, and that does not matter at all, because the content you did, whether you were a casual or not, boosted your artifact in different kinds of ways. LFR was also a Cata addition, which was boosted from the LFD system in WoTLK, which came right after Outland gave the players flying so that they could go around Azeroth quicker, which came after Classic, which gave players maps and shit like that to make a more casual yet fun MMO experience. Ya know? The same classic where you can now beat raids in green gear? Such a special time, am I right?

"just caters to the casual jaja shit players from ragnaros" Casuals never beat the Mage Tower, never got past LFR/Normal, etc. So, no, the game didn't "cater" to just them. The game was more casual friendly, yes. But that in itself is not an issue. Being casual friendly does not mean you're catering towards them.

"Lfr =biggest mistake in wow" Why? Cause Casuals can experience raids you can just experience on Normal difficulty anyway? (Normal is fucking easy, btw) Why do you care? The gear given in LFR is just there to give Players a boost so that, when they enter Normal, they aren't totally out geared to shit. That's not catering to them. That's just them being more friendly towards the casual playerbase. Why does this piss you off?

And the title of Highlord and shit is also fine, cause you have to do a great class questline just to obtain it. Where as, with most other roles (Key word being most, not all), you can just obtain them VIA simple quests or legacy raiding.
    I would actually agree that LFR is a cancer that should never have happened, just for a different reason. It shows people who do not participate in organized raiding the most cancerous, toxic and twisted peek at what raiding could be. Because I think that the intent behind LFR was to bring more people to organized raiding, while it does the exact opposite. So instead it should have been a solo experience of moderate difficulty where you could really see the raid and see a few abilities of the bosses.