Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Herald of the Titans PickleballAce's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah... as much as you don't want to get into "given an inch, take a mile" territory, if Balance and Resto are getting Roar back, Feral and Guardian (at least Feral) should get Innervate.

I'm sad that they're not getting rid of the Eclipse system and lunar power for balance druids.
    ...that's just my opinion, anyway.

All of this cosmological stuff is too boring for me. I'd like to get Warcraft back, please. my thing is killing defias and orcs.

Quote Originally Posted by Rethul Ur No View Post
    Yeah it was the post above my first one in this chain of thought:
    You do realise that's not the person you just responded to?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by guisadop View Post
    I'm sad that they're not getting rid of the Eclipse system and lunar power for balance druids.
    Honestly, I'm sad they're not getting rid of Astral Power.

For one, anything that can be abbreviated AP is just triggering at this point, after 2 expansions of it lol

But also, not every class/spec needs to have a builder/spender gameplay loop -- I wish they would (re-)learn that. Balance was so much better with just Eclipse, or even before Eclipse...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by guisadop View Post
    I will say that one thing I low-key dislike about Balance in BFA would be Wrath and Lunar Strike having a chance to empower the other.

While some RNG was a very welcome addition, I hate repeatedly alternating longer and shorter casts. At least in Legion you could burn through one set of empowerments, then the other if you wished.

I do kind of like the rhythm of proc'ing one filler,
    then the other...as long as you're not chain-casting for too long.

Pretty sure that's just me though.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    You do realise that's not the person you just responded to?
    You asked where someone brought up full hybridization and I supplied the answer.

BTW, I already clarified that I'm not talking about current levels of hybrid off-healing/tanking (which I have no problem with) only a hypothetically expanded ability to fulfill other roles, which should naturally come with an increasing DPS penalty the better hybrids are at doing so.
    Last edited by PickleballAce; 2020-04-12 at 03:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rethul Ur No View Post
    BTW, I already clarified that I'm not talking about current levels of hybrid off-healing/tanking (which I have no problem with) only a hypothetically expanded ability to fulfill other roles, which should naturally come with an increasing DPS penalty the better hybrids are at doing so.

Honestly is this just an ESL thing?
    No, you haven't clarified that. You haven't even said that. You also didn't add anything to the discussion that hasn't already been said thrice.

In fact, you mostly belittled other people while failing to keep track of who you're even talking to and what their arguments are.

I love the Bloodtalons change. I might actually use it in its new iteration.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    No, you haven't clarified that. You haven't even said that. You also didn't add anything to the discussion that hasn't already been said thrice.

In fact, you mostly belittled other people while failing to keep track of who you're even talking to and what their arguments are.
    I responded to Whitepaw's post, then you and Lucrece came in to argue the point on their behalf. Were you under the impression that I thought Lucrece was Whitepaw? I'd be very interested in understanding why...

And yes, I did clarify. Check post #64. It's edited but you can see the time stamp anyway.
    Last edited by PickleballAce; 2020-04-12 at 04:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by VinceVega View Post
    i am actually healing quite a bit in Mythic+ as an non resto. Or if the healer dies. In necrotic weaks i offtank for the tank to loose stacks.

I use the hybrid stuff everywhere except raiding where i just heal a bit soemtimes
    So much this. Even gimped as hell all the forms have uses and juggling them at apropriate times saves wipes, allows runs to happen that wouldn't, all sorts of things.

Very happy with the affinity boosts and HotW (although I'd love boosts not tied to affinity but oh well).

That said: combining bringing hybrid play back while also possibly over-complicated the balance rotation is a win-lose; it'll make the dps loss for hybrid play that much worse, and I'm hopping they'll create a smoother version of the eclipse play than WolK, which put me off the game entirely save free weekends until Legion.

It already sounds as if they'll be giving us more control over the pendulumn, and hopefully a better base UI to work with it so you're not forced into mods.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythicalchicken View Post
    So much this. Even gimped as hell all the forms have uses and juggling them at apropriate times saves wipes, allows runs to happen that wouldn't, all sorts of things.

Very happy with the affinity boosts and HotW (although I'd love boosts not tied to affinity but oh well).

That said: combining bringing hybrid play back while also possibly over-complicated the balance rotation is a win-lose; it'll make the dps loss for hybrid play that much worse, and I'm hopping they'll create a smoother version of the eclipse play than WolK, which put me off the game entirely save free weekends until Legion.

It already sounds as if they'll be giving us more control over the pendulumn, and hopefully a better base UI to work with it so you're not forced into mods.
    I'm leaving the Affinity/HotW alone for now, as that's a whole can of worms I don't want to open right now.

However, the current version of Eclipse on the alpha is... well, it's pretty much everything you don't want from your description of what you like. There isn't a balance bar, it's basically proccing a buff that empowers Wrath/Starfire with an internal CD (not guaranteed to proc it immediately either). The way a solar/lunar eclipse procs is that you have to use the opposite spell school to proc, so if you want lunar eclipse you have to cast Wrath to fish for procs, and if you want solar eclipse you need to cast Starfire to fish for procs. CA gives us both eclipses, but that's the only way to have both and manually reset ICD's. The spec is still builder-spender, but the eclipse mechanic is just clunky as hell because you have to cast the "wrong" spell in order to proc the "right" eclipse... basically it's not really an intuitive system and not very responsive either. Yes, it's alpha and the spec likely isn't finished, but the BfA version of the rotation is a lot more intuitive than what we're seeing on the alpha thus far, even it is the stereotype builder-spender, as you can instantly switch between ST/AoE/cleave efficiently unlike the eclipse system.

If they can make the eclipse system more responsive and intuitive, I'm all for it. However, what we're seeing is multiple layered moonkin systems with the best parts taken out. At least Starfall does damage now.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

Starfall seems the only good change for core Moonkin abilities, i.e. not counting added utility like Roar etc. Especially since it FINALLY seems to work with not hitting things you're not in combat with (but I'm sure it'll bug out plenty of times and ruin M+ keys).

The actual Eclipse rotation is wild AF and not at all enjoyable to play. Instead of being either entirely proactive (you build towards it in a steady way) or entirely reactive (anything can proc at any time and you roll with it) it's somewhere in an utterly dissatisfying middle, where you fish for procs and kind of get it on the regular but also kind of get screwed by RNG sometimes - which just feels MISERABLE to play, especially if you want to game the system for specific things like empowering the right AoE etc.

What was wrong with bar-based Eclipse of old?

If affinity is what is going to make you hyped i'd love to be you. I really hope Guardian/Feral get some love, I really can't stand being called a meat shield with no more health than a DK/DH. Wouldn't mind RotS back in some form, and maybe give us our slow back on thrash. Feral needs a good changing, moonfire baseline, maybe even SR.

Quote Originally Posted by neocount View Post
    I love the Bloodtalons change. I might actually use it in its new iteration.
    How has Bloodtalons changed?

Quote Originally Posted by Whitepaw View Post
    How has Bloodtalons changed?
    Feral
    Fierce felines will see their Bloodtalons Talent reimagined, tapping into their primal power. When Feral Druids use Shred, Rake, and Ferocious Bite in quick succession, the damage of their next Rip will increase dramatically.

To which they added recently this note:

–Bloodtalons: The goals of Bloodtalons were 1) to keep the things we think people saw as cool about it (adding some planning to the rotation, snapshot bleeds are a good payoff for a bit of complexity) while getting rid of the weirdness of using Regrowth as a trigger. Many people dislike the latter, and frankly we think it’s pretty weird too. We don’t have an exact further revision to report yet, but the feedback is making me think it still needs to somehow buff spells other than Rip.

Thx, Neo

/10char