View Poll Results: Is Covid an offensive name for a Bat?

Voters
111. This poll is closed
  • Yes

43 38.74%
  • No

68 61.26%
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by khazlol View Post
    Well it's not offensive to me, but it is a current event and people are dying. i imagine some might find it tasteless.

Probably just a case of to soon.
    This is the main problem.

I mean... for example, my Dad died at the start of the month because of this bullshit of a virus, i personally won't be bothered by the name because of this, but others that may have had a similar experience, may be easily bothered, so yeah, its mostly timing or how Ragnaros said:

TOO SOON! YOU HAVE AWAKEN ME TOO SOON EXECUTUS!

5+ Year Old Account
    Name it Taiwan or Thailand.
    “I've noticed that everybody that is for abortion has already been born.”
    ― Ronald Regan

Quote Originally Posted by Lubefist View Post
    As a someone who's gone through years of therapy and have bad case of PTSD among other issues due to sexual abuse I can tell you that it's not fucking fine to joke about some things. If person X's need to joke about some issue surpasses his empathy and potential triggering and hurting someone, then he's a complete cunt as a person plain and simple.
    Forum name is Lubefist, admits to creating characters named Fister and Sisterfister

Goes on internet forum calling people a cunt and says no one is allowed to joke about sex things because they claim they were sexually assaulted.

The irony.
    Leadsop - Beast Mastery Hunter
    <Godz of War> Sargeras - US

Leadsoprano - Gunnery Trooper
    Leadmello - Kinetic Combat Jedi Shadow
    <Severity Gaming> Prophecy of the Five - US

I had a Nelf warrior named Ashanial who got flagged for a name change, still no idea why...

However, I run around on my human rogue named Cumdump and apparently that's fine

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    stop taking yourself so seriously. Just get over it.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hunterwep View Post
    You probably wouldn't get banned if you named your Rogue: Serialkiller.
    But hell on earth if you name your rogue something none existent like Serialsapist...
    I never understood why our society is way more sensitive to sexual abuse than murder, when the latter one is clearly worse. It's no problem to kill and headshot everything in games, but imagine the outcry if there was a quest in WoW to rape a few elves. Unimaginable. Why? Whats going on here? Someone enlighten me plz.

Quote Originally Posted by Hunterwep View Post
    So this just happened.

My hunter has a Noxious PLAGUE bat from Eastern Plaguelands. (WoW Classic)
    Due to current events I thought it would be funny to name him: Covid.
    In a "roleplaying matter" I also started collecting Spell Damage / Healing Gear to "cure" Covid.
    (Don't worry, I never needed on such items if casters were still after them!)

A few people I grouped with found it hilarious and I had many nice comments and laughs about it.
    Nobody ever whispered me anything negative about it.
    Yet some reported me. Personally I suspect the opposite faction or people at the same farm location.

So by this I want to make a poll to ask what other people think about it.

And share yours if you ever got temporary banned for a ridiculous naming reason.
    It's not offensive and you shouldn't have been forced to rename IMO, but it's cringe af and super childish.

The fact that you can't get over with it and argue about it just makes it worse.