Horde All time meele wants to roll priest

Hey guys,

since I can remember I played meele DPS or Tank.
    Retail WoW --> Warrior
    Lotro --> Champion
    Guild Wars --> Guardian
    ESO --> Dragon...uhm....Can't remember but meele dps

Now, with classic, I want to live my support atitude. I love beeing helpful, heal here and there.
    Someone is getting low health while questing?...I jump in and get him a heal.

What I dont know for sure is: Is it a big change to play a ranged DPS/Healer?
    I hope you understand what's my point. Maybe some of you made that choice already?

Looking forward for your help

Thanks guys

Quote Originally Posted by Holocena View Post
    Hey guys,

since I can remember I played meele DPS or Tank.
    Retail WoW --> Warrior
    Lotro --> Champion
    Guild Wars --> Guardian
    ESO --> Dragon...uhm....Can't remember but meele dps

Now, with classic, I want to live my support atitude. I love beeing helpful, heal here and there.

I hope you understand what's my point. Maybe some of you made that choice already?

Looking forward for your help

Thanks guys
    Biggest thing u will feel is the cast time on stuff. Since melee abilities r almost always instant.

And worrying about interrupts if u pvp.

Quote Originally Posted by Holocena View Post

If you go PvP servers, switch to shadow and allways keep your shield up. It will keep solo rogues away and thats all what matters.

You can heal/buff just as much as shadow while leveling but a heal priest is just a target dummy for any melee and there is no thing such as doing DPS with a heal spec in classic. It took lots of expansions and changes to the game to be able to play a heal class outside of raids. Classic does not allow such thing and leveling / playing outside of a raid with a heal spec is not fun nor rewarding.

And yes switching to shadow after raid-days is really annoying and will punish your gold amount over time. This is the reason why HEALERS either went full ALTs for farming/playing outside of the raid or just switched to shadow for a while to get farming / anything done in the game. Playing a healer without a full guild support is painfull and not really enjoyable in classic. Get a DPS and be his "HEAL-Buddy" or man-up and switch to your hybrid-DPS spec.

Play a hybrid outside of the raid, its better for yourself and better for your sorounding if you dont need constant babysitting.
    Last edited by Ange; 2019-07-02 at 08:36 AM.
    -

I re-rolled at one point...getting use to cast timers took a bit but not a big deal.

10+ Year Old Account
    With all the wanding you'll be doing it won't feel too much different.
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by Nfinitii View Post
    Biggest thing u will feel is the cast time on stuff. Since melee abilities r almost always instant.

And worrying about interrupts if u pvp.
    This. Was kitty/bear from classic through Legion. When the Kara patch dropped I thought to myself, "I got the scythe and twig sitting in my banks, might as well try them out." Took quite a while to adapt to cast times and such.

5+ Year Old Account
    I would love to help you, but you need to undestand that in WoW even more in Classic the Holy trinity its everywhere, it just need to jump out of the monitor and smack you in the face (dont dare to play feral dps druid). WoW doesnt have support classes, you have hybrids that sometimes outdps outtank outheal standard class/specs.
    Now by seeing that you played Guardian in GWs i can see that the 2 best classes that "feels like that" are Protection/holy road Paladin and Priest Disc Tree. Beyond of that Resto/balance Druid its the best for pvp. Even shamans can be damage/support/heal in situations.

My recomendation, go Holy Pally, you will have spot in raids, you will deal damage to oponents, you will be tanky and usefull on every enviroment. And off course, you will support. Only problem, its the gear, i believe the best pally gear its mail/plate with int and spirit? i am not sure.

I've misread the tittle, but it's still true! Be ready because all melee will want to roll you. And by roll I mean roll over.

I play 95% as melee...tried many casters/ranged.

Spriest sticks to me...and i keep it