Page 1 of 2
1
2
LastLast
  1. #1

    Pain getting removed

    This is dumb. Yes, Pain and Fury are effectively the same resource, but the name Pain for Vengeance's resource is an evocative and effective description, which is exactly what the name of a resource is supposed to do -- all things equal, you might as well just call them both "Energy", or call a paladin's resource "Combo Points" just like a rogue.

    This is homogenization for the sake of it. It has nothing to do with the real problem of specs being too different, which is about players switching specs and getting a completely different loadout of abilities that they don't know how to use.
    Quote Originally Posted by matrix123mko View Post
    She lost against Arthas for purpose. She wanted to feed Quel'thalas to hungering darkness.

  2. #2
    Should just be called fel energy or something anyways. We literally empower ourselves with fel power, why is our resource "fury" or "pain". Also talk about a non-issue to bitch about, like seriously of everything announced the changing the name of our power bar is the one that seems wrong to you?

  3. #3
    I'm happy with it, made absolutely no sense to have two of the same resource but with a different name.

    And you can't call them "Energy" because that already exists. And it's fundamentally different to Fury, because it generates automatically over time while Fury generates from our actions. Rogues have Energy and it regens passively over time, Hunters have Focus because it regens slowly over time but they can also generate it from their skills, Fury and Pain are the same though, neither generate passively and they both come from skills. So they should just have the same name.
    Last edited by Rucati; 2020-04-08 at 11:14 AM.

  4. #4
    It doesn't matter if it's "removed" or not its literally a name that has no impact on the game. I guess people will find anything to complain about these days. People are dying but lets get salty about a resources name!
    Last edited by Tech614; 2020-04-08 at 07:53 AM.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    "Energy" because that already exists for Hunters... But both Hunters and Rogues have the same exact resource, which is why they're both called Energy.
    For Hunter's it's called Focus, and it functions similar to Pain/Fury except that it starts out full instead of empty.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teffi
    You play a game for 20+ hours a week and you're "an addict".
    You sit on your fat ass eating nachos and watching men in tight pants throw a ball around for 20+ hours a week and you're "a man".
    Sometimes, I just can't even:
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx
    It's just an assertion, so it's neither logical nor illogical.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by xGLxAnubis View Post
    For Hunter's it's called Focus, and it functions similar to Pain/Fury except that it starts out full instead of empty.
    It also regens naturally like Energy and not like Fury.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    It doesn't matter if it's "removed" or not its literally a name that has no impact on the game. I guess people will find anything to complain about these days. People are dying but lets get salty cause about a resources name!
    People are dying but lets go on forums and complain about people. Get the fuck out of here

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormwolf64 View Post
    People are dying but lets go on forums and complain about people. Get the fuck out of here
    Yes let's complain about annoying people who clutter a forum with irrelevant complaints. That's at least more productive then complaining about shit that doesn't matter, when you have to read this useless garbage. They can change the name of throw glaive into throw dildo and it does nothing to change the game. Imagine getting triggered by a name.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Yes let's complain about annoying people who clutter a forum with irrelevant complaints. That's at least more productive then complaining about shit that doesn't matter, when you have to read this useless garbage. They can change the name of throw glaive into throw dildo and it does nothing to change the game. Imagine getting triggered by a name.
    Go out and do some volunteer work work if you want to use "people dying" as any argument for anything. Otherwise keep your mouth shut.
    Last edited by Stormwolf64; 2020-04-08 at 08:27 AM.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormwolf64 View Post
    Go out
    No, don't, that's the whole point.

    As for the change I like it, it doesn't really matter but having the exact same res. with 2 names was a bit silly (at least the other similar res. have slight differences).

    But if they want to bring more commonality to the specs, maybe a better start would be combining the main nukes ? Chaos Strike, Soul Cleave and Shear should be available to all, Shear should get Dark Slash's effect for Havoc, and Felblade becomes baseline.
    Last edited by Somnium; 2020-04-08 at 09:57 AM.

  11. #11
    Don't you have a bigger PAIN to care about? Let your FURY out at it then.

    It's just a rename, you will forget about it soon. Besides, no other class has different names for the same resource. They could as well rename it Rage and give it red colour for the sake of simplicity. Fury, Rage, practically synonyms, and they work the same - getting some points from attacks and/or abilities to be used as "currency" to cast spells.

    Focus on the talented Demonic on baseline Fel Devastation goodness... Mmmm...

  12. #12
    Old God Mirishka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Get off my lawn!
    Posts
    10,674
    Quote Originally Posted by kansor View Post
    This is dumb. Yes, Pain and Fury are effectively the same resource, but the name Pain for Vengeance's resource is an evocative and effective description, which is exactly what the name of a resource is supposed to do -- all things equal, you might as well just call them both "Energy", or call a paladin's resource "Combo Points" just like a rogue.

    This is homogenization for the sake of it. It has nothing to do with the real problem of specs being too different, which is about players switching specs and getting a completely different loadout of abilities that they don't know how to use.
    Just when I think I've seen everything people will complain about, you appear and you're complaining about the name of a resource bar.

    Good lord.
    My greatest fear is that one day, my MMO-Champion ignore list will run out of space.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Somnium View Post
    No, don't, that's the whole point.

    As for the change I like it, it doesn't really matter but having the exact same res. with 2 names was a bit silly (at least the other similar res. have slight differences).

    But if they want to bring more commonality to the specs, maybe a better start would be combining the main nukes ? Chaos Strike, Soul Cleave and Shear should be available to all, Shear should get Dark Slash's effect for Havoc, and Felblade becomes baseline.
    That totally depends on what country you live in

  14. #14
    Vengeance dh's are evolving!

    Right now they are still being emo and get power pain after they get hit. Perhaps they even cut themselves a bit!

    Now they are going even further!

    Getting hurt makes them angry! Rawr! All that pain makes them furious! Raaaah! Therefore all pain is converted into fury!


    Makes sense!

  15. #15
    yesterday was kinda hilarious for me, I only have a DH alt, basically just to try it and out and level a bit
    I had no idea the two resources had different names, I was staring a good 5 mins at the DH class changes list trying to figure out what the hell the difference is if any beyond the name

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormwolf64 View Post
    Go out
    lol.

    Quote Originally Posted by Enosh View Post
    yesterday was kinda hilarious for me, I only have a DH alt, basically just to try it and out and level a bit
    I had no idea the two resources had different names, I was staring a good 5 mins at the DH class changes list trying to figure out what the hell the difference is if any beyond the name
    They might as well do it with abilities too since with the new changes they're making Vengeance play more like Havoc with Fel Devastation being a baseline eye beam now, and having demonic as a talent. The 2 specs can keep their unique graphics for abilities but why have spells named differently that do the same shit.

  17. #17
    Scarab Lord
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    One path
    Posts
    4,086
    Should've just called it rage since that's what it is.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by kansor View Post
    This is dumb. Yes, Pain and Fury are effectively the same resource, but the name Pain for Vengeance's resource is an evocative and effective description, which is exactly what the name of a resource is supposed to do -- all things equal, you might as well just call them both "Energy", or call a paladin's resource "Combo Points" just like a rogue.

    This is homogenization for the sake of it. It has nothing to do with the real problem of specs being too different, which is about players switching specs and getting a completely different loadout of abilities that they don't know how to use.
    I actually used to find it annoying that both specs had a different resource color. They work exactly the same.

  19. #19
    To infinity and beyond det's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    The forums
    Posts
    35,945
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    It doesn't matter if it's "removed" or not its literally a name that has no impact on the game. I guess people will find anything to complain about these days. People are dying but lets get salty about a resources name!
    Well..agreed. The "People are dying part" isn't necessary (because they always do) but complaining about a change in name? Not even the removal or sth..just a re-naming?

    Jesus....I guess I wouldn't even have noticed it

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Tiwack View Post
    Should've just called it rage since that's what it is.
    Warriors have a TM on that though

  20. #20
    Scarab Lord
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    One path
    Posts
    4,086
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Warriors have a TM on that though
    Bear druids don't care though
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •