Page 13 of 37 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Mostly diet.
    I changed my diet due to corona (cut out meat, fish, eggs and dairy products - not exactly vegan since i allow myself to eat any of those if they are part of a product, but i'm avoiding them as much as possible).

I started eating better BECAUSE of the limitations, and lost 12 kg in 4 months with light workouts from Body Movement app + Tennis.

First of all you should have a diet and of course do sports. If you have no time to visit gyms, there is a good alternative : fitness applications. Fitness app development has become a very popular topic for the past few years. So now there is a wide variety of such apps in Apple store or Play market.

Quote Originally Posted by LarryFromHumanResources View Post
    How is that stupid? If someone has a caloric maintenance amount of 2100 and they eat 1800 calories, they're going to lose weight. Because they're eating less calories than their body can naturally burn in a day. Same applies if someone then does exercise burning a total of 2500 calories in a day and only eating 2000. You could lose weight eating only chocolate if that's what you really wanted, it's all about being in a caloric deficit.

If you eat MORE calories than your body needs to sustain itself you gain weight, if you eat the EXACT AMOUNT your body needs in a day you gain or lose none, and if you eat LESS, you lose wieght.

What the fuck are you on about.
    in last few years i noticed that although people have knowledge that they should consume 2200-2500 calories a day they have completly 0 idea how little food builds up that amount.

they devours to big portions on each meal , top it with snacks and soda drinks and end up eating 4000+ calories a day while living in delusion that "they dont eat that much"

people generaly have no clue which food has how much calories and end up overeating while living under delusion that they eat healthy each day .

thats why there is so many fat people who are seemingly active on daily basis.

they have too large calories untake and 0 self control when eating

to fight it i would recomend to take the box-diet for 1-2 months to learn how big portions should be and more or less to then instinctively know how large meals to prepare . its simplest way .

Losing weight is both very easy and hard.

Current weight + ((calories in - calories out) / 2500) = your weight

Losing weight is much more a psychological frustration than mechanical. We all know working out is good for you and we know what foods are good or bad. When I was 13 I weighed 282lbs, over the summer I lost 60lbs, another 50 over the school year. How did I do it? Stopped eating "bad" food and did light cardio and calisthenics. But that isn't the full story.

If you want to lose weight you need to want it more than anything else. People talk about great diets, but those are fools gold, rarely people talk about convincing yourself that losing the weight is the most important thing in your life, and in my opinion that is what it is going to take. The second battle is keeping the weight off.
    Last edited by lllBlackSunlll; 2020-08-15 at 11:43 AM.
    If curiosity killed the cat, why can't speculation kill you?

Quote Originally Posted by lllBlackSunlll View Post
    Losing weight is both very easy and hard.

Current weight - ((calories in - calories out) / 2500) = your weight

Losing weight is much more a psychological frustration than mechanical. We all know working out is good for you and we know what foods are good or bad. When I was 13 I weighed 282lbs, over the summer I lost 60lbs, another 50 over the school year. How did I do it? Stopped eating "bad" food and did light cardio and calisthenics. But that isn't the full story.

If you want to lose weight you need to want it more than anything else. People talk about great diets, but those are fools gold, rarely people talk about convincing yourself that losing the weight is the most important thing in your life, and in my opinion that is what it is going to take. The second battle is keeping the weight off.
    not really - diets do work .

as long as they are made by proper dietician .

and as long as along with diet people dont consume additional 2k calories daily from snacks / soda drinks/ fast foods - because they feel hungry when just eating diet food.

Quote Originally Posted by AryuFate View Post
    How to lose weight?
    First, join r/HydroHomies and drink the juice of mother nature.
    Second, eat healthy, set up a cheat day in the week for a pizza or other stuff
    Third, win.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    not really - diets do work .

as long as they are made by proper dietician .

and as long as along with diet people dont consume additional 2k calories daily from snacks / soda drinks/ fast foods - because they feel hungry when just eating diet food.
    You can build a diet around heavy catabolic foods, getting a balance of macro and micro nutrients, and and system meals to maximize your metabolism. But the diets are schemes for the basic equation I listed.

You can go paleo, vegan, intermittent fasting, Atkins, etc. As a practice I did them all over the years to see why they worked and they all work for the same reason. You take in less calories than you consume, but they manage that in different ways.

Side note: I am not a registered dietitian, but went to school for dietetics, but opted out of getting registered.
    As of 2022 all dietitians need to have their masters, schooling I didn't want to do. The practice internships are what killed it for me because it was clear eating issues are majority an economic issue than poor health practice. Again, people know what they should be eating. That said you don't need a dietitian to lose weight. Unless you have a genetic disorder, autoimmune disease, thyroid issues, etc, then no one should feel pressured to see a dietitian before a psychologist or an accountant. Imo dietitian are best for recovery, like post chemotherapy or injury, disabled individuals, pro athletes, design cafeteria menus, things like that.
    Last edited by lllBlackSunlll; 2020-08-14 at 09:13 PM.

Keto has been working for me so far. Don't need to lose a lot, but I saw results pretty damn quickly from dropping the carbs.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don’t want to lift, because I don’t want muscle mass. And I think training endurance still builds muscle? Also, cardio is too much work for just losing half a meal’s worth of calories.

I used to weigh 95 lbs. Now I’m almost double that. I used to drink tea when I had cravings, but now there’s popcorn, chips and ice cream around. Should I just not eat as much? Is that really all?
    Lifting weights doesnt not mean muscle mass :P Its all about proper diet compared with proper training. U can do lifts easly. Tbh strenght training is best to lose weight fast beacause of huge oxygation and protein demand.

Quote Originally Posted by czarek View Post
    Lifting weights doesnt not mean muscle mass :P Its all about proper diet compared with proper training. U can do lifts easly. Tbh strenght training is best to lose weight fast beacause of huge oxygation and protein demand.
    Big time this. It is a very slow process to gain a noticeable muscle mass, it's not something that accidentally happens. If you're cutting calories and lifting weight then you'll get become more lean and defined.

For anyone to gain significant muscle mass means having to eat significantly more calories.

Calorie deficit is the key for becoming lean and stuff. But calorie deficit should be about 200-300 calories, otherwise your body will "burn" muscle mass.

I don’t want to lift, because I don’t want muscle mass. And I think training endurance still builds muscle? Also, cardio is too much work for just losing half a meal’s worth of calories.

I used to weigh 95 lbs. Now I’m almost double that. I used to drink tea when I had cravings, but now there’s popcorn, chips and ice cream around. Should I just not eat as much? Is that really all?
    I know you say you don't want to do cardio nor lift weights, but losing fat without those will take longer and your skin will look flappy for quite a long time. You can lift but still not build a lot of mass, to build mass you need to lift heavy so what you can do is just lift between 5-20lb dumbbells or use resistance bands at 10-15 reps per set & do between 3-5 sets. Light weights will simply tone your muscle not to make you gain mass unless you do crazy amounts like 30-50 reps per set.

Cardio is great for weight loss if you do it correctly, don't run if you want to lose weight; I know a lot of people promote running but running is counterproductive to losing fat. What you need to do for cardio is just walk on the treadmill on an incline setting of 5 or more with speed at 2-4 depending on how tall you are for 30min or more a day. The reason why running is counterproductive is that the human body is great at adapting, so after running for a while your body will adapt to that stress level so you keep on having to run faster if not you see any more results. Also running put a lot of stress on the body so that can lead to the body producing fats.

Set your workout to 1 set of muscle type a day ie: Monday chest, Tuesday back, Wednesday leg, Thursday arms & etc; 30 min workout focus on those muscle groups and a 30 min of incline walk a day.

Also for your diet, you should either go for a low carb diet or rotate in and out of keto diet(something like 2 month keto 2-3 weeks not then 2 month keto again). You want you body to shift over from using carbs for energy to using fat for energy which will result in faster fat burning.

I did this back in 2015 and went from 280lb to 215lb within 4 months, I did low carbs tho; not keto though. As for fats you should eat, avoid vegetable/corn oil as much as possible & go for something like olive oil; and eating animal fat is also bad(except for fish oil, omega 3 which is great to have). I work out 6 days with 1 rest day, do low carb 6 days with 1 cheat day(so I can dine out & socialize) this helps with keeping it as a life style; its mentally better than cutting calories making you feeling hungry or going cold turkey on a lot of food that you will simply go back to bad habits. The cheat day is a way of telling yourself you did good for the week so you should reward yourself; helps with self-motivation; also my portion size tends to be whatever I can fit on 1 plate, 1 layer of food is(so you don't create a mountain on 1 plate). Also I drink a lot of the fiber mix stuff, before I eat anything with carbs I will drink it ahead of time since fiber helps with your body regulate it's blood sugar better so you don't get those crazy sugar spikes that eats to fat build up; this gives me the opportunity to eat stuff like cakes & etc without having to worry too much. Eventually, you will get to the point where you won't crave so much sugar, and will sample eat high carb stuff like cakes instead of eating a whole slice.
    Last edited by Yosho; 2020-08-28 at 03:59 AM.

The best natural method is walking in the morning and afternoon as well. For me, everyday I play football with my friends. In this way I have lost about 10kgs within 3 months. You can also try this natural method as well. Much more effective for the people who is trying to lose weight naturally.

Try keto-diet. (imo) The best diet if you like eating big meals or many portions. Also (imo) the best diet if you dont want to or cant do cardio or other exercise. The alternative is to loose more then you gain (calories in vs calories out). Start walking more. If you are a office worker, stand more during the day. Walk to job / school. Go for a walk after a meal. Move more, sit less.

Hope it helps Good luck.
    Last edited by Goladir; 2020-08-29 at 01:18 AM.

Weight Watchers taught me which foods were good and which were bad. You can eat whatever you like, but you will soon understand that things you thought were good for you are really not. Learning to make decisions by weighing options is empowering. An activity as simple as walking (for many) will be more than enough to lose weight, with correct consumption. Don't forget that willpower is a muscle and your willpower will grow stronger the more you use it. I lost 43 pounds several years ago and still use those learnings when needed. You can make it happen, best to you.

Eat healthy, learn MMA and you will get the results you want. Telling you from my personal experience.

thank you very much for the recommendations

Quote Originally Posted by Lobosan View Post
    Even so, 95 is insanely light.
    Normal weight for a person is the weight in which he is comfortable

Well there's also to consider that just eating a bit more healthy tends to allow your body to self-regulate hunger (intake), activity (output) and general metabolism (affecting the amount of nutrients you absorb from what you eat and in what way they are used).

Practically a good measure is to avoid "unconscious sugar"; don't put sugar in tea and don't take sugary drinks and sugary foods, instead make sure that whenever you do take sugar you do so consciously as it will be both more rewarding and delicious, and less sugar in total.
    (i am an uncompromising sweettooth, but as a giant with a metabolism that rivals the sun in ferocity i have little to fear from obesity ^^)

Also don't bother lifting unless it's for a good purpose, a well defined goal, as otherwise you're probably just going to be ineffective at best and self-harming at worst.
    It's worthwhile to support any sport you like playing in example, that's what i use it for.

I do weightlifting in a way that not results in building extra muscles. There is a lot of difference in both exercise and diet, if you're planning to not gain over muscular body.