Page 15 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Diet is 80%. Both cardio and muscle exercises will increase your calorie consumption (more muscle = more upkeep).

I had problems counting calories, despite knowing exactly how to do it. Just had too many ‘fuck it’ moments. When your going for a 500 calorie deficit like most healthy diets will tell you to go on, its very easy to go over it. It only takes 3 beers or half a bag of chips. Have one fun weekend and you ruin a week of dieting.

For a few months now ive been intermittent fasting. 16h vast followed by 8 hours in which i eat my calories. This basicly translates to no eating after 8pm and skipping breakfast. Usually ill be on a mere 1800 calories after lunch and diner this way (out of the 3200) which means i dont have to watch what i eat all that much anymore to create a deficit.

Every diet works as its base is a colorie deficit. If you want to stay lean though, what your looking for is a lifestyle change. That means things like taking opportunities to walk or bike instead of driving somewhere. Eating healthy and varied and creating an easy to sustain habit in doing so.
    Last edited by Thereturn; 2020-10-13 at 09:21 PM.

Bloodsail Admiral DrIvoRobotnik's Avatar
    Go for walks once or twice a week, don't even have to run, to walk for about an hour or so. Cut out sugared soda, desserts and too many snacks. Popcorn is fine as long as you don't over butter it. There are some diets which will work, I recently dropped some weight with keto for two weeks, but man is it ever boring. It's almost exclusively meat and eggs. Stay away from trail and granola if you eat that regularly; for some reason those got a reputation of being healthy snacks, when they are very high in calories in the form of sugar and fat. Great if you are hiking or doing lots of working out, but for sitting around and snack, terrible idea.

Quote Originally Posted by AmaliaSmile View Post
    Normal weight for a person is the weight in which he is comfortable
    No. Normal weight for a person is the weight-range in which their weight doesn't negatively affect their health.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

Keyboard Turner
    Well, thanks to everyone for their opinion. I would share my experience to lose weight as I had different diets and exercise to lose weight but I couldn't. I came to know about international yoga trainers who are experts in the famous Yoga Burn DVD which has different yoga poses that let me lose weight by performing them every day. I really see a change in me after having them. Research on Women has also proven to have yoga as exercise can lose weight and make you fit.

losing weight is really simple the problem is a healthy diet takes a long ass time just as you didnt double your weight over night but rather over years.¨

This is also why people are starving so much for the one special super megaXL godlike diet/exerciese/pill whatever because they dont have patience.

Just cut your calories by 200 and do 1-2h of sport activities per week for start and slowly change your lifestyle.

i lost about 30kg (100->70) from the middle of january until the end of june, here is the story:

before corona, i played football 2 times a week (indoor, with friends), from mid march until the end of june, this was cancelled, so i would have to do sports on my very own. the lazy f**k i am, i didn´t do a bit of any sport, and that wasn´t as bad as expected. most people go for a run 2-3 times a week, which won´t burn that much calories, but it will make you hungry and you might think "i did a nice run, time for reward" and then you eat even more calories than you burned. don´t do that. just change the way you eat, here is the secret: extremely low carb + intermittent fasting 16:8 or (even better) 18:6.

i had "breakfast" at about 11, consisting of a bowl of 1-2 midsized apples, 1 banana, a handful of grapes and 500g of natural yoghurt. i had dinner at about 17, consisting of a bowl of 2 tomatoes, ~4 sour cucumbers (the ones sold in glasses), 1/2 package of sheep cheese, seasoned with 1/2 onion, garlic, salt and pepper. i only drank water (which sucked in the beginning, but after maybe 1 or 2 weeks, you get used to that) and ate nothing else. hard times, but it was worth it. chewing gums in the morning to prevent a bad breath, a tiny cheatday every 2 weeks and there you go.

at the end of june, football came back to us and all my mates hadn´t seen me for about 3 months. they seriously thought i had cancer or sth else because i lost so much weight, some even said it looked a bit unhealthy, but i think that was just because of the extreme contrast

Cut your calories and don't eat carbs. It sounds simple and it indeed is that simple, I lost a ton of weight by doing that for about 8 months (with zero physical activities; that wasn't maybe the smartest thing but it still worked). It was hard and it wasn't fun because not eating pasta, rice, potatoes or bread will drastically change your nutrition plan, but it helps.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again
    Vote #Jaina!
    #Proudmoore4AllianceLeader
    #ImwithHer2020

Currently weigh 185lbs, from 200 a year ago.
    Slight diet change. Added more fruit, less junk. More complex carbs, less empty carbs.
    Jogging almost every day outside in the almost painful summer temps.

Count calories try to do walk or run everyday and after 2 weeks you will see a big change in your body. You can change your body weight just by eat less sweets and junk food.

Quote Originally Posted by AmaliaSmile View Post
    Normal weight for a person is the weight in which he is comfortable
    This is a dangerous idiom. Anyone seeking to lose weight, please disregard platitudes like the aforementioned quote. There is typical weight range which varies with multiple bodily factors. It is dangerous to argue that a person who "feels" "comfortable" at 500 pounds is in their "normal" range. Health is not compatible with the post-modernism ideology and the body-positive mantra. A 40 year-old individual who dies because of heart failure as a result of obesity is not comfortable, normal, or body-positive. Neither is a 27 year-old individual who dies because of bulimia or anorexia.

its very healp full and best post . I am happy to read this

Keyboard Turner ThomasDiSantare's Avatar
    Two years ago, I lost 20 kg in 4 months. I didn't count calories as hard, but I actually ate very little. Buckwheat, chicken (boiled or baked without skin), vegetables. Mayonnaise, sweet and fried bread were excluded. The weight went away very quickly. It still holds up, I don't do anything specifically to service it. Now I eat almost everything.

Found Keto and one big meal a day has really sped things along. Went from 225 at the beginning of the year to 185 right now with probably another 20 to lose

Last time I did keto I capped at about 196 walking 4 miles a day to and from work but I was eating lunch then so not having that 2nd big meal has greatly helped me personally

IF works wonders for me.

Hi. Friends tried a lot of diets with my wife but nothing fits. There is no time to go to the gym. What should I do?

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    Counting calories sucks, dieting sucks more, so just jog and/or swim 20 minutes a day, three days a week and still eat what you like, but just moderately.
    lol.. the problem is we don't know what "eat what you like" means. Is it drinking sodas every meal with a burger and fries?

OP: Don't drink soda or sugary drinks as a start. If you do JUST that you will be on your way. Just remember instead of that sugary drink you basically ate an ice cream in terms of calories and sugar. Honestly, I'd rather saves those calories on eating a really good dessert on a night out that week.
    Last edited by GreenJesus; 2020-10-30 at 04:27 PM.

Health eating, calorie counting, and exercise.

Self control and a lot of patience.

Cut out sugars that don’t come from a fruit.

Here's the deal:
    Sugar fat salt. One of these 3 makes your food taste good. You will notice normal salad dressing has high fat. So you think, "fat is bad" and buy "Light/Lite" or "Fat-Free". In those versions you'll notice that it has more sugar or salt. This is how companies maintain the flavor of their product. You'll see Zero-Calorie products, which make you think, "o it's healthy". Nope. It's just chemicals put in your food that your body is calorie-neutral on. Most of those chemicals your body processes as sugar fat or salt. Some chemicals your body doesn't recognize at all and scientist still don't know what happens to it in your body - see aspartame.

If you want to eat healthy eat food that is not processed - food in its raw form that you then cook/bake/steam. Tried and true, half chicken breast (1/4 plate), Brown Rice (1/4) plate, Broccoli (1/2 plate). Plain, nothing added. Drink water or unsweetened tea.

Do not fall into the hype of "organic". Truth is, all plants on this planet are watered with the same water which is already contaminated by drugs and chemicals that have been flushed down the toilet over the last 100 years. (https://www.health.harvard.edu/newsl...s-in-the-water) Organic is a buzz word, the organic plants get the same contaminates of non-organic from water sources instead of fertilizers. While YES organic is better for you, it's not as much as the buzz makes it out to be.

It is better to eat healthy always versus not eating healthy because you can't afford organic. which is an excuse a lot of people use.

Quote Originally Posted by Angrie View Post
    Here's the deal:
    Sugar fat salt. One of these 3 makes your food taste good. You will notice normal salad dressing has high fat. So you think, "fat is bad" and buy "Light/Lite" or "Fat-Free". In those versions you'll notice that it has more sugar or salt. This is how companies maintain the flavor of their product. You'll see Zero-Calorie products, which make you think, "o it's healthy". Nope. It's just chemicals put in your food that your body is calorie-neutral on. Most of those chemicals your body processes as sugar fat or salt. Some chemicals your body doesn't recognize at all and scientist still don't know what happens to it in your body - see aspartame.

If you want to eat healthy eat food that is not processed - food in its raw form that you then cook/bake/steam. Tried and true, half chicken breast (1/4 plate), Brown Rice (1/4) plate, Broccoli (1/2 plate). Plain, nothing added. Drink water or unsweetened tea.

Do not fall into the hype of "organic". Truth is, all plants on this planet are watered with the same water which is already contaminated by drugs and chemicals that have been flushed down the toilet over the last 100 years. (https://www.health.harvard.edu/newsl...s-in-the-water) Organic is a buzz word, the organic plants get the same contaminates of non-organic from water sources instead of fertilizers. While YES organic is better for you, it's not as much as the buzz makes it out to be.

It is better to eat healthy always versus not eating healthy because you can't afford organic. which is an excuse a lot of people use.
    but... you literally need salt and fat. and I do mean need. healthy fat helps your body absorb nutrients, it is important for maintaining healthy hair, skin, nails and salt helps maintain balance of fluids in a blood, our blood pressure and is essential for nerve and muscle function. too much is bad. not enough is ALSO bad.

and... healthy doesn't mean its bland and not tasty. herbs and spices are not only making our food delicious, and many come with benefits of their own.

and btw, cooking = processing. just so that we are cleared. processed is NOT an automatic enemy of healthy, the question is HOW its processed, what is added to it or removed from it.

How to lose weight 101.....eat in a caloric deficit and make sure it’s whole foods and not processed BAM you’ll lose weight and be healthy it really is that easy. The willpower to do it is the hard part.