Page 17 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I used to have problems with being overweight, but sports helped me solve this problem

Quote Originally Posted by ldev View Post
    Came here to say this. It's so fucking obvious.
    You would think so but considering the US has the most amount of obese people, It's not quite as obvious as it should be.

I don#t get how people still have no idea how to loose weight...

Look at what you eat every day. If it is too much kalorie wise. Reduce it.
    If you don't want to do that, do enough sport to burn, so you get a deficit.

Also: It takes time and doesn't happen in a month. Normal weightloss is about 2 kg a month. More if you are seriously obeese.

For a normal person there is no need to take on a fancy diet with onyl soups and that bullshit. It will help you loose weight, but you will bounce back the second you stop it.
    Try to eat like you always do just try to keep it a bit below you daily need and suplement with sport. The more sport you do the more you can eat again.

Without sport you can only loose weight by hunegring youself down. You won't look good in the end. Thin. But not good. Sport tones you body. And i don't mean lifting and stuff like that. Start with walking every day a bit and go on to faster cardio while not overdoing it.

And most importantly: Don't obses over numbers. Don't set youeself a goal to reach. Just do it a piece by piece. Look in the mirror naked every few days. You will see a difference. THIS will give you motivation enough to go further. If you put on a kg in some week means nothing. Just takes away your drive.
    Don't use scales. Use your eyes.

All of that obviously doesn't apply if you are morbidly obeese. The go see a doctor. No way around it.

Quote Originally Posted by VinceVega View Post
    I don#t get how people still have no idea how to loose weight...
    Because there isn't a "one size fits all" approach.
    Sure, everyone can try and jog 6 miles while wearing arm weights during the hottest most humid time of the summer, as I have done, but I'd never recommend it since...quite frankly, it's dangerous.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Sure, everyone can try and jog 6 miles while wearing arm weights during the hottest most humid time of the summer, as I have done, but I'd never recommend it since...quite frankly, it's dangerous.
    I agree. That is... too much for someone who starts. Also i doubt you went form 0 to that.
    But the basics are easy and always the same. Eat normal do some sport. Always works. Adjust to your liking

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post

Also, beware falsely healthy food. Eating a salad is not much good if you drown it in a high-sugar dressing. I just shove some olive oil on it, a bit of salt and there you go. Vegetables are often good enough to not require much extra, for a normal meal anyway. Also, don't make the same mistake I made; no, eating a good amount of vegetables with your pasta and steak every day does NOT make it a healthy meal by any stretch of the imagination.
    oh man this bit of advice blew my mind... it was hilarious realizing that some of the "healthy" alternatives me and some friends were looking at were about as 'healthy' as general candy bars.

Some items are just overpriced and designed to catch people who aren't paying attention.

- - - Updated - - -

now while there is not tried and true single way that works.... I think most of us still general agree on some very basic things. Get more vegetables in your diet, get more active, don't over eat what you actually find you enjoy. the biggest hurdle is starting to change one's perspective and actually stick with something.

There is, eat less.

all you need is a calorie deficit.

Don't cut out fat and sugar out of your diet. It will leave you feeling miserable and low energy. Instead cut down on the amount of sugar and fat that you eat but keep it in your diet. And build muscles. Cutting out the things you enjoy from your diet is NOT the way to go.

Play hide and seek with it and don't bother to look.

Quote Originally Posted by mickybrighteyes View Post
    oh man this bit of advice blew my mind... it was hilarious realizing that some of the "healthy" alternatives me and some friends were looking at were about as 'healthy' as general candy bars.

Some items are just overpriced and designed to catch people who aren't paying attention.

- - - Updated - - -

now while there is not tried and true single way that works.... I think most of us still general agree on some very basic things. Get more vegetables in your diet, get more active, don't over eat what you actually find you enjoy. the biggest hurdle is starting to change one's perspective and actually stick with something.
    i have 1 recomendation about this then

watch super size me 2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oAjsBZEOnVw

he talks there a lot about bs marketing of "healthy foods" :0

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    Don't cut out fat and sugar out of your diet. It will leave you feeling miserable and low energy. Instead cut down on the amount of sugar and fat that you eat but keep it in your diet. And build muscles. Cutting out the things you enjoy from your diet is NOT the way to go.
    well like with everything you need think

when people tell you to "cut down sugar " from diet they usually dont mean dont use any sugar like 1 spoon of sugar a day to your tea - but mostly "dont drink 2 litre bottle of pepsi that have like 50 sugar cubes in them .
    Last edited by kamuimac; 2020-11-14 at 07:14 AM.

I decided that I can no longer go in for sports because there is simply not enough time, I decided that I would drink fat burning pills

Weird how everyone can eat better and drink more water, and see positive results.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivank0v View Post
    Weird how everyone can eat better and drink more water, and see positive results.
    Your uneducated opinion versus a doctor.
    You don't speak for everyone...

Wrong.

Honestly really surprised at all the people just going eat less and weight will just fall off like that is reality.
    Driving on Sunshine.

PM for Tesla referral code.

Lol, yes that's how generalizations work.

Notice I said eat better. This doesn't mean more, less, types etc.

It just means eat more inline with what you're desired outcomes are.

Doctor, please tell me where I am wrong telling people who wish to live healthier lives (Aka, not immorally fat) where I am wrong that monitoring their caloric intakes is wrong.

Also, Doctor, for the record - please show me where drinking more water is wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorensen View Post
    Wrong.

Honestly really surprised at all the people just going eat less and weight will just fall off like that is reality.
    People who believe you eat less and weight falls off are correct. But I didn't say eat less now did I? Words mean things.

People who believe that eating isn't a massive contributing factor to your physical and mental health are usually behind the curve.

Changing your body requires hard work.

Being fat is hard.
    Being weak is hard.
    Being in shape is hard.
    Being strong is hard.

Pick your hard.

Or make excuses. No one cares, put in the work if you want different results.

Edit: You two are why we have a 15+ page thread, lol get real.
    Last edited by Xjan; 2020-11-17 at 07:11 PM.

Lol, yes that's how generalizations work.

Notice I said eat better. This doesn't mean more, less, types etc.

It just means eat more inline with what you're desired outcomes are.

Doctor, please tell me where I am wrong telling people who wish to live healthier lives (Aka, not immorally fat) where I am wrong that monitoring their caloric intakes is wrong.

Also, Doctor, for the record - please show me where drinking more water is wrong.

People who believe you eat less and weight falls off are correct. But I didn't say eat less now did I? Words mean things.

People who believe that eating isn't a massive contributing factor to your physical and mental health are usually behind the curve.

Changing your body requires hard work.

Being fat is hard.
    Being weak is hard.
    Being in shape is hard.
    Being strong is hard.

Pick your hard.

Or make excuses. No one cares, put in the work if you want different results.

Edit: You two are why we have a 15+ page thread, lol get real.
    drinking too much water can be harmful actualy. so more is relative to how much you are already drinking. if you are not drinking enough then yes, drinking more will help. if you are already drinking a decent amount - then drinking even more is going to be harmful.

https://www.healthline.com/health/overhydration

eating better is subjective. that's kinda the point. something specific like eating less refined sugar - yeah, good for pretty much everyone. but that's one specific change. people's needs overall differ. so what's better for you, could be harmful for me because digestion and absorption of nutrients is not the same for everyone.

there is no one size fits all nutrition. its kinda why nutritionists customizing diets (as in way of eating for life) exist. and expanding on that - monitoring caloric intake is not a bad thing. but assuming that there is a one size fits all caloric requirement? is. again, this is why nutritionists exist. ( its also possible to have underlying conditions that make this oversimplified idea not so simple. caloric deficit being necessary for weight loss is a simple premise, but how you achieve that is individual and you CAN potentially put yourself into malnutrition state by eating too little trying to lose weight, when what is stopping you is not eating too much but underlying health conditions that need to be dealt with so that your caloric deficit still provides adequate nutrition for your body to function properly)
    Last edited by Witchblade77; 2020-11-17 at 09:43 PM.

Can't lose weight without a caloric deficit. Everything else is icing on the cake.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sorensen View Post
    Wrong.

There's not a soul in the world who couldn't cut more calories from their diet in order to lose weight.

Is it always healthy, especially if you have a medical condition? No. But does it work, unequivocally? Of course.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    Can't lose weight without a caloric deficit. Everything else is icing on the cake.

- - - Updated - - -

There's not a soul in the world who couldn't cut more calories from their diet in order to lose weight.

Is it always healthy, especially if you have a medical condition? No. But does it work, unequivocally? Of course.
    what is the point of losing weight if you are endangering your health by doing so?