Page 14 of 37 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast

I lost 60kg in the past so the best advice i can give you is:

-Run/Walk 15 mins every day
    -Eat every 3 hours, small, healthy portions
    -Drink at least 2L of water every day

The most important part of losing weight is to change your mind set and realise that you eat to live and not the other way arround. Quit the icecreams, sugar, sodas, fried food, plastic food.

I can give you an example of a healthy, balanced diet:

Breakfast: one small Yogurt and a toast with a bit of butter.
    Lunch: small portion of cooked rice, small grilled beef of white meat, salad, 2 glasses of water (one glass before and the other one after the meal)
    Afternoon: one small glass of biological milk (dont drink cow milk), small sandwish with a bit of butter
    Dinner: salad with tomato and one cooked egg sliced. 2 glasses of water
    Before sleep: one small Yogurt.

Its hard the first month and your body and stomach will get used to the small portions of healthy food and it will get normalized.

Control your appetite or be controled by it. You choose.
    Good Luck

Quote Originally Posted by AmaliaSmile View Post
    Normal weight for a person is the weight in which he is comfortable
    Yeah umm no, that's not how that works.
    “Leadership: Whatever happens, you’re responsible. If it doesn’t happen, you’re responsible.” -- Donald J. Trump, 2013

"I don't take responsibility at all."
    -- Donald J. Trump, 2020

I lost 60kg in the past so the best advice i can give you is:

-Run/Walk 15 mins every day
    -Eat every 3 hours, small, healthy portions
    -Drink at least 2L of water every day

The most important part of losing weight is to change your mind set and realise that you eat to live and not the other way arround. Quit the icecreams, sugar, sodas, fried food, plastic food.

I can give you an example of a healthy, balanced diet:

Breakfast: one small Yogurt and a toast with a bit of butter.
    Lunch: small portion of cooked rice, small grilled beef of white meat, salad, 2 glasses of water (one glass before and the other one after the meal)
    Afternoon: one small glass of biological milk (dont drink cow milk), small sandwish with a bit of butter
    Dinner: salad with tomato and one cooked egg sliced. 2 glasses of water
    Before sleep: one small Yogurt.

Its hard the first month and your body and stomach will get used to the small portions of healthy food and it will get normalized.

Control your appetite or be controled by it. You choose.
    Good Luck

Simple solution is to reduce caloric intake, works on every human.

TL; DR;
    You can reach a lot if you limit the amount of carbohydrates you take while still making sure you get the other nutrients (fats, proteins, vitamins and minerals). Do some proper morning exercises with it to burn a lot of fat. I did this and lost over 20 kg within in half a year.

Full story, I did a keto diet and thought it was amazing. If you don't know what keto is: try to avoid anything with carbs in them so you stay well below 50 grams of carbs per day. The remainder of your diet is ~75% fat and ~20% protein. I'll admit this is not for everybody and research is not conclusive (as this type of research usually isn't)!

Most people are amazed that I eat a more fats and still lost weight but the idea behind it is actually simple. Carbohydrates are easy to burn and store by your body. Your body uses insuline to process all carbohydrates (not only sugars!). Most products with carbohydrates in them have them added in a processed form afterwards which makes it even easier for the body to process them (refined sugars being the worst). The biggest problem with insuline is that it makes you feel hungry again when all the carbs are processed. Because almost all products we eat contain a good supply of carbs it's easy to get into a wrong eating pattern for some of us. Even worse your body can start to resist the effects of insuline which is what diabetes type 2 comes down to.

I myself was very sceptic when my friend (who has diabetes type 2) explained it to me. But as i'm overweight and unhappy with the consequences I decided to give it a try. I followed his advice to be extremely strict with myself and go full keto-diet. Within a month you can feel what i'm describing above. By this point eating 3 to 4 baked eggs with some bacon and cheese in the morning you won't feel the urge to eat until later in the afternoon. So your body actually tells you to eat less calories by eating more fat! Even more amazing, it feels as if you have more energy throughout the day and it's a stable supply of energy. No dips after eating! This is because fats give out the energy more slowly. If you combine this with a proper 10 minute workout in the morning you'll teach your body how to burn fat. You can also choose to 'cheat' once in a month without completely losing the motivating feeling this diet gives you.

There are downsides of course. Some say they feel like they have the flu after 3 weeks as the body begins to burn fats. As with all diets it feels you have little choice in what you can eat. You'll have to learn which ingredients and products have the least amount of carbs. And you'll find out they put sugar in everything that shouldn't have sugar. This is a tip for everybody, on diet or not: mayonnaises don't need carbs as they are mostly eggs and fat but these so called 'diet mayonnaise' products replace the fat with sugars to keep it tasty...

Now as I said before, this is not for everybody and the opinions on this diet are all over the place. You can find doctors who think this is actually the best way and doctors who'll tell you it's very dangerous. But what convinced me is a lot of videos from doctors explaining why this seems weird but in perspective of the history of our species makes complete sense. We used to eat a lot of meat for thousands of years, when we learned how to farm we started to eat more carbs but in the last 100 years processed foods made the amount of carbs we get explode. If your interested, here's a TED talk from someone with expertise in treating diabetics who can't understand why the idea of injecting yourself with insuline or eating more sugars is still preferred to a good diet: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=da1vvigy5tQ.

Diet is 80%. Both cardio and muscle exercises will increase your calorie consumption (more muscle = more upkeep).

I had problems counting calories, despite knowing exactly how to do it. Just had too many ‘fuck it’ moments. When your going for a 500 calorie deficit like most healthy diets will tell you to go on, its very easy to go over it. It only takes 3 beers or half a bag of chips. Have one fun weekend and you ruin a week of dieting.

For a few months now ive been intermittent fasting. 16h vast followed by 8 hours in which i eat my calories. This basicly translates to no eating after 8pm and skipping breakfast. Usually ill be on a mere 1800 calories after lunch and diner this way (out of the 3200) which means i dont have to watch what i eat all that much anymore to create a deficit.

Every diet works as its base is a colorie deficit. If you want to stay lean though, what your looking for is a lifestyle change. That means things like taking opportunities to walk or bike instead of driving somewhere. Eating healthy and varied and creating an easy to sustain habit in doing so.
    Last edited by Thereturn; 2020-10-13 at 09:21 PM.

Bloodsail Admiral DrIvoRobotnik's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Go for walks once or twice a week, don't even have to run, to walk for about an hour or so. Cut out sugared soda, desserts and too many snacks. Popcorn is fine as long as you don't over butter it. There are some diets which will work, I recently dropped some weight with keto for two weeks, but man is it ever boring. It's almost exclusively meat and eggs. Stay away from trail and granola if you eat that regularly; for some reason those got a reputation of being healthy snacks, when they are very high in calories in the form of sugar and fat. Great if you are hiking or doing lots of working out, but for sitting around and snack, terrible idea.

No. Normal weight for a person is the weight-range in which their weight doesn't negatively affect their health.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

Keyboard Turner
    3+ Year Old Account
    Well, thanks to everyone for their opinion. I would share my experience to lose weight as I had different diets and exercise to lose weight but I couldn't. I came to know about international yoga trainers who are experts in the famous Yoga Burn DVD which has different yoga poses that let me lose weight by performing them every day. I really see a change in me after having them. Research on Women has also proven to have yoga as exercise can lose weight and make you fit.

losing weight is really simple the problem is a healthy diet takes a long ass time just as you didnt double your weight over night but rather over years.¨

This is also why people are starving so much for the one special super megaXL godlike diet/exerciese/pill whatever because they dont have patience.

Just cut your calories by 200 and do 1-2h of sport activities per week for start and slowly change your lifestyle.

i lost about 30kg (100->70) from the middle of january until the end of june, here is the story:

before corona, i played football 2 times a week (indoor, with friends), from mid march until the end of june, this was cancelled, so i would have to do sports on my very own. the lazy f**k i am, i didn´t do a bit of any sport, and that wasn´t as bad as expected. most people go for a run 2-3 times a week, which won´t burn that much calories, but it will make you hungry and you might think "i did a nice run, time for reward" and then you eat even more calories than you burned. don´t do that. just change the way you eat, here is the secret: extremely low carb + intermittent fasting 16:8 or (even better) 18:6.

i had "breakfast" at about 11, consisting of a bowl of 1-2 midsized apples, 1 banana, a handful of grapes and 500g of natural yoghurt. i had dinner at about 17, consisting of a bowl of 2 tomatoes, ~4 sour cucumbers (the ones sold in glasses), 1/2 package of sheep cheese, seasoned with 1/2 onion, garlic, salt and pepper. i only drank water (which sucked in the beginning, but after maybe 1 or 2 weeks, you get used to that) and ate nothing else. hard times, but it was worth it. chewing gums in the morning to prevent a bad breath, a tiny cheatday every 2 weeks and there you go.

at the end of june, football came back to us and all my mates hadn´t seen me for about 3 months. they seriously thought i had cancer or sth else because i lost so much weight, some even said it looked a bit unhealthy, but i think that was just because of the extreme contrast

Cut your calories and don't eat carbs. It sounds simple and it indeed is that simple, I lost a ton of weight by doing that for about 8 months (with zero physical activities; that wasn't maybe the smartest thing but it still worked). It was hard and it wasn't fun because not eating pasta, rice, potatoes or bread will drastically change your nutrition plan, but it helps.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Currently weigh 185lbs, from 200 a year ago.
    Slight diet change. Added more fruit, less junk. More complex carbs, less empty carbs.
    Jogging almost every day outside in the almost painful summer temps.

Count calories try to do walk or run everyday and after 2 weeks you will see a big change in your body. You can change your body weight just by eat less sweets and junk food.

5+ Year Old Account
    This is a dangerous idiom. Anyone seeking to lose weight, please disregard platitudes like the aforementioned quote. There is typical weight range which varies with multiple bodily factors. It is dangerous to argue that a person who "feels" "comfortable" at 500 pounds is in their "normal" range. Health is not compatible with the post-modernism ideology and the body-positive mantra. A 40 year-old individual who dies because of heart failure as a result of obesity is not comfortable, normal, or body-positive. Neither is a 27 year-old individual who dies because of bulimia or anorexia.

its very healp full and best post . I am happy to read this

Keyboard Turner ThomasDiSantare's Avatar
    3+ Year Old Account
    Two years ago, I lost 20 kg in 4 months. I didn't count calories as hard, but I actually ate very little. Buckwheat, chicken (boiled or baked without skin), vegetables. Mayonnaise, sweet and fried bread were excluded. The weight went away very quickly. It still holds up, I don't do anything specifically to service it. Now I eat almost everything.

10+ Year Old Account
    Found Keto and one big meal a day has really sped things along. Went from 225 at the beginning of the year to 185 right now with probably another 20 to lose

Last time I did keto I capped at about 196 walking 4 miles a day to and from work but I was eating lunch then so not having that 2nd big meal has greatly helped me personally

7+ Year Old Account
    IF works wonders for me.