Page 16 of 37 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I eat more fruit and jog a lot more...went from 207 to 184...
    I pay a lot of attention to sodium, cholesterol, white sugar, and saturated fats.

all that matters is calories in vs calories out. less in vs out and you lose weight.

Hmm fries... hmmm chips. They're so good. I'd rather be happy. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Ryonas View Post

Step 2. Don't eat anything that tastes good. Only vegetables and nasty tomato-based shit, and other nasty, acidic crap. No salt, no fat, no sugar. No wonderful, creamy things. If it has any flavor whatsoever, put it down.

thats bs claim though .

why food shouldnt be tasty ?

may i suggest to learn to use spices for food that you are eating ?

or in general learn hwo to cook -_- then you will eat delicious home made, low fat food .

10+ Year Old Account
    I just try to stay below a certain amount of kcals a day and I stopped drinking soda and so far I'm losing about 3kg a month without doing fuck else.

I'm satisfied with it.
    Subarashii chin chin mono
    Kintama no kami aru

I used to have problems with being overweight, but sports helped me solve this problem

Quote Originally Posted by ldev View Post
    Came here to say this. It's so fucking obvious.
    You would think so but considering the US has the most amount of obese people, It's not quite as obvious as it should be.

I don#t get how people still have no idea how to loose weight...

Look at what you eat every day. If it is too much kalorie wise. Reduce it.
    If you don't want to do that, do enough sport to burn, so you get a deficit.

Also: It takes time and doesn't happen in a month. Normal weightloss is about 2 kg a month. More if you are seriously obeese.

For a normal person there is no need to take on a fancy diet with onyl soups and that bullshit. It will help you loose weight, but you will bounce back the second you stop it.
    Try to eat like you always do just try to keep it a bit below you daily need and suplement with sport. The more sport you do the more you can eat again.

Without sport you can only loose weight by hunegring youself down. You won't look good in the end. Thin. But not good. Sport tones you body. And i don't mean lifting and stuff like that. Start with walking every day a bit and go on to faster cardio while not overdoing it.

And most importantly: Don't obses over numbers. Don't set youeself a goal to reach. Just do it a piece by piece. Look in the mirror naked every few days. You will see a difference. THIS will give you motivation enough to go further. If you put on a kg in some week means nothing. Just takes away your drive.
    Don't use scales. Use your eyes.

All of that obviously doesn't apply if you are morbidly obeese. The go see a doctor. No way around it.

Quote Originally Posted by VinceVega View Post
    I don#t get how people still have no idea how to loose weight...
    Because there isn't a "one size fits all" approach.
    Sure, everyone can try and jog 6 miles while wearing arm weights during the hottest most humid time of the summer, as I have done, but I'd never recommend it since...quite frankly, it's dangerous.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Sure, everyone can try and jog 6 miles while wearing arm weights during the hottest most humid time of the summer, as I have done, but I'd never recommend it since...quite frankly, it's dangerous.
    I agree. That is... too much for someone who starts. Also i doubt you went form 0 to that.
    But the basics are easy and always the same. Eat normal do some sport. Always works. Adjust to your liking

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post

Also, beware falsely healthy food. Eating a salad is not much good if you drown it in a high-sugar dressing. I just shove some olive oil on it, a bit of salt and there you go. Vegetables are often good enough to not require much extra, for a normal meal anyway. Also, don't make the same mistake I made; no, eating a good amount of vegetables with your pasta and steak every day does NOT make it a healthy meal by any stretch of the imagination.
    oh man this bit of advice blew my mind... it was hilarious realizing that some of the "healthy" alternatives me and some friends were looking at were about as 'healthy' as general candy bars.

Some items are just overpriced and designed to catch people who aren't paying attention.

- - - Updated - - -

now while there is not tried and true single way that works.... I think most of us still general agree on some very basic things. Get more vegetables in your diet, get more active, don't over eat what you actually find you enjoy. the biggest hurdle is starting to change one's perspective and actually stick with something.

There is, eat less.

all you need is a calorie deficit.

Don't cut out fat and sugar out of your diet. It will leave you feeling miserable and low energy. Instead cut down on the amount of sugar and fat that you eat but keep it in your diet. And build muscles. Cutting out the things you enjoy from your diet is NOT the way to go.

Play hide and seek with it and don't bother to look.

Quote Originally Posted by mickybrighteyes View Post
    oh man this bit of advice blew my mind... it was hilarious realizing that some of the "healthy" alternatives me and some friends were looking at were about as 'healthy' as general candy bars.

Some items are just overpriced and designed to catch people who aren't paying attention.

- - - Updated - - -

now while there is not tried and true single way that works.... I think most of us still general agree on some very basic things. Get more vegetables in your diet, get more active, don't over eat what you actually find you enjoy. the biggest hurdle is starting to change one's perspective and actually stick with something.
    i have 1 recomendation about this then

watch super size me 2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oAjsBZEOnVw

he talks there a lot about bs marketing of "healthy foods" :0

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    Don't cut out fat and sugar out of your diet. It will leave you feeling miserable and low energy. Instead cut down on the amount of sugar and fat that you eat but keep it in your diet. And build muscles. Cutting out the things you enjoy from your diet is NOT the way to go.
    well like with everything you need think

when people tell you to "cut down sugar " from diet they usually dont mean dont use any sugar like 1 spoon of sugar a day to your tea - but mostly "dont drink 2 litre bottle of pepsi that have like 50 sugar cubes in them .
    Last edited by kamuimac; 2020-11-14 at 07:14 AM.

I decided that I can no longer go in for sports because there is simply not enough time, I decided that I would drink fat burning pills

Weird how everyone can eat better and drink more water, and see positive results.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivank0v View Post
    Weird how everyone can eat better and drink more water, and see positive results.
    Your uneducated opinion versus a doctor.
    You don't speak for everyone...