Page 32 of 37 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    People often freak out when I mention them "Zero Carb Carnivore" diet because of cultural brainwashing like "Breakfast is the important meal of the day", and "Carbs should be your staple food" which are both false in so many ways.

Meat and fat is the most nutrient dense food on the planet, especially if organs is included. The diet itself is very palatable and satiating. Even in calorie deficit adhering to diet is easy because it's so satiating.

If you care up to this point, see "kelly_hogan91" on Instagram (fun and vibrant gal) she is 10 years zero carb carnivore. I've heard so many ex vegans now recovering on carnivore/keto diet, it truly warms my heart that the people can heal from almost any illness with just simple elimination diet.

Quote Originally Posted by neik View Post
    People often freak out when I mention them "Zero Carb Carnivore" diet because of cultural brainwashing like "Breakfast is the important meal of the day", and "Carbs should be your staple food" which are both false in so many ways.

Meat and fat is the most nutrient dense food on the planet, especially if organs is included. The diet itself is very palatable and satiating. Even in calorie deficit adhering to diet is easy because it's so satiating.

If you care up to this point, see "kelly_hogan91" on Instagram (fun and vibrant gal) she is 10 years zero carb carnivore. I've heard so many ex vegans now recovering on carnivore/keto diet, it truly warms my heart that the people can heal from almost any illness with just simple elimination diet.
    0 carbs is torture. Apart from giving up your favorite foods and the constant sweet cravings, because of ketosis you will also smell

10+ Year Old Account
    I say talk to your doctor. Have them select a diet and exercise plan.

Self selecting a fad diet seems like it will lead most people to the same place they started.

Quote Originally Posted by florclorbromiod View Post
    0 carbs is torture. Apart from giving up your favorite foods and the constant sweet cravings, because of ketosis you will also smell
    The opposing hysteria comes from cultural brainwashing "It's okay to endlessly stuff yourself with carbs and wash it down with soda" then please by all means have some more little bit later. Debilitating and never ending addiction.. hence why the world is fat. People are not faulty nor they are bad in any sense, they've been misinformed their entire lives. I'm only advocating carnivorous way of eating because I live with it. I personally look after my macros, at least partially (because I know my food now) I also never had any of experience you are describing about. It usually depends from my athletic activity, so around 60-80% of my calories is coming from fat, and 40-20% of my calories from protein. I was about to post my picture, but given the fact that I'm probably public enemy number one on Blizzard's radar, I rather not put a target on my back.

The opposing hysteria comes from cultural brainwashing "It's okay to endlessly stuff yourself with carbs and wash it down with soda" then please by all means have some more little bit later. Debilitating and never ending addiction.. hence why the world is fat. People are not faulty nor they are bad in any sense, they've been misinformed their entire lives. I'm only advocating carnivorous way of eating because I live with it. I personally look after my macros, at least partially (because I know my food now) I also never had any of experience you are describing about. It usually depends from my athletic activity, so around 60-80% of my calories is coming from fat, and 40-20% of my calories from protein. I was about to post my picture, but given the fact that I'm probably public enemy number one on Blizzard's radar, I rather not put a target on my back.
    People aren't fat because they're misinformed, they're fat because they're poor.

Getting your calories from potatoes and noodles is way cheaper, not to mention poor people are exhausted from work and will skip cooking a healthy meal for a burger or some other junk food.

I also never had any of experience you are describing about
    Then you must be some genetic jackpot because those are common issues on Keto. They're not even side effects, they're features.

People aren't fat because they're misinformed, they're fat because they're poor.

Getting your calories from potatoes and noodles is way cheaper, not to mention poor people are exhausted from work and will skip cooking a healthy meal for a burger or some other junk food.

Then you must be some genetic jackpot because those are common issues on Keto. They're not even side effects, they're features.
    No need for excuses.. everyone has same 24 hours in day. By the way simple foods like butter, eggs, bacon, fish, ground beef, organs, also meats at your local butcher can be dirt cheap. People who are addicted to junk food always find excuses.

To address your concerns and finally close this chapter.

1. Scary zero isn't that scary, because carbs calories is replaced with fat calories
    2. Satiety and lack of hunger comes from either dietary fat or adipose tissue (assuming the deficit) where body stores 100k plus calories.
    3. You can have your favorite meats grilled, cooked, steamed (minus the carbs) the delicious food menu is literally unlimited. Eating all your "forbidden foods" at large minus the carbs is too good to be true for some people because of cultural brainwashing.
    4. I really wouldn't know anything about the smell, maybe this is something strictly to do with being morbid obese, normal weigh people smell good assuming they clean ass and take showers.

god i hate people who are pushing fad diets. you are like born again. zealots.

newsflash! nothing works 100% for every single person, there is not such thing as one size fits all, and just becasue a particular diet works for a few individuals, doesn't mean its fantastic for everyone.

fish, organs, beef, etc are NOT cheap, and bacon especially is not only ridiculously expensive per pound, its also way WAY too high in sodium to consider as anything other then occasional treat. seriously, we buy liver as a weekend treat along with steak because of how pricey it can get especially if you care about quality product. chicken is more affordable as well as eggs, but... noodles are still cheaper if you are poor.

moreover, since we apparently count anecdotal experiences as definitive proof. my SO who is already eating pretty high protein, low carb diet (we don't even have any refined sugar in the house anymore, just whole fruits and veggies, and Lacanto sweetner for when I bake, and I usually replace half of the flour with casein powder) decided to try going carnivore, because he heard so much about it. shouldn't be too much of a stretch, right? he's already eating mostly carnivore based stuff, how bad could it be? it was bad. brain fog was absolutely insane, it fucked up his digestive system, his sleep, he didn't even last a week before giving up and going back to his normal eating patterns. I didn't even try because fuck you, I like my fruits and veggies way too much, giving up brussels sprouts and peaches cause my body cannot handle them was bad enough already. but I digress

the thing about those "forbidden foods" is that they are not actualy forbidden unless you are a vegan.

moreover... that whole bullshit of "everyone has the same 24 hours a day" smacks of so much privilege, I can't even. no, not everyone has the same 24 hours a day. som of you have better jobs then others. some have kids, others do not. some have family support, others do not. where you live matters. where you were born matters. acess to grocery shopping which is NOT the same everywhere - matters. acess to cooking supplies as well as decent food storage - matters. we don't all have the same acess, not even close. we certainly don't have the same salaries.

in any case, when it comes to people not going for carnivore diets, aside from financial and personal preference considerations - when it comes to health concerns, its not cultural brainwashing. its fucking SCIENCE which you all born again fad diet zealots love to selectively ignore when it suits you.

No need for excuses.. everyone has same 24 hours in day. By the way simple foods like butter, eggs, bacon, fish, ground beef, organs, also meats at your local butcher can be dirt cheap. People who are addicted to junk food always find excuses.

To address your concerns and finally close this chapter.

1. Scary zero isn't that scary, because carbs calories is replaced with fat calories
    2. Satiety and lack of hunger comes from either dietary fat or adipose tissue (assuming the deficit) where body stores 100k plus calories.
    3. You can have your favorite meats grilled, cooked, steamed (minus the carbs) the delicious food menu is literally unlimited. Eating all your "forbidden foods" at large minus the carbs is too good to be true for some people because of cultural brainwashing.
    4. I really wouldn't know anything about the smell, maybe this is something strictly to do with being morbid obese, normal weigh people smell good assuming they clean ass and take showers.
    You should like you have no empathy towards other people and don't understand what privilege is.

No need for excuses.. everyone has same 24 hours in day
    This is laughably wrong. No, they don't. Someone working hard 8 hours has far less energy left after work compared to someone who gets paid to do nothing. You're talking out of your ass.

By the way simple foods like butter, eggs, bacon, fish, ground beef, organs, also meats at your local butcher can be dirt cheap
    No matter how ''dirt cheap'' those are, carbs will always be far cheaper.

I really wouldn't know anything about the smell, maybe this is something strictly to do with being morbid obese, normal weigh people smell good assuming they clean ass and take showers.
    By your attitude it sounds like you're not here to debate diets, just to bodyshame fat people. On Keto you smell because your blood is full of ketone byproducts.

Again, this is a widely known side effect of Keto.
    Last edited by florclorbromiod; 2021-12-04 at 06:55 PM.

It's not a fad lmao.. You gotta consume food for the rest of your life, so might as well eat healthy instead of looking for excuses trying to justify your poor dietary choices.

P.S. I don't hate fat people but you can "love yourself" to the grave very quickly if you keep looking for excuses and blame everyone else that you got fat. Take responsibility and loose the damn fat. Exposure therapy is way more productive in supporting people, rather then silently letting them fade away to the grave. Metabolic diseases is what grinds fat people to grave fastest, but it can be reversed with carnivore way of eating.

("You" is a fictional fat person and not a specific forum member)

any diet that is pushed at people who do not have medically based food restrictions and yet is severely restrictive? is a bloody fad. calling it "healthy diet" is absolutely laughable bit of irony. and calling eating vegetables and fruits unhealthy for all is actively anti-science. yes those are carbs. not every carb is a dougnut. and in any case once doughnut every once in a while is not going to kill you, (unless you are diabetic or allergic to any of the ingredients in a dougnut, but then again, so can an allergy to meat products /stares at my puppy who is deathly allergic to eggs and yet continues to beg for scraps of our scramble >_> but I digress).

there are people who must be on restrictive (as in you absolutely positively can NOT eat certain things, EVER, not even in moderation) diets due to various health conditions that prevent them from metabolizing certain foods correctly. everything from allergies to seizures (for whom Keto was originally developed, btw), to various IBD's etc. everyone else? gets to pick and chose what is most convenient/beneficial for them individually. a few individuals apparently do well on carnivore, or so they claim. good for them? doesn't mean it will be best for absolutely EVERYONE. not by a long shot.

incidentally

its very possible to be skinny and extremely unhealthy. in fact being underweight is often more detrimental then being overweight (not obese, obesity is good for no one, but there are degrees of weights people can be). looking slim and fit is no guarantee of better health. appearances can be deceiving.

and no, metabolic diseases can NOT be reversed with carnivore diet anymore then they can be revered with vegan diet. please for the love of fucking god. if your body doesn't create necessary hormones or enzymes, you are NOT reversing anything. if your body cannot digest lactose (milk sugars), you are NOT reversing it with eliminating dairy from your diet, all you are doing is removing the necessity for your body to produce lactase (enzyme that breaks down lactose) is a first place. if you are allergic to peanuts, stop eating peanuts and feel better - you did NOT stop being allergic to peanuts, you just removed the necessity for the body to deal with the allergen.

guess how else you can lose a lot of weight? by being sick and not getting enough nutrients. guess what state you can get into with carnivore diet or any restrictive diet? yeah.....

any any case, to reiterate. if carnivore worked for you? fantastic. good for you. especially if it keeps working, congratulations.

stop pushing it as a panacea for fucking everyone, please, while claiming that any other option is unhealthy brainwashing, while refusing to see the sheer irony in your statements.

I got a Tonal machine for my birthday as I started to get more into fitness at home since the pandemic.

I weighed myself today and lost 18 pounds since July!

;D

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    . I weighed myself today and lost 18 pounds since July! ;D
    Impressive!
    Keep up the good feels.

People tend to be fat because they are uneducated, misinformed, and some times unintelligent. Another side effect of that is being poor because those same people have harder times finding meaningful stable employment.

Plenty of studies have tied these together. Its not impossible to eat healthy on a strict budget, since it isn't the 1800s most food is extremely nutrient dense and the main issue isn't what they are eating, but how much. There is also the well documented tie of sugary sodas and junk food to addiction and the need for "comfort foods". Something people from lower socioeconomic standings have in abundance.

So saying people tend to he fat because they are misinformed is 100% accurate, ugly truth is even if they were informed they would ignorantly make the choice anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    Easy maths.

EAT 1500 calories (use Apps to calculate it: MyFitnessPal)
    BURN 1700 calories (Increase it with exercise)

Lose 200 calories per day. (or more)

3000 calories = 1 pounds

And, DRINK A LOT of water.

Eat light

avoid sugar drinks and alcohol

work out in your free time

dont heat your home to much

99% of people are fat by choice not circumstances. Source ? I lost 30kg in 10 month just because I decided it. its that easy

Quote Originally Posted by ArenaDk View Post

99% of people are fat by choice not circumstances. Source ? I lost 30kg in 10 month just because I decided it. its that easy
    This is like saying anyone can become a doctor, you just need to study.

People have different metabolisms, physical capabilities, free time, energy and willpower.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by StillMcfuu View Post
    People tend to be fat because they are uneducated, misinformed, and some times unintelligent. Another side effect of that is being poor because those same people have harder times finding meaningful stable employment.

Plenty of studies have tied these together. Its not impossible to eat healthy on a strict budget, since it isn't the 1800s most food is extremely nutrient dense and the main issue isn't what they are eating, but how much. There is also the well documented tie of sugary sodas and junk food to addiction and the need for "comfort foods". Something people from lower socioeconomic standings have in abundance.

So saying people tend to he fat because they are misinformed is 100% accurate, ugly truth is even if they were informed they would ignorantly make the choice anyway.
    And why do you think poor people drink sodas, smoke and drink alcohol more? Because when a rich man is stressed he buys a sports car and goes yachting in the Bahamas. When a poor person is stressed the only de-stress tools they have are the cheap, unhealthy ones.

15+ Year Old Account
    TLDR = stop eating sweets, soda with sugar, alcohol, red meat, kebabs, pizzas, pasta, bread, potatoes, etc.
    You don't need to work out to lose weight but you should to look and feel good.

I was never overweight. I'm 174cm and when I considered myself weighting too much (about 75kgs) I figured it's time to get fit.
    I stopped eating potatoes pancakes, pizzas, chocolate and red meat. Switched to chicken/fish, rice and threw in vegetables. It's even easier to make.
    Also I eat about 3 eggs per meal once or twice per day, together with mackerel and vegetables. Only crisp bread.
    And I started working out, mainly playing tennis. Two-three times per week.

My weight tumbled to 61kgs in half a year. I lost almost 20% of my weight. That's a lot and it got me scared, even though I looked skinny fit, not unhealthy skinny.
    I added one extra egg to my meal and started drinking protein powder twice a day and hit gym instead of tennis.
    I'm at 64kgs atm and think this is almost where I want to be. Maybe 2-3kgs more muscle and about 2% less body fat.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Strawberry View Post
    TLDR = stop eating sweets, soda with sugar, alcohol, red meat, kebabs, pizzas, pasta, bread, potatoes, etc.
    You don't need to work out to lose weight but you should to look and feel good.

I was never overweight. I'm 174cm and when I considered myself weighting too much (about 75kgs) I figured it's time to get fit.
    I stopped eating potatoes pancakes, pizzas, chocolate and red meat. Switched to chicken/fish, rice and threw in vegetables. It's even easier to make.
    Also I eat about 3 eggs per meal once or twice per day, together with mackerel and vegetables. Only crisp bread.
    And I started working out, mainly playing tennis. Two-three times per week.

My weight tumbled to 61kgs in half a year. I lost almost 20% of my weight. That's a lot and it got me scared, even though I looked skinny fit, not unhealthy skinny.
    I added one extra egg to my meal and started drinking protein powder twice a day and hit gym instead of tennis.
    I'm at 64kgs atm and think this is almost where I want to be. Maybe 2-3kgs more muscle and about 2% less body fat.
    Actually potatoes are pretty good if you want to build muscle mass. (boiled)

People have different metabolisms, physical capabilities, free time, energy and willpower.

- - - Updated - - -

And why do you think poor people drink sodas, smoke and drink alcohol more? Because when a rich man is stressed he buys a sports car and goes yachting in the Bahamas. When a poor person is stressed the only de-stress tools they have are the cheap, unhealthy ones.
    Plenty of rich unhealthy people, not to mention poor financial decisions aren't just something rich people do. A lot of poor people stay poor because of their poor buying habits. Companies like Apple live off of bad purchasing decisions by poor people.

- - - Updated - - -

1. metabolisms doesnt matter much, only in extrem cases and than you should see a doctor. Again not the case for 99%
    2. physical capabilities. You body needs X amount of energy a day, even if you just reduce the energy you give it by a little less than X, you will lose weight. Stop eating like a pig
    3. free time. If you dont have 20-1h ( yes 20 minutes a day are enough to start) freetime, than you have very serious problems that are more important than your weight. But again not the case for 99%
    4. energy ?! lmao, if you lack energy have your vitamin D tested and stop making excuses
    5. willpower ..... you are kidding me. this is your serious argument?