Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    There was a short time after the new Forums came up (it was right after My 3 month sub went up last year around March I think) that I could still post for a bit without an active sub but that went away about Mid Apr I think.

Quote Originally Posted by ReleaseDay View Post
    thing is, before I possibly resub, I had some questions. Guess I can't ask them so i wont resub
    Just ask them on reddit? Or here on MMO-champ, why does it have to be on the wow forums? All 3 places have wow players on them.

I am banned on the official forums till the year of 3000.

Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    Yes it has, and it's perfectly fine this way.
    Obviously not, or I wouldnt have taken it up here.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    This is actually one of the good things that companies with toxic communities do. Riot used to, not sure if they still do, have a requirement of having gotten to a certain level or played a certain amount of games to post on their forums. If you think the official forums are bad now can you imagine if every seething ex-subscriber with a chip on their shoulder and nothing else fulfilling them could post their rant threads?
    So, basically these forums.

Quote Originally Posted by SkagenRora View Post
    Just ask them on reddit? Or here on MMO-champ, why does it have to be on the wow forums? All 3 places have wow players on them.
    It was a question that could only be answered by a bluepost

You can get blueposts on Reddit and MMO-Champion if your question is one worth answering.

Do you really want the official forums to be flooded with spam? Because that's exactly what will happen if they open it to everyone. This isn't a matter of greed, it's a matter of keeping the forums clean and uncluttered.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

3+ Year Old Account
    Topic.

"To post in the WoW forums, you must be logged in with your Blizzard account and choose a character to post as in the top right corner of the page. You can only choose active characters on your account that are level 10 or above, excluding class trial characters.

If one of your characters is missing, it may be due to inactivity. Log the character in to the game, then try again after a few minutes.

Your account must also have an active subscription (or game time) and must belong to the same region where you are posting"

Has this always been the case? It's retarded to say the least. Personally been playing on/off since 2005 on the same account. Last online was december 2019, because of quarantine i'm considering resubscribing now since i'm bored af staying home 24-7. I figured i'd check the forums first and read up on some updates. I actually found multiple threads where users had issues that I could resolve, where I had the answer, but because i'm not paying, i'm unable to help them Activision-Blizzards greed is actually costing them. I can't remember this being the case, but then again the official forums have been pretty shitty so I've mostly avoided them and stayed here instead, so it might be its been like this for a long time?
    And you can't rate a game on xbox store if you dont have it. Doesn't it make sense? You shouldn't be able to join in discussion about something in a forum that you don't actually play. If you played and unsubbed, you probably would only go back to the forums to cry or trash about the game which most ppl hate to see.
    MMO-Champion Forum
    noun

1. a place where people who stopped playing World of Warcraft 10 years ago gather to tell those who still enjoy the game, how bad it is right now.

Try twitter instead if you are fishing for actual answers to "blue related" topics, your chances to get them are as laughable there as they are anywhere else.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by keelr View Post
    And you can't rate a game on xbox store if you dont have it. Doesn't it make sense? You shouldn't be able to join in discussion about something in a forum that you don't actually play. If you played and unsubbed, you probably would only go back to the forums to cry or trash about the game which most ppl hate to see.
    Nonsense, that is only a way to stiffle criticism. As long as you have been a customer of the product you should be able to discuss about it, at least if you are an honest company. If you can't be civil about it then that is a case for the moderators, not the current status of your product usage.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

I think you always needed an active subscription to post on the official forums. With the new forums, they've allowed people without subscriptions to post on realm forums though.

There is a 99% chance a blue post won't notice your thread tho... But Blue posts do appear on reddit as well

It makes sense. Why would people who aren't playing the game want to discuss it?

It creates a toxic cesspool, such as for example this forum, because have all those morons who quit years ago but still come to vent their frustrations.

7+ Year Old Account
    Topic.

"To post in the WoW forums, you must be logged in with your Blizzard account and choose a character to post as in the top right corner of the page. You can only choose active characters on your account that are level 10 or above, excluding class trial characters.

If one of your characters is missing, it may be due to inactivity. Log the character in to the game, then try again after a few minutes.

Your account must also have an active subscription (or game time) and must belong to the same region where you are posting"

Has this always been the case? It's retarded to say the least. Personally been playing on/off since 2005 on the same account. Last online was december 2019, because of quarantine i'm considering resubscribing now since i'm bored af staying home 24-7. I figured i'd check the forums first and read up on some updates. I actually found multiple threads where users had issues that I could resolve, where I had the answer, but because i'm not paying, i'm unable to help them Activision-Blizzards greed is actually costing them. I can't remember this being the case, but then again the official forums have been pretty shitty so I've mostly avoided them and stayed here instead, so it might be its been like this for a long time?
    yes it has, this was to prevent spam, advertising, excessive trolling, etc etc.
    this has always been the case.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    This is actually one of the good things that companies with toxic communities do. Riot used to, not sure if they still do, have a requirement of having gotten to a certain level or played a certain amount of games to post on their forums. If you think the official forums are bad now can you imagine if every seething ex-subscriber with a chip on their shoulder and nothing else fulfilling them could post their rant threads?
    that and constant advertisements
    you can see it here on mmochamp later in the night when most of the mods are asleep, so the adsvertisement posts are able to get away with it for abit before they are deleted.

that and luckily MMOchamp is a small enough community we dont really have people in and be real shit fests.
    we have had people like eleccy, who after years of trolling got banned, then made a few accounts posting racist, sexist, homophobic, xenophobic, etc stuff. which if you could do on the wow forums would be MUCH more common, but because it costs money, not as often.

- - - Updated - - -

What is the question?
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

10+ Year Old Account
    Man, now we'll never know what the question was. If only one of us worked at blizzard. Anyone's got Ion's number?

7+ Year Old Account
    $100 the question has been asked before and/or doesn't require a blue to answer.

What is the question? Not to be condescending but if it can only be answered by a blue post, either A) it can be answered by someone else and you're just trying to shitpost, or B) it's not a matter worth public attention and doesn't belong on any forum, including theirs, and you should bring up your issue with support.

There are millions upon millions of players alone who have played WoW. Could you imagine the massive crap show that would occur if they allowed people without active subs to post? It's the same reason that most (good) shopping sites don't let you leave reviews for a product unless you're logged in and bought the product. The last thing they want is you saying, "This product sucks!" even though you never owned it. Just like Blizzard doesn't want you saying, "WoW sucks because mounts take up bag space," despite that being moved to a journal over 10 years ago. It's incredibly difficult to say something truly relevant about WoW if you're not playing the game today because your issue/annoyance/praise/whatever may not exist anymore. If it's not about WoW, then it doesn't belong on their forums.

Simple as that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by callipygoustp View Post
    It's been like that for as long as I can remember. In fact, I can not remember a time when I could post on the official forums without an active sub.
    There was a bug a while back that let you permanently post on the forums if you had been subbed before but didn't renew. It threw me off for a while when I unsub thinking damn this month is lasting a long time.. xD

thing is, before I possibly resub, I had some questions. Guess I can't ask them so i wont resub
    Sounds to me like you were just looking for an excuse and justification to not resub, so then you came here to brag "Hey look at me not subbed."
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

It almost certainly wasnt.
    I'ts not just safe, it's 40% safe.

Topic.

Yes, it always has been the case. Why should they let non-paying customers post in their forum? Paying customers is valuable to them. You are not valuable to them because you are not a paying customer.
    Check out my drones guide!