New changes pushed to Find Weakness on Alpha

Duration reduced from 8s to 6s when applied by abilities that obviously should never apply Find Weakness in the first place.

Our class designers are incompetent, clueless imbeciles.
    Last edited by shoegazing; 2020-05-14 at 09:05 PM.
    Subtlety Rogue was an amazing, incredible, unique, and fun spec prior to Legion and BfA

“All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.”

― Douglas Adams

Salty boi comments aside.

It's a placebo change to make keeping up FW feel more rewarding to keep up. Even though it will effectively never drop in reality.

Quote Originally Posted by Saltysquidoon View Post
    Salty boi comments aside.

It's a placebo change to make keeping up FW feel more rewarding to keep up. Even though it will effectively never drop in reality.
    The entire purpose of Find Weakness is to tie burst damage windows to openers from Stealth/Dance.

The fact that the devs think it's a good idea to have this modifier now applied by Backstab, Gloomblade, and Shuriken Storm is further proof (as if we needed more of it) of their complete incompetence.
    Subtlety Rogue was an amazing, incredible, unique, and fun spec prior to Legion and BfA

“All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.”

― Douglas Adams

just make the class spec easier to play is all guys. where is the rule that we have to drag rogues though the mud each expansion?
    my vision is that rogues will still be crap to play so shadowlands will be my last expansion.
    Last edited by Naiattavain; 2020-05-15 at 12:07 AM.
    “Choose a job you love and you'll never have to work a day in your life” “Logic will get you from A to Z; Imagination will get you everywhere.”

Quote Originally Posted by Proper Ninja View Post
    just make the class spec easier to play is all guys. where is the rule that we have to drag rogues though the mud each expansion?
    my vision is that rogues will still be crap to play so shadowlands will be my last expansion.
    watch what you say its shoegazing your talking to, he has this obscure idea of how he wants the class and if you don't agree with him your wrong.

on a side note their is no problem with skills applying the debuff with a crit, a crit in most games is described as you striking a vital point doing extra damage, which kinda sounds like find weakness and it goes well with eviscerate and shadow bind doing extra shadow damage to targets with the debuff

It would be nice if gloomblade always applied FW so it would have a clear use case* in situations where you 100% cannot get off 'backstab' backstabs.

*Im aware it's useful for the amour bypass in pvp, but if it's only for pvp maybe don't put it on a pve dps line.

Quote Originally Posted by Radazar View Post
    obscure idea
    aka how it was in WotLK, Cata, MoP, and WoD

very obscure, you probably haven't heard of it

― Douglas Adams

It would be nice if gloomblade always applied FW so it would have a clear use case* in situations where you 100% cannot get off 'backstab' backstabs.

*Im aware it's useful for the amour bypass in pvp, but if it's only for pvp maybe don't put it on a pve dps line.
    well their is a new weapon enchant that when you use a spell or ability you make the target weaker to the school of damage, so depending on how much of a increase it is might make gloom a viable pick for PvE

Quote Originally Posted by shoegazing View Post
    The entire purpose of Find Weakness is to tie burst damage windows to openers from Stealth/Dance.

The fact that the devs think it's a good idea to have this modifier now applied by Backstab, Gloomblade, and Shuriken Storm is further proof (as if we needed more of it) of their complete incompetence.
    So basically they removed the micromanagement (which was actually fun) to make FW basically another SnD/Rupture? That sucks.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Quote Originally Posted by Radazar View Post
    well their is a new weapon enchant that when you use a spell or ability you make the target weaker to the school of damage, so depending on how much of a increase it is might make gloom a viable pick for PvE
    I mean ok and maybe sub will use gloomblade then, but really that's not a use case that's just "numbers".

The problem I'm complaining about is gloomblade is this legion left over from this half committed to spec fantasy about a shadow warrior that they never really achieved and we're moving away from (getting back rupture, poisons, snd) in SL that takes up a talent slot and there's not reason (aside from numbers shenanigans) to use outside of pvp.

I mean ok and maybe sub will use gloomblade then, but really that's not a use case that's just "numbers".

The problem I'm complaining about is gloomblade is this legion left over from this half committed to spec fantasy about a shadow warrior that they never really achieved and we're moving away from (getting back rupture, poisons, snd) in SL that takes up a talent slot and there's not reason (aside from numbers shenanigans) to use outside of pvp.
    i hear you, i feel they where going for a ninja spec but never committed fully, and now we are going back to a spec that doesn't really have a identity besides the rogue spec that uses purple, but if you ask someone like shoegazing thats the way they like it

What was the reason that Blizzard gave in relation to this change? I cannot seem to find it.

Is Cheap Shot still 1 combo point instead of 2 like it has been since Vanilla? Lost interest in Shadowlands as soon as I saw that. These developers are incompetent and/or clueless, there is no other conclusion you can draw.

It's almost like some noobs who started playing WoW in Legion have been put in charge of the game, they know the names and effects of abilities by looking them up on Wowhead but have no clue how they fit into the overall design of the class, so they make these cackhanded changes that look fun to them and "super good for mythic dungeons" but the end result is a fractal clusterfuck of bad design.

guys i think that overall the experience for shadow lands is gonna be really good. now to me it doesn't have to be perfect but i think overalll the rogue spec of subtlety is going to be better than the last two expansions. so this is a plus i still wanna play warcraft just that id like to see more wins coming from subtlety to stay subscribed.

right now sub only has certain perks in fights and its diffrent from pve and pvp. sub has bad performance in pvp live now so. hope that changes.
    “Choose a job you love and you'll never have to work a day in your life” “Logic will get you from A to Z; Imagination will get you everywhere.”