1. #1

    Arcane changes for Shadowlands

    Arcane

    NEW Arcane Barrage - Arcane Barrage grants you 2% of your maximum mana per Arcane Charge spent.
    NEW Arcane Explosion - Damage increased by 10%.
    NEW Arcane Power - Duration increased by 5 sec(though increased cd to 3 minutes)
    NEW Clearcasting - When Clearcast, Arcane Missiles fires 1 additional missile.
    NEW Clearcasting - Clearcasting can stack up to 2 additional times.
    NEW Conjure Mana Gem - Conjures a Mana Gem that can be used to instantly restore 10% mana, and holds up to 3 charges.
    NEW Presence of Mind - Arcane Blast can be cast instantly 1 additional time.
    NEW Prismatic Barrier - Reduces magical damage taken by an additional 5% and duration of harmful Magic effects by 10%.
    NEW Slow - Reduces the target's movement speed by an additional 10%.
    NEW Touch of the Magi - Applies Touch of the Magi to your current target, accumulating 50% of the damage you deal to the target for 8 sec, and then exploding for that amount of Arcane damage to the target and reduced damage to all nearby enemies.

    Talents:
    NEW Enlightened - Arcane damage dealt while above 70% mana is increased by 8%, Mana Regen while below 70% is increased by 20%.
    Tier 6 Talent, in place of Touch of the Magi

    NEW Focus Magic (Talent): Focus Magic grants an ally a slight bonus to their spell critical hit chance; in addition, when the ally critically hits with a spell, the Arcane Mage receives the same boon for a short period of time. This was listed for all specs but it says spesifically Arcane Mage here.

    Looking at these changes I must say it looks really promising being Arcane in Shadowlands. That new talent, Mana gem, mana back on arcane barrage(like the legion legendary) another clearcast and longer Arcane Power, but with double cd. Arcane in BfA have felt lackluster compared to Legion and other expansion but these changes can really make a great difference. Playing with the mana is the arcane fantasy for me and they are going back to that if we are to believe these changes.

    Looking forward to playing Arcane in Shadowlands!
    Last edited by Doffen; 2020-04-09 at 01:53 AM. Reason: AP CD change
    Horde bad, smash monkey. Who is a good monkey? You are!

    Let loot be loot.

  2. #2
    I am pleased by these changes ^_^

  3. #3
    Weeb Queen Video Games's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The land of ports
    Posts
    14,005
    Watch it still suck because no movement. I still want arcane orb back

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Watch it still suck because no movement. I still want arcane orb back
    The extra damage from mastery and 2 clearcasts will help. Though it remains to see if it's enough for sure.

    Mastery: Savant now extends its damage-increasing properties beyond Arcane Blast and Barrage to all spells, so harder hitting missiles as well.

    Overall the changes looks good imo, love the more focus on management again.
    Horde bad, smash monkey. Who is a good monkey? You are!

    Let loot be loot.

  5. #5
    Mana gems are comin back :O

  6. #6
    so we migt be getting a 3rd spec afterall!

  7. #7
    I dont see how any of those changes address arcanes issues - 0 dps while movement and favoring AB rotations.

  8. #8
    Do Arcane Charges finally affect Arcane Missiles? I don't think so.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

  9. #9
    Spam AB, AM on proc, AP on high mana, ABr to conserve.

    Nothing changes. Still 1/2 button spec. Pressing mana gem isn't that fantastic, let's be honest.

    While the changes seem to make Arcane more viable with cleave and sustained damage, the boring part and the source of complaints remains. Even then the one button spam will be as viable as numbers set it to be.

    Arcane could be op right now too, if they buffed its damage. Aoe specced Arcane is a monster in M+ btw, on trash.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by matrix123mko View Post
    Do Arcane Charges finally affect Arcane Missiles? I don't think so.
    The mastery will affect it in Shadowlands, now in BfA it does not. Same with Arcane Explosion.


    Quote Originally Posted by Trumpcat View Post
    Spam AB, AM on proc, AP on high mana, ABr to conserve.

    Nothing changes. Still 1/2 button spec. Pressing mana gem isn't that fantastic, let's be honest.

    While the changes seem to make Arcane more viable with cleave and sustained damage, the boring part and the source of complaints remains. Even then the one button spam will be as viable as numbers set it to be.

    Arcane could be op right now too, if they buffed its damage. Aoe specced Arcane is a monster in M+ btw, on trash.
    Yes, and incredibly weak on ST if you go full AoE. One of few specs that gets punished by their azerite traits. Either you do good single target and bad aoe or vica versa.

    What second charge with clearcast and more damage for missiles from the mastery does is that you can hold one missile proc for moving and it will do more damage because of the mastery change. So you can then use one then let the second proc wait. With that and more ways to keep your mana up you will gets less punished for movement like you do today. Like arcane legion and bfa is night and day just because of this change(3 charges in Legion)

    Arcane was always about mana management, not about how many buttons pressed. But of course, if you don't like how Arcane plays then these changes won't do much for you.
    Last edited by Doffen; 2020-04-09 at 12:46 PM.
    Horde bad, smash monkey. Who is a good monkey? You are!

    Let loot be loot.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    The mastery will affect it in Shadowlands, now in BfA it does not. Same with Arcane Explosion.
    Ok, then I will play.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

  12. #12
    Mechagnome
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    705
    Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    What second charge with clearcast and more damage for missiles from the mastery does is that you can hold one missile proc for moving and it will do more damage because of the mastery change. So you can then use one then let the second proc wait. With that and more ways to keep your mana up you will gets less punished for movement like you do today. Like arcane legion and bfa is night and day just because of this change(3 charges in Legion)
    Also, as in Legion, storing Clearcast procs for use when they're convenient rather than blowing them immediately (so as to avoid losing procs) will be a thing again, which brings some slight degree of skill back. AM scaling with Mastery will stop it becoming completely irrelevant in later content, too.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalisandra View Post
    Also, as in Legion, storing Clearcast procs for use when they're convenient rather than blowing them immediately (so as to avoid losing procs) will be a thing again, which brings some slight degree of skill back. AM scaling with Mastery will stop it becoming completely irrelevant in later content, too.
    Yeah, it's a change I don't understand why they changed going into BfA. It's a pvp talent now, and it was the talent they first had for Conflict and Strife major, but then changed it to another shield which was a huge disappointment to me. Having at least one proc you can hold for movement is something that's quite significant for both gameplay and damage. And if I am not mistaken that PoM change will make us have 3 instant Arcane Blast when used? I think that's what it means. If they don't scale it back to one then you get the second when you level up. Remains to be seen I guess. Have not seen any alpha streamer play Arcane yet, hope to see someone play it :P
    Horde bad, smash monkey. Who is a good monkey? You are!

    Let loot be loot.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •