Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    3+ Year Old Account

What Is Your Favorite Race To Play Death Knight As?

Note that this can be for any reason.

Honestly? Blood Elf. Outside of humans (also covered by undead DK's), they'd be the race with the highest likelihood of Death Knights among the Scourge's ranks.

Being that I'm an Alliance player though, my DK is a void elf so... close enough I suppose!
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

3+ Year Old Account
    Zandalari because they're cooler looking than regular trolls
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

Orcs, all the way. Female and male alike.

Draenei, I found the idea of Arthas taking perverse pleasure in twisting someone so intriniscally devoted to the light suitably edgy as a young adult.

Of course, I don't actually play alliance anymore because I like raiding so I don't play one.

Panda. Mainly because I can't even logg back into my DK now without getting a little laugh or at least a grin on my face. Panda DK is just one of the many things that ended up in the game which me and so many buddies joked about that would never be added. We legit sat there some months into Pandaria going; "Hahaha, imagine how stupid it would be if they ever let Pandas be DK's. The absolute dump they would have to take on the lore for that to happen would be gamebreaking."

Times change.
    The funniest jokes on MMO-Champ in order: (This signature is not calling out anyone in SPECIFIC and is thus not breaking any rules)
    1: All the moderators that does not know how to handle this webpage.
    2: Whoever set up the auto-bot that does not know the rules.
    3: The rules and guidelines themselves.
    Speaking of jokes:https://i.imgur.com/MaBzzAR.png

10+ Year Old Account
    Worgen, because of the lore. They're meant to be immune to the plague (aren't they? Or something like that) so I figured they were the ultimate anti-Scourge weapon. Plus they can go human form to look good in DK transmogs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Akhlys View Post
    Once upon a time, boats were full of leaks. Now, our leaks are full of boats.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Knight Meta View Post
    Panda. Mainly because I can't even logg back into my DK now without getting a little laugh or at least a grin on my face. Panda DK is just one of the many things that ended up in the game which me and so many buddies joked about that would never be added. We legit sat there some months into Pandaria going; "Hahaha, imagine how stupid it would be if they ever let Pandas be DK's. The absolute dump they would have to take on the lore for that to happen would be gamebreaking."

Times change.
    There was a Death Knight Pandaren NPC in Warlords Of Draenor. Though, lorewise, Pandaren and Allied Race Death Knights were made sometime before Battle For Azeroth.

Orc. If you are going to play a char that has done horrible shit mostly out of their control and wants to redeem themselves might as well be a race that has done it twice.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyux View Post
    Worgen, because of the lore. They're meant to be immune to the plague (aren't they? Or something like that) so I figured they were the ultimate anti-Scourge weapon. Plus they can go human form to look good in DK transmogs.
    I think they are immune to the plague, but still can be raised as Death Knights by the Lich King's power. Note that Worgen Death Knights are from Silverpine, not Gilneas proper, while Goblin Death Knights were originally part of the Steamweedle Cartel.

The answer is obviously zandalari

10+ Year Old Account
    I like my goofy panda DK.
    /s

Orc look the most badass as DK. I still play mine that I made in WotLK (first made BE but rerolled when I saw how good orcs looked as DK), but in BFA I have only played very little. For fun I will probably roll a lightforged draenei DK at some point because who wouldn't like to be a zealot of the light using the exact opposite powers.
    Last edited by McNeil; 2020-06-16 at 10:57 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Blood elf, moslty for lore reasons, and I don't like playing orks other horde races as melee
    'Something's awry.' -Duhgan 'Bel' beltayn

'A Man choses, a Slave obeys.' -Andrew Rayn

Human, Orc or Void Elf!

gonna make a dk in shadowlands, cant decide between draenei or night elf... i need halp... i need halp quickly.

I made a female Draenei DK back in WOTLK that I still have today, I originally did this due to the girls having the nicest 2-handed animations in my personal view and as backup, they have really nice 1-handed animations too -- which given the way DK has played it between what weapon types the specs use, it was a great choice.

Vulpera `couse why not.

15+ Year Old Account
    Human because of Arthas/LK.
    I like to RP in my head a bit.

Horde i play Zandalari, just because they look brutal and are big.

Quote Originally Posted by Nefarious Tea View Post
    Honestly? Blood Elf. Outside of humans (also covered by undead DK's), they'd be the race with the highest likelihood of Death Knights among the Scourge's ranks.

Being that I'm an Alliance player though, my DK is a void elf so... close enough I suppose!
    Ditto. But in SLs we'll be able to at least look like High Elves (diregarding a tentacle or two in the hair).

The Velf/Belf model just looks the best in plate armor swinging a heavy sword.