1. #1
    Last edited by Rozz; 2020-10-27 at 11:10 PM.
    "Life is one long series of problems to solve. The more you solve, the better a man you become.... Tribulations spawn in life and over and over again we must stand our ground and face them."

    Retired <Dreamstate> Gehennas

  2. #2
    Merely a Setback JohnBrown1917's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Posts
    26,582
    In one corner we got a senile old racist/rapist and in the other corner, we got another senile old racist/rapist?


    Which one will win? We don't know! Oh the excitement!
    Quote Originally Posted by Milchshake View Post
    There’s always a lot of talk of a general strike on the left. But it’s mostly a syndicalist fantasy that “the workers” are going to rise up, which is disconnected from the fact that “the workers” are your racist uncle and jerk co-workers who you don’t like.
    Just your typical neo-liberal horseshit.

  3. #3
    Titan Lenonis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    13,359
    Quote Originally Posted by CommunismWillWin View Post
    In one corner we got a senile old racist/rapist and in the other corner, we got another senile old racist/rapist?


    Which one will win? We don't know! Oh the excitement!
    You could always just not post if you aren't interested in the election.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by CostinR View Post
    Current polling:
    So basically as of right now Trump isn't leading in a single swing state and yet Biden securing the nomination is going to guarantee 4 more years of trump according to quite a few poster here.

  4. #4
    The Undying Themius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    36,918
    Quote Originally Posted by CommunismWillWin View Post
    In one corner we got a senile old racist/rapist and in the other corner, we got another senile old racist/rapist?


    Which one will win? We don't know! Oh the excitement!
    Where is this proof of rape? A crazy woman who claims putin loves her and when she worked with joe Biden she got to do nothing and was just in the office feeling like a lamp?

  5. #5
    Merely a Setback JohnBrown1917's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Posts
    26,582
    Quote Originally Posted by Lenonis View Post
    You could always just not post if you aren't interested in the election.
    I can shit on whoever I want.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Where is this proof of rape? A crazy woman who claims putin loves her and when she worked with joe Biden she got to do nothing and was just in the office feeling like a lamp?
    Because I believer her story, but hey, i'm sure calling her crazy will work out great for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Milchshake View Post
    There’s always a lot of talk of a general strike on the left. But it’s mostly a syndicalist fantasy that “the workers” are going to rise up, which is disconnected from the fact that “the workers” are your racist uncle and jerk co-workers who you don’t like.
    Just your typical neo-liberal horseshit.

  6. #6
    The Insane Kathandira's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Ziltoidia 9
    Posts
    17,689
    My prediction, is that Trump is basically going to bully the crap out of Biden in the debates. Joe is not a good public speaker, and Trump will use that against him. Granted, Trump also is not a good public speaker, but his ability to mock and bully will trip up Biden even more.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

    Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

  7. #7
    The Undying Themius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    36,918
    Quote Originally Posted by CommunismWillWin View Post
    I can shit on whoever I want.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Because I believer her story, but hey, i'm sure calling her crazy will work out great for you.
    But she is... she isn't like Ford, stop trying to put them in the same sphere. They are nothing alike.

    The idea of believe all women regardless is stupid. Ford had told her story early, told several people, several people had similar issues, and there were even witnesses.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by CommunismWillWin View Post
    I can shit on whoever I want.
    Honestly, all you seem to do is repeatedly post "old, senile" and that's about it. Change it up a bit! Say "aged" or "doddering."

  9. #9
    Merely a Setback Adam Jensen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Sarif Industries, Detroit
    Posts
    28,485
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    But she is... she isn't like Ford, stop trying to put them in the same sphere. They are nothing alike.

    The idea of believe all women regardless is stupid. Ford had told her story early, told several people, several people had similar issues, and there were even witnesses.
    Agreed.

    I've had a friend pushing this Tara thing on Facebook and I've been skeptical of it because no media, left or right, seemed to be pushing it at all. And an allegation of rape on the Democrat front runner should be big news. People can argue that CNN and MSNBC are suppressing it because it makes Biden look bad, but what about Fox News? You'd think they'd run away with it (and it'd be peak hypocrisy, given their support of Donald Trump.)

    I don't think we should believe all women regardless. We should take their allegations seriously and see if there's any merit to them, but we should not be immediately assigning guilt. When Kavanaugh was being confirmed, I didn't claim him to be guilty, I merely advocated for an investigation because there was merit in Ford's accusation. With Trump, same thing, there is merit in the accusations made against him, and therefore he should be investigated.

    I don't know enough about this story with Tara Reade and Joe Biden to know if there's merit in her claim, but if there is, there should be an investigation before people start running around and calling Joe a rapist.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Lenonis View Post
    You could always just not post if you aren't interested in the election.

    - - - Updated - - -

    So basically as of right now Trump isn't leading in a single swing state and yet Biden securing the nomination is going to guarantee 4 more years of trump according to quite a few poster here.
    The polls do make me feel a bit better about his nomination, I'll confess that.

    I'm still not confident in his odds of victory however. We'll see in November.

  10. #10
    The Normal Kasierith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    St Petersburg
    Posts
    18,458
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    My prediction, is that Trump is basically going to bully the crap out of Biden in the debates. Joe is not a good public speaker, and Trump will use that against him. Granted, Trump also is not a good public speaker, but his ability to mock and bully will trip up Biden even more.
    This is what everyone was saying about Sanders going up against Biden in a debate, that Sander's firebrand approach would leave him stuttering and broken. A debate that turned out to be, at the very best for Sanders, break even with no major upsets.

    I do wonder, though... all the diehard bernie supporters (and even moreso Trump supporters masquarading as Sanders supporters) seem dead set on the narrative that Biden is mentally incapable of even speaking properly, much less being president. What does it say about Sanders that he couldn't roll him mano-a-mano?
    Last edited by Kasierith; 2020-04-09 at 05:00 PM.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Agreed.

    I've had a friend pushing this Tara thing on Facebook and I've been skeptical of it because no media, left or right, seemed to be pushing it at all. And an allegation of rape on the Democrat front runner should be big news. People can argue that CNN and MSNBC are suppressing it because it makes Biden look bad, but what about Fox News? You'd think they'd run away with it (and it'd be peak hypocrisy, given their support of Donald Trump.)

    I don't think we should believe all women regardless. We should take their allegations seriously and see if there's any merit to them, but we should not be immediately assigning guilt. When Kavanaugh was being confirmed, I didn't claim him to be guilty, I merely advocated for an investigation because there was merit in Ford's accusation. With Trump, same thing, there is merit in the accusations made against him, and therefore he should be investigated.

    I don't know enough about this story with Tara Reade and Joe Biden to know if there's merit in her claim, but if there is, there should be an investigation before people start running around and calling Joe a rapist.

    - - - Updated - - -



    The polls do make me feel a bit better about his nomination, I'll confess that.

    I'm still not confident in his odds of victory however. We'll see in November.
    The polls make you feel good really? http://https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2016/president/us/general_election_trump_vs_clinton-5491.html So take a look at Trump vs Clinton in this time frame. Now don't forget you have 4 years of Trump already. As a lot of you say hes a massive failure and the worst president ever, yet the numbers are about the same as they were for Clinton in this time frame. Now wouldn't you expect Trump to be somewhere a lot lower at this point if hes been so bad? So his 42% you can almost guarantee will show up to vote. A lot of the democratic vote is really young and they don't have the best track record of showing up. Its even shown in this primary. These numbers are actually better for Trump. I also wouldn't be surprise if Trump wins the Election but loses the popular by 10 to 12 million this time but it will all be in Cali, New York, and Washington.
    Last edited by Trunksee; 2020-04-09 at 05:05 PM.

  12. #12
    Merely a Setback Adam Jensen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Sarif Industries, Detroit
    Posts
    28,485
    Quote Originally Posted by Trunksee View Post
    The polls make you feel good really?
    I didn't say they made me feel good, just that they made me feel a bit better. My next sentence literally stated I still have low confidence in Biden winning.

  13. #13
    The Undying Themius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    36,918
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Agreed.

    I've had a friend pushing this Tara thing on Facebook and I've been skeptical of it because no media, left or right, seemed to be pushing it at all. And an allegation of rape on the Democrat front runner should be big news. People can argue that CNN and MSNBC are suppressing it because it makes Biden look bad, but what about Fox News? You'd think they'd run away with it (and it'd be peak hypocrisy, given their support of Donald Trump.)

    I don't think we should believe all women regardless. We should take their allegations seriously and see if there's any merit to them, but we should not be immediately assigning guilt. When Kavanaugh was being confirmed, I didn't claim him to be guilty, I merely advocated for an investigation because there was merit in Ford's accusation. With Trump, same thing, there is merit in the accusations made against him, and therefore he should be investigated.

    I don't know enough about this story with Tara Reade and Joe Biden to know if there's merit in her claim, but if there is, there should be an investigation before people start running around and calling Joe a rapist.

    - - - Updated - - -



    The polls do make me feel a bit better about his nomination, I'll confess that.

    I'm still not confident in his odds of victory however. We'll see in November.
    It doesn't help she was a shill for Trump and Putin, and began deleting all her old posts.

    https://web.archive.org/web/20190404...n-f54ca2a3a405

    Through my lens, President Putin brought a chaotic and failed nation to become a vibrant, creative, economic force within a decade. I don’t care what your politics; just admit that his sheer, calculated vision and willful energy brought Russia back to be a world power. Now, I said this to a friend recently, she waved her glass of Merlot at me and began the “anti-Russia” lecture we all have come in America to memorize, a tale of spies, oligarchs, rigged elections and murders. I start to drift. I listen to the Sade song playing in the background “The Sweetest Taboo” as she speaks. When she finishes, I say, “Well, he is very good to women, holds them in high regard.”
    https://medium.com/@eddiekrassenstei...n-e4cb3ee38460

    We were able to contact a longtime friend of Reade’s who wished to remain anonymous, but they said they “do not believe her allegations,” claiming she has always been one to seek attention. Note: We reached out to Ms. Reade for comment but she refused.
    In 2017 Alexandra Tara Reade praised Joe Biden for his action in helping stop sexual assault, not just once, but on multiple occasions.
    Between September of 2016 and May of 2017, Alexander Tara Reade used a Twitter account, under the name Tara McCabe, to spread praise of Joe Biden via tweeting, retweeting and liking various Tweets.
    There are multiple examples of this, as seen below:
    In the below instance, Reade retweeted a tweet by Margaret Cho that appears to commend Joe Biden for working with Lady Gaga to end sexual assault.

    Also in March of 2017, Reade made a tweet claiming that Joe Biden “speaks truth,” and encouraged her followers to “listen” to him.

    This means that between the time she claims to have been sexually assaulted by Biden, and the time that she publicly came forward with the allegations, she was spending time on Twitter commending her alleged perpetrator for helping end sexual assault among other things.
    Additionally, in an article Reade wrote in 2009, she commended Joe Biden for action he had taken against domestic abuse, writing:
    I should know what an abuser looks like. After all, I was working for then Senator Joseph Biden, who sponsored the Violence Against Women Act. But domestic violence is an equal opportunity offender.
    And this gem:
    In an article Reade wrote in 2009, she claimed to have left Washington DC for the midwest because her husband Tate, at the time, had received a job offer for a Congressman. She claims to have also received a job offer to work for a Governor’s race in California around the same time period.
    Soon I received an offer to work on a Governor’s race in California and I almost accepted. Tate kept me up that night, pleading with me to go with him while he managed the Congressman’s campaign. I agreed and we moved to the frozen tundra of the Midwest. I would not even last a full winter.
    However, in the article “Bring on the Light,” which Reade wrote in December of 2018, and has since deleted, she stated that she left politics and Washington DC because she was sick of American imperialism and because she “love[d] Russia with all her heart.”
    https://archive.is/Vi7Hf#selection-273.0-273.520

    Then in her article for The Union in April of 2019, her story changed yet again, blaming her move on Joe Biden essentially having her blacklisted.

    Then, I went to Senate personnel for help. No one helped me. I resigned or I would say, I was forced to resign. I was told to look for another job. In the aftermath, I did not feel competent or worthy of anything. My self-esteem plummeted and my career nose-dived. What started with promise and possibility, ended because some prominent Senator decided that he liked my legs. I was sad and lost and moved on.

    Also in an article she wrote on April 6, 2019, Reade claimed that she didn’t even know if Biden knows why she left working for him:

    I wish I could say there was a happy ending, that Senator Biden apologized or that he helped make amends, he did not. I do not even know if he realized why I left.
    So where was Tara Reade right after she spent close to a year praising Joe Biden and attacking Vladimir Putin on Twitter, and right before she came forward with allegations against Joe Biden in 2019?
    Reade was busy writing pro-Putin and pro-Russia tweets on Twitter, and articles for the Medium, which when the media found, she quickly removed from the internet.
    In an article entitled “Why a Liberal Democrat Supports Vladimir Putin,” Reade seemingly believes that Putin is a loving figure that women find “intoxicating.”

  14. #14
    Legendary! PresidentElectMilchschake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Giving Fascists Tummy Aches
    Posts
    6,909
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasierith View Post
    This is what everyone was saying about Sanders going up against Biden in a debate, that Sander's firebrand approach would leave him stuttering and broken. A debate that turned out to be, at the very best for Sanders, break even with no major upsets.

    I do wonder, though... all the diehard bernie supporters (and even moreso Trump supporters masquarading as Sanders supporters) seem dead set on the narrative that Biden is mentally incapable of even speaking properly, much less being president. What does it say about Sanders that he couldn't roll him mano-a-mano?
    It's never been about M4A. It was always about "teaching the Dems a lesson". Basically Dominance Politics. In true Tankie fashion, Healthcare, labor rights, only matter if they get to be in charge.

    • They already commited to these Biden memes. They will damage Biden at all cost to prove themselves right.
    • Romney nearly bought these people off for $1000 last. They were all praise for Mitt's head fake to socialism.
    • Mitt only needed to wait a week. These people will now betray the class struggle for free.
    Welcome to GEN-OT, have a seat, we'll introduce you to the 23-year-old who will lecture you about how Democrats didn't try hard enough to improve the ACA, and once that's all set up you'll be assigned a socialist who supported Ron Paul up to 2015 to harass you forever.
    "Once bigotry or self-loathing permeate a given community, it is only a matter of time before deep metaphysical significance is assigned to the shape of human skulls."
    -Lady Foppington

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    It doesn't help she was a shill for Trump and Putin, and began deleting all her old posts.

    https://web.archive.org/web/20190404...n-f54ca2a3a405



    https://medium.com/@eddiekrassenstei...n-e4cb3ee38460





    And this gem:


    https://archive.is/Vi7Hf#selection-273.0-273.520
    Yea even as a Trump supporter I wouldn't touch this woman with a 10 foot pole. There are already enough creepy images of Biden with kids that theres no need to even try to use this and have it blow up in your face because shes a wacko. His stuff with kids will be his downfall as well as his speech impediment. While I feel bad for him honestly, its not something I would wish on my worst enemy as I have a good friend with the same condition, its not going to go well for him when he misspeaks. And its not his fault at all. Now he could use it to his advantage and get sympathy for it but he hasn't used it yet for that reason he tries to hide it still. Just he stuff of him with kids I don't see how he wins this.

  16. #16
    Titan Lenonis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    13,359
    Quote Originally Posted by Trunksee View Post
    These numbers are actually better for Trump.
    Only in Trumpland does a majority disapproval rating and losing all of the polls = actually better for Trump.

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Lenonis View Post
    Only in Trumpland does a majority disapproval rating and losing all of the polls = actually better for Trump.
    His percentage has not changed since he was elected. Not much up Not much down. Meaning his numbers are stable. Meaning this is a number we will be able to count on. Plus like I said he could lose the popular by up to 10 million and still win the election. All he needs to do is make Biden look like a senile man with hits of pedofilia and he will get more people to not show up or vote green party.

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Trunksee View Post
    All he needs to do is make Biden look like a senile man with hits of pedofilia
    Shining a light on things that also heavily apply to Trump might not be his best strategy.

  19. #19
    The Insane Kathandira's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Ziltoidia 9
    Posts
    17,689
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasierith View Post
    This is what everyone was saying about Sanders going up against Biden in a debate, that Sander's firebrand approach would leave him stuttering and broken. A debate that turned out to be, at the very best for Sanders, break even with no major upsets.

    I do wonder, though... all the diehard bernie supporters (and even moreso Trump supporters masquarading as Sanders supporters) seem dead set on the narrative that Biden is mentally incapable of even speaking properly, much less being president. What does it say about Sanders that he couldn't roll him mano-a-mano?
    I feel that Sanders had respect for Biden, which is why he didn’t lay into him. Trump has no respect for Biden, and I suspect he will make a mockery of him.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

    Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

  20. #20

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •