10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    As someone who hates Trump and voting Biden, I have to say Trump did better in tonight debate he'll for sure get a bump if not better from his performance. That said the moderator did a horrible job.
    I think Biden did great and I agree with Trump... she was good.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Odinfrost View Post
    Sadly he did make that slip-up where he called Trump for Abe Lincoln near the end... I don't know how the pro-Trump side is going to weaponize it, but they will definetely try.

A Fetus is not a person under the 14th amendment.

Christians are Forced Birth Fascists against Human Rights who indoctrinate and groom children. Prove me wrong.

Besides Trump not having a plan, not knowing how not to lie, and they usually everything has to be about him, but he takes no responsibility projecting BS he is always about, there's no fucking that fat ass is only 244 pounds. He is easily 300+. My god he looks like his suit was overstuffed and the 3 chins he has on his profile, no way.

Sadly he did make that slip-up where he called Trump for Abe Lincoln near the end... I don't know how the pro-Trump side is going to weaponize it, but they will definetely try.
    I'm given to understand that was an intentional jab.

10+ Year Old Account
    So Trump...just read it.

"More and more people are getting better," Trump said. "We have a problem that's a worldwide problem. This is a worldwide problem. But I've been congratulated by the heads of many countries on what we've been able to do ... It will go away and as I say, we're rounding the turn. We're rounding the corner. It's going away."

Trump later disputed warnings by public health officials in his administration that the virus would see a resurgence in the winter, claiming: "We're not going to have a dark winter at all. We're opening up our country."

Biden responded: "Anyone responsible for that many deaths should not remain as president of the United States of America."

"What I would do is make sure we have everyone encouraged to wear a mask all the time. I would make sure we move in the direction of rapid testing, investing in rapid testing."

"I would make sure that we set up national standards as to how to open up schools and open up businesses so they can be safe and give them the wherewithal, the financial resources, to be able to do that."

Biden and Trump are living in two different pandemic realities, but Biden's is the only one supported by health experts.
    Bolded for emphasis.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xmirrors View Post
    I'll take the bait...

Explain yourself. What did Trump actually do better than Biden?
    Well he spoke more directly to his base, he used the kind of language effective with his base many of whom hate politicians and don't trust government. He Brilliantly put himself as a one of us vs a one of them kind of guy and I think it will resonate how much we will find out on Monday.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xmirrors View Post
    I'll take the bait...

Explain yourself. What did Trump actually do better than Biden?
    He was myopic. It might be relatable to some... like when he was ignoring his presidency, to complain about Biden’s 8 as VP. People caught up in that moment, might not see the connotations.

- - - Updated - - -

Well he spoke more directly to his base, he used the kind of language effective with his base many of whom hate politicians and don't trust government. He Brilliantly put himself as a one of us vs a one of them kind of guy and I think it will resonate how much we will find out on Monday.
    Nailed it!
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

As someone who hates Trump and voting Biden, I have to say Trump did better in tonight debate he'll for sure get a bump if not better from his performance. That said the moderator did a horrible job.
    The bar was not to shit himself on stage. By not doing that, he did better, but you must live in Hammer" mirror universe if you believe he did better than Biden tonight. Tonight was worse for Trump even though he didn't shit himself.

Was it a slip-up? Trump had just got finished saying he was the least racist person in the entire room. Seems like calling him Lincoln was a pretty good dig. Especially since Republicans are constantly excusing their blatant racism by claiming that they're the "party of Lincoln."

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    How do you think did on that? I think it was one of the weaker points. He did fine, but I think he could have been more forceful with his tone. Speak more from his chest, is what I mean.
    It's largely the statement on: if we can ignore one's past then who gives a shit. The president tries to bring up Biden's failures as the VP (even though some of those burdens were on the president at the time) then we can bring up his own failures as president. If we can't, then vice-versa. It's stupid. It's do what I say not what I do.

Except he needed to talk to people besides his base. His base are going to vote for him no matter what. He NEEDS those "undecided" people or people voting third party. From all I gather about what I've read from this shitshow (I didn't watch), he did not do that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    I think Biden did great and I agree with Trump... she was good.
    Well Trump was still able to bulldoze over the rules, without his mics getting cut off, I would say she did worse because they knew what to expect and anticipated. Trump shouldn't have been allowed to keep going on and on.

Unfortunately for him, he needs more than his base to win...

Resonate with his base. Only his base. Not sure if you have been paying attention for the last year or so, but non core republican voters do not like Trumps shtick. They are turned off by him greatly. There is a reason there are many 400+EC landslides predicted, becasue the numbers are showing how much support Trump has lost since 2017.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    Except he needed to talk to people besides his base. His base are going to vote for him no matter what. He NEEDS those "undecided" people or people voting third party. From all I gather about what I've read from this shitshow (I didn't watch), he did not do that.
    Well I think his base who might have had questions he has fired up, I think that will have a reverberation among others including undecideds. Whether it has been enough.

Okay, but that isn't a net gain. You said his performance would give him a boost, but he already had the support of his base...his goal tonight was to win others over. It's the only way he is going to have a chance at this thing. What did he do to win over the undecideds? Or sway anyone away from Biden?

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    Was it a slip-up? Trump had just got finished saying he was the least racist person in the entire room. Seems like calling him Lincoln was a pretty good dig. Especially since Republicans are constantly excusing their blatant racism by claiming that they're the "party of Lincoln."
    Yup. Funny that the man who constantly has to claim he was only being sarcastic doesn't understand when it is being used against him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Radux View Post
    It's largely the statement on: if we can ignore one's past then who gives a shit. The president tries to bring up Biden's failures as the VP (even though some of those burdens were on the president at the time) then we can bring up his own failures as president. If we can't, then vice-versa. It's stupid. It's do what I say not what I do.
    Yep, I was thinking the content was there, but I think he was trying to be “normal”. A few of his bad stutters, were because he got fired up, but had to put a lid on it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SirBeef View Post
    Resonate with his base. Only his base. Not sure if you have been paying attention for the last year or so, but non core republican voters do not like Trumps shtick. They are turned off by him greatly. There is a reason there are many 400+EC landslides predicted, becasue the numbers are showing how much support Trump has lost since 2017.
    Yeah, but I think he did well enough to lead some of those back, especially when they were discussing healthcare, Trump got in some really great zingers, and lines especially for those that don't know better.

"Windmills kill birds!"

You know what kills a fucking shit ton more birds than windmills? Skyscrapers. You know what Trump owns? Skyscrapers.

Trump is a bird murderer!