10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SirBeef View Post
    Considering they were concerned with his lies, bragging about himself, and attacking Biden over debunked stuff, nothing will change. Seriously, Just because he didn't shit himself doesn't mean he was good.
    Well just ask them, it would be interesting to get their take, I know plenty of Conservatives as well.

As I said I am voting Biden and been in support of him from day 1. But I can't say that Trump didn't do well.

I know by any ordinary or decent metric that is insane, but we live in wild times.

Trumps lies were very effective tonight.

1. His taxes he explained away why he hasn't disclosed his Taxes.
    2. He effectively positioned himself as a political outsider
    3. He took Joe on for his 37+ Year record and his part in the crime bill and Criminal justice.

I think when it came to the Corona Virus he got in some good lines as well about opening up and cure vs the disease argument about opening up the country. This will be effective especially among the dumbest.

Biden on the other hand.

1. Won the debate on the Corona Virus
    2. Won the debate on Healthcare
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

hmmm do we believe the reporting arm or the opinion arm? lol

Overall on the debate:

Trump more restrained than last time, at least early on. I think that gets some GOP die hards that were going to stay at home to maybe come out. I doubt it wins him any undecideds.

Biden strong on substantive policy and actual plans, as before, and did better at Trumping Trump a few times.

Hunter Biden is not running for anything, and we have Joe Biden's tax returns to prove he didn't take foreign money.

Overall, I don't think this debate made anyone switch sides, but it likely moved some undecideds (HOW are you still undecided at this point?!?!?!?) to Biden and some disaffected GOP voters back to Trump instead of not voting.

Polls next week will be interesting.

As for Welker, I think she did a much better job than Matthews at reigning them in. That was a staggeringly low bar to clear.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Woods View Post
    LOL never change guys. I guess you won't because conservatism.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    I do care what people on this forum think of me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    This site is amazing. It's comments like this, that make this site amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Valkyrst View Post
    Agree, but he was clear on context. 2035 and then 2050. And really, if the world at large hasn’t started phasing out of fossil fuels by then, we’re done fucked. So it’s a contentious point. Biden was clear throughout saying, the key is the jobs. We will go renewable and clean as a planet and not lose jobs.
    Did he lay out the context?
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

Quote Originally Posted by Thepersona View Post
    The only thing that i consider a major Gaffe for Biden was his answer to transition out of fossil fuels. It's like, dude, do it after you're elected.
    No point in lying. All the majors, Shell, BP, Chevron, and to a certain extent Exxon, are all transitioning to renewables. Either that or die 15 - 20 years from now.

Got a quote for those of us outside the paywall?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by alexw View Post
    Err yeah except he's been the president for the last 4 years.

The stupids who make up his base will be able to ignore that but just about no one else will.

That tactic only works if you are the outsider challenging the incumbent, but right now he is the incumbent.
    True

I think the attack on Biden 37 years was effective, his attack on Biden as VP, is kind of stupid

The Democrats should have kept Biden in his basement. Joe was called out for his racist crime bill, his corrupt family, the cages built under his watch, and his complete ineptitude during his eight years as VP. This was painful to watch. When Joe wasn't busy correcting himself or being a stammering idiot, he resembled a deer in headlights. The dementia-riddled fool even had the brass to publicly state his stance against fossil fuels!! LOL!

And who the hell are the "Poor Boys"?! Are they the ones who he previously said can be as smart as white kids? *snicker*

Congrats to President Trump for maintaining his cool and exposing what apparently is the best candidate the Democrats can put forth, which speaks volumes about the current state of affairs for their party.
    I'm Joe Biden and I forgot this message.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xmirrors View Post
    The last debate was considered an overall shitshow yet netted Biden some points. Even were I to entertain the possibility that Trump had an equal or slightly better performance than Biden, I don't see any evidence that this will sway points towards Trump.
    Yeah the bar is very low, I think that's also what helps Trump here, bottom line I hope everyone who can does get out and votes Trump out.

Quote Originally Posted by Rasulis View Post
    No point in lying. All the majors, Shell, BP, Chevron, and to a certain extent Exxon, are all transitioning to renewables. Either that or die 15 - 20 years from now.
    Yea, i know. But dont say it. Because some imbeciles might get skittish.

Quote Originally Posted by Thepersona View Post
    Did he lay out the context?
    Yeah. No new oil or fracking on federal land, from right now. End subsidies for fossil fuels and increase subsidies for renewables to aid in transition, particularly at grid scale. 100% renewable/net-zero-carbon for grid power generation by 2035, 100% renewable/net-zero-carbon nationwide by 2050.

Easily achievable if financial incentives are put in the right places to make it make sense dollar wise.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    So he offered a new and compelling reason? Because "I am under audit" is neither new nor compelling.

He lives in the White House. Next!

3. He took Joe on for his 37+ Year record and his part in the crime bill and Criminal justice.
    Which Biden has already admitted was a mistake. Also, considering Trump lives in the White House, blaming someone else for not doing something seems pretty own-goalish.

Quote Originally Posted by Antiganon View Post
    looks like they got the corporate records and it shows no joe biden involvment.

Quote Originally Posted by 57States View Post
    Word salad
    I will answer your word salad with this:

Well just ask them, it would be interesting to get their take, I know plenty of Conservatives as well.

As I said I am voting Biden and been in support of him from day 1. But I can't say that Trump didn't do well.

I know by any ordinary or decent metric that is insane, but we live in wild times.

Trumps lies were very effective tonight.

I think when it came to the Corona Virus he got in some good lines as well about opening up and cure vs the disease argument about opening up the country. This will be effective especially among the dumbest.

Biden on the other hand.

1. Won the debate on the Corona Virus
    2. Won the debate on Healthcare
    I’m sorry but you’re chatting utter shit.

1. Anyone who’s ever paid taxes can tell you his answer was straight out of dodge town.
    2. He’s not a political outsider. He’s the fucking President of the country and leads one of the two major parties in the country. He’s also more corrupt than any other politician out there and has a potential rap sheet longer than 10 Ron Jeremy dicks.
    3. He did nothing to take on Joe’s record because Joe’s record is better aggregated than Trump’s. The crime bill thing was a total fuck up too because he walked right into a wall of racist dog whistles about black kids and gangs.
    4. Regarding Covid, he got in good lines? The dead if in coffins would form a border wall longer than the one he keeps masturbating over. Again, only the dumbest would believe him.

So again, his base might like it, but the average person has seen it all before.

1. The same lie he's been telling about them for years?
    2. He's the fucking president. You don't get to claim to be outside the system when you have been the system for 4 years.
    3. The only possible point he could have scored, and yet it was something Biden admitted was a mistake that he's going to try and fix. When was the last time Trump's dumbass even admitted he wasn't perfect, much less made a mistake?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by 57States View Post
    his corrupt family
    The report that not even Trump can back up with anything other than vague comments? Also a Trump supporter doesn't get to call another family corrupt without calling themselves a hypocrite. You're not a hypocrite, are you?

Quote Originally Posted by Antiganon View Post
    I’m on my phone. Just go incognito. I don’t pay WSJ, fuck that shit.

10+ Year Old Account
    So he offered a new and compelling reason? Because "I am under audit" is neither new nor compelling.

He lives in the White House. Next!

Which Biden has already admitted was a mistake. Also, considering Trump lives in the White House, blaming someone else for not doing something seems pretty own-goalish.
    No I meant the over payment of taxes as a reason he paid no taxes for the years printed about in the NYT.