1. #21061
    Titan Lenonis's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    14,396
    Quote Originally Posted by Somewhatconcerned View Post
    If it makes you feel any better, I decided awhile back not to vote this year (doesn't matter, don't live in a swing state anyway).
    Then maybe you shouldn't be posting in a political forum if you aren't going to participate in the political process.
    Forum badass alert:
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    It's called resistance / rebellion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    Also, one day the tables might turn.

  2. #21062
    Quote Originally Posted by Lenonis View Post
    Then maybe you shouldn't be posting in a political forum if you aren't going to participate in the political process.
    He's also lying... so there's that.

  3. #21063
    Merely a Setback PACOX's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    ██████
    Posts
    26,553
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Nah, that's because I know you are lying, and you were already caught lying... multiple times.

    You started out pretending to totes be a liberal, then feigned concern about Biden and the Democrats, before completely jumping the shark in roughly March 2019, and going full Trumpster.

    https://www.mmo-champion.com/poll.ph...do=showresults

    Feel free to keep lying, and I'll be glad to keep posting the receipts.
    This is why social desirability bias is a thing. Also why polls where names are show are ridiculous with little true value.

    Resident Cosplay Progressive

  4. #21064
    It ain’t over till the fat lady sings. In this two swing states that Trump won in 2016, the fat lady is peeking around the curtains waiting for her cue.

    North Carolina is at 71.5% of 2016. Democrats is leading by 9.3 pts and GOP is ahead of NPA by only 1.2%.



    Iowa is at 48% of 2016. Democrats have a large lead of 19.5 pts over the GOP with NPA holding on to 18.1% of the vote.



    The fat lady exited the stage a long time ago in California. At this point we have a hippo wallowing in a mud pit. There is a good chance that Trump will break the all time record of 42% presidential victory gap in California.

  5. #21065
    Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    That's cool and all if people actually want to go that route.
    What's the end goal? Because it really sounds like just fundamentally changing the government for a partisan victory like some team sport instead of actually managing a country. Theres more to it than just which party can win more elections. Those parties may not even exist in 10 years meanwhile the hot topic is to rectify institutions for their gain?

    The last thing this country needs to do is expand the EC or add useless seats to the Houses. DC and Puerto Rico deserve statehood because they deserve representation, not because they can make it easier for Democrats or Republicans to control the government.

    I'm all for allying with Dems (NPA) to get good legislation passed or to keep bad legislation out but miss me with changing the country so the DNC become a monolith.
    So you're totally fine with senators representing 153 million people overruling senators that represent 168m people?

    Because it sure sounds like that's what you're ok with.

  6. #21066
    Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    This is why social desirability bias is a thing. Also why polls where names are show are ridiculous with little true value.
    It has plenty of value, it's evidence against disingenuous people.

    Are you upset that people got caught lying?

  7. #21067
    Quote Originally Posted by Lenonis View Post
    Then maybe you shouldn't be posting in a political forum if you aren't going to participate in the political process.
    Fair take.

  8. #21068
    Quote Originally Posted by Rasulis View Post
    It ain’t over till the fat lady sings. In this two swing states that Trump won in 2016, the fat lady is peeking around the curtains waiting for her cue.

    North Carolina is at 71.5% of 2016. Democrats is leading by 9.3 pts and GOP is ahead of NPA by only 1.2%.



    Iowa is at 48% of 2016. Democrats have a large lead of 19.5 pts over the GOP with NPA holding on to 18.1% of the vote.



    The fat lady exited the stage a long time ago in California. At this point we have a hippo wallowing in a mud pit. There is a good chance that Trump will break the all time record of 42% presidential victory gap in California.
    I still think this will be a lot closer than people want to admit. When people step into those booths, and nobody is there to watch them, they are more honest about what they really support. It's why libertarians almost always poll better than the votes they actually receive. People will say all sorts of things in public, but when they are under less scrutiny, their true character comes out.

    After the last four years, I have very little faith in humans being decent.

  9. #21069
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    I still think this will be a lot closer than people want to admit. When people step into those booths, and nobody is there to watch them, they are more honest about what they really support. It's why libertarians almost always poll better than the votes they actually receive. People will say all sorts of things in public, but when they are under less scrutiny, their true character comes out.

    After the last four years, I have very little faith in humans being decent.
    Those are not polls. Those are actual ballots/votes received by party affiliation as reported by respective states.

  10. #21070
    Void Lord Felya's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    the other
    Posts
    58,334
    Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    This is why social desirability bias is a thing. Also why polls where names are show are ridiculous with little true value.
    You mean Trump’s silent majority?
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

  11. #21071
    Quote Originally Posted by Rasulis View Post
    Those are not polls. Those are actual ballots/votes received by party affiliation as reported by respective states.
    Oh, I get that.. and it looks good for Democrats as a whole. But, this is going to boil down to Pennsylvania, and maybe Florida. I know a lot of police officers, and sadly, almost every single one of them is voting for Trump... as are their families. They've bought into the lies.

    In the end, it won't take many people to sway the results in a couple states, and this election is far from over.

  12. #21072
    Quote Originally Posted by Rasulis View Post
    North Carolina is at 71.5% of 2016. Democrats is leading by 9.3 pts and GOP is ahead of NPA by only 1.2%.

    Maybe I'm confused, but it seems like the "NPA" group keeps getting ignored when you post stuff like this. In this case, that's a million votes that could go either way. Unless you have information that's not listed here, I don't think it's safe to assume that most of them are voting for the (D) ticket. Especially since Trump has made (R) pretty much poison and people are less likely to identify with the party (even if they're still willing to vote for it).

  13. #21073
    Quote Originally Posted by Milchshake View Post
    I'm not sure if you work. But have you been on Zoom/Teams/BlueJeans?

    I mean 8 months into this, people at work still get gaffled by these interfaces. "Am I sharing my screen now?" "Are you seeing my spreadsheets yet"
    This. The whole political attack of trying to paint Biden as old and feeble is straight-up low energy. It’s like me saying that I won’t vote for Trump based solely on how fucking fat he is.
    Last edited by Gelannerai; 2020-10-27 at 05:05 PM.

  14. #21074
    Void Lord Felya's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    the other
    Posts
    58,334
    Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    Maybe I'm confused, but it seems like the "NPA" group keeps getting ignored when you post stuff like this. In this case, that's a million votes that could go either way. Unless you have information that's not listed here, I don't think it's safe to assume that most of them are voting for the (D) ticket. Especially since Trump has made (R) pretty much poison and people are less likely to identify with the party (even if they're still willing to vote for it).
    I believe he is treating the NPA as 50/50... it’s not ignored, it’s just you can’t derive anything from it.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

  15. #21075
    http://www.milwaukeeindependent.com/...ally-waukesha/



    What originally began as a banner supporting law enforcement in recent years been increasingly hijacked by White Supremacist groups who use it as a Neo-Confederate flag and symbol of the anti-Black Lives Matter movement. Since the death of George Floyd it has been flown alongside the American flag at Trump rallies.

    At his “superspreader” event in Waukesha on October 24, Trump’s campaign took the unprecedented step of replacing the patriotic red, white, and blue of the “Stars and Stripes.” Instead, the cold black, white, and blue was displayed as the dominant background for Trump at the event, in what critics call a visual dog whistle.

    Those who fly the flag have said it stands for solidarity and professional pride within a dangerous, difficult profession and a solemn tribute to fallen police officers. But it has also been flown by white supremacists, appearing next to Confederate flags at the 2017 ‘Unite the Right’ rally in Charlottesville. As police became the focal point of a fight for racial equality in the United States, the flag returned to both mirror and amplify divisions. But how did this flag come to be so pervasive? And what does it really stand for?
    This matters. Flags matter (believe it or not) as symbols. They're abandoning the flag of the United States of America in favor of another symbolic flag, one that doesn't represent this country and what many of us believe to be some of our core values (or at least what they should be), and instead stands as a symbol to racism. It may have started as a way to show support for law enforcement, but its presence amongst white supremacists isn't unknown.

    That the Trump campaign decided to USE THAT INSTEAD OF THE FLAG OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA at a political rally, matters.

  16. #21076
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Oh, I get that.. and it looks good for Democrats as a whole. But, this is going to boil down to Pennsylvania, and maybe Florida. I know a lot of police officers, and sadly, almost every single one of them is voting for Trump... as are their families. They've bought into the lies.

    In the end, it won't take many people to sway the results in a couple states, and this election is far from over.
    I did not post PA because the early votes are only up to 27.3% of 2016 total votes. However, Democrats are leading by 48.9%. The GOP will need to win the remaining votes by around 18% just to break even.

    I agree that Florida will be close. However, Biden does not need Florida to win the election. It is not in his critical path.

  17. #21077
    Old God Milchshake's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Shitposter Burn Out
    Posts
    10,120
    Quote Originally Posted by kaelleria View Post
    So you're totally fine with senators representing 153 million people overruling senators that represent 168m people?

    Because it sure sounds like that's what you're ok with.
    I mean their schtick for the past 5 years has been to loudly complain that Dems are not progressive. Pardon the whiplash, now its complaining that reforming the courts is too progressive...


    Maybe the schtick is, to just loudly complain about Dems. So you maintain social desirability among your Fox viewing parents, or South Park Republican friends in Raid Chat.


    All progressive policies will die in a conservative SCOTUS. There's plenty of historical precedent in this, from the Fuller Court to Lochner.
    Last edited by Milchshake; 2020-10-27 at 05:07 PM.
    Government Affiliated Snark

  18. #21078
    Void Lord Felya's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    the other
    Posts
    58,334
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelannerai View Post
    This. The whole political attack of trying to paint Biden as old and feeble is straight-up low energy.
    I earned the right to not turn my camera on at work, because I wore a giant luchador mask on the first team call... people literally screamed in horror... I am exempt...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

  19. #21079
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    I believe he is treating the NPA as 50/50... it’s not ignored, it’s just you can’t derive anything from it.
    Yup. Likely NPA will break for Democrats. I just don't want to speculate. Plenty of that on this board already.

  20. #21080
    Old God Milchshake's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Shitposter Burn Out
    Posts
    10,120
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    I earned the right to not turn my camera on at work, because I wore a giant luchador mask on the first team call... people literally screamed in horror... I am exempt...

    I constantly resynch my Outlook folder. "Awww geeez im lagging. I'm going to turn off my camera to save bandwidth guys".

    <naps off camera>
    Government Affiliated Snark

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •