10+ Year Old Account
    Ya 30 million newly unemployed Americans are very concerned about Flynn getting a fair deal.

These posters really have the pulse of the American electorate. /s
    Government Affiliated Snark

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Asking Flynn if he works for a foreign government, when investigators know that he was, is not railroading to make him lie. That’s fucked up spin doctoring...

- - - Updated - - -

A cop seeing you buy drugs, asking you if you bought drugs, isn’t trying to trick you to lie. lol
    It's just more handwaving and deflection from conservative pieces of shit that can no longer equivocate their president's incompetence and inaction. He didn't want to interrupt his rally schedule and now 60,000 Americans are dead. Fuck him.
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    There is a problem, but I know just banning guns will fix the problem.

Asking Flynn if he works for a foreign government, when investigators know that he was, is not railroading to make him lie. That’s fucked up spin doctoring...

- - - Updated - - -

A cop seeing you buy drugs, asking you if you bought drugs, isn’t trying to trick you to lie. lol
    I was responding to one of the many proven Trumpsters who tried to "both sides" everything at first, and act as if they were Democrats.

There's a lot of them running around.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Milchshake View Post
    Ya 30 million newly unemployed Americans are very concerned about Flynn getting a fair deal.
    With the only connection to Biden, being that Flynn was fired from Obama’s staff, for a different indiscretion. The only connection to Trump, is he hired him anyway.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

As I said in the other thread...more than one thing can be newsworthy. It could happen to any one of us. Or is it only a big deal when it happens to someone who shares your political ideology?

Quote Originally Posted by Somewhatconcerned View Post
    The Flynn news will not bode well for the Dems hoping to swing voters to their side. No matter what people think of Trump, most Americans hate even more the idea of someone being railroaded. Not a good look.
    The Americans that think he was railroaded with that question, a standard question any person who isn't a total idiot would ask, are absolute idiots who have no idea what railraoding is.

No matter what Trump does you'll always have a ring of Cheeto dust around your mouth.
    “Logic: The art of thinking and reasoning in strict accordance with the limitations and incapacities of the human misunderstanding.”
    "Conservative, n: A statesman who is enamored of existing evils, as distinguished from the Liberal who wishes to replace them with others."
    Ambrose Bierce
    The Bird of Hermes Is My Name, Eating My Wings To Make Me Tame.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    I was responding to one of the many proven Trumpsters who tried to "both sides" everything at first, and act as if they were Democrats.

There's a lot of them running around.
    Oh I know, my last two posts were in agreement, just adding my bullshit to it.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

As I said in the other thread...more than one thing can be newsworthy. It could happen to any one of us. Or is it only a big deal when it happens to someone who shares your political ideology?
    Well, I don't tend to lie to the FBI, so I guess it couldn't happen to any of us.

It didn't happen to me, but Flynn sure did lie... and he admitted he lied.

10+ Year Old Account
    Biden was on the staff that fired Flynn, when he was working for Obama. What political ideology, the guy worked for both, Obama and Trump.

Oh and fuck off with that “happen to someone else”. If anyone of us did what Flynn did, we would be in jail. The only reason this is getting attention, is because a billionaire wants to pardon him, without looking like he just pardoned a foreign agent from his own former staff.

Oh I know, my last two posts were in agreement, just adding my bullshit to it.
    it's amazing how far Trumpsters will go to defend government corruption.

Well, I don't tend to lie to the FBI, so I guess it couldn't happen to any of us.

It didn't happen to me, but Flynn sure did lie... and he admitted he lied.
    Yes, after he was misled by bad counsel because his son was being threatened as part of the investigation. Throws his entire plea into doubt. Judge could easily vacate the verdict.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, after he was misled by bad counsel because his son was being threatened as part of the investigation. Throws his entire plea into doubt. Judge could easily vacate the verdict.
    He was mislead by his council? I am sorry, why is this an issue? If his plea is in doubt, we are heading to court?

So, he admitted he lied... because he picked bad lawyers? That's something criminals say all the time.

That's a pretty bold argument, good luck with that!!!

Or, he could have simply not lied to investigators in the first place... just a thought.

10+ Year Old Account
    So, he admitted he lied... because he picked bad lawyers? That's something criminals say all the time.

Remember that the alternative, is him saying the truth and being punished for not registering as a foreign agent. His lawyer now thinks they can get a better deal with a Trump pardon.

@Somewhatconcerned what do you think would have happened if Flynn said the truth? His son would be convicted based on his honest testimony?
    Last edited by Felya; 2020-04-30 at 04:16 PM.

Remember that the alternative, is him saying the truth and being punished for not registering as a foreign agent. His lawyer now thinks they can get a better deal with a Trump pardon.
    Of course, Trump would pardon anyone who helped cover up his corruption.

He's just hoping he'll get his own spot on Fox News.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка

Yeah, they'll have to think long and hard about which of the 2 politicians, neither of which support giving them healthcare, they have to vote for.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CommunismWillWin View Post
    Yeah, they'll have to think long and hard about which of the 2 politicians, neither of which support giving them healthcare, they have to vote for.
    Why wouldn’t Biden support giving them healthcare? I don’t understand why we wouldn’t at least get ACA back...

Edit: While Biden was VP, we got ACA, Consumer Protection agency, payroll tax cuts and banks had to pay back their bail out... with interest.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana View Post
    Biden has stated several times that he is against most forms of social security. You can easily find the soundbites of him stating he wants to cut pensions and all that stuff.
    The guy who was VP while ACA was implemented? While consumer protection agency was installed? When glass steagle was limited to 1%? When we had banks and corporations pay back their loans, with interest? Bullshit...

The only way you think now is better than under Obama, is if you are a bank, conglomerate or energy tycoon.
    Last edited by Felya; 2020-04-30 at 04:30 PM.

Or, he could have simply not lied to investigators in the first place... just a thought.
    What even is the argument there? That the bad thing he did was telling the truth about the lies he'd already been caught in?
    Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition, to wit: There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect. There is nothing more or else to it, and there never has been, in any place or time. --Frank Wilhoit

Quote Originally Posted by Rochana View Post
    Biden has stated several times that he is against most forms of social security. You can easily find the soundbites of him stating he wants to cut pensions and all that stuff.
    Evidence, please.