1. #2121
    Void Lord Felya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    the other
    Posts
    57,772
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana View Post
    For once you might be correct.

    But like I said, my emotion in this subject is anger and displeasure. Hard to contain and at times it makes me lash out aggressively.
    Lash out at Biden only... you have never even said the name of the woman Trump attacked in 2016. Not even once...

    Oh and you 100% more honest alt right, threatened her until she dropped the case.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

  2. #2122
    Merely a Setback Adam Jensen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Sarif Industries, Detroit
    Posts
    28,802
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Bernie supporter, ladies and gentlemen.
    Some of them maybe.

    I'm a Bernie supporter. Will likely be voting for Biden in 2020. Because despite Rochana's repeated protests, he's a vast improvement over Donald Trump. Yes, he's milquetoast, yes he's establishment, no, he's not progressive. But at least with Biden we won't continue this slide backwards into full idocracy.

    Our president literally just suggested injecting people's lungs with bleach, just a few days ago. So no, I will be voting for Joe because Joe, as shitty as he is, is still an improvement over President Pine-Sol

  3. #2123
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana View Post
    This is a bit of a fucked up way of looking at the world to be honest.

    There isn't a scale of rapeyness or being morally bankrupt. Just like you can't score 'points' of honor.
    There most definitely is a scale of rapeyness and being morally bankrupt. We leave it up to judges to decide that at sentencing when a crime is proven.

  4. #2124
    Void Lord Felya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    the other
    Posts
    57,772
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Some of them maybe.

    I'm a Bernie supporter. Will likely be voting for Biden in 2020. Because despite Rochana's repeated protests, he's a vast improvement over Donald Trump. Yes, he's milquetoast, yes he's establishment, no, he's not progressive. But at least with Biden we won't continue this slide backwards into full idocracy.

    Our president literally just suggested injecting people's lungs with bleach, just a few days ago. So no, I will be voting for Joe because Joe, as shitty as he is, is still an improvement over President Pine-Sol
    I intentionally deleted the s at the end of supporters... I agree... this supporter...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

  5. #2125
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Oh and you 100% more honest alt right, threatened her until she dropped the case.
    If only the New York Times wasn't trying to do the same to Tara Reade, only then I wouldn't have to point out how trashy of a news source they are... yes, even worse than alt-right youtubers.
    - The One and Only, the Legendary, the Mighty - You might recognize me from the forum signatures of lesser mortals obsessed with me. -
    Vexing little man-babies and normies on the internet since before you were born.

  6. #2126
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana View Post
    If only the New York Times wasn't trying to do the same to Tara Reade, only then I wouldn't have to point out how trashy of a news source they are... yes, even worse than alt-right youtubers.
    We're still waiting on all that evidence.

    Then again, you just admitted that it's not about sexual assault.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana View Post
    My displeasure with the Democratic Party's establishment is indeed so great that I'd not be upset if Trump won the elections again in 2020.
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    Multiculturalism hurts and kills. This happened before Trump and it would be happening without him. Racism arises from a multicultural society. If we were monocultural, people would not see issues through the lens of race.
    This is a poster saying that people are at fault for being the victims of terrorism, because they are not white.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    I hate personal freedom because people abuse it like a shiny new toy.

  7. #2127
    Void Lord Felya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    the other
    Posts
    57,772
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana View Post
    If only the New York Times wasn't trying to do the same to Tara Reade, only then I wouldn't have to point out how trashy of a news source they are... yes, even worse than alt-right youtubers.
    I’m sorry, NYT is not threatening her life. Alt right did... you still have yet to say the name of the woman Trump abused in 2016... you have google.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

  8. #2128
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana View Post
    The truth is that I'd actually be fucking annoyed, as annoyed as I am right now at Biden being the nominee.

    I'm going to be pissed off either way.
    So, putting women and minority rights at risk because you're mad. Creating an even more pro-corporate judiciary, which you claim to oppose, because you're mad.

    I hope you realize the fundamental irrationality and contradiction of your position here.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana View Post
    Just because you don't see the harm and danger behind continued liberalism doesn't mean other people are blind to it either.
    There is no objective measure in which this is true.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana View Post
    Will Biden put more Kagans and Sotomayers on the Supreme Court up to the point that those types hold the majority?
    We can imagine so, yes. He hasn't released any names, but he's confirmed he's looking for a black woman to boost representation in the court - https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/16/polit...nee/index.html

    And if some of his past comments are anything to go on, he's not looking for another ivy-league academic. There's every indication he'd be looking to someone more like a Sotomayor or Kagan for his picks, and he'd likely replace the extremely popular RBG (whether she steps down voluntarily or leaves to due illness/death). If you think there won't be insane pressure and expectation to find someone ideologically similar in their interpretation of the law as RBG then I really don't know what to say, because there will be immense pressure to do so.

  9. #2129
    The Undying cubby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    the Quiet Room
    Posts
    31,122
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    I’m sorry, NYT is not threatening her life. Alt right did... you still have yet to say the name of the woman Trump abused in 2016... you have google.
    I see the Trumpsters are still pushing their false concerned narrative. I love seeing these people so concerned about women now that it helps their losing cause.

  10. #2130
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana View Post

    Will Biden put more Kagans and Sotomayers on the Supreme Court up to the point that those types hold the majority?
    Again, the next two justices to retire are liberals, RBG and Breyer. It's more about holding position so that eventually when Thomas retires/dies, we can flip the court.

    This is simple math, that you continually refuse to accept.

    If Trump wins, and say, only gets one more nomination because Breyer holds on (RBG has been wanting to retire for years, and is now fighting cancer, which is currently in remission). He'll get a 6th solid conservative pick, and his 3 staunchly conservative picks will have replaced one staunch conservative (Scalia), a true swing vote, even more swing-y that Roberts (Kennedy), and a liberal (RBG). His majority will be solidly 6-3, and if we're lucky and Thomas eventually retires/dies under a Dem president, we'll be back to square 1, a 5-4 conservative majority.

    God forbid Trump gets two more picks because Breyer can't hold on, and his majority becomes 7-2. That means the Court would be lost until at least Alito and Roberts retire. And Roberts ain't retiring any time soon.

    Why can't you understand this?

  11. #2131
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Why can't you understand this?
    They've already cut off their nose, don't expect them to see past it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

  12. #2132
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana View Post
    You might win me over to this reasoning if it somehow can be shown that these current (or past) liberal judges have done anything meaningful at all to stop the increase in wealth inequality or corporate influence growing larger within the USA.
    SCOTUS justices aren't kings, and they're in the judicary, not the legislature. Their job is to interpret the constitutionality of those laws, and if you want to look back at rulings like Citizen's United, you saw that it was the conservative justices that led to that result as the remaining 4, including Stevens, Ginsburg, Breyer, and Sotomayor (hey, one of those names is familiar!) dissenting. Had there been another "liberal" justice I imagine the ruling would have been very different, and we wouldn't have the legal opinion that "money = speech" which is patently ludicrous.

    There are limits to what justices can do. But the way you continue to talk about the SCOTUS gives off the distinct impression that you haven't the foggiest clue what it was created for, how it works, or what it does.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana View Post
    Until then, I honestly don't care about anything else much. Until then it can all burn down to the ground for all I care.
    "The world is complicated and confusing and I don't understand it so burn everything down" is not gonna win you any allies...well...pretty much anywhere.

  13. #2133
    If the Euro left is really this childish and ignorant. It explains why Corbyn and much of the Euro left is in such disarray.

    I mean if they can willfully ignore Citizens United, which greatly expanded corporate power by a 5-4 vote, there isnt much hope for them.
    I mean if they can willfully ignore Shelby vs Holder, which greatly contracted voting rights by a 5-4 vote, there isnt much hope for them.

    The only hope is realizing that these guys are porbably Tories or Putin shills just posing as Leftists.

  14. #2134
    Titan Lenonis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    13,467
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana View Post
    Until then it can all burn down to the ground for all I care.
    So hey. Finally someone admitted to being a political arsonist. Maybe y'all can stop trying to reason with someone who just wants it all to burn so we don't have another 100 pages of this merry-go-round?

  15. #2135
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana View Post
    You might win me over to this reasoning if it somehow can be shown that these current (or past) liberal judges have done anything meaningful at all to stop the increase in wealth inequality or corporate influence growing larger within the USA.

    Until then, I honestly don't care about anything else much. Until then it can all burn down to the ground for all I care.
    This isn't much of an argument, it's appealing to willful ignorance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    Multiculturalism hurts and kills. This happened before Trump and it would be happening without him. Racism arises from a multicultural society. If we were monocultural, people would not see issues through the lens of race.
    This is a poster saying that people are at fault for being the victims of terrorism, because they are not white.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    I hate personal freedom because people abuse it like a shiny new toy.

  16. #2136
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana View Post
    You might win me over to this reasoning if it somehow can be shown that these current (or past) liberal judges have done anything meaningful at all to stop the increase in wealth inequality or corporate influence growing larger within the USA.

    Until then, I honestly don't care about anything else much. Until then it can all burn down to the ground for all I care.
    They've had a 5-4 majority since before most of us were born. Do you remember William Rehnquist? He was CJ for a SCOTUS that was ostensibly 4-4 with a "swing" vote in Kennedy, but Kennedy far more regularly voted with the conservatives, and has been shown to be a bit of a conservative shill since retiring when he did (long before any health concerns) with Trump connections through his son.

    The last liberal-majority SCOTUS was the Warren Court, in the 60s. Guess what came out of that court? Things like Miranda Rights, limits on police power, limits on warrant power, civil rights, Brown v. Board of Education, desegregation in general, and so on, and so forth. Oh, and Roe v. Wade.

    It's disingenuous as fuck to continue to shill SCOTUS picks as "not interesting" when you know nothing about the history of the Court, and how important its ideological balance is - and how conservative it has been for most of the past 100 years.

    Edit: Here's a chart showing the ideological bent of the SCOTUS. The thick yellow line is the "median" justice. Look how conservative it is.



    P.S. This image doesn't even include Gorsuch and Kavanaugh yet.
    Last edited by eschatological; 2020-04-29 at 07:15 PM.

  17. #2137
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    They've had a 5-4 majority since before most of us were born. Do you remember William Rehnquist? He was CJ for a SCOTUS that was ostensibly 4-4 with a "swing" vote in Kennedy, but Kennedy far more regularly voted with the conservatives, and has been shown to be a bit of a conservative shill since retiring when he did (long before any health concerns) with Trump connections through his son.

    The last liberal-majority SCOTUS was the Warren Court, in the 60s. Guess what came out of that court? Things like Miranda Rights, limits on police power, limits on warrant power, civil rights, Brown v. Board of Education, desegregation in general, and so on, and so forth.

    It's disingenuous as fuck to continue to shill SCOTUS picks as "not interesting" when you know nothing about the history of the Court, and how important its ideological balance is - and how conservative it has been for most of the past 100 years.
    People really need to realize the Warren Court was a a complete outlier in SCOTUS history. It only happened after modern Dems held presidency for so long.

    Then in 1968, Lefties had this brilliant idea to start withholding their votes because LBJ made them mad.
    Oh look, 50 years of SCOTUS courts. (Rehnquist was a Nixon appointee afterall).
    Last edited by Milchshake; 2020-04-29 at 07:16 PM.

  18. #2138
    Void Lord Felya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    the other
    Posts
    57,772
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    "The world is complicated and confusing and I don't understand it so burn everything down" is not gonna win you any allies...well...pretty much anywhere.
    As I have been saying, their argument is a necessary evil. That’s what burning everything down means. It’s taking the idea of imperialism and applying it morally. Punishing the locals for their barbaric customs, by electing the necessary evil to turn away from vial liberalism.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Milchshake View Post
    The only hope is realizing that these guys are porbably Tories or Putin shills just posing as Leftists.
    The irony of alt right, is that they claim to be real liberals. Random posters are not shills, but misguided and those moving the strings, are just in it for the money. Most alt right talking heads, would be homeless without their bowl movement.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

  19. #2139
    The Undying cubby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    the Quiet Room
    Posts
    31,122
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    They've had a 5-4 majority since before most of us were born. Do you remember William Rehnquist? He was CJ for a SCOTUS that was ostensibly 4-4 with a "swing" vote in Kennedy, but Kennedy far more regularly voted with the conservatives, and has been shown to be a bit of a conservative shill since retiring when he did (long before any health concerns) with Trump connections through his son.

    The last liberal-majority SCOTUS was the Warren Court, in the 60s. Guess what came out of that court? Things like Miranda Rights, limits on police power, limits on warrant power, civil rights, Brown v. Board of Education, desegregation in general, and so on, and so forth. Oh, and Roe v. Wade.

    It's disingenuous as fuck to continue to shill SCOTUS picks as "not interesting" when you know nothing about the history of the Court, and how important its ideological balance is - and how conservative it has been for most of the past 100 years.
    People routinely forget how conservative the Court has been the past 50 years. You are entirely correct in the above.

    On a side note, re Kennedy - I really hope the Truth and Reconciliation Committee reviews that selection process. Kennedy's son and Deutsche Bank and Kavanaugh, for those not paying attention.

  20. #2140
    Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    Again you are talking about the new you the old you agreed with Trump 80% of the time pretending that you are neutral now is laughable you are basically saying we all imagined the last four years.
    This is a weird take, because I'm not pretending to be "Neutral", I've never really said that. I've said I'm not particularly partisan for any specific politician, at least not ones involved in this election, and if anything the only politician I've unironically had ZERO criticism of is.... nobody. Even Tulsi Gabbard, my absolute BEA has received criticism from me. Actually Marianne Williamson, I've got zero negative things to say about Orb Momma. I talk about what issues I find interesting; which as I've said, the daily circle jerk of "Orange Man Bad" isn't that interesting. Its done to death, you have an entire thread with same six or seven people here saying the same stuff over and over and over again all high fiving one another for their mutual dislike of Trump. It's not that interesting.

    However you can't find me having pro-free market stances for example. Or really point to what I agree with other than Immigration should be restricted which honestly Trump deserves criticism for not actually acting on it and not actually clamping down. But it is kinda impossible to make that critique here as I've learned in the past when I have criticized Trump. I'm pretty critical of idpol and obsession with "Diversity" schtick, as well as generally not a fan of Free Trade and Neo-Liberal economic policies. The biggest shift over the last four years is from Pro-Israel to pretty hostile to Israel, and I still hate Henry Kissinger and the Neo-Cons. You mistake "Not joining our circle jerk" for being in accordance with Trump. When I have been critical of him it either gets ignored; or I'm critical of him for not acting on promises to voters or making good on promises in which people say "Well I guess Hillary should have won" which is a weird take since those critiques are essentially "He let down his voters by essentially governing as a traditional Chamber of Commerce Republican".

    I mostly talk about the issues that interest me. So, this 80% of the time, can I get a citation?

    Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    Yes you have but only recently as part of your newfound views which doesn't erase your 4 years of strongly defending Trump's policies especially on immigration.
    Yeah, I'd of course be cool with immigration policies, that is where I find agreement, because I'm for restricted immigration. Duh. Again, strange take, like, to avoid being a Trump supporter I need to change views I had so they can't intersect with Trump? Like if Trump came out as pro-Universal Health care, you'd go against it just to keep your Anti-Trump cred.

    Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    You spend all these years stating your right wing views I have lost count of the threads you have made attacking liberalism as a form of cancer. I doubt there is a Trump supporter aside from the very devoted that agree with him 100% but your newfound Bernie bro leftist persona is giving most of us whiplash.
    Liberalism isn't the Left? Leftists aren't Liberals. Liberals generally could be synonymous with Centrists. And yeah I'm Anti-Liberal. A younger me might have been less artful, maybe less clear, but yeah, I dislike Liberalism. I have the self description of Paleo-Conservative in my sig, Also, if I can go back to the 2016 primary, I was also a big Bernie Backer then too. Infact me and Skroe butted heads a lot then as well. I for example had an old OLD thread arguing that Conservative parties need to ditch the Free Market stuff. Heck a major thrust of my criticism of Clinton/Kaine ticket was the TPP/TTIP, and their Neo-Liberal economic policies and my dislike of Wokesterism's. Hell here is me in 2016 saying we need a Universal Healthcare system.

    Hell, here is me describing Trump as a vaguely nazi like toupee enthusiast in 2016...
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    [...]

    Lets keep the current GOP debacle in context, this is neither Trump's first run, nor is it the first time they have had a lackluster selection of candidates. But alas between your Zodiac Killers, vaguely nazi-like toupee enthusiast, ..... and those other guys, None can ever match the glory and radiance that was Herman Cain, the man who stole our hearts, and would have won all our votes had he staid in and kept quoting the Pokemon movie.

    Seriously guys, American elections have always been crazy.
    So this is a strange take. Perhaps a bad take from you.

    Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    The timing is not the main thing it's just that Biden was VP for 8 years, Ford's accusations came out because Kavanaugh was being raised to a national profile for the first time. If you look at my history Biden is hardly my guy, there's also the character problem, Kavanaugh was the bag guy for the GOP he was the guy you go to if you want an legal excuse for torturing people.
    That might be valid, but the precedent is set. Plus, why did Ford only go after him when he was nationally important? Why not when he was a judge anywhere? Why not right away? See, the logic against Reade here applies against Ford, I get that you can't go against your team on this one, but dude, you are giving me a lot of /r/pyonyang vibes.

    Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    Because he got impeached for slandering Biden? were you in a coma when he was calling foreign countries to help him win?
    And Biden overseeing his own investigating is more trustworthy? In Biden's opinion, Biden is probably not guilty.
    Last edited by Theodarzna; 2020-04-29 at 07:49 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •