10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Golf was a sport with, um, "a certain class of people" pre Woods.
    The term you're looking for is parasites and that's still true of golf given its land and water requirements. *sips tea*
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Harris heads to motherfucking Texas.

The Cook Political Report, an election handicapper, moved the presidential race in Texas from "lean Republican" to "toss up" on Wednesday.

In addition, a poll released Thursday by UMass Lowell Center for Public Opinion showed Trump and Biden statistically tied in the state, with Trump garnering 48 percent support and Biden garnering 47 percent support.

The president won Texas against Hillary Clinton in 2016 by about 800,000 votes.

The California senator will travel to Fort Worth, McAllen and Houston in a final push to flip the historically red state four days before Election Day, according to a press release from the campaign.

Harris will participate in voter mobilization event with former secretary of Housing and Urban Development Julián Castro and former Rep. Beto O'Rourke (D) in McAllen during the day.

She is also slated to attend voter mobilization events in Fort Worth and Houston later on Friday.
    Look, this still all fits my master strategy which you know I was just guessing and coincidentally the results fit. Still, with just a few days left, and with his NC rally moved (because 50MPH wind and a bad toupee stay together as long as a Trump marriage) Trump probably can't personally go to Texas -- he has other things to worry about. And Pence couldn't stir up enthusiasm with the audience of Ellen and a long-handled spoon. Plus Trump just canceled a bunch of TV ads while Biden's making them in Spanish.

Early voting is breaking records. COVID is wrecking the Lone Star State. Texas metro centers vote blue. Harris is zerging Trump territory. Does he have any defense left? Because if he loses Texas, there is no realistic path to victory.

Seriously, why hasn't Trump dropped everything and headed to Texas? I just checked his campaign schecule, there's nothing in Texas, and HAH HAH two things in Florida but they both star Eric. That's not enough.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    The term you're looking for is parasites
    Y...yyyyes....let's go with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Snip
    The politicians now, I completely agree, which is why I phrased it like I did. the current Republicans are the actual RINO's if there was ever a true Republican party to begin with within my lifetime.

I phrase it where Biden would only offer it to new ones within the party who replaced the incumbents (In cases where they won without gerrymandering or other fuckery preferred) and actually call out WHY they won't offer that to the current crop in how they acted. And even with the new guys, don't give them any positions where they have the chance to screw around. And see if they have any principles to try and undo the damage their party has done.

But to me, Trump didn't corrupt or destroy the Republican party, he actually revealed it for what it already was, they just didn't know how far they could push it till he came along. But just looking at their actions under Obama, at their actions in North Carolina, at their actions in Florida and Georgia, from the leaked audio of Lee Atwater in the 80s and so on. This is who they have always been this entire time, he just took their mask off.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post
    The politicians now, I completely agree, which is why I phrased it like I did. the current Republicans are the actual RINO's if there was ever a true Republican party to begin with within my lifetime.

I phrase it where Biden would only offer it to new ones within the party who replaced the incumbents (In cases where they won without gerrymandering or other fuckery preferred) and actually call out WHY they won't offer that to the current crop in how they acted. And even with the new guys, don't give them any positions where they have the chance to screw around. And see if they have any principles to try and undo the damage their party has done.

But to me, Trump didn't corrupt or destroy the Republican party, he actually revealed it for what it already was, they just didn't know how far they could push it till he came along. But just looking at their actions under Obama, at their actions in North Carolina, at their actions in Florida and Georgia, from the leaked audio of Lee Atwater in the 80s and so on. This is who they have always been this entire time, he just took their mask off.
    The reason I’m hesitant about offering positions to newer republicans is because these are the guys who specifically prospered under Trump and came up in the party by towing his line harder than the incumbents they replaced.

I’d say these guys are almost more dangerous than the old fogey republicans. The older guys were just towing the trump line; the newer guys were actively pushing for it.
    Last edited by Kaleredar; 2020-10-30 at 06:33 AM.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

The reason I’m hesitant about offering positions to newer republicans is because these are the guys who specifically prospered under Trump and came up in the party by towing his line harder than the incumbents they replaced.

I’d say these guys are almost more dangerous than the old fogey republicans. The older guys were just towing the trump line; the newer guys were actively pushing for it.
    Sorry, I should have clarified, I was thinking of replacing the incumbents who has been following them, like if any of them campaigned on fighting Trump. Any that came in and replaced one of them being supporting Trump MORE would still be left out.

I was thinking more like the Republican version of AoC, they came in actually trying to do what was right, even if the party leaders didn't want to.

If they are towing or pushing that line, let that line bury them with their party.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post
    Sorry, I should have clarified, I was thinking of replacing the incumbents who has been following them, like if any of them campaigned on fighting Trump. Any that came in and replaced one of them being supporting Trump MORE would still be left out.

I was thinking more like the Republican version of AoC, they came in actually trying to do what was right, even if the party leaders didn't want to.

If they are towing or pushing that line, let that line bury them with their party.
    While I will admit that my knowledge of every congressman is far from complete, I don’t believe any of the newer republicans are like that; the hard party-line voting record rubber-stamping trump’s bullshit is evidence enough of that.

I suppose Biden could install specifically-selected cabinet members/fill appointments with morally upstanding republicans who aren’t congresspeople, but... Obama tried that with his appointments, and again it got him zero political clout with the republican party and electorate.

Moreover, I’m really hesitant to prop up these newer republicans and give them political relevancy. In a way, the older ones pose far less of a threat down the line than giving traction to the up-and-coming republicans who, frankly, represent a party in need of either a massive overhaul (unlikely) to move it much further to the left and more in line with the democrats or needs to be phased out entirely. (Which happens more easily if their politicians are all old and irrelevant)
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

While I will admit that my knowledge of every congressman is far from complete, I don’t believe any of the newer republicans are like that; the hard party-line voting record rubber-stamping trump’s bullshit is evidence enough of that.

I suppose Biden could install specifically-selected cabinet members/fill appointments with morally upstanding republicans who aren’t congresspeople, but... Obama tried that with his appointments, and again it got him zero political clout with the republican party and electorate.

Moreover, I’m really hesitant to prop up these newer republicans and give them political relevancy. In a way, the older ones pose far less of a threat down the line than giving traction to the up-and-coming republicans who, frankly, represent a party in need of either a massive overhaul (unlikely) to move it much further to the left and more in line with the democrats or needs to be phased out entirely. (Which happens more easily if their politicians are all old and irrelevant)
    If none of the newer republicans are like that, then none of them need to be given any power and when asked Biden should point to all Trump has done and their blind support of him in spite of it. I was saying that if any Republicans make it in vowing to restore the party's honor and fight him, then let them try but those who cling to that traitor need to be left out.

And I wouldn't put them in any cabinet positions or any of that, even if they came in railing against Trump. Was never talking about that.

I was thinking more along the line of if they actively are new members who came in on fighting the current shift in the party and Trump, then give them positions on committees that require them work with Democrats and the Democrats can overrule them quite easily and see how it goes. The optics of those Republicans actually getting power and working to fix their party while the traitors have no power and (Hopefully) are actively being investigated and brought up on charges would do wonders.

But none of the current flock should be given any power, none that come in supporting Trump, McConnell or any of their actions should be given any power, and if no new Republicans are coming in who aren't already proven traitors for power, then none of them need to be given power and should actively be denied that power and should actively, and publicly, but shown why they aren't given that power when they complain.

This has to be a first. NPA voters ahead of Dem and GOP in CO. I don't think GOP has much of a chance in CO.

Quote Originally Posted by Rasulis View Post
    This has to be a first. NPA voters ahead of Dem and GOP in CO. I don't think GOP has much of a chance in CO.

well from my experience most independents are conservatives, it worrys me early voting is this close because we know early voting is a more democratic tthing and more gop people will vote in person on election day

- - - Updated - - -

Think about this guys
    Mail delivery in PA is delayed because trump ordered usps to slow down and dismantle mail sorting machines and overtime
    his scotus with acb will rule ballots recieved after election day are invalid
    even though the reason they are late..is because trump ordered usps to slow down

and no republican think its messed up someones vote literally dosent count at no fault of their own? ive seen no republican have any issue with this because they percieve mail in votes to be mostly democrat. its sad how authoritarian and brazen theyve become, if trump wins because of that its a stolen election

Harris heads to motherfucking Texas.

Look, this still all fits my master strategy which you know I was just guessing and coincidentally the results fit. Still, with just a few days left, and with his NC rally moved (because 50MPH wind and a bad toupee stay together as long as a Trump marriage) Trump probably can't personally go to Texas -- he has other things to worry about. And Pence couldn't stir up enthusiasm with the audience of Ellen and a long-handled spoon. Plus Trump just canceled a bunch of TV ads while Biden's making them in Spanish.

Early voting is breaking records. COVID is wrecking the Lone Star State. Texas metro centers vote blue. Harris is zerging Trump territory. Does he have any defense left? Because if he loses Texas, there is no realistic path to victory.

Seriously, why hasn't Trump dropped everything and headed to Texas? I just checked his campaign schecule, there's nothing in Texas, and HAH HAH two things in Florida but they both star Eric. That's not enough.

- - - Updated - - -

Y...yyyyes....let's go with that.
    I think Texas will be Trump’s version of Hillary’s 2016 Blue Wall. GOP and internal polling says he has Texas in the bank so why bother?

Starting to feel pretty excited about Election day. I hope everyone's doing their best to get as many people to vote as possible. This administration deserves to be absolutely crushed for the hundreds of thousands of deaths they've caused by their incompetence and inaction.

Quote Originally Posted by Warning View Post
    Starting to feel pretty excited about Election day. I hope everyone's doing their best to get as many people to vote as possible. This administration deserves to be absolutely crushed for the hundreds of thousands of deaths they've caused by their incompetence and inaction.
    I’m maintaining very tempered expectations. Thus far in my life, American democracy hasn’t really done a bang-up job at all.

Quote Originally Posted by fwc577 View Post
    Do you honestly think they won't twist their minds to make up some bullshit to try striking that law?
    Thomas, Alito, and Kavanaugh, sure. Barret, who the fuck knows.

I don't see Roberts and Gorsuch just casually inventing a justification that doesn't exist in the text.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Woods View Post
    LOL never change guys. I guess you won't because conservatism.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    I do care what people on this forum think of me.
    This site is amazing. It's comments like this, that make this site amazing.

The swing states have long been spoiled children, who feel the need for constant attention from candidates. In 2016, people were outraged that Hillary didn't visit their state, when the reality is that the candidates don't visit a lot of the states (unless it's a private fundraising event for rich ass kissers). I personally don't give a damn if a candidate visits my state, because that won't really help them to actually provide policies that would be beneficial. I don't need the attention of some politician, I want them to do their fucking jobs, and don't want them to be shitty humans.

I still think the election is a lot closer than most Democrats want to admit. I still think that undecided voters are a myth, and they are simply hiding what they truly support, to avoid condemnation and scorn. Nobody wants to admit they support a white supremacist, but since their vote is secret, they can support it all they like in the voting booth. I think we'll learn a lot once the numbers from the Philly suburbs start coming in, as well as the counties around Orlando, and even Tampa. If Biden overperforms compared to Hillary, he should be good. If not, then expect to see a lot of gleeful white supremacists running around.

As for election coverage, I highly recommend CNN. They may be a shit news channel, but their Election Day coverage is top notch. John King is still the best at delivering nuanced and informative coverage of all things related to an election.

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    As for election coverage, I highly recommend CNN. They may be a shit news channel, but their Election Day coverage is top notch. John King is still the best at delivering nuanced and informative coverage of all things related to an election.
    Whilst I don't follow CNN for 'news', their journalists are excellent. Brianna Keilar, Dana Bash, Anderson Cooper. I even like Tapper and Cuomo.

Their reputation as 'shitty' to me seems like pre-2017 residual discord. Since their swing to left, they've actually been very good.
    Last edited by DingDongKing; 2020-10-30 at 12:07 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm.

If Sleepy Joe Biden is actually elected President, the 4 Justices (plus1) that helped make such a ridiculous win possible would be relegated to sitting on not only a heavily PACKED COURT, but probably a REVOLVING COURT as well. At least the many new Justices will be Radical Left!
    Well you can count to 140 and you see those ALL CAPS, so of course that's a Trump tweet. 3AM, by the way. Hmm.

So, not only is Trump now referring to a Biden win as both "ridiculous" (still doesn't beleive the polls in which he's behind?) but is already blaming SCOTUS for allowing it to happen...when there's no case yet. Trump doesn't believe he can lose a fair fight, despite havking killed so many Americans and jobs that he's 8-9 points back nationally.

Anybody got a theory on who's the +1?

Quote Originally Posted by Valkyrst View Post
    Honestly, whilst I don't follow CNN for 'news', their journalists are excellent. Brianna Keilar, Dana Bash, Anderson Cooper. I even like Tapper and Cuomo.

Their reputation as 'shitty' to me seems like pre-2017 residual discord. Since their swing to left, they've actually been very good.
    I have a ton of respect for Anderson Cooper. He challenges people, he works hard, and he genuinely cares about what he does. I think Tapper and Cuomo have some integrity, but I think they interject their "voice" a bit too much. I think Brianna Keilar is solid at holding people to account, and pressing an issue to get answers. I'm not personally a fan of Dana bash.

Wolf Blitzer can go piss up a rope for all I care.

I think the real problem with CNN is at the top, and not those in front of the camera (except for Blitzer, fuck that dude).

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    I have a ton of respect for Anderson Cooper. He challenges people, he works hard, and he genuinely cares about what he does. I think Tapper and Cuomo have some integrity, but I think they interject their "voice" a bit too much. I think Brianna Keilar is solid at holding people to account, and pressing an issue to get answers. I'm not personally a fan of Dana bash.

Wolf Blitzer can go piss up a rope for all I care.

I think the real problem with CNN is at the top, and not those in front of the camera (except for Blitzer, fuck that dude).
    Blitzer is a twat machine. He perpetually peddles the 'both sides' nonsense. I like Bash because she's their straight journalist. She just does stuff.

I like Tapper and Cuomo precisely because they insert their voice. The left needs people like that.

Sidenote, Joe Scarborough on NBC was trying really hard to suck Trump's cock with the GDP result. Weird considering their history.

10+ Year Old Account
    Barrett... 4 judges plus the 1 he just got. This is the part that makes it confusing:

that helped make such a ridiculous win possible
    I think he is first talking about the judges he appointed, then liberal judges, then again the judges he appointed. That tweet would make more sense, if he wasn’t blaming the judges for a Biden win, then saying they would be unable to do anything. It’s praise, scorn, praise... it’s a 3 am tweet...
    Last edited by Felya; 2020-10-30 at 12:26 PM.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Hmm.

Well you can count to 140 and you see those ALL CAPS, so of course that's a Trump tweet. 3AM, by the way. Hmm.

So, not only is Trump now referring to a Biden win as both "ridiculous" (still doesn't beleive the polls in which he's behind?) but is already blaming SCOTUS for allowing it to happen...when there's no case yet. Trump doesn't believe he can lose a fair fight, despite havking killed so many Americans and jobs that he's 8-9 points back nationally.

Trump is genuinely a clear and present danger to democracy. It's ridiculous that such tweets are just normalised.

He needs to be severely beaten down for them.