1. #23561
    Merely a Setback Breccia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    NY, USA
    Posts
    29,142
    Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
    So Tucker posts this.
    "I have no evidence, believe me anyway".

    If it actually existed and was this important, why, um, why didn't you just hand over a copy in person? With a mask on, of course.

  2. #23562
    The Unstoppable Force Kaleredar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    phasing...
    Posts
    22,065
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    "I have no evidence, believe me anyway".

    If it actually existed and was this important, why, um, why didn't you just hand over a copy in person? With a mask on, of course.
    Or hand it over to someone more important and official than Cucker tucking Farlson?

    There's no way to screw up those three first letters and not have it be hilarious.

    So far their "October surprise" has been the equivalent of a magician trying to do a magic trick and guess someone's card, failing to guess the card repeatedly, accidentally revealing that they're holding cards in their sleeve, then claiming they had the real card in their back pocket the whole time and, when being asked to show it, simply runs off the stage.
    Last edited by Kaleredar; 2020-10-29 at 03:51 AM.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

  3. #23563
    Merely a Setback Breccia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    NY, USA
    Posts
    29,142
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Or hand it over to someone more important and official than Cucker tucking Farlson?
    Didn't they do that already? Are we still talking about the laptop that was handed over to the FBI who did nothing? Or is this magical new information nobody's seen but is the best bestiest best ever, like Trump's health care plan? Either way, I'm hardly the first one to ask "so, did you mail the only copy or are you lying?"

  4. #23564
    The Unstoppable Force Kaleredar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    phasing...
    Posts
    22,065
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Didn't they do that already? Are we still talking about the laptop that was handed over to the FBI who did nothing? Or is this magical new information nobody's seen but is the best bestiest best ever, like Trump's health care plan? Either way, I'm hardly the first one to ask "so, did you mail the only copy or are you lying?"
    I think they have a tank full of manatees that just put balls with words on them like "Hunter Biden," "emails," "laptop," "Hillary," "Ukraine," etc, etc, into a series of nets and they just go with whatever that makes for them.

    Somehow, the "lose the mail" ball from their electoral sabotage planning set of manatee tanks got mixed in with the scandal tanks, and they just ran with it.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

  5. #23565
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    I think they have a tank full of manatees that just put balls with words on them like "Hunter Biden," "emails," "laptop," "Hillary," "Ukraine," etc, etc, into a series of nets and they just go with whatever that makes for them.

    Somehow, the "lose the mail" ball from their electoral sabotage planning set of manatee tanks got mixed in with the scandal tanks, and they just ran with it.
    They have the family guy writers? That explains a lot.

  6. #23566
    Bunch of articles urging people to drop off ballots by hand or vote in person if you can... It is too late to mail in your ballots given how ratfucked the usps is.

    Spread the word, vote vote vote and do it now!

  7. #23567
    I'm voting in person. I consider it my patriotic duty to make sure the fucking right wing nut jobs"watching looks"while strapped with AR-15s don't Intimidate me and get the fucking cops called in then.

    I may or may not be drunk right now.

    Between my wife leaving me, COVID, losing my job (due to COVID), and thus fucking election, it's been a really rough fucking year.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Woods View Post
    LOL never change guys. I guess you won't because conservatism.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    I do care what people on this forum think of me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    This site is amazing. It's comments like this, that make this site amazing.

  8. #23568
    Quote Originally Posted by Nelinrah View Post
    Let me guess, they didn't bother to back up these super dating documents on anything.

    How desperate are Trumpers if their last minute attack attempts are "BIDEN DID SOMETHING BAD! WE SWEAR! There's no evidence, but it was STOLEN!"
    all the copy machines are hacked by the deep state to delete and burn the documents, they can't be trusted...everyone knows that!!!

    Hard drives? Libural deletion machines thanks to bleach!

    Camera's? Antifa something something....

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by fwc577 View Post
    What a joke, 400 registered voters?
    and the political party split does not even match the register voter %'s. 4.9% MOE is a joke, should be double that
    "The American people should have a voice in the selection of their next Supreme Court Justice. Therefore, this vacancy should not be filled until we have a new president," - McConnell
    Karma 1 Trump 0 -Feel as bad for trump as trump did for Hillary- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1iIBw-_0T6I

  9. #23569
    The Insane PC2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    California
    Posts
    19,106
    Quote Originally Posted by shimerra View Post
    As someone who has looked at the nitty gritty details and how's it derived and also understands that modeling/statistics is not the truth but a well educated guess, far better than that but the common term fits close enough, you're basically telling us water is wet in an attempt to defend you drowning a puppy. Even if you're right no one gives a shit because water being wet really isn't the issue after you drowned a puppy. Seriously to prove the equations in econometrics/statistics we use what is essentially matrix calculus to show how our estimates are the best approximation of the true population parameters and it's always framed in that way that we are calculating an estimate of the true value not obtaining the true value. The fact that models aren't literal or perfect representations of reality is as one of my teachers used to say "week one, day one, minute one, second one" type shit people learn and the entire point of the fucking area of mathematics/economics is to strive to have our estimates represent that true value more closely and more often.
    Yes in statistics that's another way of reiterating the fact that 'all models are wrong'. You claim this is like saying "water is wet" but I would say the average person I come across online doesn't understand that you should never take statistical models at face value. They're a tool but they can never be the "Truth".
    Last edited by PC2; 2020-10-29 at 05:05 AM.
    -------
    A problem consists of a conflict between two ideas. Problems are soluble.
    Fallacies: Ad hominem, Generalizing history to predetermine the future.

  10. #23570
    https://www.sanders.senate.gov/newsr...ting-processes

    U.S. Senators Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.) and Amy Klobuchar (D-Minn.) released the statement below following President Trump’s recent false statement that it is inappropriate and illegal to count ballots after Election Day, and the Supreme Court’s ruling in Democratic National Committee v. Wisconsin Legislature, where Justice Kavanaugh’s concurring opinion contains incorrect information regarding voting:

    "In America, we count the votes to determine who wins an election. Despite the incorrect assertions from President Trump and Justice Kavanaugh, election officials across the country accept ballots well after Election Day every year, and results are not certified until the votes are counted and a canvas to confirm the results is conducted. Absentee ballots counted after election day do not ‘flip the results of an election,’ as Justice Kavanaugh claimed. They are the results of the election.

    “More than twenty states, including states like Mississippi, Kansas, and Utah, require ballots postmarked by Election Day to be counted even if they are received after Election Day. This is critical to ensuring that those who may face hardships in voting, including members of our military serving abroad and those affected by COVID-19, are not disenfranchised by things like mail delays. These are not new rules and they do not serve any political party. It is on all of us to reject misinformation and to tell the truth. Our election systems span 50 states, five territories, and thousands of jurisdictions. State and local election officials are working around the clock, and experts have concluded that the integrity of our election system is strong. The best defense against those trying to undermine our democracy is the resolve of the American people, who are voting by the millions as we speak. Keep voting.”

    On October 18, Sanders and Klobuchar, along with Senators Schumer (D-N.Y.), Heinrich (D-N.M.), Murphy (D-Conn.), and Duckworth (D-Ill.), issued a report titled 2020 General Election: Counting Votes & What to Expect on Election Day, which offers a guide to voting procedures in key states.
    In which two sitting US Senators need to remind SCOTUS Justice Kavanaugh about basic legal facts about our elections. This is why people are scared about SCOTUS ratfuckery with the election.

  11. #23571
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Absentee ballots counted after election day do not ‘flip the results of an election,’ as Justice Kavanaugh claimed. They are the results of the election.
    I mean...this sort of thing should be obvious. But you can always count on the GOP to ignore reality whenever it suits them. It's always feelings over facts with those fuckers, to the detriment of the rest of the country.
    Last edited by s_bushido; 2020-10-29 at 06:11 AM.

  12. #23572
    The Supreme Court is really all over the place with their decisions. Wisconsin can't count ballots after election day, but North Carolina can.

    Absentee ballots in North Carolina can be received and counted up to 9 days after election day, Supreme Court rules

  13. #23573
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    Yes in statistics that's another way of reiterating the fact that 'all models are wrong'. You claim this is like saying "water is wet" but I would say the average person I come across online doesn't understand that you should never take statistical models at face value. They're a tool but they can never be the "Truth".
    I'd say you need to work on your own understanding before worrying about the comprehension of the "average person" especially when you attempt to explain it to people who have shown a better grasp of the concept you're trying to explain.

    Most people don't understand basic probability and statistics. Not my point. You're among them is the point I'm making.
    Last edited by shimerra; 2020-10-29 at 06:01 AM.
    “Logic: The art of thinking and reasoning in strict accordance with the limitations and incapacities of the human misunderstanding.”
    "Conservative, n: A statesman who is enamored of existing evils, as distinguished from the Liberal who wishes to replace them with others."
    Ambrose Bierce
    The Bird of Hermes Is My Name, Eating My Wings To Make Me Tame.

  14. #23574
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://www.sanders.senate.gov/newsr...ting-processes



    In which two sitting US Senators need to remind SCOTUS Justice Kavanaugh about basic legal facts about our elections. This is why people are scared about SCOTUS ratfuckery with the election.
    Can Democrats just impeach Kavanaugh for being so blatantly partisan and wrong?

  15. #23575
    Quote Originally Posted by Nelinrah View Post
    Can Democrats just impeach Kavanaugh for being so blatantly partisan and wrong?
    Impeaching him is too hard. Expanding the court to balance things back out is the correct answer.

  16. #23576
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    Yes in statistics that's another way of reiterating the fact that 'all models are wrong'. You claim this is like saying "water is wet" but I would say the average person I come across online doesn't understand that you should never take statistical models at face value. They're a tool but they can never be the "Truth".
    Correct, and I'll go a step further and say it is because models do not perfectly capture every aspect of the system they represent that they can be useful and can reveal some aspect of the truth.

  17. #23577
    Void Lord Elegiac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Late Capitalism
    Posts
    51,639
    Quote Originally Posted by Nelinrah View Post
    Can Democrats just impeach Kavanaugh for being so blatantly partisan and wrong?
    Can we give Amy Coney Barrett the honor of being the first woman to be removed from the court, to boot.
    "Multiculturalism has failed!" angrily types a person of European descent living in the Americas in a Germanic language using Roman characters on a device coded with Arabic numerals before leaving in a huff to go watch cartoons made in Japan.

  18. #23578
    The Insane PC2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    California
    Posts
    19,106
    Quote Originally Posted by shimerra View Post
    I'd say you need to work on your own understanding before worrying about the comprehension of the "average person" especially when you attempt to explain it to people who have shown a better grasp of the concept you're trying to explain.

    Most people don't understand basic probability and statistics. Not my point. You're among them is the point I'm making.
    Okay well you seem to understand that statistical and social models must necessarily be incomplete and can't ever be fully accurate. So it seems we don't have any major disagreement.

    Quote Originally Posted by Eviscero View Post
    Correct, and I'll go a step further and say it is because models do not perfectly capture every aspect of the system they represent that they can be useful and can reveal some aspect of the truth.
    Exactly yeah and most importantly we can't know exactly how human behavior will evolve and what new ideas and knowledge will be created and spread throughout the population ahead of time.
    Last edited by PC2; 2020-10-29 at 07:26 AM.
    -------
    A problem consists of a conflict between two ideas. Problems are soluble.
    Fallacies: Ad hominem, Generalizing history to predetermine the future.

  19. #23579
    Void Lord Elegiac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Late Capitalism
    Posts
    51,639
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    Okay well you seem to understand that statistical and social models must necessarily be incomplete and can't ever be fully accurate.
    Your point being what.

    The basic structure of the universe is uncertain and probabilistic, but we still do physics because as it turns out near enough is actually good enough for all practical intents and purposes.

    Dismissing a given analysis simply because there's intrinsic uncertainty in reality is just intellectual navel gazing designed to try and legitimise unfounded viewpoints. Which is appropriate considering the "whinge every time someone tries to extrapolate a continuing trend given previous data" shtick started entirely as a response to being called out on not believing in climate science.
    Last edited by Elegiac; 2020-10-29 at 08:16 AM.
    "Multiculturalism has failed!" angrily types a person of European descent living in the Americas in a Germanic language using Roman characters on a device coded with Arabic numerals before leaving in a huff to go watch cartoons made in Japan.

  20. #23580
    Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonKing View Post
    The Supreme Court is really all over the place with their decisions. Wisconsin can't count ballots after election day, but North Carolina can.

    Absentee ballots in North Carolina can be received and counted up to 9 days after election day, Supreme Court rules
    Not supreme court but Republicans on the court.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •