Elemental Lord
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeth Hawkins View Post
    What did he say to justify attacking his income?
    why do you hold water for violent racist idealism?

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    It's still amazing to me that Texas is as close as it is. When/if it goes blue, I wonder how long it would take Republicans to finally start to consider the removal of the Electoral College... Would it be instantly, or would they maybe sleep on it and get back to us the next day?
    If democrats win Texas it would be the end of the republican party. How could a major political party fundraise if it has no path to the presidency?
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    There is a problem, but I know just banning guns will fix the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Daelak View Post
    If democrats win Texas it would be the end of the republican party.
    If the Democrats win Texas, it will save the Republican party. They'll have to think about what they did wrong and become the Grand Old Party again, focusing on smaller government, lower taxes, and personal responsibility.

What are you talking about? That guy just needs to pull himself up his bootstraps. The US is the land of opportunity and all he has to do is work hard. He doesn't have a right to be guaranteed an income.

"I think that was actually, that was on the great Laura Ingraham show. Actually, I watched that," Trump said. "And I do believe Laura Ingraham is here someplace. Where is Laura? Where is she? Where is Laura? I can't recognize you. Is that a mask? No way, are you wearing a mask? I've never seen her in a mask. Look at you. Wow, she's being very politically correct."
    Trump is a homicidal maniac. That's all.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    If the Democrats win Texas, it will save the Republican party. They'll have to think about what they did wrong and become the Grand Old Party again, focusing on smaller government, lower taxes, and personal responsibility.
    Those in the current Republican party do not value them in the slightest and only paid lip service to them at best.

The current party would have to completely collapse and another replace it before they return to that. Its just too ingrained into the party at this point to cut that cancer out.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post
    Those in the current Republican party do not value them in the slightest and only paid lip service to them at best.

The current party would have to completely collapse and another replace it before they return to that. Its just too ingrained into the party at this point to cut that cancer out.
    Yarp. The GOP as a major political party needs to die. Then Democrats can become the de facto conservative party and progressives can finally safely split away into a Progressive party to have a 2-party system that more accurately reflects the wishes of the general population. Or we could finally enact ranked voting (yes, I know that's a pipe dream) and do away with the flawed "big tent" concept.

But that isn't a winning strategy right now. That's why they are losing!
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    There is a problem, but I know just banning guns will fix the problem.

why did you report that bank robber, and attacking his income!!!

why did you report that guy stealing at your job and attacking his income!!!

why did you report that manager for sexual harassment of the female staff with dick pics, and attacking his income.

get it yet?
    "The American people should have a voice in the selection of their next Supreme Court Justice. Therefore, this vacancy should not be filled until we have a new president," - McConnell
    Karma 1 Trump 0 -Feel as bad for trump as trump did for Hillary- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1iIBw-_0T6I

They were supposed to do that in 2008 when they got swept away, and again in 2012. We ended up with the astroturfed tea party and Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by Daelak View Post
    But that isn't a winning strategy right now. That's why they are losing!
    Sometimes you have to forfeit short-term gains for long-term gains. I can think of 401k examples.

North Carolina with 86% of 2016 total vote count turned in (56% of the state total registered voters).

- - - Updated - - -

Arizona with 81% of 2016 total vote count turned in (61% of the state total registered voters). Btw, according to Sienna College, Biden lead Trump by 25 pts with Arizona independent voters.

The last time the Republicans tried to be self reflective, they ignored everything and the world got Trump.

Not all that pertinent, but interesting perspective nonetheless.

Your travel history is linked to who you're voting for in 2020

More than half of the respondents who said they visited another country preferred the Democratic presidential nominee by 9 percentage points.

Similarly, those who have traveled outside of North America were 13 percentage points likelier to vote for Biden.

Voters who have lived in different states for a long period of time, who made up 23% of respondents, also leaned toward Biden by 12 percentage points

This breakdown comes from an aggregation of nine polls taken between August 8 and October 12. All told, the polls combined to 10,077 respondents, 8,623 of whom indicated they were registered to vote and 8,321 of whom said they would likely do so. Respondents were asked about who they intended to vote for in November as well as a number of other questions.

Quote Originally Posted by Rasulis View Post
    Not all that pertinent, but interesting perspective nonetheless.
    I mean I think it's pretty relevant in that it's directly related to why the American public continually votes against its interests.

They were right when they said that the USA is mostly people who have never left their home city or state telling everyone else that it's the best country in the world.

- - - Updated - - -

They built the wall.

Sorry, I should have been clearer; they built a wall in NYC entirely out of Trump's lies.

"Multiculturalism has failed!" angrily types a person of European descent living in the Americas in a Germanic language using Roman characters on a device coded with Arabic numerals before leaving in a huff to go watch cartoons made in Japan.

Elemental Lord
    Quote Originally Posted by Noxx79 View Post
    They were supposed to do that in 2008 when they got swept away, and again in 2012. We ended up with the astroturfed tea party and Trump.
    Yeah.

If Democrats win Texas, it won't save the Republicans, because they'll have basically become the Whigs.

AHEM

Quote Originally Posted by D Luniz View Post
    Even if they lose, introspect, they don't learn. Remember the 2014 autopsy?
    THEY
    DONT
    LEARN

even if Texas goes down, they'll still double down
    "Law and Order", lots of places have had that, Russia, North Korea, Saddam's Iraq.
    Laws can be made to enforce order of cruelty and brutality.
    Equality and Justice, that is how you have peace and a society that benefits all.

The Unstoppable Force Kaleredar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kaelleria View Post
    The last time the Republicans tried to be self reflective, they ignored everything and the world got Trump.
    Yeah if I were to look back on my thoughts in 2016 after Trump's victory, the thing I was most wrong about isn't anything about Trump... he's been about as horrid as I'd thought he'd be... it's me being wrong about the republicans at large having any sort of spine, decency or compunction.

I'd hoped that Trump's predictably terrible presidency would work to bring democrats and republicans together in their hatred for him and the country would be able to move forwards; I posted a few things hoping for as much. But it's evident at this point that the crop of republicans currently sitting in congress exist only to perpetuate their party and nothing else, and will go to any length to do so, including promoting the obvious, even to them, dumpster fire that is Trump so long as his presence gives their party a solid anchor to shove through justices and fill nominations and give themselves tax breaks.

Every time Trump has done something monumentally stupid or detrimental to the country, they don't fold their support for him. They keep doubling down and doubling down and doubling down, no matter how deep in the hole they get.

Here's hoping that on the third, they go bankrupt.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by kaelleria View Post
    Sarah Palin... Trump is the kitchen sink...
    As above, so below.
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    That which is Below corresponds to that which is Above, and that which is Above corresponds to that which is Below, to accomplish the miracle of the One Thing.