The Unstoppable Force Kaleredar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Sometimes you have to forfeit short-term gains for long-term gains. I can think of 401k examples.
    The only long-term gains the republicans are interested in are shoving through obstructionist actions, whether through policy or judges.

McConnell and the like aren't interested in the "soul of the republican party." The only morality I can even remotely twist from their actions is that they simply believe that what they're doing is "right" by merit of them having done it, and that by doing the rather abjectly bad things of condoning Trump and by tacitly supporting him and working to abrogate the electoral process and degrade democracy that nonetheless the "ends justify the means" for them.

Either that or they're just bald-faced, power hungry kleptocrats. But the distinction doesn't really matter so long as they refuse to have an iota of self reflection and so long as they keep acting the way they do, regardless of the motivation... they, as a political party, need to be phased out.
    Last edited by Kaleredar; 2020-10-30 at 10:55 PM.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by kaelleria View Post
    Stuff like this makes me think that may not be necessary though.

https://twitter.com/mmurraypolitics/...22064825180161

- - - Updated - - -

My grandfather lives in Australia, but we'd prefer NZ as well.
    I was reading this tweet, and saw this: https://electoralpolls.com/north_carolina

Posted as a reply to that tweet. If this is true, it will be great to see North Carolina help Biden win.

Elemental Lord
    Quote Originally Posted by postman1782 View Post
    I was reading this tweet, and saw this: https://electoralpolls.com/north_carolina

Posted as a reply to that tweet. If this is true, it will be great to see North Carolina help Biden win.
    Yeah maybe consistently attacking the governor who looks like polling has him up by 19 points, not the best strategy.

I really hope things improve with the Black and Latino vote come election day.

Biden Aides See Warning Signs in Black, Latino Turnout So Far

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonKing View Post
    I really hope things improve with the Black and Latino vote come election day.

Biden Aides See Warning Signs in Black, Latino Turnout So Far
    I hope they show up to in person voting but I’m skeptical minorities have been told for years that voting doesn’t do anything.

My older step siblings just vomited that belief at any chance they could get and still live by it.

I know people are saying Trump could win again because he won in 2016 when nobody thought he had a chance, but his win was a perfect storm of a fired up base, an unpopular opponent, and cheating.

I just don't see Trump catching lightning in a bottle again.

Quote Originally Posted by CastletonSnob View Post
    I know people are saying Trump could win again because he won in 2016 when nobody thought he had a chance, but his win was a perfect storm of a fired up base, an unpopular opponent, and cheating.

Not that one, but now there are other lightning in a bottles, so to speak, that he could catch. Voter intimidation, cheating people out of their vote, voter suppression, and court packing have caused quite a storm. It is still very much in the air whether we can weather these storms or not.

Well, the cheating part has increased so there's that to take into account.

Well John Ralston believes that Trump needs a miracle in Nevada or the GOP changing up the electorate in their favor for Trump to win at this point based on EV and MIV totals.

John Ralston knows his shit, so we can sleep easy on Nevada.

https://thenevadaindependent.com/art...-voting-blog-3
    Last edited by kaelleria; 2020-10-31 at 12:34 AM.

Once again, heading off some misinformation before the usual posters try to spread it. There's already been a shitton of ignorant Trumpers on Twitter in an uproar over this before the facts came in. Shockingly none of them are apologizing for pushing a false narrative...

No evidence Queens residents received pre-marked ballots

CLAIM: Residents in the Queens Village section of New York City are receiving ballots that have been marked for Democratic presidential candidate Joe Biden with instructions to just send them back to the Board of Elections.

AP’S ASSESSMENT: False. Officials with the New York City Board of Elections said there is no evidence that residents in Queens are receiving ballots pre-marked for Democratic candidates.

THE FACTS: Tweets began circulating widely on Thursday stating that residents in Queens Village, in the borough of Queens, were receiving ballots that had been already filled out for Democratic candidates, including presidential nominee Joe Biden. The information appeared to originate on the Twitter account of Jake Novak, who identified himself as a freelance columnist living in New York City who has previously written for CNBC.com.

Novak shared the ballot in a video he posted to Twitter. He said the ballot was given to him by the person who received it.

In the video, Novak notes that the ballot had been marked for every Democratic candidate listed, including Biden. He goes on to say it appears that the ballot was marked using a stamper or a machine.

“No human being could be that perfect with filling in all the blanks,” he says in the video.

But it turns out a human could be that perfect.

In the video, Novak shares the voter ID number on the envelope.

After reviewing the ballot shown in the video, election officials contacted the voter in California who had requested the absentee ballot. The voter confirmed they had received and completed the ballot and then returned it. But the voter used the wrong envelope and rather than the ballot going to the board of elections, it was sent back to the voter’s previously listed address in Queens.

In his tweet, Novak claimed it was “shocking” that the ballot was marked as a military absentee ballot and that the Queens Village resident never requested the ballot.

“Here is one of the most shocking details in this NYC #VoterFraud story: the ballot sent was a MILITARY absentee ballot even though no ballot was ever requested & neither the addressee nor anyone in the home EVER served in the military!,” he says.

All absentee ballots in New York are labeled military ballots, according to the city board of elections.
    Not the full article, but enough so that you get the gist of it. Once again "OMG MASS VOTER FRAUD!" turns out to be a single mistake by the end user who didn't RTFM.

It’s not catching lightning... 538 has Biden up 66/34 in Florida, due to polling... but, the turn out in Dayton county, that requires a major turn out for dems to have a chance, is lower than the rest of the state. Turn out in Florida is implying polling is off...
    As above, so below.
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    That which is Below corresponds to that which is Above, and that which is Above corresponds to that which is Below, to accomplish the miracle of the One Thing.

Alliance

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Awwwwww, look at you trying so hard to defend racist fucks. Dear Leader would be proud.

He explained exactly what was said in his post - why do you not read posts you respond to?
    I read Machismo’s post, and his response. The other man’s supposed words are nowhere to be found. Why do third parties, such as yourself, act as though they know what happened?

We do not even know if the person Machismo referred to exists.

Regardless, this is an off-topic discussion.
    It's just an old war, not even a cold war

I am a bit concerned about turnout in places like Dade County and Philly in PA.

Traditionally these places like to vote in-person, so maybe they can surge on election day, but leaving it to the last day makes it always more prone to voter suppression.

Hopefully it's because people in these poor neighborhoods can't get off from work, and early voting will surge Sat/Sun.

Biden for sure hasn't been neglecting minority outreach, so I can't explain the lower turnout, just yet.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    I am a bit concerned about turnout in places like Dade County and Philly in PA.

Traditionally these places like to vote in-person, so maybe they can surge on election day, but leaving it to the last day makes it always more prone to voter suppression.

Hopefully it's because people in these poor neighborhoods can't get off from work, and early voting will surge Sat/Sun.

Biden for sure hasn't been neglecting minority outreach, so I can't explain the lower turnout, just yet.
    Miami-Dade has been having mail problems... So that explains part of that.

They haven't started counting ballots in PA yet so we have no idea what that actually looks like.

If we're comparing votes to the Obama coalition, I don't expect Joe to hit Obama's number of African American turn out. I do think they'll end up being higher than Hillary's, but not quite Obama's. Biden more than makes up the difference in the white voters he's flipped.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeth Hawkins View Post
    I read Machismo’s post, and his response. The other man’s supposed words are nowhere to be found. Why do third parties, such as yourself, act as though they know what happened?

We do not even know if the person Machismo referred to exists..
    All of this being said, yet you felt the need to interject yourself and try to defend this person that may not even exist because...?

Quote Originally Posted by Zeth Hawkins View Post

We do not even know if the person Machismo referred to exists.

Regardless, this is an off-topic discussion.
    You are literally taking a side based on your political ideology and defending a person that you're chastising others for assuming they exist when they may not, and you do all of this without a single fucking stitch of self reflection.

Elemental Lord
    ROFL. So according to trafalger polling, Biden is beating Trump by 3.2% in Minnesota. Kanye is getting 3.3%. Saw a clip of him on Fox talking about if Kanye wasn't on the ballot Trump would be win the state.

Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    ROFL. So according to trafalger polling, Biden is beating Trump by 3.2% in Minnesota. Kanye is getting 3.3%. Saw a clip of him on Fox talking about if Kanye wasn't on the ballot Trump would be win the state.
    Trafalgar is actually a republican pollster as in their polls are sponsored by Republican campaigns.

Elemental Lord
    Quote Originally Posted by kaelleria View Post
    Trafalgar is actually a republican pollster as in their polls are sponsored by Republican campaigns.
    Oh i know that. But it was Republicans who put Kanye on the ballot. I guess now they have a fall guy in Kanye though when Trump inevitably doesn't wins Minnesota. It won't be those margins, but they'll do it anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    Oh i know that. But it was Republicans who put Kanye on the ballot. I guess now they have a fall guy in Kanye though when Trump inevitably doesn't wins Minnesota. It won't be those margins, but they'll do it anyways.
    Right, but they didn't disclose it until today. Soooo they get weighted less in the 538 average now.