10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunseeker View Post
    What you are hearing is that Rural America voted (R) because R's did something for them personally and because Rural America cares fuckall about the nation as a whole. Seriously every discussion I have with Republicans I know is all about how something affected them on a personal level(or how something affected their friend/family/dog on a personal level), and that's why they're voting (R). When I bring up "the nation" it's just a bunch of bitching about California and how they don't give two fucks about anyone else's problems.
    The most telling thing about the rural/urban divide in America is how utterly one-sided it is.

Rural America hates urban America. Urban USA is every bad thing, to rural USA. Rural USA wants to get all the attention and all the focus, and feels they deserve it, even though they're neither economically nor demographically significant enough to justify such a focus.

Urban America, on the other hand, generally just doesn't even think about rural America, like, at all. They've got bigger concerns going on. It pretty much only crops up for them during election cycles when talking heads bring up the divide again. There isn't even any bad blood or antagonism towards rural America; it literally just doesn't come up.

It's very much like the M. Bison line; "for you, it was the worst [policies] of your lives. For me, it was Tuesday." Rural America simply cannot grasp that they get the amount of focus and attention they deserve. Which is a fraction of what the rest of America gets, yes. Because rural America is that small a fraction of the total nation. People matter, people vote. Land doesn't vote. Stop making that mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    He should have seen the early voting... 100000 of votes added instantly... makes you think... off to Google what “counting” means.
    I don't even know they're so despondent. Michigan is literally a hair ahead for Biden right now. Far from done.

What is up with Nevada btw?

10+ Year Old Account
    Biden leading now. Wow this thing is like legit 10k votes away from the end.

If Trump is out of office I don't think he'll be able to run in 2024. The only thing keeping him and his family from ruin and/or jail is the presidency.

We may get someone even crazier, but a lot can happen in four years.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by passingthrew View Post
    Even if Biden hangs on (hoping) misinformation and propaganda won. This country is a lost cause. The next two years will be the republican party doing everything it can to harm the country and then just turn around and blame Biden and the dems for it, and it will work because people are stupid. And if nothing is done about Trump he will run again in 2024.
    Yeah, I think people are downplaying the impact of Fox News and OAN legitimizing disinformation. You can even tell on this forum, since it’s a really hard job to figure out what is genuine and what is disinformation. It’s why there are at least two disinformation threads on the forum now... they are too close to legitimate issues, to make them an obvious conspiracy. It’s made mods work much, much harder...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Blur4stuff View Post
    If Trump is out of office I don't think he'll be able to run in 2024. The only thing keeping him and his family from ruin and/or jail is the presidency.

Time for the Tea Party to double dip (pun intended)!
    Formerly Howeller, lost my account.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valkyrst View Post
    I don't even know they're so despondent. Michigan is literally a hair ahead for Biden right now. Far from done.
    Looking at the map, if Biden takes Wi, Mi, and NV, that's another 32 electoral votes. If Trump gets the rest, that makes it a 270-268 split, which I think would make it the closest electoral college decision ever.

There's still a reasonable shot that he could take NC or GA too, but I'm not gonna hold my breath.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Looks like Biden's got it at this point, but it's hard not to be devastated about the Senate or the fact that a not at all insignificant number of people actually liked what they saw these last four years.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blur4stuff View Post

I don’t actually think he wants to... this is just publicity on the tax payer dime. There isn’t a lot more he can milk out of it. It’s not like Hilton’s will have the same gravitas selling their Presidential suites...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    I don’t actually think he wants to... this is just publicity on the tax payer dime. There isn’t a lot more he can milk out of it. It’s not like Hilton’s will have the same gravitas selling their Presidential suites...
    Trump will be in jail in 2024

Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    If republicans win the senate no way Biden investigates Trump.
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    It's not about Biden doing it. It's about new York going after him.
    Biden doesn't have to do anything, and the senate has nothing to do with investigating trump. Unlike the investigations into hillary, the FBI will be handling the investigations into trump at the federal level. And NYS never gave a shit anyway.

It's just past 7 in the morning there. Not sure what you want.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nurasu View Post
    Looks like Biden's got it at this point, but it's hard not to be devastated about the Senate or the fact that a not at all insignificant number of people actually liked what they saw these last four years.
    They bought it... they got scared by cities they never been to and violence they never actually saw. While rona is running rampant and we are told not to care.

How much money was wasted boarding up for today? You think they will figure it out?

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    It's not about Biden doing it. It's about new York going after him.
    He will have to try to quash that frankly Trump is going to be nigh untouchable after this republicans will continue to fall over themselves defending him.

Quote Originally Posted by kaelleria View Post
    Well, in court at least.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    The most telling thing about the rural/urban divide in America is how utterly one-sided it is.

Rural America hates urban America. Urban USA is every bad thing, to rural USA. Rural USA wants to get all the attention and all the focus, and feels they deserve it, even though they're neither economically nor demographically significant enough to justify such a focus.

Urban America, on the other hand, generally just doesn't even think about rural America, like, at all. They've got bigger concerns going on. It pretty much only crops up for them during election cycles when talking heads bring up the divide again. There isn't even any bad blood or antagonism towards rural America; it literally just doesn't come up.

It's very much like the M. Bison line; "for you, it was the worst [policies] of your lives. For me, it was Tuesday." Rural America simply cannot grasp that they get the amount of focus and attention they deserve. Which is a fraction of what the rest of America gets, yes. Because rural America is that small a fraction of the total nation. People matter, people vote. Land doesn't vote. Stop making that mistake.
    Yup, but by the same note, that's why token appeals by Republicans are so successful out there. It really wouldn't take much for a Democrat to show up, dig a watering hole for some random rancher for them to suddenly be the talk of the town. It's annoying sometimes that Democrats don't put any energy into Rural America, because it wouldn't take much to swing a lot of minds because folks here aren't interested in grand designs and 5-year-plans. They just want someone to give them a hug, tell them they matter, and then ignore them for 4 years.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Quote Originally Posted by Ripster42 View Post
    Biden doesn't have to do anything, and the senate has nothing to do with investigating trump. Unlike the investigations into hillary, the FBI will be handling the investigations into trump at the federal level. And NYS never gave a shit anyway.
    William Barr has shown even NYS can be tamed, they haven't done anything about individual one.

They announced that they won't resume counting until... ahm... sometime EST in a little less than one hour (sorry, only remembered it in CEST.)

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Looking at the map, if Biden takes Wi, Mi, and NV, that's another 32 electoral votes. If Trump gets the rest, that makes it a 270-268 split, which I think would make it the closest electoral college decision ever.

There's still a reasonable shot that he could take NC or GA too, but I'm not gonna hold my breath.
    Fat lady and all that. Until she's blowing them pipes, nothing is done.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kaelleria View Post
    No chance; not without Senate hearings. NY won't send him to jail.