1. #25041
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Looking at the map, if Biden takes Wi, Mi, and NV, that's another 32 electoral votes. If Trump gets the rest, that makes it a 270-268 split, which I think would make it the closest electoral college decision ever.

    There's still a reasonable shot that he could take NC or GA too, but I'm not gonna hold my breath.
    Itś too close I didn't expect it to be this close, especially when it came to the senate. This means we will have the Obama 6 years. Republicans do everything to block and stop democrats and idiots think itś totally 100% democrats fault.

  2. #25042
    Quote Originally Posted by alexw View Post
    They don't have to.

    New York will do it for them.
    They have been investigating him all this time but are still unable to do anything due to politics.

  3. #25043
    Quote Originally Posted by Nurasu View Post
    Looks like Biden's got it at this point, but it's hard not to be devastated about the Senate or the fact that a not at all insignificant number of people actually liked what they saw these last four years.
    If Biden wins he will be a lame duck President without the Senate.

  4. #25044
    Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    He will have to try to quash that frankly Trump is going to be nigh untouchable after this republicans will continue to fall over themselves defending him.
    Why would they do that? To the Senate and the GOP still in power, Trump will be little more than a past regret that they want to forget about. Do you think McConnell gives a shit about Trump? Hell no. Trump is a tool to the GOP, and if he's no longer useful to them (because they are no longer useful to him), then they will simply move on.

  5. #25045
    Legendary! Thekri's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    A highly disgruntled constituent of Lindsey Graham.
    Posts
    6,167
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Looking at the map, if Biden takes Wi, Mi, and NV, that's another 32 electoral votes. If Trump gets the rest, that makes it a 270-268 split, which I think would make it the closest electoral college decision ever.

    There's still a reasonable shot that he could take NC or GA too, but I'm not gonna hold my breath.
    Nope, election of 1876 was closer, only 1 electoral vote separated them (It was also blatently fraudulent, and awarded by a strict party line vote in a Congressional Committee).

    But 1876 was a complete trainwreck that we still haven't recovered from. A lot of the baked in advantage to conservatives in Southern states comes from the aftermath of that one.

  6. #25046
    Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    William Barr has shown even NYS can be tamed, they haven't done anything about individual one.
    That's a federal case. SDNY is a federal body. Barr has control over them. The 2 memos by the OLC (the 70s and 90s ones) prevent a sitting president from facing charges. Barr isn't going to be AG unless SCOTUS hands trump the election.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

  7. #25047
    Quote Originally Posted by passingthrew View Post
    What is up with Nevada btw?
    They decided they just weren't going to bother counting at all today and will resume tomorrow, which pisses me off because we could of possibly had a clearer picture of who would win if they would finish today.

    https://www.newsweek.com/nevada-wont...allots-1544751
    Last edited by Smitzelplix; 2020-11-04 at 03:11 PM.

  8. #25048
    Quote Originally Posted by Thekri View Post
    Nope, election of 1876 was closer, only 1 electoral vote separated them (It was also blatently fraudulent, and awarded by a strict party line vote in a Congressional Committee).

    But 1876 was a complete trainwreck that we still haven't recovered from. A lot of the baked in advantage to conservatives in Southern states comes from the aftermath of that one.
    What amazes me is that this country has baked in these southern biases due to slavery... and appeasement to them for.....over a hundred years.

  9. #25049
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Why would they do that? To the Senate and the GOP still in power, Trump will be little more than a past regret that they want to forget about. Do you think McConnell gives a shit about Trump? Hell no. Trump is a tool to the GOP, and if he's no longer useful to them (because they are no longer useful to him), then they will simply move on.
    You don't seem to understand what has happened they all followed Trump and got rewarded for it, he still has the base therefore them by the balls even if he loses. Trump TV and whatever else will keep him relevant, he will haunt the GOP until the end of time.

  10. #25050
    More tweets from individual-1, who would've known elections are so strange!

    Last night I was leading, often solidly, in many key States, in almost all instances Democrat run & controlled. Then, one by one, they started to magically disappear as surprise ballot dumps were counted. VERY STRANGE, and the “pollsters” got it completely & historically wrong!

  11. #25051
    I Don't Work Here Endus's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Ottawa, ON
    Posts
    78,607
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Itś too close I didn't expect it to be this close, especially when it came to the senate. This means we will have the Obama 6 years. Republicans do everything to block and stop democrats and idiots think itś totally 100% democrats fault.
    Oh, for sure. Regardless, this election is demonstration that America is culturally and institutionally broken. Possibly beyond repair. That a man so objectively corrupt and petty and puerile as Trump could not just win the 2016 election, but totally ruin everything including botching a pandemic response leading directly to tens of thousands of unnecessary American deaths and still nearly win re-election, that's a problem, and the problem is not Trump. It's in the electorate, the American people. Fascism still beats at the heart of America.


  12. #25052
    Quote Originally Posted by Nurasu View Post
    No chance; not without Senate hearings. NY won't send him to jail.
    Why do you think the senate has anything to do with criminal investigations at the state level? They don't.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

  13. #25053
    Quote Originally Posted by Ripster42 View Post
    That's a federal case. SDNY is a federal body. Barr has control over them. The 2 memos by the OLC (the 70s and 90s ones) prevent a sitting president from facing charges. Barr isn't going to be AG unless SCOTUS hands trump the election.
    Well let's see what happens but I see Trump walking away in the name of keeping the peace and that was before these results.

  14. #25054
    Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    You don't seem to understand what has happened they all followed Trump and got rewarded for it, he still has the base therefore them by the balls even if he loses. Trump TV and whatever else will keep him relevant, he will haunt the GOP until the end of time.
    But, what does Trump have to gain from all of this? Do you think Trump is going to run around doing campaign stops for other politicians, when he's not at the top of the ballot?

    Trump wouldn't piss on them if they were on fire, unless he had something to gain.

  15. #25055
    Legendary! Thekri's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    A highly disgruntled constituent of Lindsey Graham.
    Posts
    6,167
    Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    If Biden wins he will be a lame duck President without the Senate.
    Wouldn't be that gloomy. The GOP will likely hold the senate, but by a narrower margin then they have now. McConnell will have to get 100% of the votes every time, and people like Romney and especially Murkowski are going to be able to get a lot more aggressive in breaking with their party. Kamala's vote is likely to matter a lot there. There is a big difference between 53+1/47 and 51-52/48-49+1

  16. #25056
    Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    Well let's see what happens but I see Trump walking away in the name of keeping the peace and that was before these results.
    Biden has said he's not interested in pardoning trump. I don't know where you get this idea.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

  17. #25057
    Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    William Barr has shown even NYS can be tamed, they haven't done anything about individual one.
    Because Trump is the sitting president.

    That changes in a couple months.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redtower View Post
    I don't think I ever hide the fact I was a national socialist. The fact I am a German one is what technically makes me a nazi
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    You haven't seen nothing yet, we trumpsters will definitely be getting some cool uniforms soon I hope.

  18. #25058
    The Insane Kathandira's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Ziltoidia 9
    Posts
    19,387
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorshen View Post
    More tweets from individual-1, who would've known elections are so strange!
    I don't understand how anyone wasn't expecting Mail-In ballots to be a huge deal this year. They will take longer to count that usual, and they will be quite numerous from both sides.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

    Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

  19. #25059
    Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    ID
    Posts
    2,557
    Quote Originally Posted by Ripster42 View Post
    Why do you think the senate has anything to do with criminal investigations at the state level? They don't.
    The FBI is completely toothless without a mandate of all three houses. Biden will not do jack shit about Trump now, and neither will whoever he appoints as director of the FBI.

  20. #25060
    Quote Originally Posted by alexw View Post
    Because Trump is the sitting president.

    That changes in a couple months.
    I was hopeful that they might have been sitting on whatever they have so as to not appear politically motivated. Once the election is over, even if Trump wins a second term, perhaps they will move forward with charges.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •