Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Wait, are you Hindu?

.......this explains a lot, what with the rise in rightwing, Hindu nationalists in India, and their support here.

As an Indian American, don't count me surprised.
    the big savitri devi vibes

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Wait, are you Hindu?

.......this explains a lot, what with the rise in rightwing, Hindu nationalists in India, and their support here.

As an Indian American, don't count me surprised.
    No, I am some variety of Neo-Paganism who draws a lot from Hinduism and the rituals of various Vedic religions. I like Tulsi for being NOT an Abrahamic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    From where we are now? Because we've already gone backwards dude.

I'm noticing that the responses from the people that this question seems directed at generally seem to not include an actual answer to the question.
    They're the same people who said Hillary was too evil and more conservative than Trump, and couldn't be trusted as POTUS. When she was way more liberal than her husband, and ran the most liberal platform of any Dem candidate, ever.

They know nothing of these politicians, and they see them evolving from previous mindsets as a weakness, as opposed to speaking to the strength of their character.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    the big savitri devi vibes
    Lol. I can't recall, weren't you the one who claimed I groomed Connal into hyper fascism or was that someone else?
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Quote Originally Posted by Jettisawn View Post

Because..... That's how they passed the bill. Thanks Democrats.
    Actually, the bill was passed with an independent oversight committee.

The White House has ignored it, and set up a patronage system with COVID-19 relief funds. It is certainly an impeachable offense, but apparently we're past that now.

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    Lol. I can't recall, weren't you the one who claimed I groomed Connal into hyper fascism or was that someone else?
    Connal went into a both sides deep end
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    We still have a Second Amendment, like it or not, dude. That isn't going to change, and running on repealing the Second Amendment is a great way to make sure you never win outside of the most liberal of local elections.

Good lord, dude.

Didn't Canada just announce a ban on a wide range of assault weapons in response to a mass shooting? Why didn't they hit those shotguns, dude?
    I'm not talking about repealing the 2nd, I'm talking about giddy he was about murdering someone with a shotgun.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    I'm not talking about repealing the 2nd, I'm talking about giddy he was about murdering someone with a shotgun.
    The dude was talking about defending yourself in a home invasion scenario with a shotgun. Now you're twisting reality.
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    He murdered someone with a shotgun? He encouraged his wife to murder someone with a shotgun by telling her to shoot a couple of shots to scare a potential home invader away?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thepersona View Post
    Connal went into a both sides deep end
    I didn't tell him to like Dave Rubin. Actually I hate Dave Rubin. Connal always liked folks like Sam Harris and all those four horseman figures from pre-2006 era internet when longform debates were big euphoric fedora's were the crown of a true intellectual (TM).

I do however find the hysterics over Connal to be one of the funnier things in the greater Theodarzna Mythos on here.

It puzzles me how despite Trump causing one of the biggest recessions and having one of the highest death tolls in US history the radical left is all like: "I don't see the difference between these two"
    Last edited by NED funded; 2020-05-02 at 12:35 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NED funded View Post
    It puzzles me how despite Trump causing one of the biggest recessions and having one of the highest death tolls in US history the radical left is all like: "I don't see the difference between these two"
    Because it's stretch to blame Trump for "causing" a recession. He did not go far enough to control the virus when he absolutely should have but the economic meltdown? Yeah there was no way to avoid that.

Would Biden have done better? Well many people aren't sold on that. I certainly am not, though I am sure he wouldn't screwed around pretending he was in Wonderland like Trump did in February...but Biden also would have likely listened to the WHO and mainstream media who argued firmly against travel bans when this started, and you really don't want to know how bad things would have gotten had the US not instituted a travel ban early on.
    Last edited by CostinR; 2020-05-02 at 01:00 AM.
    "Life is one long series of problems to solve. The more you solve, the better a man you become.... Tribulations spawn in life and over and over again we must stand our ground and face them."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CostinR View Post
    Because it's stretch to blame Trump for "causing" a recession. He did not go far enough to control the virus when he absolutely should have but the economic meltdown? Yeah there was no way to avoid that.
    I mean...Trump took credit for a whole bunch of economic stuff he didn't do anything to cause so I don't see why he shouldn't take blame for an economic downturn he didn't cause. Fair's fair.
    Forum badass alert:
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    It's called resistance / rebellion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    Also, one day the tables might turn.

Quote Originally Posted by CostinR View Post
    Doing more?? He straight up did nothing during an entire month and when he started doing something it was incompetently handled.

Countries that handled this competently are doing relatively fine now. Hong Kong, SK and Taiwan have restarted their economy WITHOUT a lockdown. The recession is literally happening because Trump and his administration couldn't be bothered to do something despite witnessing whats happening in Wuhan firsthand.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because most of them are crazy and think the only way they will get what they want is through an actual violent revolution... Thus they are trying to make things worse, they don't want a 'status quo candidate', even if they closely align to their own supposed goals, because that means a return to normalcy and complacency, which in their deluded view is bad because they want the country as it presently exists to be destroyed.

Shit didn't Rochana or one of them just flat out take their mask off a few pages ago and say they'd be happy if Trump won, that their intent is to just sew discord, and 'burn everything down'... Yet people are still here arguing the merits of Biden with them and act like anything they and their cohorts say is in good faith.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lenonis View Post
    I mean...Trump took credit for a whole bunch of economic stuff he didn't do anything to cause so I don't see why he shouldn't take blame for an economic downturn he didn't cause. Fair's fair.
    Remember that many people won't believe this, just as many people didn't believe he was responsible for some economic miracle when he claimed he was.
    "Life is one long series of problems to solve. The more you solve, the better a man you become.... Tribulations spawn in life and over and over again we must stand our ground and face them."

Because the people saying that, even leaving aside their panoply of sock puppets, mostly aren't. With the exception of one or two suckers, they're a word we can't say, posing as lefties, trying to sow division among Democrats, in order to get Trump elected.
    Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition, to wit: There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect. There is nothing more or else to it, and there never has been, in any place or time. --Frank Wilhoit

7+ Year Old Account
    Doing more?? He straight up did nothing during an entire month and when he started doing something it was incompetently handled.
    The coronavirus task force was created on January 29th. A travel ban and quarantine was imposed two days alter along with a declaration of a public health emergency. This is when Trump was first told he could have a pandemic on his hands. HHS made a formal request of 4 billion USD a few days later in February to cover equipment shortages.

So he and his administration did quite a bit at the end of January. Hell the CDC had been trying to send people to China from early January to get a handle on this with the Chinese refusing them entry, but they didn't realize ( or event want to realize ) just how bad and quickly this would get.

There are an enormous number of people in the US, in Europe and around the entire planet who severely underestimated the seriousness of this disease regardless of political party of ideology. Trump is nothing different there.

Where he genuinely screwed up compared to almost everyone else is that although some very good and needed measures were taken at the end of January/Early February he should have done quite a bit more, but he did a lot more then "nothing". Would Biden have then better? Maybe, maybe not.

Biden certainly did not appreciate the travel ban Trump imposed, even though a similar travel ban is the reason South Korea managed to get through this as well as it did.

If your argument is that overall Trump has handled this badly, absolutely and I think only die hard fanatics would disagree there, but if you're argument is "Biden would have been better." then no, there's no proof that he would have.
    Last edited by CostinR; 2020-05-02 at 01:29 AM.

https://twitter.com/NYMag/status/1256283621045960704

this is genuinely the funniest take ive seen. America is ready for a cryptid president! Vote Yeti!

That's because most of them aren't actually on the left. Considering you support many of their anti-capitalistic views, you fit in with them.