Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Biden hasn't won. We're getting reports that Trump is trying legal and illegal (storming vote counting centers) methods to take the country.

And here I was hoping I was wrong predicting violence.
    Ok fine, Biden will win if ballots are actually counted legally.

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    Because countless experience and the last thirty years confirms that isn't the case. I mean what is it you told me, maybe Universal Health Care in sixty years? Like Leftists are no closer to any sort of goal than the left was during Reagan. Unions are all but dead, hell Perfectly Liberal California just gutted worker protections, by huge margins perfectly Liberal, like OVERWHELMINGLY LIBERAL California just put the boot to neck of workers at the behest of Uber and Lyft. As a fun fact the head of the legal team for uber is Kamala Harris' brother in law, their consultant on their battle with having to respect labor rights is an ex staffer of hers to boot.

So far the Libs haven't demonstrated they actually friends to these Leftist policies.
    Claiming the uber thing is california killing worker rights is quite the stretch. But you always make such a big deal about how california treats uber drivers, I assume that history masters didn't do much for ya?
    "Nazis are like cats. If they like you, it's probably because you're feeding them." -John Oliver
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    I don't care if he committed tax fraud. Scoring political victories and crushing the aspirations of your political opponents is more important than adhering to moral principles.
    Knadra finally just admitting Trumpkins care more about political victories than morals.

I mean what is it you told me, maybe Universal Health Care in sixty years?
    Feel free to quote that. I don't think I've ever given a timeline, but I have been consistent that I view it as a longer term goal that will require a stepping stone approach to ultimately achieve (the ACA being the first step).

Unions are all but dead, hell Perfectly Liberal California just gutted worker protections, by huge margins perfectly Liberal, like OVERWHELMINGLY LIBERAL California just put the boot to neck of workers at the behest of Uber and Lyft.
    Hey, I'm just as fuckin furious about Prop 22 appearing to pass. It's horse shit and I hate how gig companies flooded the state with money to get that bullshit through. Big reason why I support campaign finance reform, which would extend to ballot measures.

As a fun fact the head of the legal team for uber is Kamala Harris' brother in law, their consultant on their battle with having to respect labor rights is an ex staffer of hers to boot.
    So a guy married to her sister? Why should Harris control what he does or how does his work with Uber harm her?

So far the Libs haven't demonstrated they actually friends to these Leftist policies.
    Given that California is pretty much the most progressive state in the US, I think that's a pretty clear signal that it's not all as cut and dry/black and white as progressives would like to believe.

Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    You are better off using Muslims or certain specific nationalities that are Muslim instead of Roma then in that comparison. The Roma at least here in Belgium and The Netherlands are really not on the radar. That's my point, i am aware stereotypes of people are used to turn them into an enemy to get votes, our far right does it.
    Roma people often end up getting asylum in other countries due to treatment. They are made enemies of with crimes being blamed on them and they deal with (in Hungary) disproportionate treatment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodonius View Post
    Black people in america should be happy their ancestors where slaves so they could have a good live.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodonius View Post
    Black women are racist. Im the one trying to make her[my wife] behave like white people and not say it out loud.
    Totally not racist

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Erm, Biden has already won more national votes than Obama did, shattering his record.
    And every year new movies break the box office records of the previous years.

I'm not going to say that the voter turn-out wasn't high, but it isn't a relevant metric.

What I'm trying to explain here is that there's a big chunk of people who voted Trump -only- because Biden was the Democratic nominee.

Something is wrong with Biden and other "Clinton-Bush"-type politicians. Biden stinky.

I can't explain it simpler than that.
    - The One and Only, the Legendary, the Mighty - You might recognize me from the forum signatures of lesser mortals obsessed with me. -

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu 2020 View Post
    Claiming the uber thing is california killing worker rights is quite the stretch. But you always make such a big deal about how california treats uber drivers, I assume that history masters didn't do much for ya?
    No, it's pretty bad. It undoes AB5 and it's written so that it's functionally impossible to repeal (requiring an unheard of 7/8 majority statewide).

Quote Originally Posted by Flower Milk View Post
    YEAH NO ONE IS TRYING TO WIN OVER REPUBLICANS GUYS ????

Again:

Just wanna repeat that Trump won 93% of Republicans this year, up from 90% in 2016 but we can totally win over Republicans guys if we just keep not supporting single payer healthcare even though 80% of Democratic voters and 70% of Americans support it. Keep shooting ourselves in the foot to win over a non-existent voting group!!!
    Where are you getting that data? You can't just put "quote" marks around something and it makes it true.

Quote Originally Posted by Arch-Angel of Riots View Post

I'm not going to say that the voter turn-out wasn't high, but it isn't a relevant metric.

What I'm trying to explain here is that there's a big chunk of people who voted Trump -only- because Biden was the Democratic nominee.
    And unless you have evidence for your claim. Posting it is meaningless

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Now it looks like it's down to Nevada, if Biden wins it - this is it.

Supreme court and other BS won't really change anything, unless Trump somehow conjures actual valid claim of real massive voting fraud, which I just don't think will happen really. At most there will be recount here and there and what will it change? Couple hundred votes? Couple thousands even? No go there really.

Not sure why Michigan is not called yet, seems pretty obvious that one.
    Trump supporters are storming the polling places in Detroit trying keep the votes from being counted.

Quote Originally Posted by Flower Milk View Post
    YEAH NO ONE IS TRYING TO WIN OVER REPUBLICANS GUYS ????

Again:

Just wanna repeat that Trump won 93% of Republicans this year, up from 90% in 2016 but we can totally win over Republicans guys if we just keep not supporting single payer healthcare even though 80% of Democratic voters and 70% of Americans support it. Keep shooting ourselves in the foot to win over a non-existent voting group!!!
    Yeah, ok, I concede the point. It's a bad strategy and not really indicative of the overall party's though I don't think.

I don't really disagree with you in that I'd like to see more progressive candidates. I was disappointed when the South went for Biden, but I think it's hard to argue a candidate more divisive would have achieved better results here. Democrats did not underperform, Trump overperformed.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonKing View Post
    Trump supporters are storming the polling places in Detroit trying keep the votes from being counted.
    Let’s hope law enforcement arrives and arrests them all

Quote Originally Posted by kaelleria View Post
    Ok fine, Biden will win if ballots are actually counted legally.
    I'll mostly agree with that. I haven't gone through county by county or anything, but so far, it leans that way.

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Where are you getting that data? You can't just put "quote" marks around something and it makes it true.
    https://www.dailyposter.com/p/six-ta...election-night

Now survey data show the strategy epically failed, as Trump actually garnered even more support from GOP voters than in 2016. Indeed, Edison Research exit polls on Tuesday found that 93 percent of Republican voters supported Trump — three percentage points higher than in 2016, according to numbers from the same firm.

Which has literally nothing to do with voter participation, which goes up and down over the years.

Were you trying to make a point or something?

It is a relevant metric. It doesn't necessarily show Biden was JUST THAT POPULAR! (he's not), but it does show the importance of this election.

Citation needed*

People went out in force for both parties this election. And I won't pretend that Trump wasn't a primary cause of this, with people showing up to either support him or vote for "the other guy", who just happens to be Biden.

Point being you were wrong in stating he was less popular than the others. When it comes to popular vote, he's more popular.

Quote Originally Posted by TigTone View Post
    And unless you have evidence for your claim. Posting it is meaningless
    I don't. I only have anecdotal references of Trump voters which I personally know.

That is the best I can do, I'm no political-scientist or american poll-maker... but oh wait, those guys were really wrong too weren't they? I hope they can find new jobs.
    - The One and Only, the Legendary, the Mighty - You might recognize me from the forum signatures of lesser mortals obsessed with me. -

It's america, law enforcement likely bussed them over.

Don't understand why Michigan is not called yet, what exactly are they waiting for.

Exit polls are even less meaningful this election given the widespread use of early/mail in voting, which Democratic voters used more than in-person voting on the day of the election.

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    NV's and GA's counts have barely moved since early this morning. I wonder if there's something particular going on, or if they're just being extremely careful, what with how contentious this election has already been.
    Iirc, NV is not counting any more votes until tomorrow. I don't know why, but I think it's suspended.

They're not black or liberal so I doubt it, wouldn't be surprised if some off duty cops were in the trump supporter crowd.