1. #27001
    The Unstoppable Force Belize's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Gen-OT College of Shitposting
    Posts
    20,245
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Don't understand why Michigan is not called yet, what exactly are they waiting for.
    AP called it already no?

  2. #27002
    So, anyone wanna give odds on dejoy spending a few days in jail for contempt?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

  3. #27003
    Quote Originally Posted by Arch-Angel of Riots View Post
    I don't. I only have anecdotal references of Trump voters which I personally know.

    That is the best I can do, I'm no political-scientist or american poll-maker... but oh wait, those guys were really wrong too weren't they? I hope they can find new jobs.
    If they are wrong this year maybe they should.

    Cant be a pollster in an environment that values lies over truth.

  4. #27004
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Don't understand why Michigan is not called yet, what exactly are they waiting for.
    There are theoretically enough votes for Trump to come back in Michigan, but he'd need to win 100% of the votes in urban areas to do so.

  5. #27005
    The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    NorCal
    Posts
    23,286
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Feel free to quote that. I don't think I've ever given a timeline, but I have been consistent that I view it as a longer term goal that will require a stepping stone approach to ultimately achieve (the ACA being the first step).
    So far that doesn't seem like its going to happen with Veto Joe in office.

    Fun fact about Tomorrow, Tomorrow is always a day away.

    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Hey, I'm just as fuckin furious about Prop 22 appearing to pass. It's horse shit and I hate how gig companies flooded the state with money to get that bullshit through. Big reason why I support campaign finance reform, which would extend to ballot measures.

    So a guy married to her sister? Why should Harris control what he does or how does his work with Uber harm her?

    Given that California is pretty much the most progressive state in the US, I think that's a pretty clear signal that it's not all as cut and dry/black and white as progressives would like to believe.
    California is obviously not "The most Progressive State" given Prop 22 and how easy it was for Uber and Lyft to buy that election and buy endorsements from the likes of the CA NAACP. Second, How you feel about Prop 22 is unimportant, it passed in supposed Liberal, soon to be Lefty Paradise. How does that happen given your theory? Unless you labor under the conviction that "Left" just means "Super Liberal". In the end these ideological positions have opposing interests. ACA is never going to turn into a Universal Health Care system, EVER.

    What are the conditions or steps? Or is this one of those "Just trust the plan!" kinda deals?
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    Tankie Paleo-Conservatism with TERF characteristics / Socialism with My Chemical Romance characteristics. Caramelldansen Nationalism. Aimee Terese was right about Warren. Anti-HR Aktion. When that Polka hits!. Ceterum et dare nobis duo milia dollariorum!

  6. #27006
    Legendary!
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    6,132
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Don't understand why Michigan is not called yet, what exactly are they waiting for.
    There are still more uncounted votes than Biden's current lead (going by CNNs numbers 20 minutes ago), so Trump can still theoretically flip it.

  7. #27007
    Merely a Setback Breccia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    NY, USA
    Posts
    29,966
    Turmp, I mean, Biden's lawyer declares victory.

    Without cause.

    It's still premature even if my favored candidate does it.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by thilicen View Post
    There are still more uncounted votes than Biden's current lead (going by CNNs numbers 20 minutes ago), so Trump can still theoretically flip it.
    Exactly. Nobody's taking chances today.

  8. #27008
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    AP called it already no?
    Google is taking their info from AP and it hasn't been called yet.

  9. #27009
    Arizona will go back to R, Georgia stays R, NC stays R and it will come down to Pennsylvania. the nightmare scenario. And with all the tweets about the USPS has failed to deliver a a large % of mail in ballots in many big cities, which are heavy Biden. This whole thing stinks. Trump has effectively done a coup and succeeded.

  10. #27010
    Quote Originally Posted by Nurasu View Post
    Yeah, ok, I concede the point. It's a bad strategy and not really indicative of the overall party's though I don't think.

    I don't really disagree with you in that I'd like to see more progressive candidates. I was disappointed when the South went for Biden, but I think it's hard to argue a candidate more divisive would have achieved better results here. Democrats did not underperform, Trump overperformed.
    And I think Trump overperformed because this election, like 2016, wasn't a referendum on Trump. It was a referendum on neoliberal austerity politics that led us to Trump, our current state of government, and the current state of our economy. Americans are sick and tired of establishment politicians in either party who work hand in glove to continuously fuck over working class people while giving socialist handouts to corporations whenever they ask. Look at how quickly the House and Senate passed a bailout to corporations at the start of the pandemic and how they STILL won't help the rest of us while millions have lost their jobs and are being evicted. You can say "well that's because of Republican obstruction" all you want, but people still blame corporate neoliberals for getting us into this situation by being an absolutely toothless opposition at the behest of their corporate donors who also fund Republicans. It's not a coincidence that candidates who don't take corporate donations also overwhelmingly support single payer healthcare.
    Last edited by Flower Milk; 2020-11-04 at 09:08 PM.

  11. #27011
    Elemental Lord Kathranis's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Posts
    8,522
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Don't understand why Michigan is not called yet, what exactly are they waiting for.
    Yeah, greater than a 1.1% lead with 99% reported, that's a lock for Biden. Even if they stop the count, which is a fucking ridiculous notion to begin with. You don't get to stop a race just because you're in the lead. You have to cross the finish line.

    And as close as WI and MI are it's unlikely a recount will find anywhere near enough votes to make a difference. Trump's only hope is to swing Arizona / Nevada (unlikely) or find a way to start throwing out significant numbers of votes.
    Last edited by Kathranis; 2020-11-04 at 09:08 PM.

  12. #27012
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Turmp, I mean, Biden's lawyer declares victory.

    Without cause.

    It's still premature even if my favored candidate does it.
    Yea Biden campaign should know they can't call this until Nevada is in.

  13. #27013
    Merely a Setback Breccia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    NY, USA
    Posts
    29,966
    Prominent Republicans are condemning President Trump's false victory claim

    A number of prominent Republicans are condemning President Trump after he falsely claimed victory in a late-night press conference with millions of votes still to be counted.

    Former Trump national security adviser John Bolton called the president's remarks a "disgrace" in an early Wednesday interview with the U.K.'s Sky News. He joins a growing list of Republicans — including former Ohio Governor John Kasich and former New Jersey governor Chris Christie — who have also criticized Mr. Trump's comments.

    "He has cast doubt on the integrity of the entire electoral process clearly for his own personal advantage," Bolton told Sky News.

    Christie, who was recently released from the hospital after contracting the coronavirus, reacted to Mr. Trump's remarks while joining ABC News' live coverage of the election.

    "This was not the time to make this argument," Christie said. "I think by prematurely doing this, if there is a flaw in it later, he has undercut his own credibility in calling attention to that flaw."

    He called the remarks a "bad political decision," and said it was "not the kind of decision you would expect someone to make tonight who holds the position he holds."

    Kasich and fellow Republican Rick Santorum both condemned the remarks.

    "The more I'm thinking about it, I'm steaming," Kasich said on CNN Wednesday. "To cast dispersions on legitimate votes by legitimate voters — the American electorate — is ridiculous."

    Santorum said he was "very distressed" by what Mr. Trump had to say, defending election workers counting late-night ballots.

    "People get tired, they make mistakes, and they stop counting…They are not stopping counting because they are trying to fix anything or create any sort of fraud," he said.

    Fox News anchor Chris Wallace likened the president's remarks to throwing a "match" on an "extremely flammable situation" during the network's election coverage.

    Former Vice President Joe Biden's campaign swiftly condemned the false victory claim, calling it a "naked effort to take away the democratic rights of American citizens."
    They should condemn it. Trump is instigating riots. And I still put hefty odds on calling on his ICE thugs to flat-out invade.

  14. #27014
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    So far that doesn't seem like its going to happen with Veto Joe in office.
    Not that it will matter. Republicans will likely control the Senate and McConnell ain't pushing a M4A plan through. And I honestly don't even know if there are the votes in the House for it, Reps. vote their constituency, and not all their constituencies will want M4A.

    Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    California is obviously not "The most Progressive State" given Prop 22 and how easy it was for Uber and Lyft to buy that election and buy endorsements from the likes of the CA NAACP.
    On this, no. But in general, it remains the most progressive state that leads the way on a range of issues.

    And I'm all for replacing the CA head of the NAACP given her conflict of interest with her consulting firm. That's gross nonsense.

    Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    Second, How you feel about Prop 22 is unimportant, it passed in supposed Liberal, soon to be Lefty Paradise. How does that happen given your theory?
    Easy, because it is not a core progressive policy and is still fairly new territory to most voters (the gig economy is still new), and having the pro-Prop 22 camp dump $150M+ into it and get the endorsements of groups like the CA NAACP and MADD (single issue group) helps them.

    Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    ACA is never going to turn into a Universal Health Care system, EVER.
    I disagree here. It may go away, but it's a building block towards M4A.

    Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    What are the conditions or steps? Or is this one of those "Just trust the plan!" kinda deals?
    Slowly chip away at insurance companies and strengthen the ACA, continuing to expand access and tighten the screws on insurance company profits while improving the quality of plans and reducing the overhead. Far smarter people than I are already working on this.

  15. #27015
    Quote Originally Posted by Essem View Post
    Arizona will go back to R, Georgia stays R, NC stays R and it will come down to Pennsylvania. the nightmare scenario. And with all the tweets about the USPS has failed to deliver a a large % of mail in ballots in many big cities, which are heavy Biden. This whole thing stinks. Trump has effectively done a coup and succeeded.
    Evidence, please.
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    Multiculturalism hurts and kills. This happened before Trump and it would be happening without him. Racism arises from a multicultural society. If we were monocultural, people would not see issues through the lens of race.
    This is a poster saying that people are at fault for being the victims of terrorism, because they are not white.

  16. #27016
    The Unstoppable Force Belize's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Gen-OT College of Shitposting
    Posts
    20,245
    Quote Originally Posted by Essem View Post
    Arizona will go back to R,
    Not, it's not.

    Stop.

  17. #27017
    Herald of the Titans Vorkreist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Twitch chat
    Posts
    2,725
    Quote Originally Posted by Flower Milk View Post
    YEAH NO ONE IS TRYING TO WIN OVER REPUBLICANS GUYS ????
    You need to call them nazis in a nicer tone and they will switch to democrats.

  18. #27018
    Quote Originally Posted by Eviscero View Post
    Trumphadis storming Detroit counting facilities demanding the count be stopped. Literal fascists folks, out of their holes and in the streets.
    Let's see. The Detroit vote which has a large African American votes and look at the people outside. Well not African American.

    https://twitter.com/PattersonNBC/sta...885003778?s=19
    “There is a cult of ignorance in the United States…. [It is] nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that ‘my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.’”

    -Isaac Asimov

  19. #27019
    Quote Originally Posted by Flower Milk View Post
    And I think Trump overperformed because this election, like 2016, wasn't a referendum on Trump. It was a referendum on neoliberal austerity politics that led us to Trump, our current state of government, and the current state of our economy. Americans are sick and tired of establishment politicians in either party who work hand in glove to continuously fuck over working class people while giving socialist handouts to corporations whenever they ask. Look at how quickly the House and Senate passed a bailout to corporations at the start of the pandemic and how they STILL won't help the rest of us while millions have lost their jobs and are being evicted. You can say "well that's because of Republican obstruction" all you want, but people still blame corporate neoliberals for getting us into this situation by being an absolutely toothless opposition at the behest of their corporate donors who also fund Republicans. It's not a coincidence that candidates who don't take corporate donations also overwhelmingly support single payer healthcare.
    Ha you think Trumpists think and act that deeply? No its pretty obvious they don't.

    Its a personality cult nothing more nothing less.

    It knows what it likes and what it hates, and it likes Trump and hates people like you or me.

    These people aren't going to be convinced by policies because their votes are not policy based.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redtower View Post
    I don't think I ever hide the fact I was a national socialist. The fact I am a German one is what technically makes me a nazi
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    You haven't seen nothing yet, we trumpsters will definitely be getting some cool uniforms soon I hope.

  20. #27020
    Biden is giving a 'Fuck You' to Trump right now.
    “There is a cult of ignorance in the United States…. [It is] nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that ‘my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.’”

    -Isaac Asimov

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •