Quote Originally Posted by Die View Post
    You are missing the point. It does NOT matter if it is legal or not for the state legislatures to send the GOP electors in PA and AZ even if Biden wins the vote count. The legality of that move has absolutely nothing to do with any of this. What matters is just sending them anyway. If the courts cannot figure it out before December 14th, then no-one reaches 270 votes and the issue is MOOT. Trump and Pence are simply re-elected per the Constitution.
    Ummm, the legality is relevant... you are advocating trying to troll one's way past the law.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nurasu View Post
    If there are about 50k votes left, Biden needs about 1/3 of them by my count.
    That's pretty doable unless it's a batch of rural voters somehow.

10+ Year Old Account
    A highly disgruntled constituent of Lindsey Graham.
    You are missing the point. It does NOT matter if it is legal or not for the state legislatures to send the GOP electors in PA and AZ even if Biden wins the vote count. The legality of that move has absolutely nothing to do with any of this. What matters is just sending them anyway. If the courts cannot figure it out before December 14th, then no-one reaches 270 votes and the issue is MOOT. Trump and Pence are simply re-elected per the Constitution.
    If he was going to do that, it is spectacularly dumb to allow the election to happen in the first place. If you are going to have an election, publicly lose it, the whole world knows you lost it, and THEN take power anyway... well that is a bad look.

If he was going to seize power like that, this election would look like a landslide for Trump to the public, because it would be way easier to stuff polls behind close doors then relying on GOP legislatures to cheat right out in the open.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    That's pretty doable unless it's a batch of rural voters somehow.
    I mistyped, should be 2/3.

50,000 uncounted votes in GA. Biden needs 62% of remaining votes. He's been exceeding that so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post
    I'll even throw in one imaginary oatmeal cookie for you if he does.

The raisin one. Fuck chocolate chip. Raisins are superior.
    What kind of animal puts chocolate chips in an oatmeal cookie?

10+ Year Old Account
    A highly disgruntled constituent of Lindsey Graham.
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    I was wondering the same thing. That is just gross.

Amy McGrath and Jaime Harrison raised a combined $199,004,686 and lost to Mitch McConnell and Lindsey Graham by a combined 35 points.

I read if you include Susan Collins' opponent I believe you can add another $35 million. If you are a person who cares about Return on Investment (ROI) then this is not good news. Many factors and I HATE money in politics. Anytime I heard that Jaime Harrison raised X million dollars I did not give a crap. I hope the Dems are smart enough to at least realize were money was a waste and where it did some good.

My little editorial here is Dems still love to by frickin tv commercials and old school crap. I don't live in any of these states but wonder where the money went.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

Quote Originally Posted by Thekri View Post
    If he was going to do that, it is spectacularly dumb to allow the election to happen in the first place. If you are going to have an election, publicly lose it, the whole world knows you lost it, and THEN take power anyway... well that is a bad look.
    What's also a bad look is Biden publicly saying he has the biggest voter fraud organization ever. That mistake might very well be enough to convince state legislatures to send the GOP set of electors.

Clarke County update, more results only tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Nurasu View Post
    I mistyped, should be 2/3.
    GA Secretary of State Raffensperger
    With counting continuing in numerous counties throughout #Georgia, as of 12:45 p.m. today there are approximately 50,401 ballots still outstanding
    Trump only leads by about 13,540

What's also a bad look is Biden publicly saying he has the biggest voter fraud organization ever. That mistake might very well be enough to convince state legislatures to send the GOP set of electors.
    Once again, you Trumpsters really shouldn't push plans of treason and sedition.

10+ Year Old Account
    PA and AZ have GOP state legislatures. Both of them could just decide to send the GOP set of electors and make Trump president if they decide the ballots are too corrupt.
    And risk nation wide riots this country hasn't seen in decades.
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    It's called the Mackinac.

Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
    Amy McGrath and Jaime Harrison raised a combined $199,004,686 and lost to Mitch McConnell and Lindsey Graham by a combined 35 points.

I read if you include Susan Collins' opponent I believe you can add another $35 million. If you are a person who cares about Return on Investment (ROI) then this is not good news. Many factors and I HATE money in politics. Anytime I heard that Jaime Harrison raised X million dollars I did not give a crap. I hope the Dems are smart enough to at least realize were money was a waste and where it did some good.

My little editorial here is Dems still love to by frickin tv commercials and old school crap. I don't live in any of these states but wonder where the money went.
    Problem with the braging about the raising money, is that almost all of it came from out of state. out of state money isn't gonna help all that much. it helps some, but it's not enough.

10+ Year Old Account
    Finally a man of thought and culture

Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post

Collins was the most do nothing "concerned" person... who was tremendously unpopular yet here we are.

10+ Year Old Account
    I will fight you.
    Putin khuliyo

I'll even throw in one imaginary oatmeal cookie for you if he does.

I liked plain oatmeal cookies without raisins, never had one with chips before.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account

Congrats, that's even a level above Trump on the BS scale.