1. #27781
    Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    It's part of that...you know...whole "making sure there continues to be as little voter fraud/error as usual" thing that people constantly have to remind Republicans is actual reality.



    ...where have you been for the past 4 years? This is the same Trump who wanted to sue people for saying mean things about him (aka, factual reporting on the stupid shit he says constantly).
    Yes he wants everyone to love him because he has an ego complex. Thats why he'd rather win in a landslide than it being close.

    So obviously its a conspiracy and a recount is needed in his mind.

    He claimed he won the major vote last time which wasnt true.
    Comes a time when we all gotta die...even kings.

  2. #27782
    Quote Originally Posted by Antiganon View Post
    Oh the deadline to receive them, if postmarked by 11/3.

    I have to assume that due to the recent scrutiny they will be expediting the ballots to be counted, no? Should be 3-4 days tops?
    I doubt it'll take long to count them, but they've stated that they've reported everything that came in on election day, and will be providing no further results until the mail-in deadline when they will report all the late (but postmarked on-time) arrivals in a single batch.

  3. #27783
    Quote Originally Posted by Monster Hunter View Post
    Why not just do what the UK does, issue a poll card to each eligable voter by mail, 1 card = 1 vote, then you know exactly how many votes there should be.
    Because that costs money and the goal is to disenfranchise people.

  4. #27784
    Quote Originally Posted by Monster Hunter View Post
    Hu.

    We just issue 1 poll csrd to every eligable voter that you hand in at the station to get a slip, we have 100% strict anon voting, making any identifong marks ln a ballot is illegal here, its even illegal to tell people who you voted for or discuss anything politics in or around a polling station.

    Makes things alot quicker.
    We do that as well, with some differences.

    Rather than issued cards, we have voted registration. When you go to the polling place, they find your name on a list, verify you are who you say you are, cross you off, and hand you a ballot. The ballot is 100% anonymous, and no electioneering is allowed in or near polling places. People can wave signs at the street, but that's it.

    Where they have to do signature verification is for mail in ballots, because you have to request them and they need to know whose ballot it is, since you can (in most states at least) request a mail ballot, forget to fill it out or not do it in time, and choose to vote in person instead.

    The voting cards thing would be fine for in person voting, but I could easily see an issue with mail in ballots as done currently in the us, as you could theoretically harvest voting cards from a number of other people and submit ballots for them, which is illegal.

    There's also the possibility I guess of buying voting cards and going to the polls multiple times - either to different polling stations, or the same station on different shifts, so as not to be recognized.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by DarkTZeratul View Post
    I doubt it'll take long to count them, but they've stated that they've reported everything that came in on election day, and will be providing no further results until the mail-in deadline when they will report all the late (but postmarked on-time) arrivals in a single batch.
    Ah ok. So still a possibility for Biden and Cunningham to flip there, but a longshot and we won't know for a bit.

    Presidency should be decided long before then, but it will be important for Senate control.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Sorshen View Post
    https://twitter.com/RightWingWatch/s...75651515949056





    The bards and clerics are trying to save the encounter lol
    I vaguely remember a joke in the Trump thread about him having terrible dice for saving throws.
    Last edited by Antiganon; 2020-11-05 at 04:37 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Woods View Post
    LOL never change guys. I guess you won't because conservatism.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    I do care what people on this forum think of me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    This site is amazing. It's comments like this, that make this site amazing.

  5. #27785
    Immortal Fahrenheit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Princeton, NJ
    Posts
    7,731
    Think when the dust settles, Biden will have won PA by 120-150k votes. Tomorrow by midday this whole thing should be called.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

    Sovereign
    Mass Effect

  6. #27786
    Georgia is now down to 29K.

  7. #27787
    Stood in the Fire Setheria's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    460
    Apologies if I missed this, but is there any reason Nevada's count doesn't seem to be updating at all?

    Bit sad this thing is so close. Really feels like the Civil War needs to be finished off over there.

  8. #27788
    Does Biden's current 264 count include Nevada? Not sure how to read the chart on google.

  9. #27789
    Quote Originally Posted by Clone View Post
    Does Biden's current 264 count include Nevada? Not sure how to read the chart on google.
    No. Dark red and blue states have been called, light red and blue have not been called and show who's currently ahead.

  10. #27790
    Quote Originally Posted by Setheria View Post
    Apologies if I missed this, but is there any reason Nevada's count doesn't seem to be updating at all?

    Bit sad this thing is so close. Really feels like the Civil War needs to be finished off over there.
    They announced that they won't be reporting again until 9am (their time) tomorrow.

  11. #27791
    Quote Originally Posted by Clone View Post
    Does Biden's current 264 count include Nevada? Not sure how to read the chart on google.
    No. Nevada is still too close to call, even with Biden leading and areas seemingly deep blue areas.

  12. #27792
    Well this is going to take a while.

    My guess? Between the time it will take to get the calls for who what state ( AZ, NV, PA ), recount efforts and other lawsuits? You are looking at days if not weeks until we know who won, and it's going to be a tight affair.
    "Life is one long series of problems to solve. The more you solve, the better a man you become.... Tribulations spawn in life and over and over again we must stand our ground and face them."

    Retired <Dreamstate> Gehennas

  13. #27793
    Just on how things are travelling in Georgia - Fulton County did an update of 27.8K votes. Biden got 22.1K. Roughly 80%. That is way over what he needs.

  14. #27794
    Quote Originally Posted by CostinR View Post
    Well this is going to take a while.

    My guess? Between the time it will take to get the calls for who what state ( AZ, NV, PA ), recount efforts and other lawsuits? You are looking at days if not weeks until we know who won, and it's going to be a tight affair.
    I expect we'll know who won tomorrow, Friday at the latest, and Trump will spend the next few weeks on frivolous lawsuits trying to fight the results.

  15. #27795
    So with Kelley winning AZ Senate, when is he seated? I know since it was a special election he can be seated before 1/3, but I don't know how soon.

    Likely to impact a lame duck session at all?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Woods View Post
    LOL never change guys. I guess you won't because conservatism.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    I do care what people on this forum think of me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    This site is amazing. It's comments like this, that make this site amazing.

  16. #27796
    Quote Originally Posted by Antiganon View Post
    So with Kelley winning AZ Senate, when is he seated? I know since it was a special election he can be seated before 1/3, but I don't know how soon.

    Likely to impact a lame duck session at all?
    According to Google, November 30th. That still only puts the Senate at 52-48, though, so it's unlikely to affect anything. Assuming McConnell even brings anything to the floor to affect in the first place...

  17. #27797
    Quote Originally Posted by Antiganon View Post
    Likely to impact a lame duck session at all?
    Nope. It might have mattered with nominating someone to the Supreme Court if some other Republicans had joined Collins but otherwise no.

    According to Google, November 30th. That still only puts the Senate at 52-48, though, so it's unlikely to affect anything. Assuming McConnell even brings anything to the floor to affect in the first place...
    There's still dozens of Judicial Nominees Trump will want to nominate. Wonder what McConnell is going to do for the next few months especially with a Biden victory?
    "Life is one long series of problems to solve. The more you solve, the better a man you become.... Tribulations spawn in life and over and over again we must stand our ground and face them."

    Retired <Dreamstate> Gehennas

  18. #27798
    Quote Originally Posted by infinitemeridian View Post
    If Dems waste another 4 years on going after Trump's tax returns or screaming about Russia, then there is no hope for the party.
    They definitely shouldn't, that's the job of the courts.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by CostinR View Post
    There's still dozens of Judicial Nominees Trump will want to nominate. Wonder what McConnell is going to do for the next few months especially with a Biden victory?
    Obviously refrain from confirming any candidates "in an election year" (TM), because he's not a raging hypocrite.

    Lulz.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

  19. #27799
    If Biden wins I think a lot of Trump's skeletons will come out of the closet over the next few years even if a Biden administration completely ignores Trump.

  20. #27800
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorshen View Post
    https://twitter.com/RightWingWatch/s...75651515949056





    The bards and clerics are trying to save the encounter lol
    To be clear, in this analogy the demons are... votes in a democratic election.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •