1. #2861
    Void Lord Felya's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    the other
    Posts
    58,334
    Quote Originally Posted by Levelfive View Post
    For Christ's sake, "attacked." If you think we have time for 4 more years of Trump, you're mistaken.
    They all think that Trump politics is normal... We have an oligarch head of a corporation as president, who defended nazis and pretended he didn’t know who David Duke is when he gave support. But, they still bitch about corporatist Democrats, being racists. It’s exactly the same evidence that flat earth uses... they both can’t see their subjects, beyond a 2D plain.

    The guy with infinite accounts posting that no democrat said anything about Charlottesville, while Trump supporters are bitching that Godwin lost all meaning. Is fucking insane... child cages, but no family separation. It’s illogical, beyond anything political.

    Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    Especially when we know that the whole thing was started by Trump, Sessions, and that white nationalist Stephen Miller. Obama only separated kids from their parents, if their parents were drug mules/dangerous criminals. Not separating ALL children from their parents, including infants.
    Actually, the person who started this argument, is claiming Obama didn’t separate children from their parents. You are arguing with someone claiming that Obama had his cake and eating it too, while Trump just ate the cake. One of those is not like the other...
    Last edited by Felya; 2020-05-04 at 12:59 PM.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

  2. #2862
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Can you explain how democrat senate, is going stop Trump’s executive orders and emergency declarations? Can you explain, why Trump wouldn’t veto funding for violence against women act, that GOP has blocked for over a year?
    Or how it will stop the Justice Department from defending Trump's policies in the courts that are already stacked to side with him.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    They all think that Trump politics is normal... We have an oligarch head of a corporation as president, who defended nazis and pretended he didn’t know who David Duke is when he gave support. But, they still bitch about corporatist Democrats, being racists. It’s exactly the same evidence that flat earth uses... they both can’t see their subjects, beyond a 2D plain.

    The guy with infinite accounts posting that no democrat said anything about Charlottesville, while Trump supporters are bitching that Godwin lost all meaning. Is fucking insane... child cages, but no family separation. It’s illogical, beyond anything political.



    Actually, the person who started this argument, is claiming Obama didn’t separate children from their parents. You are arguing with someone claiming that Obama had his cake and eating it too, while Trump just ate the cake. One of those is not like the other...
    There are probably 2 people in this thread making the incredibly childish, lazy, and self-serving argument that "Trump and Biden are the same!" with even marginal sincerity. So.
    Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition, to wit: There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect. There is nothing more or else to it, and there never has been, in any place or time. --Frank Wilhoit

  3. #2863
    Void Lord Felya's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    the other
    Posts
    58,334
    Quote Originally Posted by Levelfive View Post
    There are probably 2 people in this thread making the incredibly childish, lazy, and self-serving argument that "Trump and Biden are the same!" with even marginal sincerity. So.
    Well, specifically the two comments about Charlottesville and Child Separation, just makes me think we are speaking different languages. I was going to translate to coded alt right lexicon, but that feels like a bad idea.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

  4. #2864
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Well, specifically the two comments about Charlottesville and Child Separation, just makes me think we are speaking different languages. I was going to translate to coded alt right lexicon, but that feels like a bad idea.
    Biden, the most corporatiest corporatist of all evil time, decided to run because of Charlottesville. Does anyone bother taking these desperate sock puppets seriously? Besides themselves, I mean.
    Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition, to wit: There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect. There is nothing more or else to it, and there never has been, in any place or time. --Frank Wilhoit

  5. #2865
    Titan Lenonis's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    14,395
    Quote Originally Posted by Inuyaki View Post
    If Trump wins, it will be a shitshow for another 4 years and a new chance for some change afterwards.
    Why is it that when you talk about change you ignore the biggest barrier -- the judiciary. As reasoned as your post comes across it's immediately suspect because you completely ignore the horrible long term damage Trump would do to the judiciary in 4 years. That has ramifications in the realm of decades, not 4 or 8 years.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Inuyaki View Post
    And yes, it's questionable that Dems get the senate
    It would be incredibly bizarre to have an outcome where the presidency goes Republican but the Senate gets flipped. It would require a fair number of people voting for Trump but then voting for D downticket. It's unlikely to happen in numbers big enough for that option.

    Which is why this whole narrative of "4 more years of Trump is actually better in the long term" is so disingenuous.
    Forum badass alert:
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    It's called resistance / rebellion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    Also, one day the tables might turn.

  6. #2866
    Old God Milchshake's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Shitposter Burn Out
    Posts
    10,082
    Remember, it was not the GoP, or Russia pushing these anti-Biden conspiracies. It's hard coare BErnie Bros that pose as "reporters".

    This new breed of "activist-journalists" e.g. Glenn Greenwald, Ryan Grim, Kate Aronoff, KAtie Halper, Cenk Uygur, Nathan J Robinson seem to be cosplaying the role of "journalist", but they're not reporting the news.
    The Podcast Left media folks are actively trying to effect electoral politics by scandalmongering vs. their favorite candidates' rivals - even if it means distorting the truth, giving a platform to frauds, telling pure fiction.

    They seem to believe the ends justify the means.

    The problem is that what are doing is in fact antithetical to Progressivism. Progressivism is the belief that government can address social ills and improve the human condition. That requires a strong - and credible - press.

    Every time The Intercept & Co. falsely accuse Joe Biden of nepotism, conflicts of interest, and corruption, they make it hard for the public to distinguish between their fake news and Donald Trump's very real nepotism, conflicts of interest, corruption. It's all just "fake news".

    They're just the vanguard of the current status quo.
    Government Affiliated Snark

  7. #2867
    Void Lord Felya's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    the other
    Posts
    58,334
    Quote Originally Posted by Milchshake View Post
    They're just the vanguard of the current status quo.
    It’s like the packers trading up drafting a QB in first round. You were 13-3, just a game from the SB last season. Why would you concede to not compete for 4 years, for a future that is the definition of uncertainty.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

  8. #2868
    Quote Originally Posted by Lenonis View Post
    Why is it that when you talk about change you ignore the biggest barrier -- the judiciary. As reasoned as your post comes across it's immediately suspect because you completely ignore the horrible long term damage Trump would do to the judiciary in 4 years. That has ramifications in the realm of decades, not 4 or 8 years.

    - - - Updated - - -

    It would be incredibly bizarre to have an outcome where the presidency goes Republican but the Senate gets flipped. It would require a fair number of people voting for Trump but then voting for D downticket. It's unlikely to happen in numbers big enough for that option.

    Which is why this whole narrative of "4 more years of Trump is actually better in the long term" is so disingenuous.
    I refuse to vote for Biden. I've given many reasons why, but I'm at the point where the threat of a Conservative dominated judiciary as real and significant as it is, will not suffice to hold my vote hostage. I will not vote for Biden, I will not. If the Democratic party wants me to vote for a Democratic presidential candidate I will need them to give me one that I don't find morally almost as repugnant as the alternative.

    I'm done. The responsibility is upon Democratic party to course correct, they are not entitled to my vote all cost. There is a line and they passed it with Biden.

    I encourage everyone to vote Democrat down ballot for the House, for the Senate, State Houses, Governorships, but not Biden. Like, I'd vote for Buttigeig, Warren, Klobuchar, Sanders, Gabbard whatever, there are 2 people from the Democratic primary field I will never vote for. Biden and Bloomberg.

    And I'm telling you now, Trump is getting re-elected. The deeper Democrats entrench themselves in the Biden camp the surer that fact is becoming. Your unconditional support for Biden is causing the very thing you claim you want to prevent.
    Last edited by Mihalik; 2020-05-04 at 02:11 PM.

  9. #2869
    Old God Milchshake's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Shitposter Burn Out
    Posts
    10,082
    Also, every Republican candidate has been graded on a very generous curve by the media in my living memory. With 2008 being the lone exception.

    One of the dumbest memes that needs to die is; Trump is a master of media manipulation.

    How does the the Media get manipulated by this guy? Unless they're in on it as well?

    Look at this image and tell me that Republicans are masters of propaganda.



    It's Trump sitting with his feet on the bars of a chair like a fancy little man in the shadow of Lincoln on his marble throne. I just don't want to hear anymore about how smart these guys are.
    Government Affiliated Snark

  10. #2870
    Titan Lenonis's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    14,395
    Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post
    *snip*
    Not particularly interested in the rantings of a political arsonist, sorry.
    Forum badass alert:
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    It's called resistance / rebellion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    Also, one day the tables might turn.

  11. #2871
    Quote Originally Posted by Lenonis View Post
    Not particularly interested in the rantings of a political arsonist, sorry.
    Cool. Just remember your current position when Trump is re-elected. Remember then that you've been warned and you decided you weren't interested.

    2016 all over again.

  12. #2872
    Titan Lenonis's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    14,395
    Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post
    Your unconditional support for Biden is causing the very thing you claim you want to prevent.
    One comment to add since you apparently want to try to sneak in jabs while you watch the world burn...

    My support for Biden is not unconditional. In fact he wasn't my choice and I've posted several times why I didn't think he should be the nominee.

    However now that the political reality is Biden vs Trump my choice is clear. Because 4 more years of Trump is something I have no interest in being a part of -- and if I chose to not vote for Biden or to not vote at all I would be a part of Trump's re-election. And I would like to be able to look back on this moment in history and know I did what I could to stop that from happening.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post
    Cool. Just remember your current position when Trump is re-elected. Remember then that you've been warned and you decided you weren't interested.

    2016 all over again.
    If Trump gets re-elected it isn't because of the actions I take. Maybe go look in the mirror for a bit and think about it rather than spending your time "warning" strangers about Trump getting re-elected while ranting about not voting for Biden.
    Forum badass alert:
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    It's called resistance / rebellion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    Also, one day the tables might turn.

  13. #2873
    Old God Milchshake's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Shitposter Burn Out
    Posts
    10,082
    Quote Originally Posted by Lenonis View Post
    One comment to add since you apparently want to try to sneak in jabs while you watch the world burn...

    My support for Biden is not unconditional. In fact he wasn't my choice and I've posted several times why I didn't think he should be the nominee.

    However now that the political reality is Biden vs Trump my choice is clear. Because 4 more years of Trump is something I have no interest in being a part of -- and if I chose to not vote for Biden or to not vote at all I would be a part of Trump's re-election. And I would like to be able to look back on this moment in history and know I did what I could to stop that from happening.

    - - - Updated - - -

    If Trump gets re-elected it isn't because of the actions I take. Maybe go look in the mirror for a bit and think about it rather than spending your time "warning" strangers about Trump getting re-elected while ranting about not voting for Biden.
    Lol "we were warned".

    I like how these guys come across as the Nefarious Husband in a Lifetime Movie of the week. Cheesy attempts at gaslighting and manipulation.

    /warps in popcorn

    "You're not going out dressed like that!"
    Government Affiliated Snark

  14. #2874
    Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post
    I refuse to vote for Biden. I've given many reasons why, but I'm at the point where the threat of a Conservative dominated judiciary as real and significant as it is, will not suffice to hold my vote hostage. I will not vote for Biden, I will not. If the Democratic party wants me to vote for a Democratic presidential candidate I will need them to give me one that I don't find morally almost as repugnant as the alternative.

    I'm done. The responsibility is upon Democratic party to course correct, they are not entitled to my vote all cost. There is a line and they passed it with Biden.

    I encourage everyone to vote Democrat down ballot for the House, for the Senate, State Houses, Governorships, but not Biden. Like, I'd vote for Buttigeig, Warren, Klobuchar, Sanders, Gabbard whatever, there are 2 people from the Democratic primary field I will never vote for. Biden and Bloomberg.

    And I'm telling you now, Trump is getting re-elected. The deeper Democrats entrench themselves in the Biden camp the surer that fact is becoming. Your unconditional support for Biden is causing the very thing you claim you want to prevent.
    You know that the planet dosnt have the privilege of 4 years of the orange cancer, right?
    Stop with this self centered rant and vote for Joe. Because we as a species cannot afford 4 more years of Trump.

    I didnt want Biden for president. I'd prefer that you had chosen Bernie or Warren. But even a turd is orders of magnitude better than the orange cancer, the one mainly responsible for 65k+ deaths in the last 3 months.
    Last edited by Thepersona; 2020-05-04 at 02:28 PM.
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker



  15. #2875
    Quote Originally Posted by Lenonis View Post
    Why is it that when you talk about change you ignore the biggest barrier -- the judiciary. As reasoned as your post comes across it's immediately suspect because you completely ignore the horrible long term damage Trump would do to the judiciary in 4 years. That has ramifications in the realm of decades, not 4 or 8 years.

    - - - Updated - - -

    It would be incredibly bizarre to have an outcome where the presidency goes Republican but the Senate gets flipped. It would require a fair number of people voting for Trump but then voting for D downticket. It's unlikely to happen in numbers big enough for that option.

    Which is why this whole narrative of "4 more years of Trump is actually better in the long term" is so disingenuous.
    Maybe just read my fucking post where I stated my "wishlist".
    I never said I just prefer Trump over Biden and stated MULTIPLE times that Trump + McConnell would be DEVASTATING. I don't know how much clearer I can be.

    Quoting me out of context is just stupid and does make you look disingenuous. It's not like my other posts were 3 days ago buried somewhere.

    I even said THAT A BLUE SENATE WITH TRUMP IS UNLIKELY AND THUS I WOULD VOTE FOR BIDEN!

  16. #2876
    Void Lord Felya's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    the other
    Posts
    58,334
    Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post
    Cool. Just remember your current position when Trump is re-elected. Remember then that you've been warned and you decided you weren't interested.

    2016 all over again.
    Yeah, remember your position when Trump gets elected. We are not the ones saying it’s worth it...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

  17. #2877
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    This is the most likely outcome whether Biden or Sanders were the nominee.
    I think (or rather, hope) that after the covid-19 shitshow, the probability of the cancer getting re-elected comes down significantly.
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker



  18. #2878
    Quote Originally Posted by Thepersona View Post
    You know that the planet dosnt have the privilege of 4 years of the orange cancer, right?
    Stop with this self centered rant and vote for Joe. Because we as a species cannot afford 4 more years of Trump.

    I didnt want Biden for president. I'd prefer that you had chosen Bernie or Warren. But even a turd is orders of magnitude better than the orange cancer, the one mainly responsible for 65k+ deaths in the last 3 months.
    So when did Trump have this virus created? So we are blaming every world leader for every death in their country now? So no world leader other than what, Douth Koreas leader has blood on their hands? Get off of this. He is not responsible any more than the democrats are for their anti border stance. If we were more of a nationalist country we wouldnt have been so open to having less secure borders.

  19. #2879
    Titan Lenonis's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    14,395
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    This is the most likely outcome whether Biden or Sanders were the nominee.
    So I'm going to just do a check-in -- other than pessimism and psychological safety of holding the worst outcome as the most likely...what data are you using to come to this conclusion?

    It's an honest question -- I'm just wonder if people are looking at something to come to this conclusion or just riding the wave of "Trump was the upset in 2016 so he'll clearly win in 2020." Which I get, but I don't think is as real as people think.
    Forum badass alert:
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    It's called resistance / rebellion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    Also, one day the tables might turn.

  20. #2880
    Void Lord Felya's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    the other
    Posts
    58,334
    Quote Originally Posted by Trunksee View Post
    So when did Trump have this virus created? So we are blaming every world leader for every death in their country now? So no world leader other than what, Douth Koreas leader has blood on their hands? Get off of this. He is not responsible any more than the democrats are for their anti border stance. If we were more of a nationalist country we wouldnt have been so open to having less secure borders.
    Trump didn’t create the virus, he fired all 30 members of his transition team, that received briefings from Obama administration on pandemic response. Trump dismantlement the US pandemic response in 2018. Then since January, Trump treated everyone alerting him to the issue, as if they are attacking him personally. Trump has now dismantled watchdog groups for federal spending, as he hands out million dollar contracts for failed cures and companies that can’t produce what he is paying them for. Trump refused to use the defense act to demand production of ventilators and masks, but is forcing ravaged meat producers to return to work.

    Democrats opposed all of this, not set him up to fail. Instead of treating everything as an attack, perhaps the stable genius needs to take advice from someone else.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Lenonis View Post
    So I'm going to just do a check-in -- other than pessimism and psychological safety of holding the worst outcome as the most likely...what data are you using to come to this conclusion?

    It's an honest question -- I'm just wonder if people are looking at something to come to this conclusion or just riding the wave of "Trump was the upset in 2016 so he'll clearly win in 2020." Which I get, but I don't think is as real as people think.
    It’s rare for an incumbent to lose.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •